What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (17 Viewers)

Rao's sauce is fantastic. The restaurant is from NY, right? Ever eat there?
I have.  Chase took me once.  Old mafia restaurant.  You can't even go in off the street and get a reservation--people supposedly "own" the tables, and you have to know someone to get a spot.  Chase through his family had a connection, and they weren't using it that night, so we went and ate some pretty fantastic Italian food.  There are like 8 tables in the whole place, and there is no menu--the waiter just walks up and asks what you want. It's like walking into Grandma's Italian kitchen.

The invisible barrier at 220 giving much resistance.  Today is another ON day, so if I can't break through it by tomorrow morning I may just have to give up on life.

As I did earlier this week, I pulled another Tyrwhitt suit out of my closet that I had bought a year or two ago but which was way too tight on me.  This one is still a little snug, but it fits, I'm wearing it, and it looks great.  Another 10lbs and it'll be a perfect fit.  In any event, this losing weight thing is netting me a bunch of free new suits that I had basically given up on. :thumbup:

I have.  Chase took me once.  Old mafia restaurant.  You can't even go in off the street and get a reservation--people supposedly "own" the tables, and you have to know someone to get a spot.  Chase through his family had a connection, and they weren't using it that night, so we went and ate some pretty fantastic Italian food.  There are like 8 tables in the whole place, and there is no menu--the waiter just walks up and asks what you want. It's like walking into Grandma's Italian kitchen.
That sounds fantastic! Did you check behind the old time toilet for the gun Tessio taped back there for Michael? I miss the East Coast for good Italian food. Love places like that.

By the way, discovered an amazing meal last night. Took the pre boiled potatoes out of the fridge and cut them into wedges. The briefest spray or cooking spray, some salt, and bake until crispy. Then instead of ketchup, which is kind of nasty and has a lot of garbage in it, I spread tomato sauce (Rao's pizza sauce) over the top, sprinkle on a touch of garlic powder. Incredible. Was like having a full-on pasta dish. 
something you can only get in NY?

something you can only get in NY?
:shrug:   Got me.  My wife got it from a store, it was in a jar.  Maybe it's only distributed around here?  

In any event, the stuff is great, but I have to imagine any good tomato sauce or pizza sauce would work.

By the way, discovered an amazing meal last night. Took the pre boiled potatoes out of the fridge and cut them into wedges. The briefest spray or cooking spray, some salt, and bake until crispy. Then instead of ketchup, which is kind of nasty and has a lot of garbage in it, I spread tomato sauce (Rao's pizza sauce) over the top, sprinkle on a touch of garlic powder. Incredible. Was like having a full-on pasta dish. 
Have you considered Sriracha?

A few months ago I was on my last loop on my primary black dress belt... Today i was teetering between the first or the second loop. Second is a bit too loose, but first is a bit snug.  Currently training for a half marathon, so I'm anticipating needing to shoot the lock off the wallet and buy a whole new wardrobe in 3-4 months. Hoping for another ~20lbs peeled off in that time. 

I'm okay with that expense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheated a little today.  Feeling bad about it.  Ended up at a work lunch and had a half of a turkey sandwich on whole grain.  Then tonight had some chicken before eating my potato-Rao medley.  May screw me for  breaking 220 tomorrow. :hot:

Almost 2lbs per week over an extended period is pretty decent. :shrug:   If I could end up at my goal weight in August, I'd be thrilled. :shrug:
Oh I took that wrong. I thought FC was saying he lost that weught. I just know he has been a bit obnoxious at times. My bad. Congrats on the losses.

You just rubbing it on these guys or in for a joke? I don't get it. 
For a 230 pounder, 7 lbs in 25 days is very healthy weight loss. Probably the first nonshticky thing I've had up in this thread. 

Otis diet threads are always entertaining and he always go off the rails so I like to bust balls and mess around in them.

It's Father's Day, I anticipate an all out superb disaster weekend. I'd try to keep Full Spud today through Saturday, take a break Sunday, and resume Monday. Prob can get down to 215-216 by next weekend with some dedication.

No better feeling than dropping notches on the belt :thumbup:

It's Father's Day, I anticipate an all out superb disaster weekend. I'd try to keep Full Spud today through Saturday, take a break Sunday, and resume Monday. Prob can get down to 215-216 by next weekend with some dedication.

No better feeling than dropping notches on the belt :thumbup:
Fantasycurse outing himself as Otis? 

:mindblown:

Work dinner tonight out at a nice restaurant. Was planned and expected all week.  Did really well though. Fasted all day. For dinner had a salad, the fish, and some fruit for dessert. One light beer and one glass of white wine. May not have wrecked progress. That said the weekend is here and it is Father's Day and surely I'll give up a little yardage. Ok with me if we keep inching in the right direction while basically giving up nothing at all. 

Spud be with you. 

Amen. 

I've always thought a good sauce is a worthwhile splurge. You're probably getting a minimum of six servings out of a jar even if you're being really liberal, and paying $2-$3 for a critical component in a dinner is a steal. 
Don't get me wrong, it's really good sauce. I like it a lot, and I buy it for like $7/bottle in the grocery store. But $13/bottle? Maybe I'm cheap, but that seems like a lot to me.

I could retire a day and half early if I go with the Classico, instead. Or, even better, make my own. 

Don't get me wrong, it's really good sauce. I like it a lot, and I buy it for like $7/bottle in the grocery store. But $13/bottle? Maybe I'm cheap, but that seems like a lot to me.

I could retire a day and half early if I go with the Classico, instead. Or, even better, make my own. 
I'll work an extra 12 hours if it means I'll really enjoy my food.

He is kinda succeeding, good for him. 

I think he'll get to 210. The real test will be when he gets to his goals what he does.
This is key.  Diets don't work for a reason:  As soon as you stop you regress back to old habits and gain the weight back.  You need a lifestyle change...not a diet.  

This is key.  Diets don't work for a reason:  As soon as you stop you regress back to old habits and gain the weight back.  You need a lifestyle change...not a diet.  
:shrug:

It's basically becoming a lifestyle change.  I don't even really feel like I'm "on a diet" so much anymore.  It's just a routine.  I eat potatoes as many days during the week as is feasible.  On the weekends I basically, like any other normal human being, try to make a healthy choice or two, but don't deprive myself of anything.  I've eaten out at restaurants.  I've had a drink on a weekday on a special occasion.  I've drank hard on other special occasions.  I eat fast food, pizza, ice cream, chocolate, cookies, ice pops, fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, and all things in between, and yet I'm still losing weight at a breathtaking pace.  You're telling me this isn't working?

And by the way, even my potato days aren't bad.  I admit I still need to iron out a lunch meal replacement, because the microwaved, boiled, plain potatoes are not good.  But my evening meal, potato wedges and delicious pizza sauce, with some pepper and garlic and salt?  Are you kidding me?  It's tremendous.

Still experimenting, but I may revert to my prior daytime routine, which is coffee for breakfast, a protein bar for lunch, and then tack on a fancy potato/faux pasta meal for dinner.  If I do that 4 days per week, and do whatever the hell I want the other three days, that may be the ideal balance.

It's basically becoming a lifestyle change.  I don't even really feel like I'm "on a diet" so much anymore.  It's just a routine.  I eat potatoes as many days during the week as is feasible.  On the weekends I basically, like any other normal human being, try to make a healthy choice or two, but don't deprive myself of anything.  I've eaten out at restaurants.  I've had a drink on a weekday on a special occasion.  I've drank hard on other special occasions.  I eat fast food, pizza, ice cream, chocolate, cookies, ice pops, fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, and all things in between, and yet I'm still losing weight at a breathtaking pace.  You're telling me this isn't working?
That's good.  I wasn't suggesting that you in particular are destined to regain the weight.  I just know that if a person isn't committed to changing their eating habits for the long term, then chances are high the weight will come back (see Oprah).  It sounds like you have the right mindset and this is indeed a lifestyle change.  

22.7%

In spud we trust. 
Of course fish, salad, a beer, & wine don't interfere with diet... Wonder who said that on page 1?

Client meals don't have to be ridiculous benders. & it's not like you were eating celery for dinner, sounds like a delicious meal. If you can get into these habits and keep one (sometimes two) cheat days a week, you'll be able to maintain your target weight when you get there.

That's good.  I wasn't suggesting that you in particular are destined to regain the weight.  I just know that if a person isn't committed to changing their eating habits for the long term, then chances are high the weight will come back (see Oprah).  It sounds like you have the right mindset and this is indeed a lifestyle change.  
But that's just it.  I wasn't able to make this lifestyle change until I got religion (potatoes).  That was the catalyst.  It's exactly how the "diet" is supposed to work, and it works.  It's a stepping stone to lifestyle change.

Good stuff, GB.   I think you still owe me for a coffee or a beer or a potato.
Actually was going to text you last night around 9:30pm to see if you were out sarging.  I was on my way in a car out to the island and traffic was abysmal, figured I might as well grab a non-potato scotch with my good buddy.

Let's do this soon.

But that's just it.  I wasn't able to make this lifestyle change until I got religion (potatoes).  That was the catalyst.  It's exactly how the "diet" is supposed to work, and it works.  It's a stepping stone to lifestyle change.
That's interesting.  I'm transitioning to a pescetarian diet due to the health benefits and so I understand how difficult it is to change eating habits.  It takes a lot more work to prepare 'good' food than it does to eat crap.  It sounds like you're well on your way to a transformation and ultimately much healthier lifestyle.  I wish more people would understand just how important eating the right food is to our health.     

Which is why it's working.  Do not change it.  If you do then you will regress.

Last night was sushi, followed by beer, wine, cookies, chips, and an ice cream sandwich.  Best diet ever?

Can't wait to write my book.  $$$

Yesterday walked into my house into a huge surprise party my wife threw me for my 40th. GB that woman. A great time all around, though I certainly ate and drank my way into oblivion. I even ate some potato pancakes   

Yesterday walked into my house into a huge surprise party my wife threw me for my 40th. GB that woman. A great time all around, though I certainly ate and drank my way into oblivion. I even ate some potato pancakes   
Gotta say Oat's, no matter how much you eat and booze the day before, you always seem to be up pretty early.  Happy 40th!  Enjoy the knowledge that your best physical years are far behind you!

Users who are viewing this thread