What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

4/7 - 294.4 lbs; 24 min walk & 30 min recumbent bike; 405 active cal; 561 total cal; 354 total minutes.

4/8 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 281 active cal; 305 total cal.  384 total minutes.  

4/9 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 267 active cal; 354 total cal.  414 total minutes.

4/10 - 293.8 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 541 active cal; 713 total cal.  474 Total Minutes.

4/11 - 293.4 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 482 active cal; 654 total cal.  534 Total Minutes.

4/12 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 365 active cal; 495 total cal; 579 Total minutes.

4/13 -294.6 lbs; 0 minutes; 579 total minutes.

4/14 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 339 active cal; 469 Total cal; 624 Total minutes.

4/15 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 382 active cal; 512 Total cal; 669 Total minutes.

4/16 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 344 active cal; 474 Total cal;  714 Total minutes.

4/17 - 294.0 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 260 active cal; 346 total cal; 744 Total minutes.

4/18 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 344 active cal; 474 total cal; 789 Total minutes.

I mentioned a while ago that I'd never hit 30,000 steps in a day before. I blew by that today with over 36,000. I went a little over 16.5 miles in a little under 5 hours. My feet were pretty uncomfortable at the end. I switched from walking to jogging just to give them some relief, since the different gaits stress slightly different parts of the feet and legs. The last mile or so was up a big hill, which was also quite welcome for the same reason.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do any walking or running tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The daily yoga this morning was short, but I made up for it with a longer-than-usual walk and even got Mr. krista to join.  It's a little easier to get out and stay out when it's a gorgeous day, and I live in one of the most beautiful spots in the US.  Subtracting five minutes from our walking total for when we stopped at our local bakery.  It's OK - I've only had one bite of a donut and one bite of a Viking cup so far!

123 minutes for a total of 1489 so far.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

4/6 - 86

4/7 - 82

4/8 - 86

4/9 - 88

4/10 - 64

4/11 - 98

4/12 - 115

4/13 - 90

4/14 - 81

4/15 - 81

4/16 - 82

4/17 - 123

Total:  1489
I'm calling bull#### on this. There's no way anyone eats only 1 bite of that. 

4/18 - Nothing....My back still hurt from whatever I did yesterday so couldn’t run (could barely walk for parts of the day). 

Stuck at 979 minutes. I am still pretty confident I will beat my 1,000 goal. 

bostonfred said:
90 minutes today.  Mostly walking but did a 1k at 23 minute pace to see if i could do it.  I can't.  Good to know.  
Those guys are maniacs.  I’m not even going to strive for that type of a pace.

Those guys are maniacs.  I’m not even going to strive for that type of a pace.
That's exactly the spirit of the team formerly known as Team @Otis, which I'll remind everyone is now known as Team BSG (Buttery and Soft and Good). 

We should make t shirts in a large assortment of sizes, or should I say an assortment of large sizes, that say

I'm not even going to strive for that

Today is my birthday and it's supposed to rain all day, so I might just take a day off.  
streak ended - (4/18/20) - 2,758 steps - what a great day!

no workouts
no sun salutation

had cheese omelette topped with hot sauce for breakfast
tuna and brussels sprouts for lunch

snacks
Atkins bar
Omega 3 trail mix

Then the diet went off the rails in the best way :
My wife made homemade linguine with clam sauce - and I ate 1/2 pound by myself.  Then I ate 1/4 of my birthday cake that my wife and kids made from scratch.

Two whiskey's + 1/2 bottle of red wine topped off the festivities.

Zoom call with extended family to celebrate my b-day and another one today with the other side.  Played lots of video games with my kids throughout the day.     We even brought out our original Wii console (surprised that thing still works) so my daughter and I could team up to beat Super Mario Brothers, which we did.

Capped off the night by watching a couple episodes of Breaking Bad with one of my daughters who is watching it for the first time.

Again - what a great day!

Maurile Tremblay said:
I mentioned a while ago that I'd never hit 30,000 steps in a day before. I blew by that today with over 36,000. I went a little over 16.5 miles in a little under 5 hours. My feet were pretty uncomfortable at the end. I switched from walking to jogging just to give them some relief, since the different gaits stress slightly different parts of the feet and legs. The last mile or so was up a big hill, which was also quite welcome for the same reason.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do any walking or running tomorrow.
I have been able to also have some fairly amazing one day feats and I have to share that the end result for me is usually I stop exercising all together. It could be a Tennis marathon/Tournament and then don't touch a racket for 2 weeks, it could be a 10 mile hike, whatever it is I push it too far too fast and it blows up in my face. I have been going about as much as I can and still stay motivated and not over do it. 

I had a great day yesterday but seriously it was 2.5 hours solid of legs never stopping between the bike and walk and I am finding that's about my limit where "Exercise High" becomes something else. And that's also with a long break between walking and biking.  

That's exactly the spirit of the team formerly known as Team @Otis, which I'll remind everyone is now known as Team BSG (Buttery and Soft and Good). 

We should make t shirts in a large assortment of sizes, or should I say an assortment of large sizes, that say

"We're talking about a non-exclusive egalitarian brotherhood where community status and, more importantly, age have no bearing whatsoever."

-We will give nothing back to the academic community. As well as provide no public service of any kind.

Rowed this morning, followed by walking a couple of miles with the family, followed by heading to the beach and walking around there, followed by...

...curbside pickup at a local Mexican place, tacos, chips and guacamole, and a couple quarts of margarita. 

Rowed this morning, followed by walking a couple of miles with the family, followed by heading to the beach and walking around there, followed by...

...curbside pickup at a local Mexican place, tacos, chips and guacamole, and a couple quarts of margarita. 
Dude we've talked about this. The calories to happiness ratio of those chips is so so bad.  Save it for the margaritas. 

- guy who destroyed as much chips and booze this week as I've ever done after giving both up for Lent 

:lmao:   I want one of these.

Size small, though.

Congrats to former Team Buttery and Soft and Good member @Alex P Keaton for kicking ### in the 5k portion of the challenge going on in the 10k thread!  Out-performed expectations and brought home a win for his team!  No chance he's going to get relegated to this thread any time soon.
Yeah it gives me hope that if one of our former team members can impress, any of us can.  There is hope after all!

Race report - 5k

It snowed here yesterday morning, and rained all afternoon.  So I had low hopes for getting my 5k in.  But I downloaded strava just to see how it worked, and got on my treadmill, and discovered it uses GPS. So my first strava run looks like i was jumping up and down for an hour or so. Pretty sweet. 

So today was my first ever outside run with strava and only my second outside run this year. No chance that this goes poorly.  While I'm walking towards an area with actual sidewalks, i noticed that the app has a tab called explore.  I clicked on it, and signed up for a free month of some ridiculous 60 dollar a year service that tells me how long my outdoor runs are and how hilly they are.  Thanks but I'm canceling that immediately.  But for today it actually recommended a route i hadn't tried before that was 3.29 miles and i thought that sounded close enough to 3.1 so i tried it.

Mile 1 (8:34 pace) 

I have no idea how to pace myself for an outdoor run right now.  This felt faster than 7mph on my treadmill, and there was some nice downhill in there that I'd never noticed.  I need to turn right on a road I've never been to before, but I'll cross that proverbial bridge when i get to it. This is going great. 

Mile 2 (9:50 pace) 

Ok i found that road, and it actually goes to a rotary/roundabout, which was not mentioned in the route thingy, so I'm left guessing where I'm supposed to go. The app has a weird error message about not being able to find my Fitbit.  I have no idea how to get back to the map thing.  So i take the first right and run past a couple office parks and a retirement community. I have never been down this road in my life.  Somewhere in here i realized that i was in an office park parking lot and there was no more road.  I stop to get the app back up and my screen is dark. I've used up my entire battery.  Neat. Now I'm walking and dicking with the app and give up and just start running again.  There was an unmarked side road a little ways back. Let's try that.  

Update. This side road is not a road.  It is a cliff with access for mountain goats and enterprising automobiles.  It is not intended to be run by humans.  Why oh why did i turn this way.  I get to the top of the hill, and I'm completely disoriented.  I know i recognize this road but it's not where I'm supposed to be. I have discovered whatever the opposite of a shortcut is. I check my phone and it buzzes a last goodbye. #### you android. 

Mile 3 (12:43 apparently) 

I have no idea how strava figured out that i even ran this since my phone was off, but when i started it back up it said oh hey it looks like you were running earlier so we've taken some liberties. The thing is somewhere in here i just gave up and walked because i wasn't recording anymore, i was lost and stuck on some hilly bull#### area of my town I've never been to. So it's entirely possible that this is right, but i don't understand where the data came from.  I have a Fitbit watch but my bluetooth was off, does it connect over the internet somehow?  Regardless, I gave up entirely on my 5k only to find out i was being recorded without my knowledge.  I feel invaded.  

I ran most of the way home but took it super easy and enjoyed the sun and the natural vitamin D, which stands for DGAF, because i don't.  But I'll probably try to do this again some other time.  

Regardless that's 60 minutes and I'm going to take my kid for a walk now so will probably end up closer to 90 plus depending how long he feels like going.  First nice day in a long time and i got some yard work, played outside with my kid and some good exercise, pretty good day as far as I'm concerned.  

Keep moving in May like you all have been in April and you will surprise yourselves.
I do believe that if push came to shove, I could probably run a 5K right now (well not literally right now since I’m drinking a beer) at around an 8 minute pace.  If I really started training for speed, I could possibly improve on that over time.  But I’m sorry - there is no way on this beautiful earth that I’m ever doing a 5K at a 6:30 pace.  I can’t even come close to doing a half mile at that pace.  Maybe I need to work on my running form.  I don’t really even know if I’m doing it correctly. :oldunsure:

I do believe that if push came to shove, I could probably run a 5K right now (well not literally right now since I’m drinking a beer) at around an 8 minute pace.  If I really started training for speed, I could possibly improve on that over time.  But I’m sorry - there is no way on this beautiful earth that I’m ever doing a 5K at a 6:30 pace.  I can’t even come close to doing a half mile at that pace.  Maybe I need to work on my running form.  I don’t really even know if I’m doing it correctly. :oldunsure:
If you want to get faster - don't increase speed, increase distance. Only then will you really know your actual top-end speed. I don't know how much you have in you, but I know it's more than you think. Form's important though.

85 minutes today.  walking, running, hiking, HIIT  85 minutes.  4.31 miles.  avg heart rate, 141.  i felt like a loon, doing my squats/jumping lunges/jumping lateral squats/pushups/etc, out on the trail, but IDGAF anymore.  gotta get it done.  hate doing it in the garage.  

1015 so far.

eta:  lady raiders 1108.  i learned my lesson about guessing for her.   :lmao:   

Love the bfred report!  :lmao:

I just was not feeling it today.  At.  All.  No long workout; instead just did about an hour walk along with my yoga this morning, for 84 minutes total. 

So far for April:  1664 minutes

Completed Day 29/100 of my current Tecumseh challenge.

Completed Day 15 of the 30-day yoga program.  @E-Z Glider, do you have any recommendations for yoga after I finish the 30 days of HOME?

I'm currently 9.8 pounds below my initial goal weight.

Love the bfred report!  :lmao:

I just was not feeling it today.  At.  All.  No long workout; instead just did about an hour walk along with my yoga this morning, for 84 minutes total. 

So far for April:  1664 minutes

Completed Day 29/100 of my current Tecumseh challenge.

Completed Day 15 of the 30-day yoga program.  @E-Z Glider, do you have any recommendations for yoga after I finish the 30 days of HOME?

I'm currently 9.8 pounds below my initial goal weight.
When did walking for 60 minutes and doing Yoga for 30 minutes become the equivalent of playing Nintendo vigorously? 

10 lbs under goal weight? I hate you 😉

...curbside pickup at a local Mexican place, tacos, chips and guacamole, and a couple quarts of margarita
Key words here...

Took awhile to get going today, decided to do the walk and cycle B2B instead of spacing it out. Mrs went Paddle boarding for 3 hours, I typically cut that time in half for actual rowing time.  

60 Walk, 60 Bilateral Self Propulsion 

2,120 and 1,440

Can we give Krista some of our extra at least?  Like she gets 5 from me, and 5 from a few others, and has to lose it all again?

Users who are viewing this thread