What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

You are not dumb.  You prefer to drink and eat a little too much on weekends rather than try to lose weight.  When you are serious about the weight loss on the weekend, you will lose weight.  Only you can make that decision.  

This story has become boring anyway.  You need a new hack or fad diet.  Try something new like an egg-only diet?   How about salads and beer?  Only foods that are red?   
It's on.

Just did Yoga with Tim Transform Day 12.  Another one where Tim was a pansy and let the hottie do the session.  This one focused on back bends.  More heavy vinyasa flow but added some one leg warrior and dancer pose at the end.  I was able to get a pretty good bend actually.  Oh, and the girl is definitely hot.  She's a freaking turkish model.  She kept the hoodie on again, even tho in the tease photo for the session she had the hoodie off (cocktease).  

Was significantly under my calories yesterday.  Keep up the good work.

Btw, the hottie has an Instagram if anyone wants to gander at someone's daughter that makes her money being hot and doing fitness stuff...  'ambermelaniee'.  You're welcome.  

I hear you. The walking hasn't aggravated my joints; my weak links are plantar fascia and back. With proper warmup, I don't pull up lame very often. And my continued ability to ambulate is literally what's at stake for an aging diabetic. Use it or lose it.
I have a bad back and a bad knee.  If I jog or run for like a mile I am limping around in pain for the rest of the day. Biking has been a real life saver and I ride both indoors on stationary bike and outdoors on real bike.  Bike supplies are still low but think you should really consider it as it is a great low impact exercise that I find really enjoyable.  Honestly, I always hated running but love getting on my bikes.

Just did Yoga with Tim Transform Day 12.  Another one where Tim was a pansy and let the hottie do the session.  This one focused on back bends.  More heavy vinyasa flow but added some one leg warrior and dancer pose at the end.  I was able to get a pretty good bend actually.  Oh, and the girl is definitely hot.  She's a freaking turkish model.  She kept the hoodie on again, even tho in the tease photo for the session she had the hoodie off (cocktease).  

Was significantly under my calories yesterday.  Keep up the good work.

Btw, the hottie has an Instagram if anyone wants to gander at someone's daughter that makes her money being hot and doing fitness stuff...  'ambermelaniee'.  You're welcome.  
I'd love to start a YouTube channel where I just stand next to hotties and watch them do yoga.  I've seriously made poor life decisions.

I'd love to start a YouTube channel where I just stand next to hotties and watch them do yoga.  I've seriously made poor life decisions.
To be fair the guy is pretty good at yoga himself and did the first 6+ sessions.  It's only the last handful that he's had the hotties doing the work.  It's increased my interest in the sessions but also diminished my respect for him as a yogi.  I think he's also trying to help out other local 'influencers' by having them on his channel, but he's not all that popular either.  Definitely not up to the level of Yoga with Adriene and her millions of youtube views for each episode.  

Week 0:  Goal - lose 18 pounds

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds

I can only imagine how much I'd have lost if not for all the wine!  I know every week won't be like this, but it's a good start.

12.6 pounds to go.

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds, -5.4 pounds total

Week 2:  -0.4 pounds, -5.8 pounds total

I knew it wouldn't be good.  I went way off the rails last Friday-Sunday (Oats>hai).  This week isn't starting out much better as I have three big stressers in my life that I need to get settled, and it's making me want pizza and wine.  A couple of those should be worked out one way or another in the next 24 hours or so, and I hope to get back on it then.  Actually today I am eating well, but I want wine and I don't want yoga.  Yesterday I didn't want yoga either, but I did force myself into it.  Today, notsomuch.

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds, -5.4 pounds total

Week 2:  -0.4 pounds, -5.8 pounds total

I knew it wouldn't be good.  I went way off the rails last Friday-Sunday (Oats>hai).  This week isn't starting out much better as I have three big stressers in my life that I need to get settled, and it's making me want pizza and wine.  A couple of those should be worked out one way or another in the next 24 hours or so, and I hope to get back on it then.  Actually today I am eating well, but I want wine and I don't want yoga.  Yesterday I didn't want yoga either, but I did force myself into it.  Today, notsomuch.
I would punch my grandma for a pizza and a good bottle of cabernet right now.

225.4 this morning, which really only matches my low of 2021.  Could look at that and say I haven’t made progress in the past couple of months.  I look at it and say it’s a huge success — in the olden days, my backslide after the early year push would continue well into the year.  Here I had a backslide, went off the rails a bit, but stayed with it.  That’s progress.  And as long as the number is directionally going down, not up, it doesn’t really matter how quickly that happens. 

I’m less than 10lbs from my wedding weight, which is the next goal.  Would love to hit that by summer.  And then eventually get 10lbs below there and be in better shape than Mrs. O ever knew me!

Up before 5 this morning, hit the weights, usual healthy breakfast.  Onward. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Yoga with Tim Transform Day 13.  

It's a weird mobility one.  Warm up with some mild yoga and stretching then doing some non-yoga moves to increase mobility.  It was kinda cool and not too hard.  It did seem to work also.  Ended with some interesting breathing stuff that included holding your breath.  I didn't like the breathing stuff.  Oh, and Tim was actually doing the work this time for a change.  Tomorrow is strength day with the Turkish model chick.  Looking forward to her/that.  

Was right at my calories yesterday and no booze.  

Keep up the good work.  

Just as I thought I was completing my warmup this morning, I got the familiar burning/stinging sensation in my left heel, the one that proudly displays a crown of bone from the last time injured it. But if I kept my stride from getting too long, it didn't hurt a lot. Yes, I'm dumb. With top gear not available, pace was 19:12. Whether I go for a walk tomorrow or dig up the walking boot is TBD.

225.4 this morning, which really only matches my low of 2021.  Could look at that and say I haven’t made progress in the past couple of months.  I look at it and say it’s a huge success — in the olden days, my backslide after the early year push would continue well into the year.  Here I had a backslide, went off the rails a bit, but stayed with it.  That’s progress.  And as long as the number is directionally going down, not up, it doesn’t really matter how quickly that happens. 

I’m less than 10lbs from my wedding weight, which is the next goal.  Would love to hit that by summer.  And then eventually get 10lbs below there and be in better shape than Mrs. O ever knew me!

Up before 5 this morning, hit the weights, usual healthy breakfast.  Onward. 
Pick a date to reach the 10 pound goal and make your plan for diet and exercise.  Use MFP to track the plan.   How about June 15?   July 1?  

You can do this if you stick to a sensible plan.    You could also do this and provide much more entrainment by choosing a whacky plan.  

@Otis  don’t drink this weekend and you will:

a)  be really happy with yourself (hint, this is the important one)

b) I’d bet you lose at least a pound  that’s sub 225

c) get to come in here and talk some wicked ####, about how great you are. 

DA RAIDERS said:
@Otis  don’t drink this weekend and you will:

a)  be really happy with yourself (hint, this is the important one)

b) I’d bet you lose at least a pound  that’s sub 225

c) get to come in here and talk some wicked ####, about how great you are. 
You make a compelling case here sir.

I bet I could achieve all of these things if I just drink a little.  Like, a couple drinks, and otherwise stick to healthy eating.

You make a compelling case here sir.

I bet I could achieve all of these things if I just drink a little.  Like, a couple drinks, and otherwise stick to healthy eating.
Serious question, can you drink just a little?  

Full disclosure, I have some nights where I plan for a single bourbon or glass of wine and end up going completely off the rails.  No judgement here.  I have learned that if I don't have any then I can't go off the rails.

Full disclosure, I have some nights where I plan for a single bourbon or glass of wine and end up going completely off the rails.  No judgement here.  I have learned that if I don't have any then I can't go off the rails.
this.  times a million.   :lmao:   it's soooooo much easier, to just not have it at the house.

krista4 said:
  This week isn't starting out much better as I have three big stressers in my life that I need to get settled, and it's making me want pizza and wine.  A couple of those should be worked out one way or another in the next 24 hours or so, and I hope to get back on it then. 
Neither of these got worked out today.  I'm losing my ####### mind.  More wine will be drunk, though I'm eating healthy.

I've been in a never-ending vet cycle for my cat The Squirrel over the past couple of months, culminating last Tuesday in a biopsy on some masses in his ears.  Supposed to get results in five days.  Five days go by, then six, then seven...and I couldn't even get a response from the surgeon.  Finally today, day eight, I was told they would have everything by tomorrow morning at the latest and would give me a call.  We'll see.

In the midst of that, I've been dealing with an issue with my employer since April 8 that, if not resolved in the manner I want, will cause me to quit my job.  I had a call scheduled for 11:30 this morning where I was supposed to get an update that would let me know whether that will happen, but NO, they changed the call to next Monday.  Yet another holding pattern.

Throw those in with another significant life matter I've been facing for 6-7 weeks, and I'm at my wit's end.  Wine, please.

Oh, I did force myself into YWA today, and I really enjoyed the 25-minute Balancing Ocean Flow.  The flow was faster than most of hers, and it featured a lot of my favorite stuff with all the three-legged-dog/knee-to-wherever stuff, warriors, yogic squats, and a cool bit where you are in standing splits for a while and then flow into a one-legged balance thingie.  Also a lot of core work - not as hard as that killer one from last week, but enough to feel like you're getting a workout without wanting to die.

ETA:  Forgot to mention the downside, which is that she does this one as a voiceover.  But at least she's the one doing the moves, unlike that TimWimp.

Just did Yoga with Tim Transform day 14.  It was a strength day w/ the turkish model doing the moves while pansy Tim instructed.  Workout was pretty good and Tim emphasized this was intended to complement yoga and hit areas that are not always as well developed by yoga only.  I liked the workouts/sets.

I did break two of my weaker strength bands that are quite old, so I guess I'll have to give Bezos a little more coin for a delivery later this week.  

I managed to have one bourbon last night and stay under my calories.  I didn't even know both of those were possible, especially on a weekday night!

Keep up the good work!

Of course it is...but the full bottle of wine costs more in the long run.  
We have gone to buying the Kirkland boxed cab.  It is like 4 bottles of wine in the box at an average cost of around $3/bottle.  I like a good wine, and I'm not going to pretend that this is the highest quality wine there is, but for what it is it's pretty damn solid.  Probably the best boxed wine I've had and I think some of the boxed wines out there have gotten a lot better over the last few years.

15 mile ride at an average speed of 15.5mph, which is a pretty good pace for me. 800 calories burned, zero beers and a plate full of potatoes, broccoli, green beans and mushrooms for dinner. 
I feel like the more I eat healthier foods, the more I crave them.  My reaction to your meal above was, mmmmmm, mushrooms and green beans.  Tonight my favorite part of my meal was turnips.  Turnips!  But they were fresh from a farm and so delicious.  A couple of nights ago I was foregoing most of the steak offered in favor of Brussels sprouts and apple.

If only I drank less wine.

I feel like the more I eat healthier foods, the more I crave them.  My reaction to your meal above was, mmmmmm, mushrooms and green beans.  Tonight my favorite part of my meal was turnips.  Turnips!  But they were fresh from a farm and so delicious.  A couple of nights ago I was foregoing most of the steak offered in favor of Brussels sprouts and apple.

Don’t even know that I’ve ever had turnips. I love Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, which I absolutely despised as a kid. They are both great for weight loss because they are really filling and satisfying. 

Your struggles mean you are only losing 2 pounds/week instead of 3 pounds/week while enjoying your wine.  You be you.  

Posting helped me stick with it the first time. So here we go again. 

This week:  254 lbs       Last week:  256 lbs

Change:  -2 lbs               Loss to date:  27 lbs

------------------------------

Target weight:  207 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  

March 19:   274 lbs

March 26:   270 lbs

April 2:       265 lbs

April 9:       262 lbs

April 16:     259 lbs

April 23:     256 lbs

April 30:     254 lbs
I should be happier about the week, but I felt like I plateaued despite losing 2 lbs.  Those 2 came off the day after my last check in, then nothing despite my best week of exercise and eating discipline to date.

I'm going to up my calorie intake some. With the walks I went from 1000 to 1600 calories of extra exercise every day. I think this might be too much on the 1500 calories a day I'm eating and might have pushed me towards starvation mode. Also, I ate the same calories pretty much all week instead of 'zigzagging' and eating more calories for 2 days so the body doesn't adjust to the new total with a lower metabolism and slower digestive rate. 

Rest day today, and going to eat nearer to the calories to maintain my current weight today and tomorrow, then back to the diet but maybe up it to 1800 calories.

The bad: Friday Junior turned into a bad 24 hours all around. 

The good: it’s Saturday and I’m planning to have a good day today. I also signed up for Noom last night. Can’t hurt right?  So far I’m intrigued. 

Serious question, can you drink just a little?  

I’m the opposite- I find it almost easier to have a single bourbon or beer than none.  I do plan on maybe a month no alcohol starting Monday.

Otis said:
The bad: Friday Junior turned into a bad 24 hours all around. 

The good: it’s Saturday and I’m planning to have a good day today. I also signed up for Noom last night. Can’t hurt right?  So far I’m intrigued. 
If you can have 6 out 7 days be successful, you will lose weight.  5 out of 7 works as long as those two bad days are not completely off the chart.   I find I don’t lose weight if I only win 4 days in a week.  

I did a quick YWA yesterday that I had on my "revisit" list.  Only 19 minutes but so much good, strong stuff, ending with long tree poses.  My trees were the best I've ever done!  Feeling strong.  Hit a 37-minute mostly easy one today to give the body a break, as I've been pushing it quite a bit. 

Oh, also used all my WW daily points and all but three of my weekly points yesterday by treating myself to a cheeseburger and a boatload of wine.  Worth it.

Well, a little off the rails-ish this weekend, but actually a weird thing happened:

I just had my lowest Monday morning weigh-in, right near my low, at 225.9.  I actually think I have Noom to thank.  It kept me mindful of what I was eating, and motivated, in ways I hadn’t been previously.  I’m becoming a believer.  

Example: yesterday (Sunday) we went to my folks’ place for a cookout.  Usually at these I drink a bunch of drinks, have a burger and two dogs, and a bunch of dessert, and come home feeling miserable and think “well tomorrow is Monday and I can start fresh.”  But instead I got up and went to the gym, then went to the cookout, I had two light beers, I had one hot dog, and a heaping plate of beet salad.  I’ve never in my life eaten beet salad.  It actually wasn’t all that bad.  And then for dessert despite all the incredible options, I had one (1) Munchkin.  I didn’t really miss out on anything, I had a nice time, and I came home feeling good.  Since I was still good on calorie goals for the day, I even allowed myself a single white whine spritzer on the couch in front of the Knicks.  I didn’t NEED to do that, but I did, and it was all good.

I only wish I’d started this before Friday, because Friday into Saturday was a bad stretch for me, that maybe Noom would have prevented.  Still, like what I’m seeing.  Big opportunity this week.  Maybe Noom was the missing puzzle piece that’ll pull this all together.  

Well, it was a weekend.  I didn't do any yoga this weekend, but did lots of suburban yard work and garden work.  Ate moderately poorly but didn't go completely off the rails either.  

Just got off the mat for Yoga with Tim Transform Day 16. Yet another session where Tim has a hottie doing the moves.  I have noticed tho, it allows him to give better cues and tips for getting correctly into the poses.  This was a good session, focused on back bends.  It was a tough session, and ended with the wheel pose.  I was actually able to get into and hold wheel for the first time, which was way cool.  

This is a new week, let's do this!

Hello everyone, 

Quick Summary: Mrs has been able to work partly from home thru the pandemic going back to last Spring/Summer and we usually have had 2-3 days a week where she works out of the house, of course we get to have longer lunches on those days. She still is face locked on to her phone much of the day and home computer that sits in what used to be our dining room. 

We knew she would be going back full time which started this morning and I have been very selfish with my time with her, things now start to go back to pre-pandemic, not sure how that makes me feel. I can tell you on the surface BOTH Mrs and I have been drinking a lot of late, at least more than we typically do, Mrs is not a drinker, maybe a happy hour or two a month, weekend margarita maybe two, she doesn't drink straight tequila/liquor but she's figured out how I am drinking, maintaining weight and in general not waking up hungover and I'm not very proud of myself right now...I've infected her. 

Long story short we are going to get back on track starting today. I know I should be going for more walks and rides. Mrs is doing some personal training, I think it's helping but like usual she wants to throw in the towel as fast as she starts it. 

Quick side note: Mrs got her roller blades out she hasn't worn in like 15 years and she ordered new wheels and they light up, I mean they are bright at night when she is rolling along on these, it took hours to disassemble, clean them out and then re-attach new wheels but so worth it, she has so much fun and even wears a wristband/watch thing that measures the zones you go into when you are doing cardio activity. You would be surprised what you can do on these skates. 

I need to start posting my walk and ride times again and all my exercise. I want to try and have another of those 2,000-2,500+ minute months, tends to curtail my happy hours. 

Everything in MOP land is really terrific and I am not complaining, the pandemic in many ways had a positive impact on our(wife and I) lives. But it also has wrecked a lot of families and I don't want to make light of it. 

Bottom Line: I need to focus on my health. It's more than just a walk, a ride, a meal, a tennis match, it's a mindset and a lifestyle. I need to be the leader in this house and get us moving in a more positive direction. I feel like I am going to start cooking again, lately we've been eating out A LOT, need to get back to making meals and then getting us outside at night, over to the beach, etc...

Hope everyone is well, I'll scroll up and catch up. 

I got tennis elbow because I broke a string on my main frame and of course I have to use a particular string that nobody carries around here so I had to order online, yada yada yada and so I was playing with another frame that has a very high "stiffness" rating and that means the frame doesn't bend at all and my arm absorbs the shock more vs the usual racket I play with. 

I'm an idiot, I should have at least one identical back up but I never started breaking strings until more recently. 

I have not played tennis in over a week, I usually play 3-4x a week before I even step out for a walk or bike ride. I feel like a bloated whale this morning. I wouldn't step on a scale if you paid me this morning. Agree with Otis though, Monday morning weigh ins are where the rubber meets the road.  

It's 10:30 and I haven't had any solid food, just coffee, maybe a sip of juice. I won't eat a substantial meal until later in the afternoon, it's likely to either a rice, black bean and pork bowl I piece together at the cantina near my house or it's the Dr's Orders salad which is just amazing and has beets, seeds, berries, carrots, onions, lettuce and a 5-6 oz cut of whatever fresh fish you want, Tripletile, Grouper, Snapper, it's all there. That salad will run you close to $18-$20 but it fills me up pretty good.  

After a week a of starting this I went from 175 to 170. I had an uptick a few days ago after going to 171 to 173. Yesterday when I left work I bought some yogurt and granola Honey Nut that if I eat a small amount of keeps the hunger off. Also bought some clementines and wheat crackers. The crackers are only 90 Cals per 2 crackers which is good. Still trying to figure out what I can and can't eat right now. Snack time after dinner is the worst but I've held off. This Saturday is a big day with a party. It's at 2. I figured small breakfast and then the party which I'll use for Lunch/Dinner

I just downloaded an app called Pumatrac with some exercises and stuff. You can pick things you like to start routines and there's some experts with routines from beginner to intermediate to much harder. I'm gonna start a running/HIIP training hopefully by tomorrow. Weather here today isn't great rain most of the day and if I do workout (rarely) I like doing it outside in the sun. Tomorrow is 82 and I'm off. 

Users who are viewing this thread