What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

Finished the day well under calories but skipped my run for the second day in a row. Yesterday I was just sore. Today I felt better but my knee was a little wonky and I'm not going to mess with that. Did plenty of hiking/walking instead. How about you @Otis

Yoga ✅ good ab workout today

15k steps ✅

Under Weight Watcher Points ✅

Snacks - cucumber and hummus, grapes

It was tough getting the last 1000 steps last night because we went out to dinner and it was dark when we got home. Didn’t use that as an excuse though and knocked it out. Thanks again @bostonfred for the yoga motivation. 

Finished the day well under calories but skipped my run for the second day in a row. Yesterday I was just sore. Today I felt better but my knee was a little wonky and I'm not going to mess with that. Did plenty of hiking/walking instead. How about you @Otis
Sounds like a good one GB. Well done. 
I did less good yesterday. I only rowed and walked the dog. Still not bad, but didn’t get to yoga. But the real problem is I snacked last night — it started with an edible and then devolved into some sweets and chips. Now, I didn’t drink. And I ate nothing but salad and a health shake all day. So it’s still a good day relatively speaking. Just not a great day. 

Just need to get through the next two days with no alcohol and modest and healthy eating, and then it’ll be back into the weekday routine, which is always easier. 

Sounds like a good one GB. Well done. 
I did less good yesterday. I only rowed and walked the dog. Still not bad, but didn’t get to yoga. But the real problem is I snacked last night — it started with an edible and then devolved into some sweets and chips. Now, I didn’t drink. And I ate nothing but salad and a health shake all day. So it’s still a good day relatively speaking. Just not a great day. 

Just need to get through the next two days with no alcohol and modest and healthy eating, and then it’ll be back into the weekday routine, which is always easier. 
You can do it Otis. 2 days without drinking is doable.

I weighed in at 233 this morning and I am going take the journey to 220 with you. Can we get there by Halloween?

You can do it Otis. 2 days without drinking is doable.

I weighed in at 233 this morning and I am going take the journey to 220 with you. Can we get there by Halloween?
We can definitely do 220 by Halloween.  Should be a bit below that by then. Man that would feel good!

Come to think of it, no reason we can’t be below 220 by Halloween, and like 210 at Thanksgiving. Hell, could be near 200 by Christmas!  That would just feel so fantastic. Motivating to think about, as these milestones really aren’t far off at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/P8uHMMmWMHQ

Today's another full body flow called Yoga Joy, a little more challenging than yesterday's Yoga Kiss and without as much buildup. It's a vinyasa flow so you will recognize a lot of the early moves, then there are some balance poses and a goofball arm spinny thing at the end I'm not too sure about but it could be good I don't know. I'm going to do my run first and then get to this later today, will post my thoughts then. 

Wife's 41st bday today so I'm on kid duty all day.  Going to slip in an hour long body combat and get my mind ready for the pushup challenge starting tomorrow.  

Went for a 2.4 mile hike today.  Almost bit off more than I could handle.  Place I just found but had never been to.  The trail I took was a 3 mile loop.  Did about 1.2 and turned around.  Turned out to be a little warmer than I thought.  Back started tightening up on the way back but I made it.  According to my Fitbit 2.43 miles in 59 minutes.

My new lady friend says she’d like to try it. Extra incentive!!!!  I need all the help I can get to boost my GAF!!!

Jumping on Peleton. Walked the dog early but nothing outside for the next few days. Never seen heat like this in CA. Had a 7am tee time yesterday. Done by 11am. Still thought I was going to get heat stroke the last 4 holes.

It was 104 at 9:30am today. 
Good day for Peleton, a couple quick cannonballs in the cement pond, yoga, AC and watching golf

https://youtu.be/P8uHMMmWMHQ

Today's another full body flow called Yoga Joy, a little more challenging than yesterday's Yoga Kiss and without as much buildup. It's a vinyasa flow so you will recognize a lot of the early moves, then there are some balance poses and a goofball arm spinny thing at the end I'm not too sure about but it could be good I don't know. I'm going to do my run first and then get to this later today, will post my thoughts then. 
Definitely better than yesterday's.  I liked all the balance poses near the end because I'm a lot better at them than I once was!

Going to do the difficult one later this afternoon.

Otis said:
We can definitely do 220 by Halloween.  Should be a bit below that by then. Man that would feel good!

Come to think of it, no reason we can’t be below 220 by Halloween, and like 210 at Thanksgiving. Hell, could be near 200 by Christmas!  That would just feel so fantastic. Motivating to think about, as these milestones really aren’t far off at all. 
I like being aggressive, but anything over 1 lb / week is setting myself up for failure, especially around the holidays. I will hit 220 (hopefully by Halloween) and go from there. 

I will be rooting for you to hit 200 by Christmas and I will try to ride your wake and stay close. 

another shout out to @bostonfred!!  and to the rest of y'all as well.  wasn't feeling it today.  but, read the thread, and was inspired.

i hurt my foot doing those stupid jumping jacks on thursday  :bag:   man! aging sux0rs.   :lmao:   had to shut it down fri and sat.  foot still hurts, but is manageable.  

i did today's yoga.  easy.  so i added some boat and this quick session  i'm thinking that something like this, everyday, might make a big difference.  i only focus on abs, maybe once every 10 days.  

i also did that pushup series 29, 33, 29, 29, 40.  not too shabby.  i took 3 minutes between each set, knocked them all out.  keep posting these, if you don't mind.

Judge Smails said:
Jumping on Peleton. Walked the dog early but nothing outside for the next few days. Never seen heat like this in CA. Had a 7am tee time yesterday. Done by 11am. Still thought I was going to get heat stroke the last 4 holes.

It was 104 at 9:30am today. 
Good day for Peleton, a couple quick cannonballs in the cement pond, yoga, AC and watching golf
i'm pretty sure, this is a record heat for us.  108.  it was 96, in laguna, at the beach.  that's rare.

krista4 said:
Definitely better than yesterday's.  I liked all the balance poses near the end because I'm a lot better at them than I once was!

Going to do the difficult one later this afternoon.
Just finished the difficult one, which was...not difficult?  I definitely sweated, but nothing ever seemed hard, unless you count that I fell off balance on the left leg "dancer" pose.  Are you guys able to do those with no problem?  I liked this one a lot a lot; moar like that, please.

Did well this week starting Weight Watcher again and initially it was tough cutting out the junk, but after a week it is getting easier.  I am trying the Purple plan but I am skeptical of the additional carbs allowed.  I may go back to the blue if this doesn't show the desired results.

Also walk / ran every day for 40-60 minutes.  Trying to adhere to the MAF plan that has been explained in here and that allows me to go longer than in the past.  I am anxious to see if my speed improves in the long run.

Starting Weight 1/1 - 257

Current Weight - 254

Even though I hit 252 at one point I am happy with losing 3 pounds to kick off the new year.
Dude I think you have earned all of our respect doing this the right way, slow and steady like your name suggests.  Keep up the good work. 

Just finished the difficult one, which was...not difficult?  I definitely sweated, but nothing ever seemed hard, unless you count that I fell off balance on the left leg "dancer" pose.  Are you guys able to do those with no problem?  I liked this one a lot a lot; moar like that, please.
It wasn't that the poses were difficult, it was just the most I've sweated during an Adriene video, and those leg squats were tough. I think I messed up my knee doing it, because I didn't really do anything else unusual this weekend. I did get a good run in today and didn't tweak it but I am being cautious the rest of the way. 

I'm either proud or ashamed to admit I'm good at dancer.  I think I could have gotten my foot as high as she does if I'd really pushed but I did not want to overdo it. I am pretty good with balance poses when I'm not on a yoga mat on squishy carpet.  This feels like the kind of thing where the loser of the otis thread fantasy football league has to send a photo of the yoga pose of the winner's choice. 

it was hard as a whole.  i am really working on each pose and pushing myself to my limits.  flexibility and my knees are an issue.  they make some poses hard. stupid cow legs, for example. i am really focused on core strength and attempt to only use legs and core on all the standing bendy poses.  that humble warrior, with your hands clasped behind, is very hard.  i'm really focussing on getting my front leg, parallel to the ground.  

but i agree, more like that one.  no jumping jacks though.   :bag:  

It wasn't that the poses were difficult, it was just the most I've sweated during an Adriene video, and those leg squats were tough. I think I messed up my knee doing it, because I didn't really do anything else unusual this weekend. I did get a good run in today and didn't tweak it but I am being cautious the rest of the way. 

I'm either proud or ashamed to admit I'm good at dancer.  I think I could have gotten my foot as high as she does if I'd really pushed but I did not want to overdo it. I am pretty good with balance poses when I'm not on a yoga mat on squishy carpet.  This feels like the kind of thing where the loser of the otis thread fantasy football league has to send a photo of the yoga pose of the winner's choice. 
:lol:  at the bold.

Yeah, I sweated.  And I laughed out loud when we started on the first set of squats/jumping jacks, and she said, "now we're going to get your heart pumping," as my heart was already bursting out of my chest.

it was hard as a whole.  i am really working on each pose and pushing myself to my limits.  flexibility and my knees are an issue.  they make some poses hard. stupid cow legs, for example. i am really focused on core strength and attempt to only use legs and core on all the standing bendy poses.  that humble warrior, with your hands clasped behind, is very hard.  i'm really focussing on getting my front leg, parallel to the ground.  

but i agree, more like that one.  no jumping jacks though.   :bag:  
I'm in agreement on no jumping jacks.  I wish I'd known those were coming, as I would have worn a better bra.  :(  

another shout out to @bostonfred!!  and to the rest of y'all as well.  wasn't feeling it today.  but, read the thread, and was inspired.

i hurt my foot doing those stupid jumping jacks on thursday  :bag:   man! aging sux0rs.   :lmao:   had to shut it down fri and sat.  foot still hurts, but is manageable.  

i did today's yoga.  easy.  so i added some boat and this quick session  i'm thinking that something like this, everyday, might make a big difference.  i only focus on abs, maybe once every 10 days.  

i also did that pushup series 29, 33, 29, 29, 40.  not too shabby.  i took 3 minutes between each set, knocked them all out.  keep posting these, if you don't mind.
@bostonfred  is a savior.  Just look at Otis's transformation.  This thread has become inspirational for me.  At 42, I'm in better shape than I've ever been in my life.  

Well a mixed day to report. Big Labor Day family BBQ at the O Parents place. Everyone else drinking and Mrs O totally sloshed right now. Otis drank water. I was very close to giving myself a pass and having a scotch with the cigar I was smoking. But I just stayed water. 
on the negative side I had a couple desserts. So I didn’t end up eating great today and no exercise except for 100 month pushups and walking the dog. But I didn’t drink. And for that I’m at least a little proud. 

One more day of Labor Day weekend to go.  Kids back in school this week. Morning routine will be hectic but lots more freedom during the days to stay back on it hard.  Good run from now to Halloween is the next big test. 

Well a mixed day to report. Big Labor Day family BBQ at the O Parents place. Everyone else drinking and Mrs O totally sloshed right now. Otis drank water. I was very close to giving myself a pass and having a scotch with the cigar I was smoking. But I just stayed water. 
on the negative side I had a couple desserts. So I didn’t end up eating great today and no exercise except for 100 month pushups and walking the dog. But I didn’t drink. And for that I’m at least a little proud. 

One more day of Labor Day weekend to go.  Kids back in school this week. Morning routine will be hectic but lots more freedom during the days to stay back on it hard.  Good run from now to Halloween is the next big test. 
Who cares about a few occasional desserts?  You’ve earned it.  The fact that you’ve managed to stay off the booze is very, very impressive.  I wish I had your will power TBH.

Bump for all the runners. I know the 10k thread is doing this but if any of you want to do a fun run, zoom, watch a real actual football game on the treadmill, whatever... let's do something for a great cause and a good friend. 
Just signed up for the 5K.  Will try to knock it out next Saturday.

Who cares about a few occasional desserts?  You’ve earned it.  The fact that you’ve managed to stay off the booze is very, very impressive.  I wish I had your will power TBH.
Fantastic post.  I was worried about you, Oats, for taking on too much at a time:  no booze, mostly vegetarian, all the various workouts.  I think it's great for you to find a little balance.  You had some dessert, but you stuck with the no booze and otherwise ate well.  You've been rocking the workouts.  It's really OK to let yourself enjoy something now and then.  +1 to being totally impressed with what you've been doing.

Fantastic post.  I was worried about you, Oats, for taking on too much at a time:  no booze, mostly vegetarian, all the various workouts.  I think it's great for you to find a little balance.  You had some dessert, but you stuck with the no booze and otherwise ate well.  You've been rocking the workouts.  It's really OK to let yourself enjoy something now and then.  +1 to being totally impressed with what you've been doing.
@Otis

this times a million

keep it up dude.

Yoga

15k steps ✅

Snacks - grapes

i didn’t get to the yoga because we went on a 5 mile hike in the mountains.  I  finished the day with 22k steps. 

I did great eating even with a big temptation. We ate lunch at a nice little Mexican restaurant with a great beer selection. I ate a few grilled chicken and fish soft tacos and only a few chips. I stayed with water instead of one of the delicious brews. Big salad and grilled chicken for dinner - no real time to snack.

When considering the beer the 1st thing I thought of was “ if @Otis is going dry this weekend, I can too”. I guess peer pressure can be a good thing. 

Ok this is not as long, and @krista4 will skip to about 4 minutes in, but it's got some nice stretches, power moves and balancing. 

https://youtu.be/fzqOY_7xiyg

I have a longer and faster paced session queued up for tomorrow that will beat you up a little so don't despair if you're looking for a tough one today, just add on any of the yoga core videos. 

Ok this is not as long, and @krista4 will skip to about 4 minutes in, but it's got some nice stretches, power moves and balancing. 

https://youtu.be/fzqOY_7xiyg

I have a longer and faster paced session queued up for tomorrow that will beat you up a little so don't despair if you're looking for a tough one today, just add on any of the yoga core videos. 
Shorter ones are still welcomed, too.  Mixing it up is perfect.

I had a nice, long walk today. Long enough that I really don't have to do the yoga. Probably will, though. Good job over the holiday everybody!

Apple Watch - check 

EBT card for fresh veggies and fruit - check

YMCA membership- check

started doing yoga w Adrienne 

i got off my 30 year old fat ### in the month of August  and did something about being closely obese. 
Giddyup.  As a former 30 year old myself I feel qualified* to say that you'll be glad you did. I have had my best success tracking calories in the myfitnesspal app and cutting alcohol way back but everyone is different. If you're comfortable sharing your experiences in here, we've all picked things up from each other and the more the better. No better time for self improvement than when you're already having your day to day life impacted by this pandemic. 

* I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any exercise program. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a pass day. A little wine tonight (I just bought a single bottle....cant remember the last time I did that) with the Mrs to celebrate end of summer. Not gonna sweat it. It’s a big milestone for the kids going back to school tomorrow for the first time since March. Bittersweet end to a real roller coaster. 

Feeling good about the last several weeks and feel they are repeatable. The challenge will be fitting in the rowing, which I think is the most important of my exercises for me, the yoga, which has really grown on me and it’s nice not to groan every time I bend over to put on my shoes, and the Fred million push-up thing. But we’ll sort it out. Back at it tomorrow. 

Apple Watch - check 

EBT card for fresh veggies and fruit - check

YMCA membership- check

started doing yoga w Adrienne 

i got off my 30 year old fat ### in the month of August  and did something about being closely obese. 
Glad to have your join our little group. Start with simple good habits and then add more as you get comfortable. Also set small, realistic weight loss goals. 

I think a lot of people start too drastically and/or set goals that are too difficult and end up failing. 

Or you can just do whatever @bostonfredsays and you will succeed. 

It’s a pass day. A little wine tonight (I just bought a single bottle....cant remember the last time I did that) with the Mrs to celebrate end of summer. Not gonna sweat it. It’s a big milestone for the kids going back to school tomorrow for the first time since March. Bittersweet end to a real roller coaster. 

Feeling good about the last several weeks and feel they are repeatable. The challenge will be fitting in the rowing, which I think is the most important of my exercises for me, the yoga, which has really grown on me and it’s nice not to groan every time I bend over to put on my shoes, and the Fred million push-up thing. But we’ll sort it out. Back at it tomorrow. 
Just don’t make this a habit.  You committed to this with Fred.  I’m more afraid of disappointing Fred than anything else lol.

Yoga ✅ Good one today!

15k steps ✅

Snacks - grapes, sugar-free pudding, Alice of turkey

I bbq’d for the family and really wanted a beer, but since I knew Otis wasn’t drinking stuck with iced tea. I didn’t want anyone to think I couldn’t make it 3 days without a drink. 
I somehow got in 14,000 steps and didn't leave my house today.  We did have our next door neighbors over for a BBQ and I jumped on the trampoline with my 4 year old (along with an hour long body combat in the morning) but that usually doesn't get me anywhere close to 10,000 steps.  

Users who are viewing this thread