What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (15 Viewers)

I did a month of no drinking last year, and am open to it again in Jan or Feb, but there is something to be said about going on a big bike ride, coming back exhausted yet euphoric, and cracking open a cold beer...or two...or three.  
The first thing that happens at 9:30am on a Saturday after Tennis starting at 7am, we go to the new clubhouse just built and sit outside upstairs 6 feet apart and just start popping beers like it's Go time!

And if I don't participate in that and just come straight home, by 10am I'm popping cold lite beers from the fridge. I love drinking beer after a workout or exercise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
krista4 said:
I'm boring, too, so not posting my everyday stuff.  But I do want to say tonight that I'm a little proud of myself.  I'm moving in two weeks, and reducing my house size by about 900 sq ft and my yard size by about 95%, so not only am I doing the usual moving stress but also trying to figure out what I can keep and get rid of the stuff I won't.  And all of the packing and moving, other than the larger furniture, I'm doing on my own.  Just me, lil' ol' me.  If it fits in my Outback, I take it.

So in the midst of that amount of work and stress, it would be tempting not to do my daily yoga or my 4+ miles per day of fast walking, but I've kept it up.  And really, it feels very good to do that.  "I don't have time for this yoga" has been replaced by "I don't have time NOT to do this yoga."  Both the yoga and the walking help me (temporarily, oh so temporarily) reduce stress and get a small mental break.  And two days in a row I also cooked myself a delicious homemade meal - seared tuna with lentils and raab last night, and a vegetarian Thai curry tonight.

I'm not weighing myself, though, because I cook with wine, by which I mean I cook while drinking a #### ton of wine.
-Why?

-We have a Forrester 👍

I hope this next post causes you to laugh as much as my group at the Courts did after the incident...so I have tried to stop playing Tennis in what is called "Mixed Doubles" which is a team of a man and a woman vs the same and many folks enjoy the social part of the game, I'm married and my wife doesn't play currently so I don't enjoy these as much being paired with people I don't really know. So I mostly stick to playing the men. 

I arrive early for my Thursday Night Legends League, 30 minutes early so I can stretch and get warmed up on serve. We always are at the same 2 Courts and for whatever reason they were being worked on when I got there so I moved over to an outer court just to stretch and get warmed up, many of the players I play barely even warm up, I think it's a major disadvantage to not properly stretch prior to playing. 

I'm going thru my stretch routine and I have my Sergio Tacchini track jacket on that is a RePop of the Johnny Mac classic from '81 vs Borg and there is a story about that jacket as well(end of post) but it doesn't pertain to this immediately. It's a Euro jacket, slim cut, not something I could have ever worn until very recently and I splurged and bought it for myself. Because of the pandemic I haven't been cutting my hair as much, my curls are starting to peak out under the cap and headband etc...I just enjoy channeling McEnroe. 

So I am warming up and this "Lady" walks out on to the Court, there were plenty of other empty Courts, even an adjoining one to the court I was on that she could have stepped on to, she chose to walk towards me. I didn't really say too much and she put her stuff down near mine. This woman was TALL, easily about 6 feet. She started to unzip her jacket, it was a cool night, you don't always see jackets in Palm Beach and she proceeded to reveal a set of arms(I know what you think i was going to say) that would make any man who plays Tennis like I do extremely jealous, you sacrifice a little muscle to stay on the thinner side of Tennis and be able to run. This woman looked like she put in a minimum of 10-15 hours a week lifting and sculpting those arms and I'm pretty sure the rest of what she had was amazing but I could not stop looking at her arms, and I was transfixed(interesting word) on how much work she put in to sculpting these works of art.  

I could see my Courts were being finished up so I started to pack up and said "I must be on your court" and she said "I just wanted to stretch and warm up with you" and I took that opening and said it must take a lot of work to get that kind of physique especially those arms, I should not have said that and deserved what was coming next..."You look like a girl" were her words...and like a dog with it's tail between it's legs I grabbed my bag and started walking off the Court, "Thanks" with a smile was all I could say when she followed that up with "I didn't say you look bad." I kept walking...

My group let me have it and rightly so most of the night after I told them what happened as we were drawing cards for teams. The ladies were playing on the courts next to ours and of course the boys had to stare all night looking for tell tale signs of what I am eluding to and they seem to swear they are all ladies playing on that court but I have my doubts based on what was said to me. 

Just an embarrassing story but I've never been one to not share them with you.  

The Jacket: Later that night I went for a couple drinks with the guys and finished off with a night cap at a cigar bar near my house, I will not sit inside anywhere right now but they have outside patio etc...it's 10:00 at night now and the place is turning into Mos Eisley quickly so I start to roll out of there when I am stopped by a couple guys who have taken a liking to my jacket, I forgot I was still in full tennis gear and the guy asked me about the jacket and then eventually he wanted it. "How much?" I said it's not for sale, he says everything is for sale and that's when I knew he had a lot of cash on him, I said make me an offer and he pulled out 2 crisp $100 bills and that track jacket came off so fast it'd make your head spin, still had my sweat on it. I paid $50 for it on Ebay, I'll get another, just might take a while. 

I hope everyone is doing well in here, I know the stress in some parts of the country is unbearable and can impede health, and the Mrs and I are going thru "Work Hell" right now but I'm trying to just put a smile on folks face and just keep moving forward. 

Cheers!

Might be able to get back into the yoga and play catchup.  Leg is feeling considerably better, though not 100%.  Swelling has gone down, and more importantly I can actually move it without excruciating pain.  Not going to kill myself doing poses that involve fully bent legs, so I will likely have to make some modifications as I go.

Planning on trying to get back on the bike this evening and see how everything feels.

Yoga camp 

Day 1 - mostly on the floor, 30 minutes of easing back into it

Day 2 - almost an hour of full body with sun salutations and lunges and vinyasas

Day 3 - salute the sun with trumpets! 30 minutes of Fartapalooza. Lots of stretching and figure fours 

Day 4 - sun salutations with some warrior 1 and a really nice hip opener at the end
Day 5 - about 30 minutes of balance poses and vinyasa 

Day 6 - 20 minutes of six pack abs. Harder than usual

Day 7 - some vinyasa flow with some wide legged stretching 

Day 8 - this is all stretching recovery day. More good hip openers. Felt good but not very exercisey.

Been doing a decent amount on the Peloton, but also eating most everything in sight. Tomorrow is weigh-in-Wednesday so we shall see the damage. Trying to keep things under 235, so if we have creeped over will be time to reign it back in.

Who is going to set the over under on @Otis weigh-in when back from his extended vacation.

Does wanting to slow down, coincide with injury risk?  You could simply be getting faster. 
TBH, I already have twinges in my feet/back/grundle that make me slow down for a little while, make sure they're minor, and continue. I stubbornly insist I can walk a tiny bit faster than 3 mph or I have to turn in my man card, or something. But at 3.2 I will hurt myself and be off the sidewalks for weeks.

I did a similar thing, but it was ice cream, not alcohol. 
It was with alcohol and chips.  

Which gets back to the point that this all began at the grocery store. If i didn't have wine or chips in the house, at worst I'd be talking about my broccoli bender last night. 

Oh well. Back to the grind today.  

Which gets back to the point that this all began at the grocery store. If i didn't have wine or chips in the house, at worst I'd be talking about my broccoli bender last night. 

I agree.  I stopped stocking the fridge with beer.  If I do decide to buy some beer I buy a 6 pack instead of a case.

I can't avoid buying the ice cream though.  The kids would probably kill me in my sleep.

I should probably post this in the alcoholic thread 

since I started it 
🤜. 🤛   

1st of all if this is what I and others think it is, it's OK Fred, just relax.  I've been holding back on some of my drinking fly offs in the last week, ever since Turkey Day I've been drinking twice as my alcohol as I normally do. I bought 2 strangers a shot of Jack Daniels yesterday at 12:30 in the afternoon, that's hard to do. This group is kind to me and I didn't want to compound things with drinking but I can share that it's not easy right now. 

See we all have triggers and I have been allowing the outside pressures of (fill in the blank) impact my ability to say NO to things like Organic Doritos which I can kill a whole bag in minutes if you leave it with me and a can or two of cold beer. 

And if I am being honest, I use a lot of the exercise to simply fill up time. When I play Tennis at 7:30am on Sat...that's so i don't drink my self stupid on Friday Night...I've tried and it makes for a terrible experience on the Tennis Courts so I found something I am not willing to sacrifice just so I can drink alcohol, that's a good thing. 

We love you Fred, everybody that posts regularly in here thinks very highly of you, you're a great leader and motivator for many of us, it's OK to have a bad day or two, forgive yourself and go do something nice for a random stranger, you'll feel better. 

The only way I get around this is individual bags or the under 3 oz sizes, usually I can come to my senses after a few chips. 

Cap Cod Dark Russet, there is no other chip that stands up to these when you want to crunch down. I like Kettle and there's a brand out of Washington State I think that was always my go to when I was in California but it starts with your 1st suggestion which is just don't buy it and bring it in the house. 

Your brain is seeking a neurotransmitter. There is a non-caloric choice that folks in CA and some other states can make.
. I’m well aware of what the body/brain is up to, I wish I liked weed.

Pretty sure I’m gonna ditch the no booze for 21 days.  10/11 ain’t bad.  Covid Lockdown, 9th grade finals, the universe in general,  are getting to me. 

Checking in: Kidney stone says "Sup".

I did my first two workouts over the last three days during the last 2.5 weeks. I felt like hot trash and back at stage one but it also felt amazing to be back at it. My little friend is not gone yet but he is close. I only had some pecan pie and a pint of ice cream (dairy free-allergy :sad:) during the layoff, so not good but not terrible. Also, probably to much salt compared to normal just because I haven't been cooking and relying on premade stuff more since I felt like death for a while. 

I haven't wighed myself in weeks now, but I still look good. Probably 2 lbs more than where I was would be my guess. But I have had a ton of water as well. Usually I average 120oz a day, but that's at 180oz right now for the evil friend.

P.S. Cooking thanksgiving dinner on the worst day of pain for the kidney stone sucks.   (Ham, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mashed Yukons, two types of Stuffing, Apricot Balsamic Salad)

P.S.2 I didn't know we were hosting(in laws) thanksgiving until the wifey informed me of this the night before when the pain was starting to really go bonkers. I'm the only chef between the four of us.

Day 5 - about 30 minutes of balance poses and vinyasa 

Day 6 - 20 minutes of six pack abs. Harder than usual

Day 7 - some vinyasa flow with some wide legged stretching 

Day 8 - this is all stretching recovery day. More good hip openers. Felt good but not very exercisey.
ok so I'm noticing a couple trends here.  

I guess she got in a car accident before shooting this one which she mentions a couple times, and this has been a lot more stretching and core than power flows and sweat.  At least it seems that way to me. I wonder if she was just doing a little more of the stuff that would help her recover. Might explain why she had us do cow legs again. 

The other thing is she's swearing, and somehow I'm embarrassed, like no not in front of Adriene, she's so pure... wait, that was Adriene saying the s word and talking about farting a lot recently.  It's kind of fun and a little weird.  

Today was day 11, 45 minutes of bendy stretch twists and then by the way af minute 43 shes like don't lie down just yet lets get into a boat pose and swing your torso and arms back and forth while kicking your toes at alternate rhythm and go fast while shes like ten more seconds just kidding let me tell you a long adriene story while you get angry at me. 

Feel great though. 

Users who are viewing this thread