What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

Daulton pretty much nailed it above.  I'd love to be 6'4", 200.  Best shape of my life was ~190, but I was 22 then, and I just don't think that would work well for me now.  But we'll see when I hit my goal, maybe I'll want to go lower.

Currently I'm targeting sub 210.  Haven't been there in probably 15 years+, and I think between 200 and 210 would be ideal for me.  I wouldn't be in six-pack land, but it should ultimately be enough to feel good about heading to the beach.  So really, if I can lose ~15 more lbs, I'd be ecstatic.  From there, who knows, I might well want to push down to 195 and see what happens.  

At this pace, seems to me I could theoretically get to the ~205 range -- only 17lbs away -- in 3 weeks or less.  Still June, just the start of summer.  If I were to continue on that pace, by August I could be in the best shape of my life (or at least lowest body fat).

We'll see.  
So you are only 17 pounds away from being 10 pounds away from the best shape of your life?

I'm pretty sure I could eat oven roasted wedge-chips soaked in malt vinegar and salt every meal for the rest of my life...

saltandvinegarjunkie:

Anyone see the obvious problem here?  This isn't a lifestyle change so you'll just put the weight right back on.

Oh and calling :bs:  to the guy that says he lost "8 lbs a week" doing this.
I see the obvious problem here. A guy whose magnum opus on FBGs starts with "so I loan this chick I don't know 3 racks" called BS on me for saying I averaged a loss of 8 lbs a week on a diet. That is literally like rain on my wedding day.

I just got done working a 12-hour shift and came home and took a hot shower and am sitting in my Champion basketball shorts (blue net, available at Sam's Club) my Polo Jeans indigo Tshirt, size 2XL from when I wanted to hide my gut (also, I believe, available at Sam's Club), black Hanes boxer briefs size 36 (woohoo! Available in a multi pack at Sam's Club) and Hanes white ankle length grey toe/heel socks (also available in a multipack from Sam's club).

I didn't get peed on in the shower- well, I take that back, I did a little bit (note to self: appt with urologist next week); I didn't hear the splat of a gargantuan load evacuated on my shower floor; I didn't choke some random hook-up while she pleasured me orally. I came downstairs and opened my favorite thread on FBGs, microwaved some mashed potatoes with sautéed mushrooms and onions, and tried to pretend I was interested when my 15-year-old wanted to play me the opening to some Megadeath song that I don't know, and pestered me about getting a Flying V guitar. I had to explain to him that I wasn't laughing at him playing the guitar, and that he sounded great and I was proud of him for the progress he was making practicing, and for the 819th time you'll get a Flying V when you earn it, by putting in hours and hours of work, and showing me that guitar isn't going to be a couple rack coat stand for your sweatshirt in a month. 

I had to tell him I was laughing because i just read your post, and he believed me but still was a little hurt and dejected. I don't care if you don't believe me, or impugn my integrity on a message board. However, when you start messing with my kids, that's serious business.

I see the obvious problem here. A guy whose magnum opus on FBGs starts with "so I loan this chick I don't know 3 racks" called BS on me for saying I averaged a loss of 8 lbs a week on a diet. That is literally like rain on my wedding day.

I just got done working a 12-hour shift and came home and took a hot shower and am sitting in my Champion basketball shorts (blue net, available at Sam's Club) my Polo Jeans indigo Tshirt, size 2XL from when I wanted to hide my gut (also, I believe, available at Sam's Club), black Hanes boxer briefs size 36 (woohoo! Available in a multi pack at Sam's Club) and Hanes white ankle length grey toe/heel socks (also available in a multipack from Sam's club).

I didn't get peed on in the shower- well, I take that back, I did a little bit (note to self: appt with urologist next week); I didn't hear the splat of a gargantuan load evacuated on my shower floor; I didn't choke some random hook-up while she pleasured me orally. I came downstairs and opened my favorite thread on FBGs, microwaved some mashed potatoes with sautéed mushrooms and onions, and tried to pretend I was interested when my 15-year-old wanted to play me the opening to some Megadeath song that I don't know, and pestered me about getting a Flying V guitar. I had to explain to him that I wasn't laughing at him playing the guitar, and that he sounded great and I was proud of him for the progress he was making practicing, and for the 819th time you'll get a Flying V when you earn it, by putting in hours and hours of work, and showing me that guitar isn't going to be a couple rack coat stand for your sweatshirt in a month. 

I had to tell him I was laughing because i just read your post, and he believed me but still was a little hurt and dejected. I don't care if you don't believe me, or impugn my integrity on a message board. However, when you start messing with my kids, that's serious business.
OH MY GAW, STOP THE DAMN MATCH

OH MY GAW, STOP THE DAMN MATCH
:lol:

Zero movement on weight front today but that has more to do with a delay in the "morning reading" than anything. Great seeing Otis still crushing it in here. :thumbup:   Today doing tater wedges with malt vinegar and salt for breakfast and meeting the GF for sushi at lunch.

Dinner will likely be more Taters before heading out for Memphis Zoo Brew beer festival (excuse the ####ty 8 year old video). Sampling hundreds of amazing craft beers tonight will likely set me back a bit, but after a great week I'm okay with that. Going to try to keep alcohol as my primary "vice" for the weekend, with food still being kept in check. 

I'm pretty sure I could eat oven roasted wedge-chips soaked in malt vinegar and salt every meal for the rest of my life...

saltandvinegarjunkie:
Which recipe was this?  I did the vegan fries last night with Yukon potatoes and was pleasantly surprised. 

Boiled and baked potatoes have been salt/pepper and lemon juice so far.  You can get tired of anything, but I can live with just that for a while, I think.

Which recipe was this?  I did the vegan fries last night with Yukon potatoes and was pleasantly surprised. 

Boiled and baked potatoes have been salt/pepper and lemon juice so far.  You can get tired of anything, but I can live with just that for a while, I think.
Not really a recipe.. I just slice them into wedges, hit with a very light blast of EVOO spray to help with seasoning adhesion, dust liberally with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and oregano... broil on top shelf for 7-8 mins, flip/stir them, broil another 7-8 mins. They're more of roasted wedges than fries, but I'm sure you could slice them into fry shapes too I guess. Not sure how well they'd hold up. 

I'm a HUGE Salt & Vinegar guy... love malt vinegar on my french fries. Fave chips are Cape Cod sea salt and vinegar. So, a liberal soaking of Malt Vinegar and a little extra fresh salt on top makes the wedges extremely tasty for my palate. 

Not really a recipe.. I just slice them into wedges, hit with a very light blast of EVOO spray to help with seasoning adhesion, dust liberally with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and oregano... broil on top shelf for 7-8 mins, flip/stir them, broil another 7-8 mins. They're more of roasted wedges than fries, but I'm sure you could slice them into fry shapes too I guess. Not sure how well they'd hold up. 

I'm a HUGE Salt & Vinegar guy... love malt vinegar on my french fries. Fave chips are Cape Cod sea salt and vinegar. So, a liberal soaking of Malt Vinegar and a little extra fresh salt on top makes the wedges extremely tasty for my palate. 
Agree. I used Crystal hot sauce and malt vinegar on fries last night.

are you allowed sauces with these like if i made some of the ole swcers ancient secret recepie potatoe wedges can i dip them in buffalo sauce that is what i am asking in a nutshell take that to the bank bromigos 

are you allowed sauces with these like if i made some of the ole swcers ancient secret recepie potatoe wedges can i dip them in buffalo sauce that is what i am asking in a nutshell take that to the bank bromigos 
Yup. But only if you post the recipe. Might slow results away from optimal if you use added fat (like my favorite wing sauce recipes use butter) but it will still give you results. Take that to the food bank, broseph stalin.

I thought the point was to make them not that palatable (plain) so that you eat less.

I thought the point was to make them not that palatable (plain) so that you eat less.
Eating less is part of the point.. but even if you're gorging yourself youre likely eating under 1k calories of potatoes per day. You'll notice lots of recipes in here. Making them tasty is not a sin, here. 

Had 3 carne asada tacos with pico for lunch. It was delicious. So full somehow (potato breakfast lingering?). Prob gonna skip dinner and just drink beer. Maybe a late night tater snack if needed when I get home. Lets be honest though, is a late night drunk snack ever really NEEDED? :lol:

ProstheticRGK said:
Yup. But only if you post the recipe. Might slow results away from optimal if you use added fat (like my favorite wing sauce recipes use butter) but it will still give you results. Take that to the food bank, broseph stalin.
you are doing the lords work in here bromigo and broseph stalin made me laugh and i will steal it take that to the bank but aint no one getting the old swcers ancient secret for potatoe wedges so unfortunately that is one you can not take to the bank take that to the bank

you are doing the lords work in here bromigo and broseph stalin made me laugh and i will steal it take that to the bank but aint no one getting the old swcers ancient secret for potatoe wedges so unfortunately that is one you can not take to the bank take that to the bank
I almost wanted to dislike your post, but there isn't an option for that. Even if there was, I don't think I'd use it. I mean, I  just wouldn't feel right about slapping around dislikes over every little thing. Especially somebody as relentlessly optimistic as the old SWCer. You're still aces in my book. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Lord do I feel terrible.  Few beers, a scotch, burgers, dogs, ice cream, cookies.  Really wishing I'd eaten only potatoes today instead.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If you aren't puking, you clearly haven't eaten or drank enough.

Fulk disclosure, I went animal style today too, it was really just one massive meal with drinking from 230-530. I've got two BBQs on the calendar tomorrow/Sunday, this weekend should be a :tfp:

It's a holiday weekend though :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels good being the only person in the gym at 6am, especially after a day of drinking and eating.

looks like this - http://i.imgur.com/MsOCaMa.jpg

Even crazier is this story I opened up in the paper just now. Some knife wielding lunatic took hostages at the Y a few blocks from the one I was in at 630 this morning. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/crazed-man-knife-stabs-takes-hostages-brooklyn-ywca-article-1.2653023 

bringing tuna steaks to a BBQ today as a burger/dog alternative. Might grab some Chilean Sea Bass to pan sear as well. Healthy delicious alternatives. 

No, they're just eating potatoes and wishing the weight away.  Should work.
There are 350-400 calories in a pound of potatoes.  That means you need would need to eat 5-6 pounds of potatoes to reach 2,000 calories.  Most people will get too full before they eat 2,000 calories of potatoes.

No, they're just eating potatoes and wishing the weight away.  Should work.
I see you're skeptical. You have every right to be. I am dead sure that this diet works, because I've been doing it. I know I will lose another 40 lbs. within 6 months, continuing to do this. I was considering going Full SpudTM again, because I am hitting my first plateau. You and I are at contretemps: you want to prove that this all as nonsensical as it sounds; I want to prove that people in horrible physical shape can reclaim their health using this as their primary tool. You seem like a man of action, to me. Rather than talk, I bet you like to put your money on the table and win your point decisively.

So, I propose a wager, between you and I. We decide on a good proxy (VOTE Otis) to hold our cash, and each of us send payment directly to them. Starting Monday, I do a weigh-in and we have validation: either through my scale, or a video that I make, showing no shenanigans on my part. Terms of the bet are I have until midnight on November 21, 2016 to prove via the agreed upon method of validation, that I have lost at least 40 lbs. to win. If I cannot validate 40.0 lbs of weight loss by 11/21/16, you win.

39.9 lbs.? You win.

cant validate the results until 00:00:01 hrs 11/22? You win.

i crush it and show the results in October? I win. Right then and there.

Honestly, I like your odds better than mine. I will be going into normal body weight territory, soon, and am likely to hit all sorts of snags and plateaus getting to 40 lbs. but, I am dead certain enough that it can be done to throw down a FBG wager. My vote is for a full rack ($1000.00) That'll make it interesting enough for you to keep your interest, and not hurt me financially.

so, are you gonna hate from the sidelines, or are you gonna get in the game?

I see you're skeptical. You have every right to be. I am dead sure that this diet works, because I've been doing it. I know I will lose another 40 lbs. within 6 months, continuing to do this. I was considering going Full SpudTM again, because I am hitting my first plateau. You and I are at contretemps: you want to prove that this all as nonsensical as it sounds; I want to prove that people in horrible physical shape can reclaim their health using this as their primary tool. You seem like a man of action, to me. Rather than talk, I bet you like to put your money on the table and win your point decisively.

So, I propose a wager, between you and I. We decide on a good proxy (VOTE Otis) to hold our cash, and each of us send payment directly to them. Starting Monday, I do a weigh-in and we have validation: either through my scale, or a video that I make, showing no shenanigans on my part. Terms of the bet are I have until midnight on November 21, 2016 to prove via the agreed upon method of validation, that I have lost at least 40 lbs. to win. If I cannot validate 40.0 lbs of weight loss by 11/21/16, you win.

39.9 lbs.? You win.

cant validate the results until 00:00:01 hrs 11/22? You win.

i crush it and show the results in October? I win. Right then and there.

Honestly, I like your odds better than mine. I will be going into normal body weight territory, soon, and am likely to hit all sorts of snags and plateaus getting to 40 lbs. but, I am dead certain enough that it can be done to throw down a FBG wager. My vote is for a full rack ($1000.00) That'll make it interesting enough for you to keep your interest, and not hurt me financially.

so, are you gonna hate from the sidelines, or are you gonna get in the game?
:popcorn:  @Arizona Ron

Users who are viewing this thread