What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (9 Viewers)

The Gator said:
I'd be in for the next round. The motivation to tighten things up will be good :thumbup:  

@AAABatteries I need my nemesis back in this thing for real motivation
I’m in but really busy at work so cannot run things.  I’m not doing big money as even though I went off the rails over the winter I didn’t completely derail.  I’m somewhere in the 205-207 range and been doing ok for most of this year.  Definitely need/want to drop 20 before swimsuit season.

Done. I’m weighing in today to start this baby off. 

Im about to travel to Asia for to weeks, and I’m fairly certain that sets me up for failure here, but I’m not using it as an excuse. I’ll find a way. 

Totes Oats
? I’ll weigh in this morning, too, when I get home. Let’s get it on!!!!!

We might have to get @AAABatteries renamed to CBatteries if he's letting himself go.  ;)  
I’ve determined my biggest problem is ####### winter.  I hate it - dark outside when I leave and get home, too damn cold to want to be outside and so many holidays centered around food or candy.  I pack on winter weight every year - it’s like a depression thing that I try to solve with food and drink.

I was in the 240’s at one time so I’ve been much bigger than I am now.  Should be back under 200 in a few weeks.

OTIS ORIGINAL WEIGH IN - DAY 1

239.5lbs :porked:  

23.2% body fat

Lesving in a couple days for a two week work trip, so there won’t be a lot of rigor in my regimen.  Will just have to try and be a normal person in normal settings and not overeat or overdrink..

GOAL WEIGHT TO WIN: 219.5

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, usually the only good thing about flights to Asia is unlimited alcohol and food to try and pass the time. No idea how I’m going to just have a drink or two and just eat healthy crap, but damnit if I won’t try, as I hear big fat PRGK’s footsteps and heavy breathing behind me. 

By the way, usually the only good thing about flights to Asia is unlimited alcohol and food to try and pass the time. No idea how I’m going to just have a drink or two and just eat healthy crap, but damnit if I won’t try, as I hear big fat PRGK’s footsteps and heavy breathing behind me. 
:lmao:

If I can keep my current muscle mass and get down below 239 to win this baby, I’ll be like sub 15% body fat. And damnit will I be handsome. 

Why not weigh in after the flight? 

I’ll be a good pacesetter for you. I’m in this morning at 231.4 - you’re about 2 inches taller than me iirc and 8lbs heavier. If you can stay around pound for pound with me, you’ll take that potato eating fatty out!

Although im hungover and dying for a Bacon Egg Cheese (google “daily provisions” Danny Meyer restaurant, 2 blocks from my office :kicksrock: ), im holding off for yogurt and banana when I get into work :sadbanana:

Done. I’m weighing in today to start this baby off. 

Im about to travel to Asia for to weeks, and I’m fairly certain that sets me up for failure here, but I’m not using it as an excuse. I’ll find a way. 

Totes Oats
This is about as Otis as it gets.  Jumping in head first without looking, and setting up the excuses/foreshadowing failure wrapped up all in one post.

I’m in but really busy at work so cannot run things.  I’m not doing big money as even though I went off the rails over the winter I didn’t completely derail.  I’m somewhere in the 205-207 range and been doing ok for most of this year.  Definitely need/want to drop 20 before swimsuit season.
:hifive:

OFFICIAL weigh in monday? 

I'd be in again. Kids practice schedules changing up has effed up the steady gym routine I had going most of last year when I could get in right after work as my earliest practice was at 6, now I have a 4:30 practice 3 days of the week - no excuses. A few weeks back I mentioned getting out of maintenance and focusing on dropping a few more. Not sure what dates/time frame any contest would be, but target set at about a 25 pound loss in 4 months

Weighed in this morning (3/1) - 249.2

Target (7/1) - 225.0

Why not weigh in after the flight? 

I’ll be a good pacesetter for you. I’m in this morning at 231.4 - you’re about 2 inches taller than me iirc and 8lbs heavier. If you can stay around pound for pound with me, you’ll take that potato eating fatty out!

Although im hungover and dying for a Bacon Egg Cheese (google “daily provisions” Danny Meyer restaurant, 2 blocks from my office :kicksrock: ), im holding off for yogurt and banana when I get into work :sadbanana:
Dude, why don’t you just offer to meet up and rub his hawg for him?

While the annual Otis diet shtick is some of my favorite on this board, and I really do enjoy it, I don't enjoy that much. Furthermore, I'm not understanding how that would help his weight loss. 
Every 2 oz. counts

oh, and official weigh in this morning...

276.6 lbs.

target weight = 236.6.

target date: 4/30/18

odds I hit Otis’ target before him: 4:1

Kampai, Otis!

OTIS ORIGINAL WEIGH IN - DAY 1

239.5lbs :porked:  

23.2% body fat

Lesving in a couple days for a two week work trip, so there won’t be a lot of rigor in my regimen.  Will just have to try and be a normal person in normal settings and not overeat or overdrink..

GOAL WEIGHT TO WIN: 219.5
@Otis - In for $50 or $100 if you're interested..  I'll weigh tonight but am in the 250-260 range.  First to drop 20 lbs and keep it off for 3 days?

Woke up an hour and a half ago-  :coffee:  3rd cup of black coffee. Daily constitutional already put me down 2 Otis weeks of skipping Coors lights and pretzels on the subway, Luna bars at his desk and no wine and chocolate covered almond goo-goo clusters on the couch.

In. The. Bag.

I think Sunday, I am gonna have a couple of potatoes. Warface.

Drank beer, ate some chocolate, drank some wine. Enjoying my last 36 hours at home for a while. And feeling that confident. 

Note: my weigh ins the next two weeks may be sporadic. Don’t know what the hotels will have. We will see. 

Drank beer, ate some chocolate, drank some wine. Enjoying my last 36 hours at home for a while. And feeling that confident. 
I’d feel confident, too. Honestly, you have so much time to win this thing, you should live a little. Ice cream sounds good about now. Any Oreos in the house?

plus, I read somewhere that because of them being in the Southern Hemisphere, calories in Japan go backwards, like the toilets flushing. So, extra mayo on everything is actually a net weight loss. I also heard that it’s culturally very, very rude to not drink a lot. Not getting black out drunk is like stomping on the Emperor’s sungod puppy, or something.

Hey @Otis have you considered the possibility that, maybe the universe is telling you that your role is to be the tubby & jolly guy?

Think about it, everyone loves that guy.

BassNBrew said:
@Otis - In for $50 or $100 if you're interested..  I'll weigh tonight but am in the 250-260 range.  First to drop 20 lbs and keep it off for 3 days?
@Otis  258.6  

I'll revise the offer to my 25 lbs v. 20 lbs for you.

So do we all challenge Oats individually or is there a group challenge as in years past.  Aiming for 5lbs before st Paddy’s. 

I could use the motivation of a contest. Would be willing to wager serious money too if any of you moneybags dudes wants to try me heads up. 

Dollar amount?  Name your price. Gotta figure Otis is easy money here. 

You name your top price.  And I'll do one against PRGK too.  Diversifying.

Hell, Otis against all comers.  Line up.

Otis said:
Bring it betches. 

I’m not so sure I want to bet with you. Aren’t you the guy who fasts for like a month and goes to the gym eleven times a day?

So do we all challenge Oats individually or is there a group challenge as in years past.  Aiming for 5lbs before st Paddy’s. 
Nope.  Otis challenges all comers and then decides the better course of action is to binge eat.  

1 piece of 2??

Chicken and Waffles, French Fries, Cup o Gumbo and topping it off with a peanut butter and brownie Sonic Master Shake.

“Bring that xxxx to me, Man”

Pedro Cerrano - Major League

I had some lovely black coffee today. Followed by water. Lots of water. Unfortunately, i have goose sphincter, and have had to rush to the commode four times already because of imminent black, oily leakage out of my cinnamon ring. Hippies would be all: “your body is just clearing toxins” but that’s not it. My colon is a ####.

but, i just weighed in and hit 268. Already 1/5th the way there. In. The. Bag.

Konichiwa, Bloatis.

Final weigh in before heading to JFK and off to Asia for a while:

23.5%

I’m losing weight without even trying. I ate lots of chocolate last night with my wine. See guys, if you set your mind to it you can accomplish anything. 

Final weigh in before heading to JFK and off to Asia for a while:

23.5%

I’m losing weight without even trying. I ate lots of chocolate last night with my wine. See guys, if you set your mind to it you can accomplish anyway. 
I'm joining Team Otis this contest.   I have a hunch that Otis is going to be laser focused.   

Usually I get plastered on this flight.  I may go with a light beer or two, that’s it. 

Also not gonna snack. Lots of miso soup and slimy Japanese stuff. 

I hate the food in JP, which means this trip will give me a boost right out of the gate. 

SUCK IT PRGK

I'm joining Team Otis this contest.   I have a hunch that Otis is going to be laser focused.   
:lmao:

This time is different!

Can someone remind me what the Bale diet was again? IIRC, that was my favorite... Was it like 2 apples and 2 cashews a day?

Son woke me up at 6am, I slammed back a protein shake and hit the gym, 3rd trip in the last 3 days. By 10am today, I had taken back 50 grams of whey, a bowl of oatmeal, a triceps workout, 7.5 miles on the stationery bike, an ab workout, and a round trip run of 1.5 miles to/from karate with my son (pretty amazing that a 5 year old can jog for 3/4 of mile, basically in a sprint - I was struggling to keep up :bag:  ). 

Had a turkey burger, baked sweet potato fries earlier... sitting at a birthday party for my wife’s aunt right now. I wasn’t going to eat/drink a thing, but they have Leffe here, which I really enjoy, so I’m milking one. I also had 4 puffed cheese doodles. Luckily, I don’t enjoy the food they always cater, so a hard pass on that. Prob order some sashimi when we get home, which is what I had last night too.

If I can stay at the pace of this week, with working out/dieting, and one cheat day, should be in excellent shape in 6-8 weeks.

I’d almost offer Otis a 2 for 1 bet too. 

Also, I have no intention of stepping on a scale, I just don’t care - my belts, clothes, appearance will tell the tale for me.

Just got home from this party, couldn’t be happier... weekends are historically my downfall, but if I could do what I did tonight, I’m going to be :moneybag:

There was some Chicken Parm, I removed the breading & cheese and just ate a cutlet, along with a salad. We brought donuts from here http://doughnutplant.com/ - not only did I refrain from eating 3 of them, didn’t even have a bite of 1. There was ice cream cake, strawberry shortcake, cookies, & mini cherry & blueberry cheesecakes - didn’t touch any of it...

Users who are viewing this thread