What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (15 Viewers)

Yesterday was better, clean eating and only a little wine.  Today has already been a roller coaster at work tho, so I'm sure the booze will flow tonight.  

Did a 40-min down dog yoga session with core focus this morning.  Was able to hold wheel a bit, but the rolling half boats killed me.  Also have a weird twinge in my right knee, may need a few days off the mat.  Will walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!

Rested Wednesday and ran 4 miles this morning at 9:20 pace -- diet has been quite solid the last couple days as well. Went to a walk-in clinic yesterday though, and when they took my vitals the BP reading was extremely high.  :mellow:  Lots of factors probably at play here, from end of year stress / lack of sleep to the Thanksgiving booze fest last week. 

Getting my booster shot in 45 minutes so we'll see if I'm up for my long run tomorrow morning -- not optimistic based on how badly the second shot kicked my ###. Might have to move that workout to Friday night or Saturday morning. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ate well but had some wine last night.  Rinse/repeat. 

Did a 30-min light yoga session this morning.  My knee is still a little cranky, not sure why.  Been in the office today and ate too much pizza and cake at lunch.  Sure tasted good but now I want a nap.  

Keep up the good work!

I’ve been doing a good job of eating a healthy, nutritious breakfast of plain Cheerios every morning.  But then it usually goes downhill from there.  Got in a nice 300 calorie burning, 30 minute body combat workout to hit my calorie goal.  I’ve hit my goal every day this week other than yesterday.  Tomorrow my wife and I will take the day off and go on a long hike (sans kids).

good job on cheechos just stay strong after that fred you got this as to me i am getting a back surgery next tuesday and after that i have some work to do myself so ill be back in here with you bromigos for a while being off of my feet for this has led to some weight gain and im going to hit it when i can sit up and walk again so bam guess whose back take that to the bank brohans

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tired.  I'm not exercising, I'm not eating well.  I'm tired.  Sigh.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/743200-otis-fad-diet-thread-—-yoga-fasting-and-kevzilla-walking-on🚶‍♂️/?do=findComment&comment=23727874

So to go back to the one more pushup a day programming, the question becomes what does one do when the volume begins to dramatically increase?

It's a fair question.

So let's say you get to Day 100 and you are now at 100 pushups for the day.

You break them into five sets of 20 using EMOM ( Every Minute On the Minute)

If you can finish a set of 20, with excellent form, in 35 seconds, then you get 25 seconds to rest until the new minute starts. The key distinction here is you should only go so fast as your form maintains itself. If you can't do 20 pushups within a single minute frame, then you reduce the size of the set. Ten sets of 10 using EMOM. Or four sets of 15 and then four sets of 10 using EMOM.

You can break up the sets and rep counts to accommodate your practical progress level.

Then you'll ask what do I do at 300 plus when I'm at Day 300 and on. You break your pushups into three intervals a day. 100 in the morning, 100 at noon, 100 at night using the same set/rep/EMOM structure. ( This set up is more in line with Pavel Tsatsouline's Greasing The Groove technique)

You can punch these out in as little as 5 minutes a day. Or 15 minutes a day total towards the end.

What is the overall purpose?

You have a set goal each day. You can progress to a small win each day. Small stacking wins add up to something exponential greater. You'll feel better about yourself and you will be in better shape by the end. You give yourself a schedule where you enforce discipline and , by default, are teaching yourself some very basic programming skills. Nothing but pure wins here.

It's going to start with one pushup. Just fall to the floor and do one pushup. Then the next day, do two pushups. And on and on and on. It's that simple until the time where it starts to get hard. But hard is scaled. You know what is coming and why and you have the chance to plan for it.

The best Xmas gift you can give your two little daughters is you finding the best version of you. If you can't do it for you, then you do it for them. Sometimes real change can only happen one extra inch each day. If that's the case here, so be it.

Son, you only get this one life. Live the rest of it without regret.

spine surgery tomorrow and im getting a little nervous to be honest but anything is better than what ive got in terms of pain right now so bring her on then I will have about 20 to lose and i effen will take that to the bank brohans
Best of luck with the surgery...  And you can take that to the bank Brohan!

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Diet over the weekend was pretty mixed. Not my worst weekend ever by a long shot, but some pizza on Sunday and brownies on Saturday kept it from actually being "good." Limited myself to 2 total drinks at least. Ran 5 miles in the 15 degree weather this morning, but the end of year stress continues to result in stress eating episodes. Hope everyone else is doing well!

SWC said:
spine surgery tomorrow and im getting a little nervous to be honest but anything is better than what ive got in terms of pain right now so bring her on then I will have about 20 to lose and i effen will take that to the bank brohans
Wishing you all the best.  You’re a good guy.

• Thanks
Ate pretty well yesterday, but did have some booze.  

Did a yin yoga session on my down dog app today.  No idea why I decided to do it but it was interesting.  Yin yoga is much slower, over 40 mins I probably only did 20 total poses (10 unique poses repeated on each side).  So each pose was held for 2ish minutes.  I kinda liked it.  It was not what I would call easy, but it was a different type of challenge.  

Will walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!

Did a yin yoga session on my down dog app today.  No idea why I decided to do it but it was interesting.  Yin yoga is much slower, over 40 mins I probably only did 20 total poses (10 unique poses repeated on each side).  So each pose was held for 2ish minutes.  I kinda liked it.  It was not what I would call easy, but it was a different type of challenge.  

Adriene had one like this that I really enjoyed.  Yoga for Uncertainty  I don't think she called it out as "yin," but I remember its being sneaky difficult, because it was seemingly slow but with poses held for so long I could really feel it.  You might check this one out if you haven't before.

Wishing you all the best.  You’re a good guy.
out of surgery and in the recovery room right now im going to have some pain at the surgical entry  point but i can already tell its better going to have some sitting restrictions but like my main man john wick said im thinking im back pretty crazy to have my i buddies be in the first wave of people i tell but I guess were family take that to the bank brohans 

out of surgery and in the recovery room right now im going to have some pain at the surgical entry  point but i can already tell its better going to have some sitting restrictions but like my main man john wick said im thinking im back pretty crazy to have my i buddies be in the first wave of people i tell but I guess were family take that to the bank brohans 
:excited: Good to hear Brohan, keep on taking it to the bank!

• Thanks
Good to hear that you made it through the surgery.  Speedy recovery 

Ate well yesterday and no alcohol. 

Did a 30-min down dog yoga session this morning.  Realized I'm getting better at side planks with top leg raised, I can basically hold them the whole time.  Those things are tough.  

In the office now, hoping to walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!

Yesterday was a mixed bad with eating.  Was in the office and made a poor choice for lunch, but still ate a healthy dinner and only hit the booze lightly.  The fact I didn't go off the rails completely after the lunch seems like a win.  

Getting old sucks.  Woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain in back of my neck, guess I fell asleep in a weird position.  Was able to get back to sleep but was still hurting this morning so I did a light yoga session this morning.  It was basically just a 40-min stretch session, but it seems to have helped my neck somewhat.  Will walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!

Ate decent yesterday and had a little booze last night.  

Did a 40-min yin yoga session today.  I really think I will keep doing yin once or twice a week. 

I have to help my daughter move apartments today, so I'm sure I'll get more exercise. 

Keep up the good work!

Well it was another weekend.  Friday I ate poorly and drank like a fish after helping the daughter move.  (Felt like I earned both.)  Good news was I didn't hurt myself moving stuff, so we'll call it a wash.  The rest of the weekend I didn't do a whole lot for exercise, but still walked the dog both days and ate decently while also drinking each evening.

Started today off with a 40-min down dog yoga session.  Felt good to get on the mat and the session went pretty well.  

Keep up the good work!

Ate relatively well yesterday and no booze.  

Did a 40-min yin yoga session today on my down dog app.  Really enjoying yin.  When I tried it months ago I hated it, but part of that was I was too inflexible to get into the poses comfortably.  Now that I am relatively flexible most of the poses are much more attainable and I can actually feel the benefit of holding and melting into the poses.  My only struggle now is I've gained a little weight in the gut over the last month plus and it kinda gets in the way in some folds.  Motivation to lose it starting in January.  

Will walk the dog later, and plan to stay off the booze again today.

Keep up the good work!

Still quiet in here...

Made mostly good food choices yesterday, and did walk the dog a short distance.  

Did another yin yoga session today.  40-min on my down dog app.  Still enjoying it.  Gut still in the way sometimes.  Probably won't eat the best today as I'm in the office now.  Oh well, it is the Holiday season.  Will leave early enough to walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!?!?

Got in a nice workout yesterday afternoon before heading to AC.  Today did a lot of walking along the boardwalk.  This has been my second time playing live poker since the start of the pandemic (used to play at least once a month) and the ##### level at the tables has increased exponentially.  Looking forward to the new year.  

Users who are viewing this thread