What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

I almost prefer to donate to a more local charity.   You guys put in the work and made some great gains, it should go to whatever charity you have interest/may be personally vetted in.  The big charities get plenty of donations (and rightfully so), but the money can make a bigger difference to some of the local ones.  Just my :2cents:
Well, Chance for Hope is really more local and definitely local to FBG's so that is why I picked it.  I'm cool with big charities though that do good work. 

Question for the contestants - are you cool with people that end up in the money "chopping the pot"?  I'm assuming since it is charity and there's no possibility of collusion that no one will care but I want to make sure everyone is cool with it for whoever wins (I'm not counting my chickens just yet).  @Otis - this is your deal so you may want to chime in here.

I'm skiing like a mofo this week. Will report next Saturday. I fully expect to lose body fat and possibly some weight. 
sooooo....after not working out for a week, due to having the plague.  and then skiing for a week and eating and drinking whateverTF i wanted.  i am nearly exactly the same weight/bf/smm.   i'll take it.  back at it this week.  no booze and eating well, working out at least 4 times a week.

monthly Workout Summary : 2017-2-1 - 2017-3-1

Total Session Length

13:21:24

Total Rest Time

03:19:10

Total Exercise Done

Total Weight Lifted

294120  lbs

Total Workout Time

05:13:44

Total Wasted Time

02:21:45

Total Records Broken

how do you keep track of all that?

AAABatteries said:
Well, Chance for Hope is really more local and definitely local to FBG's so that is why I picked it.  I'm cool with big charities though that do good work. 

Question for the contestants - are you cool with people that end up in the money "chopping the pot"?  I'm assuming since it is charity and there's no possibility of collusion that no one will care but I want to make sure everyone is cool with it for whoever wins (I'm not counting my chickens just yet).  @Otis - this is your deal so you may want to chime in here.
Fine by me.

I went from 185 to 155 this past year doing lazy keto. I didn't track anything. Just abstained from carbs until football season came around (from March until September). During football season I did keto M-F and relaxed a bit on Friday and Saturday and a lot on Sundays. I may drink 2 growlers of IPA on Sunday and eat a pizza but get right back to keto on Monday, and I've been able to maintain.

It works guys. At 48 I'm only about 5 pounds from what I weighed in college.

Weird thing occurred to me today, after logging into MFP to see a Chaka "like" on my Aria weight update:

In restricting myself to 500 calories or less per day, I'm probably losing muscle.  That's about the last thing I want to do.  I barely have any anymore.  I can't afford to lose what little I've got.

What in particular made me think this is the MFP thing says I could get to my goal weight of 210 in like a month, by just limiting to something like 1600 calories per day.  1600 calories.  Woah.  I could have a glass of wine.  A snack.  A salad.  A protein bar at lunch.  Etc. etc.  All that, and still be at my goal weight if I just stay under that limit for a month.

What the hell am I doing to myself?  Isn't this a no brainer?

Weird thing occurred to me today, after logging into MFP to see a Chaka "like" on my Aria weight update:

In restricting myself to 500 calories or less per day, I'm probably losing muscle.  That's about the last thing I want to do.  I barely have any anymore.  I can't afford to lose what little I've got.

What in particular made me think this is the MFP thing says I could get to my goal weight of 210 in like a month, by just limiting to something like 1600 calories per day.  1600 calories.  Woah.  I could have a glass of wine.  A snack.  A salad.  A protein bar at lunch.  Etc. etc.  All that, and still be at my goal weight if I just stay under that limit for a month.

As long as you don't mind your wife being able to beat you arm wrestling. 

No weekend blowouts...and ya, that works.

Well there's that pesky part of doing something to use the muscle and wine lacking any protein, but other than that it's a great plan.

I've told you this at least 3 times.

I went from 185 to 155 this past year doing lazy keto. I didn't track anything. Just abstained from carbs until football season came around (from March until September). During football season I did keto M-F and relaxed a bit on Friday and Saturday and a lot on Sundays. I may drink 2 growlers of IPA on Sunday and eat a pizza but get right back to keto on Monday, and I've been able to maintain.

It works guys. At 48 I'm only about 5 pounds from what I weighed in college.
What about almonds - please tell me you ate almonds.

I have to do one of those fathead pizzas. 
My wife started making these - pretty damn good.  She told me about where it came from so I started reading and found the Fat Head movie on YouTube.  I didn't see anyone else mention it in this thread - will search the forum later but this doc is basically taking the science of Taubes and adding humor.  The hook for the movie is him making fun of Spurlock for Super Size Me.  There's definitely a few issues I take with the documentary overall - for example them almost completely dismissing the obesity epidemic by using antecdotal evidence of them having to sit around a while to film fat people and using the fact that we've only gained 8-10 pounds on average from 10 years ago.  Having said that I loved the documentary and think it's worth the time to watch it.  Curious if @Maurile Tremblay or @culdeus have ever watched and what your thoughts are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

ETA - I think Taubes is a producer on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
JD is up lifting you lazy, gluttonous bastards.  And by you I mean me.

Feel like #### these last couple of nights/mornings.  Is it possible to develop allergies you've never had as you get older?  If so, combined with all the other "benefits" of aging I'm beginning to think that Logan's Run had it right after all. 

JD is up lifting you lazy, gluttonous bastards.  And by you I mean me.

Feel like #### these last couple of nights/mornings.  Is it possible to develop allergies you've never had as you get older?  If so, combined with all the other "benefits" of aging I'm beginning to think that Logan's Run had it right after all. 
Allergy season has hit the AAA household bad so far this season. Me and 3 of the kids are all taking Zyrtec and coughing, sneezing and wheezing.  While I love the warmer weather and time change the pollen is an absolute killer this time of year.  Hopefully we get some good rain the next month.

My wife started making these - pretty damn good.  She told me about where it came from so I started reading and found the Fat Head movie on YouTube.  I didn't see anyone else mention it in this thread - will search the forum later but this doc is basically taking the science of Taubes and adding humor.  The hook for the movie is him making fun of Spurlock for Super Size Me.  There's definitely a few issues I take with the documentary overall - for example them almost completely dismissing the obesity epidemic by using antecdotal evidence of them having to sit around a while to film fat people and using the fact that we've only gained 8-10 pounds on average from 10 years ago.  Having said that I loved the documentary and think it's worth the time to watch it.  Curious if @Maurile Tremblay or @culdeus have ever watched and what your thoughts are.

Thanks I have to watch this.  

I'm sure it's good, but this guy is overselling in the article - impossible that it's better than regular pizza which he says multiple times.
It's not and to be honest, I didn't even read the link - wife has made it twice and it was really good both times.  I asked for the recipe to share.  But it's close enough to "real" pizza to take care of any cravings you may have.

200 calories per little slice?  No thank you.  There are 120 calories in a Bobali wheat thin crust.  Throw some chicken on there, a little formaggio cheese, your favorite other toppings, and you'll have a slice comparable in calories and probably superior in taste.  Plus you don't have to make the ####### dough yourself.

200 calories per little slice?  No thank you.  There are 120 calories in a Bobali wheat thin crust.  Throw some chicken on there, a little formaggio cheese, your favorite other toppings, and you'll have a slice comparable in calories and probably superior in taste.  Plus you don't have to make the ####### dough yourself.
Watch the video #######.  :P

Here's a hint (from the Bobali nutrition information)

Total Carbohydrate  22g

I skipped the weigh in this week because I was out of town. But, about a week ago I decided to go totally low carb, high fat, high protein. I'm eating as much bacon,eggs, steak, and avocados as I want and not counting any calories at all. I'm keep my carbs as close to zero as possible.

I've lossed four pounds in six days...

I skipped the weigh in this week because I was out of town. But, about a week ago I decided to go totally low carb, high fat, high protein. I'm eating as much bacon,eggs, steak, and avocados as I want and not counting any calories at all. I'm keep my carbs as close to zero as possible.

I've lossed four pounds in six days...
No booze brother - it's the toughest part for me.  I could easily go the rest of my life and skip bread but I'm really missing beer and whiskey.

No booze brother - it's the toughest part for me.  I could easily go the rest of my life and skip bread but I'm really missing beer and whiskey.
I don't drink, so this would work for me.  Give me a quick run down of this keto plan.  I've read some in this thread and read some websites, but still not sure.  What do you typically eat?

I don't drink, so this would work for me.  Give me a quick run down of this keto plan.  I've read some in this thread and read some websites, but still not sure.  What do you typically eat?
Not to hijack the post to AAbats, but kirkland protein bars are awesome for this, especially for quick breakfasts or snacks. They're something like 1 sugar and 3 net carbs. 

Cookie dough :wub:  

My  :2cents:  on LCHF pizza crust.

I've tried 3 varieties...

1) Cauliflower - OK, but not close to "real" pizza.  With enough toppings it's tolerable. 
2) Egg/cheese - Awful.  Like a burnt omelette with pizza toppings
3) "FatHead" (Almond flour, cheese, egg) - Best of the bunch.  If done right makes a good thin/crispy crust style 'zza.  Haven't perfected any thicker styles yet.

Thanks I have to watch this.  
This video was certainly in the stack of info I sent you... you've never seen it??

I'm not really qualified but I'd recommend watching that video.  Here is what I'm doing:

What you can eat - meat, veggies, eggs, fruit (very limited though), butter/ghee, salads, nuts, beans (the last two are debatable but they are on MY plan), water/water/water

What you should avoid - bread, rice (also debatable - MT could expound), potatoes (see: rice), pasta, flour, sugar, all processed foods, calories from any drinks

Basically do a search for LCHF and you'll find what you need.  IMO - doing really low carb is just for weight loss.  I don't think it makes for a good maintenance plan (at least for me) because eventually your body rebels.  What the Fat Head video shows, among other things, is that you can eat out at fast food places (if you must) just make sensible choices - skip the soda, skip the fries or only have a few.  Eat real food, our bodies are meant to eat meat - saturated fat is not bad.  Trans fat is.  Cholesterol is good - the body needs its.

Again, I'm a complete layman but that's a quick run down - hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

I'm not really qualified but I'd recommend watching that video.  Here is what I'm doing:

What you can eat - meat, veggies, eggs, fruit (very limited though), butter/ghee, salads, nuts, beans (the last two are debatable but they are on MY plan), water/water/water

What you should avoid - bread, rice (also debatable - MT could expound), potatoes (see: rice), pasta, flour, sugar, all processed foods, calories from any drinks

Basically do a search for LCHF and you'll find what you need.  IMO - doing really low carb is just for weight loss.  I don't think it makes for a good maintenance plan (at least for me) because eventually your body rebels.  What the Fat Head video shows, among other things, is that you can eat out at fast food places (if you must) just make sensible choices - skip the soda, skip the fries or only have a few.  Eat real food, our bodies are meant to eat meat - saturated fat is not bad.  Trans fat is.  Cholesterol is good - the body needs its.

Again, I'm a complete layman but that's a quick run down - hopefully I didn't screw anything up.
I've got a boatload of info/references if you'd like... pm me your email addy and I'll send.

Not to hijack the post to AAbats, but kirkland protein bars are awesome for this, especially for quick breakfasts or snacks. They're something like 1 sugar and 3 net carbs. 

Cookie dough :wub:  
Just will add my thought - I avoid all of these type of things too.  I'm not saying Kirkland bars are bad but I'm avoiding as much processed food as I can.  No cliff bars, protein bars, basically any "bar" that is for convenience.

Also - skipping things like yogurt.  There's SO much hidden sugar in things and people know to avoid candy bars but will eat 3 containers of yogurt full of sugar.  Also - the idea behind eliminating those carbs is it turns to sugar.  They show that in the video - a couple of pieces of wheat bread has the glycemic value of a bowl of sugary cereal.

Users who are viewing this thread