Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Otis fad diet thread — Also rowing, yoga and pillows (and let’s not be fat)

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Otis

• AAABatteries

• bostonfred

• DA RAIDERS

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woke up today at 324.6 lbs.  Down 29.4 lbs since the end of November.  At this point all I've done is change my eating habits. Smaller portions, better choices, as little refined sugar as possible, tr

Finally reached my first goal of 208 lbs I'd set based on the trainer's body fat measurements.  Far from obese but I'm not exactly svelte either.  Will lose another pound or two so I'm firmly below 20

I see the obvious problem here. A guy whose magnum opus on FBGs starts with "so I loan this chick I don't know 3 racks" called BS on me for saying I averaged a loss of 8 lbs a week on a diet. That is 

Posted Images

Just weighed in at my heaviest weight during my 43 years on this planet. 

Starting weight: 246.3 lbs

26% body fat

Day 1.  Just had some shoestring potatoes for breakfast.  Something like 100 calories.  I won’t eat again till potatoes at dinner.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

Day 38/100

Got to sleep about 10am today, and slept all the way through until 7. Got out for a 4mile run. Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Bank: $380

Why in the world would you run at 7am? Was someone chasing you?

• Laughing 1
On 7/7/2019 at 6:26 PM, AAABatteries said:

I spent the week at Daytona Beach - I ate all the food and drank a lot of beer but I also exercised and played like a mad man.  Got in several runs and miles of ocean swimming - not an exaggeration, I swam from our spot down the beach to a pier.  So, I treaded water (pun intended) with my weight.  My plan was to hopefully do that and then do an extended fast once I was back - which started today.  Day 1 now in the books.  I have 10 weeks before the kids are on fall break and we head back to the beach - I’m going to try and go no alcohol and low carb for those 10 weeks.  

I need to do the same.  Had a bad 4 days with alcohol over the long weekend.  Getting the smoker out and inviting friends over will do that.  Went big Saturday night.  Felt like #### Sunday.  Went back to the gym today.  I need salad, low carb and no alcohol for a few months.

• Like 1

Joined a new firm today.  Living out of a hotel for a few weeks. Diet isn’t pretty. 

ETA: but I’m not 247. 

Edited by Zow
7 hours ago, Zow said:

Joined a new firm today.  Living out of a hotel for a few weeks. Diet isn’t pretty. 

Wow congrats GB. Update the lawyer thread with details?

also, stop being fat IMO 

8 hours ago, Zow said:

Grab some exercise bands from Marshalls/TJ Maxx and do in hotel room workouts. 

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Day 2

27.8%

Down about 6 lbs in the first day. So, I figure I should hit my goal in, what, a week?

SPUD ON

I was gonna say you probably lost about 5 lbs in your first day but I even thought that was a bit high.  Its amazing how much water your body holds onto just b/c of your typical high sodium diet.   

Am feeling so miserable.  Can’t tell if it’s just sugar and alcohol withdrawal, I feel like I have the flu, but also a sore throat (my 5 year old has similar symptoms). Got progressively worse throughout the day, just feel awful right now. MrsO convincing me to have one meal of ground chicken, scrambled egg, and avocado tonight and then transitioning back to spuds in the morning.  Not sure which way I’ll go. I do know I’m going to bed early and sleeping in tomorrow.  Oof. 

2 hours ago, Otis said:

I’ve been to full bale and never felt like this before. This is awful. 

Remind me what full bale was?  It's been awhile and at least another 10keys. 

4 hours ago, Otis said:

I guess I’d rather be fat living guy than skinny dead guy ammiright?

Embrace being a fat guy that will more likely have a worse late life or make lifestyle changes that aren't temporary and ineffective. Good health isn't hard if you prioritize it. Good health is very hard if you don't. If you make bad decisions then deal with the consequences. 

Day 40/100

Worked all last night taking care of a kid with cdiff, so that was loads of fun (pun intended). After work, I had to "volunteer" for an event at my kids school, so I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30 this afternoon. Woke up at 7:30p and got to the gym. Had a surprisingly good upper body workout, considering the lack of sleep. I think I'm going to run sprints tomorrow.

Bank: $400

10 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

You are sick.  Get rest.  Eat right and get healthy

Went to bed at like 6:30pm last night.  Tossed and turned with chills and hot flashes for a few hours, then went and took some Nyquil.  Had a 100.0 temp.  Even the Nyquil and I was achy and tossing and turning, which shows how nasty this virus was.  Finally fell asleep.  Decided to work from home today, feeling worlds better and not feverish, but still a sore throat and a bit off.  Should be good tomorrow.

I may have to try and eat "regular" food today just to help get over this, but then back on the potato regimen tomorrow.  Sucks because I was feeling great, but just a small bump in the road to sick abs.

21 minutes ago, Otis said:

Went to bed at like 6:30pm last night.  Tossed and turned with chills and hot flashes for a few hours, then went and took some Nyquil.  Had a 100.0 temp.  Even the Nyquil and I was achy and tossing and turning, which shows how nasty this virus was.  Finally fell asleep.  Decided to work from home today, feeling worlds better and not feverish, but still a sore throat and a bit off.  Should be good tomorrow.

I may have to try and eat "regular" food today just to help get over this, but then back on the potato regimen tomorrow.  Sucks because I was feeling great, but just a small bump in the road to sick abs.

Being sick sucks but always reminds me (for a few days) that those of us that are normally healthy are blessed.   this is just a tiny bump on your road to being ripped.  

• Like 1

Day 41/100

My hamstrings are a little cooked from the volunteer work I did yesterday, so I made the asinine decision to see how fast I could run a mile today. Answer: not very fast. Ended up doing about 5 miles total, 4 of it running. I think I'm just going to try a yoga day tomorrow. My wife spent $100 on the Beach Body program for Roku, and somebody should probably use it.

Bank: $410

22 hours ago, Otis said:

Am feeling so miserable.  Can’t tell if it’s just sugar and alcohol withdrawal, I feel like I have the flu, but also a sore throat (my 5 year old has similar symptoms). Got progressively worse throughout the day, just feel awful right now. MrsO convincing me to have one meal of ground chicken, scrambled egg, and avocado tonight and then transitioning back to spuds in the morning.  Not sure which way I’ll go. I do know I’m going to bed early and sleeping in tomorrow.  Oof. 

Sort of seems like some (potato) vodka should be part of this diet, no?

• Like 1

Who has two thumbs and lost over 10lbs in the past 3 days?

THIS GUY

29.3%

(The Aria measurements on body fat are all over the map here, just can’t be right...)

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Be awesome to follow along if this is THE time that the body transformation happens. 

Have you not been following along?   The transformation has already begun.   10lbs down.  How many more to go Oats?  25?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Otis said:

Who has two thumbs and lost over 10lbs in the past 3 days?

THIS GUY

29.3%

(The Aria measurements on body fat are all over the map here, just can’t be right...)

On 5/15/2016 at 1:42 PM, Otis said:

Day 1:  231.6

Normal eating today (some snacks and junk food, but went shopping for potatoes midday and transitioning tonight.  Mrs. O is cooking up some baked potatoes with some seasoning for dinner.  That will be the beginning of the hack.

I've in recent weeks done two things that should make this a little easier.  First, and maybe most importantly this coming Thursday will make two weeks without alcohol.  Been a long time since I've done that.  Second, I have been eating only a protein bar for lunch in recent weeks, no breakfast.  So I've been going long stretches without much food.  I figure I'll have some spuds with some morning coffee (black) before I leave the house, and then I'll have whatever potato treat she's made for dinner.   I've been drinking flavored seltzers recently in place of booze, and may continue that as well, though we do have in-door sparkling water in our fridge now, so I could theoretically drink that whenever and regardless of what we have in the house at the time.

Link of interest

Randomly check in this thread every few months. Completely shocking to typically see the same weight every time I check in.

Just saying.

Posts above from page 1 and last page.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Day 42/100

Did 40 minutes on a beginners yoga video. I've never done yoga before- harder than I anticipated, but low impact, so that was a nice break. I'll probably go ahead and do the next video tomorrow since I'll be coming home from work/sleeping to work again tomorrow night.

Bank: $420

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Randomly check in this thread every few months. Completely shocking to typically see the same weight every time I check in.

Just saying.

It's fun to see him lose those 10 lbs of water, plateau, give up, gain them back, then "get serious this time", lose those same 10 lbs again, plateau, give up, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Dude is the yo-yo.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Just saying.

Otis is consistent - like a rock.

A fat rock.

• Laughing 2
17 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

Day 42/100

Did 40 minutes on a beginners yoga video. I've never done yoga before- harder than I anticipated, but low impact, so that was a nice break. I'll probably go ahead and do the next video tomorrow since I'll be coming home from work/sleeping to work again tomorrow night.

Bank: $420

Curios what video you did.  I bought a yoga mat and so far I've used it for stretching and ab work but I need to start this. 

On July 9, 2019 at 3:19 PM, Big League Chew said:

Same. Let’s get it 

I started adding100 pushups a day to my normal workouts.  Already seeing some big improvements 

Thinking about doing this.   What kind of improvements?   Strength?  Size on arms or shoulders?

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

Curios what video you did.  I bought a yoga mat and so far I've used it for stretching and ab work but I need to start this. 

It’s part of my wife’s Beach Body subscription on Roku. It’s called Pyo or Pylo or some such.

• Like 1
  • Otis changed the title to Otis fad diet thread — Also rowing, yoga and pillows (and let’s not be fat)