What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (4 Viewers)

I sat on and broke right through two chairs today. In succession. These are patio lounge chairs we’ve probably owned for 7 or 8 years. I’ve sat on them hundreds, maybe thousands of times. As have many others. 

It’s getting bad. 
Probably a coincidence. 

How were those brownies?  That's what you really wanted to talk about, not counting calories or breaking chairs, right?

If you ever change your mind let me know. I want you to be healthy. 

Exercise minutes for May:

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total minutes.

should have stopped right here.  hit delete and moved on.  like herm edwards said, "don't press send"

This thread used to be great
OK, well Make the Thread Great Again then...it was a bloody joke 😂  The positive you don't notice those either Bell, just when you find disdain with me or want to get offended. I wondered what the 30 days comment was but I get it now.  

I did delete it all, kinda would suck to leave up the snippet Raiders did without the rest of the post but OK

Cheers All

Last edited by a moderator:
bostonfred said:
Probably a coincidence. 

How were those brownies?  That's what you really wanted to talk about, not counting calories or breaking chairs, right?

If you ever change your mind let me know. I want you to be healthy. 
I lost all my GAF.  I’ve been looking for everywhere for it. But simply can’t find it. I need to control the drinking. I know this. It’s hard-ish. 

Haven’t really been updating much in here but I’ve been staying under (all but one day this month).  Trying to now focus my efforts to correct my running form in hopes that it solves my knee pain issue.  It’s Friday so I suspect today might be a cheat day.

I have officially lost 25 lbs since January 1.  My goal was to hit this goal by Memorial Day so I beat it by a couple of weeks (since I really didn't lose anything in March I am very happy).

Next goal is to get under 225 (maybe by July 4?).  When (not if) I hit 225 it will be the lowest I have been since I started tracking weight 7 years ago.

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total

5/14  30  -  687 Total minutes.

Today I had to reset my Tecumseh Challenge. Yesterday I exercised for approximately zero minutes. I did 120 push-ups (not in a row), but no walking or running or HIIT or yoga or anything else of note. I think I had made it around 60 days (including retroactively qualifying days before I knew I was doing the challenge) -- but the exact number is now moot. As of tonight, I've got 99 more days to go.

@bostonfred  @Otis

i have to say, that this is working.  my scale at home sucks, compared to the NASA thing at the gym.  however, it is telling me that i have lost 4- 5 pounds in may.  not bad.  not bad at all.  granted, those are all rona pounds, but i'll take it.  i still don't like tracking, but the results are inarguable.  i'm much more aware of what i was blowing calories on before, and am eating smarter.   worked out hard today, so i can go off the rails a bit tonight.  currently running 2 miles, pretty easily.  with minimal knee issues.  the 5k goal starting to look pretty doable!  

cheers all!

DA RAIDERS said:
@bostonfred  @Otis

i have to say, that this is working.  my scale at home sucks, compared to the NASA thing at the gym.  however, it is telling me that i have lost 4- 5 pounds in may.  not bad.  not bad at all.  granted, those are all rona pounds, but i'll take it.  i still don't like tracking, but the results are inarguable.  i'm much more aware of what i was blowing calories on before, and am eating smarter.   worked out hard today, so i can go off the rails a bit tonight.  currently running 2 miles, pretty easily.  with minimal knee issues.  the 5k goal starting to look pretty doable!  

cheers all!
walked a midnight mile, to ensure that all progress wasn't lost.   :banned:   

20/35 points. Ran 4 miles. 

When I finished my run, I put the first coat of primer on my son’s bedroom. I absolutely hate painting. 
I painted our dining room 2 weekends ago.   It was miserable and reminded me why I hire that to be done.   Knock it out and get it over with.  Painting has a way of hanging over your head.   Maybe it’s the disrupted house?   It is a nice feeling when finished.  

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total

5/15  30  -  687 Total

5/16  45  -  732 Total minutes.

26/35 points. Under 1500 calories. Ran 4 miles. 

Consistently staying under the WW points and very low on calories. Snacking on fruit is keeping calories down and satisfying my need for something sweet. 

day 12: an embarrassing effort all around :bag:   776 calories over my goal for the day which brings the total to +1671 for the challenge.  In addition, I broke my streak of days over 10K logging only 3271 steps.

day 13:  mad at myself for the extreme DGAF from the previous day I ended with -602 calories (+1069 for the challenge) and I got 20,239 steps from two walks and yard work.

Today will look more like day 13 than day 12 :thumbup:

Krista clearly too good for this world. :wub:

It's killing me to not exercise, so I'm hitting the sidewalk tomorrow morning. If my Achilles still can't hang, the gym will be open. Gloves are mandatory and masks are optional.  :oldunsure:

2 days in the book no snacking post 7. Sent most of the remaining cookies over to the neighbors to avoid temptation. 225 here we come. 
It appears I got a bit cocky a bit early. The 2 year old broke his leg on mother's day (slipped on one step, smh) so the degree of difficulty of "two people trying to work while also taking care of the toddler" has increased quite a bit. That said, you know what makes it easier? Donuts. Also, ice cream. Mmm. 

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total

5/15  30  -  687 Total

5/16  45  -  732 Total

5/17  45  -  777 Total minutes.

Day 1.

Well, looks like I did nearly the quarantine 15.  More like the quarantine 10.  But still.

My eating loosened up some, but sure the biggest change in the past 8 weeks is the excessive drinking.  Today that all stops.

Weighed in for the first time in ages at 234.8.  Honestly thought it might be worse.  I'd like to lose 25lbs, and then reevaluate from there.

My focus in recent months has been on exercise.  But now it's going to be 100% about diet.  In the next few weeks I don't even really care if I workout or not.  Heck, in the short term, I may be better off NOT working out -- those 1 hour rows make me ravenously hungry.  I need to get the drinking and diet in check.  I know I can do a rowing routine and stick with it.  So, I'll be laser focused on the input side, and not so much the output side for a bit.  I'll still do bike rides and walks, and I'll ease back into the rowing.  But I need to most critically (1) stop boozing like I have been, and then related to that (2) eat better.  I'm pretty sure (2) will follow (1).

It's on bishes.  

Another strategy I'm considering which would completely turn my eating world upside down, but would solve all my problems:  I've for the longest time roughly been following IF because I don't eat breakfast, just coffee.  But rather than skipping breakfast, what if I skipped dinner?  Imagine I shut down my kitchen after 1pm or 2pm or something.  All of my very worst eating and habits start after 6pm.  I wouldn't drink.  I wouldn't eat garbage.  If I loaded up on a healthy breakfast and a regular lunch, and then didn't eat till breakfast the next morning, I would positively lose a ton of weight.

During quarantine there's no reason I can't do this.  I wish I'd thought of it and started it 2 months ago.  It'll be harder when "work life" kicks back in, including taking clients to dinners, and it being difficult to have a real/big breakfast and lunch during regular commuting work days.  Then again, here in NY we're probably still months, maybe many months, from returning to that kind of normalcy.  So maybe, just maybe, I can use this "upside down IF" for a few months to kick all the bad habits and get healthy.

@Otis your only chance is hiring a personal trainer. And even if you are successful getting to where you want to be you need to keep him/her. Because otherwise you would then regress.

Another strategy I'm considering which would completely turn my eating world upside down, but would solve all my problems:  I've for the longest time roughly been following IF because I don't eat breakfast, just coffee.  But rather than skipping breakfast, what if I skipped dinner?  Imagine I shut down my kitchen after 1pm or 2pm or something.  All of my very worst eating and habits start after 6pm.  I wouldn't drink.  I wouldn't eat garbage.  If I loaded up on a healthy breakfast and a regular lunch, and then didn't eat till breakfast the next morning, I would positively lose a ton of weight.

During quarantine there's no reason I can't do this.  I wish I'd thought of it and started it 2 months ago.  It'll be harder when "work life" kicks back in, including taking clients to dinners, and it being difficult to have a real/big breakfast and lunch during regular commuting work days.  Then again, here in NY we're probably still months, maybe many months, from returning to that kind of normalcy.  So maybe, just maybe, I can use this "upside down IF" for a few months to kick all the bad habits and get healthy.
I don't think you need another fad diet. 

I think you like fad diets because you find them motivating.

I think you can follow strict rules when you are motivated but you lose motivation quickly and look for another fad diet so you can get excited that this is the one that really works. 

You don't need a different diet that really works.

You need to commit to a diet and exercise plan for an extended period of time.  

You keep trying diet or exercise.

I know, I'll try eating nothing but potatoes, that was I don't have to exercise. I'll wake up before dawn tondo a MAF row every day but not change my diet. Now you want to skip dinner every night and quit exercising, 

You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. You can lose 2lbs per week and barely feel hungry. You can even have the occasional drink or two, and you don't have to drink bud light select or michelob ultra or vodka and sadness or whatever you have been drinking recently, 

Eating really well for one day or even one week won't help you meet your goals.  

If you want to lose 25 pounds, that will take at least 10 weeks (assuming there's a few pounds of water weight from all the alcohol and crappy diet) and probably more like 3 or 4 months.  You could easily be 210 in August if you commit to it.  

You could be 200 before Halloween if you wanted to put in the work.

You need to put in the work. 

How much do you really want this?  Not in terms of how much you are willing to do today. I don't care if you row 7 days a week or 3, I don't care if you drink beer or not, I don't care if you skip dinner or not. None of that matters if you don't commit to a long term change and consistently hold yourself to it. 

Is there anything else we can do to help you be accountable and stay motivated?

@Otis your only chance is hiring a personal trainer. And even if you are successful getting to where you want to be you need to keep him/her. Because otherwise you would then regress.
Disagree.  Training is not my issue.  Maybe a personal chef, who cooks everything I eat and follows me around and pulls a Mutombo every time I treat to eat cake or guzzle wine.

This is why it's personal trainer or failure. He still may fail with a full time personal trainer, but it's his only chance. He will not be successful on his own.
You're talking about paying someone to hold him accountable. 

I don't know if that would solve it for him though. He doesn't need someone to watch him work out and ask him what he ate last night. He needs someone to hold him accountable in a way that matters to him. 

You're talking about paying someone to hold him accountable. 

I don't know if that would solve it for him though. He doesn't need someone to watch him work out and ask him what he ate last night. He needs someone to hold him accountable in a way that matters to him. 
That is what a good personal trainer does.

For 4+ years I've been watching Otis try and fail, alot.  He can keep to a workout routine, and can fast.  Not sure why a 8/16 IF protocol and resistance training won't work.  

Users who are viewing this thread