What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

@Otis how were the 6 chicken fingers dipped in ranch, fries (potatoes!), 2 Coors light, 2 glasses of red, kids Santa candy, and 2 scotches?

I'm curious to see what you guys are eating though. My problem usually just comes from menu fatigue - yogurts mixed with fruits/granola, salads, soups, fish, & chicken.

Just so repetitive.

@Otis how were the 6 chicken fingers dipped in ranch, fries (potatoes!), 2 Coors light, 2 glasses of red, kids Santa candy, and 2 scotches?
They all were amazing.  Yesterday.

Today I'm really struggling.  I was in complete food and booze death spiral mode, so to go cold turkey to very low calorie of bland potatoes, and seltzer...    not easy...

The potatoes were actually making me a little nauseous at the end.  I may need to quickly transition to making potato wedges in the oven and covering those with tomato sauce.  Which was fairly amazing.  And I don't see that slowing my progress much.

Today I'm really struggling.  I was in complete food and booze death spiral mode, so to go cold turkey to very low calorie of bland potatoes, and seltzer...    not easy...

The potatoes were actually making me a little nauseous at the end.  I may need to quickly transition to making potato wedges in the oven and covering those with tomato sauce.  Which was fairly amazing.  And I don't see that slowing my progress much.
I was going to fire up my diet today...going on a vacation in Mexico in a month...then realized I have soooooo many leftovers from last night (a whole pizza from my favorite place,  2 lbs of buffalo chicken dip, guacamole, etc.).  I wanted to work out but just said F it.  New Year begins tomorrow and I'm a pound heavier.

This is what got me.  I was mid-late week 2 and couldn't take another potato.  Made me nauseous.  

I didn't touch a potato or even my favorite ...potato chips for a couple of months.  The thought made me want to gag. 

I did have amazing blood pressure and lab results - I just happened to have a regular doctor appoint after the first week.  

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]If you want to make an impact -- if you want to show folks who’s boss, and do something that will be remembered, here’s what you do on weigh-in day:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Throw away your first weigh-in. Seriously. Toss it. When you're sitting around the scale and your turn comes up and everyone looks at you, just politely say "pass," then nonchalantly take a sip of your potato juice. Then do the same thing during the second weigh-in. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Some of them will laugh[/SIZE]. The ones who don’t laugh, the quiet ones, are the ones who are realizing, at that very moment, that they aren't dealing with just any ordinary fantasy magic diet guy. This is a real life hawk, sitting right across the scale from them, and the one thing that is going through their mind is what they should be putting in the Memo field of the $100 check they are writing to your favorite charity, because this diet season has already ended for them as quickly as it began. It’s like the schoolyard bully taking everyone’s lunch money, except he doesn’t have to ask--the kids just line up and fork it over.

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]If you want to make an impact -- if you want to show folks who’s boss, and do something that will be remembered, here’s what you do on weigh-in day:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Throw away your first weigh-in. Seriously. Toss it. When you're sitting around the scale and your turn comes up and everyone looks at you, just politely say "pass," then nonchalantly take a sip of your potato juice. Then do the same thing during the second weigh-in. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Some of them will laugh[/SIZE]. The ones who don’t laugh, the quiet ones, are the ones who are realizing, at that very moment, that they aren't dealing with just any ordinary fantasy magic diet guy. This is a real life hawk, sitting right across the scale from them, and the one thing that is going through their mind is what they should be putting in the Memo field of the $100 check they are writing to your favorite charity, because this diet season has already ended for them as quickly as it began. It’s like the schoolyard bully taking everyone’s lunch money, except he doesn’t have to ask--the kids just line up and fork it over.
Well said.  Here are pics of penis doughnuts

Final meal before taking this seriously.... beef,veal,pork meatballs in a sauce that's been cooking for 13 hours, along with some fresh Italian sausage, linguini, fresh bread, oil dish with herbs for bread dunking. Finish that up with some nice creme brulee and 3 cups of coffee.

Gained 4 pounds just with meal.  Worth it. Going backwards.

How do I start a non profit?

Ok ran it passed the wife.  She doesn't approve due to the fact that I take it to the extreme, i.e. Nothing but bacon, cheese, pork rinds, chicken, steak for 12 weeks.  It's not the easiest to cook 2 meals for the family when I do Keto.  I have won a previous competition that way.  Something like 40 pounds in 12 weeks.

Anywho in for fun but not for money  :no: .

I feel like a pigeon now.

Otis said:
I edited the first post with the rules and list of participants (on the money/charity portion).  Quoted here above for posterity.  I have question marks next to some folks who I wasn't sure are interested in buying in or not--if we don't hear confirmation from those folks by tomorrow I'll assume they're out.  Since we're allowing starting weigh-ins tomorrow, we can probably extend entries till then too.  If anyone else is interested, post now or forever hold your fat gut.  We've change the parameters a bit here since we first started the list, so if anyone of you heartless bastards decides you now want OUT since it isn't about cheating us out of our money I mean winning money, let us know.
AND IM BACK IN THE GAME!!! Charity donation is a great idea.  Ill weigh in tomorrow.

And thanks @krista4 for saying you'd vouch for me.  Despite all the Ditka's on the board, you did help with my profile years back.  After years of online dating, I met my fiancé on a dating app a little less than two years ago!

I'd be interested but in South America til the 4th.  Can I weigh in then and still only take til 3/31 for my final weigh in? 

There's a scale in my hotel room but it's kilograms and that seems hard to do the math on 

I'd be interested but in South America til the 4th.  Can I weigh in then and still only take til 3/31 for my final weigh in? 

There's a scale in my hotel room but it's kilograms and that seems hard to do the math on 
Can't you go back there and weigh in when this is over?

Ugh I came down with a fever today. Have barely eaten anything. Should have just weighed in this morning. 

belljr said:
Yes you are the only one who is not motivated unless cash is on the line
I'm exponentially more motivated when cash is on the line...and honestly why I joined in the first place.  But I'm not gonna be that **** who says he's out now that it's for charity.  

Weigh in tomorrow. I just woke up and come down stairs to get a cup of coffee and say 'good morning' to the family and all of the leftovers from the New Year's party are warmed up spread out on the table. I ate 5 lil smokies pretzel dogs while waiting for my cup of coffee.

I will wait until after the 2nd cup to tear into the jalapeño popper dip- that feels more like lunch. My body is a temple. To Bacchus.

Actually I was on the program from Labor Day to Thanksgiving.  Great results with pounds dropped, cholesterol down to 154, etc.  Q1 is tough for me as I'm on the road a ton.  If I maintain I'll be doing great.  Will gladly add to any charity cause though.

And it turns out that I had potatoes a couple days in a row.  Roasted baby potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Had them last night with crab legs and then tonight again as my daughter and her boyfriend came by, so it was easy with the chicken.  After 2-3 meals I don't want to look at a spud again.  Don't see how this can be a focal point of any lasting diet.

Not in on the charity bet but playing along at home. 

As a newly diagnosed diabetic whose blood sugar was out of control I needed to make some serious life style and dietary changes.  I've gotten a head start on this challenge as I was diagnosed on 11/30-12/1, so I'm a month in on the dietary changes.

I was 354# with a BMI of 50.88 when I was admitted to the hospital on 11/30.

I weighed myself tonight and was 335.6# with a BMI of 48.15.  So just under 20# lost in just over a month.  Only changes so far have been dietary.  Cold turkey on sugary drinks (soda, Gatorade and Vitamin water) and sweets, incorporating more veggies into my diet, cut way back on carbs and smaller portions.

I feel I'm doing well.  My blood sugar when I arrived at the hospital was 440mg/l.  My blood sugar is averaging between 120-125mg/l since I was discharged.

Good luck to everybody participating in the challenge.

Cheeseypoof

Otis, I don't gamble...at all.  However I'd like to be in as a non betting participant.  If I win, which I plan, defer to second place.  Is that ok?     

Id really like the motivation however I just can't gamble.  Sorry.  

If only you had access to the internet to do the conversion for you.....

;)

So... are we supposed to post daily, weekly, bigly?  

I was going to get on the scale again this morning but the thing was in the corner shaking. So now I need to lose weight and get my scale treated for PTSD.

Need a ruling - I ate a metric #### ton yesterday and then weighed myself after midnight.  Can I go with that weigh in or go with my usual weigh-in time?  Just want to do what everyone else is doing.  

ETA - there was a 2.6 lb difference between 12:01 and just now. I'm fine with either.  @Otis

Last edited by a moderator:
So... are we supposed to post daily, weekly, bigly?  

I was going to get on the scale again this morning but the thing was in the corner shaking. So now I need to lose weight and get my scale treated for PTSD.
Post as often as you reasonably can.  It will help evidence your 3 months, and in any event, will be helpful motivation for you.

Need a ruling - I ate a metric #### ton yesterday and then weighed myself after midnight.  Can I go with that weigh in or go with my usual weigh-in time?  Just want to do what everyone else is doing.  

ETA - there was a 2.6 lb difference between 12:01 and just now. I'm fine with either.  @Otis
Go with your usual weigh-in time, within reason.  I think a weigh-in at the end of the day would be bigly heavier.

Official weigh in... 6'1" 242.2 lbs

My goal is to get to 220 by May and 210 by July.

No money for me guys, hope you don't mind. I'll be logging my weight every week on Mondays

I'm just playing along at home and think getting healthier as a group is a great idea. 

Good luck to those of you who are competing. I hope everyone is honest. 

Im at 209.6 today. That is around my normal weight but my lack of gym time for the last 6 months has made for a soft 210. I have been hitting the gym for the last 3 weeks and am on a mission to get back much of the muscle mass that I have lost.  

Diet is everything for me. I love working out almost as much as I love to eat. 

Lets do this!  

:bag: :bag:   - some of you may remember our 2015 weight loss thread - I went from 240 down to 179.  This will be my 3rd and hopefully last time losing this weight.  If I do get down I give everyone in the thread permission to kick me in the nuts as a reminder to never put it on again.

Official weigh-in, after a miserable day yesterday where I was running a fever and had no appetite but forced myself to eat the salty foods I enjoy. 

A year ago I was about 220. I actually think I was still there over the summer. Just a combination of work stress over the last six months and no motivation to workout has killed me. Time to lose it again 

Here's a penny picture for any non-believers (note: I may need a pedicure): https://imageshack.us/i/pli0LU6tj

(i did wear think pajama pants for the weigh in to prevent any Chris Cooley situation with the photo. I plan on wearing them again for the official weigh in when this is over)

Users who are viewing this thread