What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

The weatherman was super excited about the cold front that had come through overnight. Bunch of pantywaists, I said to myself, as I boiled out the door. Sure, it was under 60 for the first time since April, but certainly I would be manufacturing tons of heat soon.  Then I made a turn into the teeth of the wind. I'm sill OK, I thought. A couple of minutes later, it started raining. Not real hard, but oh so cold. I took a shortcut and went into Olympic race-walker mode, knocking about 20% off my route. I feel like I made part of that up with intensity. And shivering. Will still do yoga at lunch.

Day 2 (week 2) of pushup challenge complete - 14, 16, 12, 12, 35.  Goal is to hit 40 on Saturday.  Question for you pushup guys - what type of pushups are you doing or are you mixing it up?  I try to mix in at least one set of wide arm pushups but for most part just keeping it standard.  

I'm also going to do a 45 minute body combat tonight and not drink (for the first time that I can remember in a long time during football)!   :boxing:

Yoga ✅ 

15k steps ✅ 

Under Weight Watcher Points ✅

Snacks - banana, chocolate almonds

Got in a long walk during my daughters soccer practice and finished with 20k. That makes up for the 3k short yesterday. 

No-point salad for lunch so made a small plate of chicken Nachos for dinner. Still 10 points to spare. 

Official weigh in 232. Happy with the progress. Long way to go to 220. 

Damnit I didn’t yoga today. But I rowed and I did Fred’s billion push ups.  Getting stronger. 

Also ate perfectly. Right up until I just found cause to celebrate and went to the wine shop and poured some wine. You see it’s Friday Junior, which normally is reason enough to drink.  But today the celebration is that I just auctioned off a truck I bought a few years ago for $25k, for an auction price of nearly $60k. That kind of rules.  So I’m a workout beast and not going nuts on calories, and some wine shall flow?  Azcards19 be damned? (Sorry GB Fred). 

Still need to yoga tomorrow in addition to the row. Work is quiet so would like to get in a one hour row and a yoga sesh. We’ll see. 

https://youtu.be/fKP8FulI7LE

Adriene iis back.  Quick practice today with some fun moves.  Dedicate day 22 is a little under twenty minutes and you can even skip a few minutes at the start if you're in a rush. 
Did this one followed by yesterday's in succession today, since I didn't get to it yesterday.  They were really good in combo.  I like the thing where you're in plank and then go back and forth onto each hip (I can't remember which one it was).  

What is your plan from here?  I think you were curating some to get an idea of what we might do next?  Thanks for doing all the work to find these every day.

Damnit I didn’t yoga today. But I rowed and I did Fred’s billion push ups.  Getting stronger. 

Also ate perfectly. Right up until I just found cause to celebrate and went to the wine shop and poured some wine. You see it’s Friday Junior, which normally is reason enough to drink.  But today the celebration is that I just auctioned off a truck I bought a few years ago for $25k, for an auction price of nearly $60k. That kind of rules.  So I’m a workout beast and not going nuts on calories, and some wine shall flow?  Azcards19 be damned? (Sorry GB Fred). 

Still need to yoga tomorrow in addition to the row. Work is quiet so would like to get in a one hour row and a yoga sesh. We’ll see. 

Wow, amazing news on the truck.  Invest it all in CYDY!  :lol:  

By the way, "Friday Junior" never gets old.  Please thank Mrs. O again for that.

Hundredpushups.com week 5 day 1...

36 - I wasn't going to do the hard version after failing to hit 40 on my test but felt good enough on my first set to complete the 36, so... check.

40 - well, I did 36 more, then had to pause briefly and finished the 40. Check.

30 - thats a lot of pushups for a rest set, but check

26 - calm before the storm... this should be easy... arms are dead... but check

40 - this is simply not happening... just going to give it my best and try to get twenty-five... hey I got 30 before falling flat on my face. Then got back up and did the last ten. Check. 

Walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes but skipped the run and gave my knee a rest.  

Finished the day under calories. No alcohol.  

Looks like I'm flying solo for the next 46 days but I've got this.  

Did this one followed by yesterday's in succession today, since I didn't get to it yesterday.  They were really good in combo.  I like the thing where you're in plank and then go back and forth onto each hip (I can't remember which one it was).  

What is your plan from here?  I think you were curating some to get an idea of what we might do next?  Thanks for doing all the work to find these every day.
Not sure. It looks like @DA RAIDERS is temporarily sidelined, @fred_1_15301 is doing body combat and pushups. @kevzilla is doing the original 30, and @The Flying Turtle is too iirc but i might be wrong.  I'm not sure who else is still doing this besides you and me. Would you like to do another Adriene series? 

36 - I wasn't going to do the hard version after failing to hit 40 on my test but felt good enough on my first set to complete the 36, so... check.

40 - this is simply not happening... just going to give it my best and try to get twenty-five... hey I got 30 before falling flat on my face. Then got back up and did the last ten. Check. 

Walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes but skipped the run and gave my knee a rest.  

That's an impressive amount of pushups.  If someone told me I could do that after 4 weeks of this program, I would simply laugh.  

I had a nice body combat with limited snacking and pretty healthy meals all day.  So what do I do to close out the night?  I eat 2 heaping servings of ice cream (but no booze).    :bag:  

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an impressive amount of pushups.  If someone told me I could do that after 4 weeks of this program, I would simply laugh.  
Ha. You're so far ahead of where I started that it's almost disheartening for me to see how easy it already is for you. You will be way ahead of where I am in a month. 

Ha. You're so far ahead of where I started that it's almost disheartening for me to see how easy it already is for you. You will be way ahead of where I am in a month. 
You don't need to be disheartened.  We're all in this together.  There are plenty of things that you can do that I probably never will be able to.  And I can't come anywhere near you when it comes to will power.  Regardless, that's still an impressive number of pushups (my arms were pretty damn tired after completing the last set of 35).

Not sure. It looks like @DA RAIDERS is temporarily sidelined, @fred_1_15301 is doing body combat and pushups. @kevzilla is doing the original 30, and @The Flying Turtle is too iirc but i might be wrong.  I'm not sure who else is still doing this besides you and me. Would you like to do another Adriene series? 
Hey @bostonfred, I am following your daily yoga posts. I am up for whatever you want to do. I do like the Adrienne yoga more than the lady that did your Impossible Yoga in Tuesday. 

I will do this tomorrow. 

Against my stupid, agro personality, I have held off on yoga.   :cry:

I feel as if I’m ready for “my 600 pound life”  I’ve averaged 14k steps, in my “down” time.  Still feel bloated AF  

I, think, I might be able to resume tomorrow.  Foot injuries are so delicate. And annoying, as all get out!

foot feels good as I type.  Everyone pray to whomever, that it’s ready to rock. ASAP.  Cause this inactivity, is driving me bonkers. 

I’m getting better at the pushups pretty quickly. I’m still failing before I finish the 5th set, so I’m going to have to retest after week 2 and then drop down to the lower rating in week 3, but I’m not sweating that. I can feel the progress and it feels good. And if I can couple that with continuing to lose weight, obviously less to have to push, so it’ll get even easier. 

Looking for a good exercise and eating day ahead. PS I’m terrible at not drinking but really good at selling stupid old trucks. YWIA 

I can't come anywhere near you when it comes to will power.  
I don't think I have very good willpower.  Obviously, because I got so fat that I'm still not done getting unfat.  And when I was putting on the weight, I was in denial like Otis. I'd tell myself that I could take this off any time, all I need to do is just put in the effort... i just needed that magical GAF. 

I still don't have it.  I'm not convinced it even exists.

I used to drink or eat a bunch of unhealthy food or both at the end of the day as a reward for a hard day, or a good day, or a Thursday.  I though it was like the cheese at the end of the maze.  Look what I did inearned this.. but it was more like an addiction. I survived a day, where is my reward. I needed my fix. 

I am still an addict. I just chose a new high for a little while. 

Now I fill in my calories at every meal and see that I'm still under, and I feel good.  It's like a game, and I won.  I love games, and I love that winning feeling. At the end of the day I click a button that says complete diary and it says great job if you eat like this every day, in 5 weeks you'd weigh such and such.  That's a good feeling too.  I like checking the scale now, and I do it more often. I like looking in the mirror a lot more than I used to. And I like being able to tell my accountability buddies that I am sticking with it. I like when someone else says that they are going to do what I'm doing.  Those all feel good.  

I'm still looking forward to drinking again though. 

It's funny how a mild front can make an old fart shiver when he's been broasting for five months. Although I still intend to do as much real-world walking as possible, some of the workouts are going to be in the gym this winter. I actually enjoy the psychotic intervals on the elliptical, and those will get me in and out of there relatively quickly.   :oldunsure:

Just to make sure, we're choosing this as our next 30-day (or actually 31 days, it appears) program and would start with Day 1 today?  Good with me, but I wanted to confirm.
Didn't realize it was a repeat of the one many of us seemed to like a week ago. When i got to the squats it felt wrong on the very first one. I'm wondering if that's how i hurt my knee. Be careful. I'm skipping this today.

As a reminder I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any exercise progra m

The weather was nice this morning, so I had a long walk. So long that yoga is optional. I will likely do it Sunday, which I normally take off from everything.

The scale says I lost the 0.2 pounds I gained last week.  :lmao:

Week 2, Day 3 of pushup challenge - 16, 17, 14, 14, 40.  I was starting to feel it at 25 but pushed on to hit my goal of 40.  I don't think I could have done much more than that and I still have no idea how the hell I'll get anywhere close to 100.  But I'll continue to trust the process.

Week 2, Day 3 of pushup challenge - 16, 17, 14, 14, 40.  I was starting to feel it at 25 but pushed on to hit my goal of 40.  I don't think I could have done much more than that and I still have no idea how the hell I'll get anywhere close to 100.  But I'll continue to trust the process.
I'm about to start week 5 day 2 and it looks similar to what you're already doing. Instead of 5 sets of 30 plus, I am supposed to switch to eight sets with shorter rest but fewer reps per set, and a bigger final set that I honestly don't think I could do if it were my first set, so I'll probably have to repeat:

That's not that far from what you're already doing 

I'm about to start week 5 day 2 and it looks similar to what you're already doing. Instead of 5 sets of 30 plus, I am supposed to switch to eight sets with shorter rest but fewer reps per set, and a bigger final set that I honestly don't think I could do if it were my first set, so I'll probably have to repeat:

That's not that far from what you're already doing 
But do you think that you'll get to a 100?  I can do 40 every day (maybe even 50) but I don't see how I can get to a 100 TBH.  I know you said that you've been getting a lot stronger so maybe it's possible.  That just seems so daunting physically and mentally.  But I'm having fun with the challenge.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread