What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

I wouldn't call it "mostly" fat, obviously 5 lbs a month there will be fat, but with the right diet can have healthy muscle gains.
Research shows that unless you have "help" natural lifters under ideal conditions can expect to put on 4-7lbs of muscle every 12 weeks.  And a guy like you would be at the lower end of the spectrum since you've obviously already put a lot of hard work in at the gym.  Muscle gains come slowest to those who already have some muscle mass.  That's where my "mostly fat" comment came from.

Of couirse it does vary a bit individual to individual and you are pretty freaking strong so maybe it's possible for you.  Just not for the vast majority of guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
#### it, I'm in.

I wasn't kidding when I said I am afraid to step on the scale... I have never been worse to myself than the last 4 months.  This will be embarrassing.
Just saw this thread, seriously thinking about joining in.  When is the cutoff?  Need more details, could be a good motivator for me.  Been really bad the last 4-6 months as well.

The percentage part makes it tough for me, since I would have to drop a substantial amount more to equal the same percent as you deuce and a quarter guys. 

Good luck guys.  I only really need to lose a couple, but that is more about lifting and doing more exercise again.  Less drinking would also help

If not already done so, I'd like to suggest a universal weigh in time. I nominate first thing in the morning before everything has been consumed. I also suggest at least one weekly update per participant. 

I don't have the Fitbit but will be happy to send our moderator a picture of my scale with me and a penny on it if anybody wants that. 

Yeah. I can put on fat like a Wal-Mart shopper no problem. My goal is to not buy new pants. But I will admit my thighs are pushing out some of my dress slacks #quadzilla
I gained 35 lbs over the span of 3 years while regularly doing crossfit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any old school wrestlers here who will cut the week of. Just want to know what im going up against here

Also, I will NOT be drinking 10 gallons of water before weigh in. Not my style. 

Any old school wrestlers here who will cut the week of. Just want to know what im going up against here

Also, I will NOT be drinking 10 gallons of water before weigh in. Not my style. 
Oohhh that's a good point. I'd suggest a rule against dehydrating oneself before final weigh in. 

Let me know if I can get in and if so will need the paypal info.

I don't have a huge amount of post counts, more of a lurker, but I've been here forever.

Oohhh that's a good point. I'd suggest a rule against dehydrating oneself before final weigh in. 
I read an article about fighters shedding 30 pounds of water weight. Lean guys. Maybe end the contest April 1st but require weekly weigh-ins for one month after.

Guy is a 35 year old triathlete and he's here complaining about his metabolism.

- 40 year old dad of three small kids with a desk job and no workout regimen to speak of
I should have been more clear. I put on weight if I look at food. I've never had a good metabolism. So I don't see it starting to kick in at 35.  If people are worried about my post count I'm happy to sit this one out but I'll still post my results. Again, just looking for more motivation. 

Thinking about doing this.  As a newly diagnosed diabetic porker the extra motivation may help.  I'm embarrassed to post my actual numbers.  I'll follow along regardless.

This is always good entertainment I'm definitely following along. I always stay in pretty good shape but will lose 5 pounds with the team. 

Rule clarification needed:

1.  Can I weigh in first day with sand in my pockets?

2.  Can I shave all of my body hair off the day of the last weigh in?

@Otis, are you going to PM us all your paypal info?
Yes, I'm going to PM the folks who are in tomorrow morning, with my PP info.  Someone made a good point regarding random dudes coming in and potentially cheating for the win. 

:cstu:  was a sobering reminder that it's still the internet, even here. So, I'm just going to use my discretion as to which dudes are in on the money pool. Submit your final applications this evening gentlemen. Tomorrow, we dine in hell!

Or something. 

If you want to pop up a quick 5 or 10 for the first weigh in. 

1) salt is your friend

2) malto dextrin (type of sugar they give T1D) is fast acting and can add temporary weight to your liver

3) booze is not your friend tonight. Stick to low abv beer and quantity over quality.  Regular bud is the best bet. 

4) don't puke

5) don't take down too much protein.  Make your liver distribute as much glycogen as possible. I imagine this isn't a problem for many of you.

Do this and can see an easy 8 pound swing on a 250 pound frame in 24 hours. 

Okay, I've been exclusively in the SP since football season started so would someone please explain (or point me to the appropriate thread) the whole pigeon thing going on in the FFA?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread