What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (15 Viewers)

Alright let me go back a few pages and update the list of participants.  I really don't care how we do it, whatever will make folks happy, keep us all motivated, and give us some shtick/entertainment possibilities along the way.

Folks raising some good points here about the money thing.  I thought maybe the before and after pics might resolve that, but of course what's to stop someone from finding some before and after pics somewhere on the internet and claiming it's them?  (Hold a penny perhaps??)

Anyway, I'm happy to do this without the money.  I'm not here for the money; I'm here for the glory of victory and the chance to call you guys fatties, as well as the chance to feel young and handsome again.  Or I'm happy to do it with money.  Up to you guys.

And BnB can pry that American dollar from my cold dead hands.  (What was the bet?  Do you take faxes of pennies?)
Only if they are wheat pennies

That works great for me too.  Would others be on board with that?  Look at it this way: you're about to get stopped by the O-dawg, you might as well get a tax write-off.  Ammiright?

And this means I don't need to hold everyone's loot.  Which would rule.  We'll all just post receipts showing the donations at the end.
I'm in for charity - no offense to you slobs.  I'm starting tomorrow - need to start pigging out.

I am in for the challenge regardless of the money situation.

My official weigh in will be tomorrow morning in the buck.  

I know as of this morning I was roughly:

5'11" ish

42% lard HOLY SHEETTSSSS

My arsenal:

25# Kettlebell

Cannondale Mountain Bike

Blender

I find it interesting how diet bet vets their weights.  They have "judges" review the pics.

https://www.dietbet.com/kickstarter/how-it-works

I like the charity aspect better too.

A) Weeds out disingenuous individuals

B) Good shtick

C) Good cause

Dont think it was about the money for anyone anyways.

Open to either though, whatever you guys want to do.

Charity is cool also.

I would rather snail mail Otis $100 worth of Pesos.  You have one of those coinstart machines by you Oat?

We could always set up a secure google sheet with the before/after shots only participants can access.  I'd volunteer to set it up if you want. 

THREAD UPDATE: FOR 2017 WEIGHT LOSS CHARITY CONTEST

Ok gents, we're rolling with a new diet contest, starting today.  Modified rules and players list below.  I will update over the course of today.  For you to be in the contest, you need to confirm in the thread that you are IN by the end of the day today, 1/1/17

NOTE THE BELOW TRUMPS ALL OLDER VERSIONS OF THE CONTEST RULES THAT APPEARED THROUGHOUT THE THREAD:

--> Because of cstu, we can't have nice things.  So, rather than make this a contest to take each others' money, we're going to have proceeds donated by each contestant to the winner's and runner-up's charities of choice.  This isn't about the money anyway; it's about the glory of winning, the gloating and shtick possibilities, and all of us perhaps drawing some interest from our wives again.  This will disincentivize cheating to take the money, and we'll be doing a little good for someone else out in the world. 

NEW AND IMPROVED CONTEST RULES:

• $100 buy-in.  You don't send it to me; everyone holds their own hundred dollars like non-cstu big boys wearing big boy pants.   
  • Winner and runner-up decide charities of their choice.  70% to the winner's charity; 30% to the runner-up's charity.  Good causes welcome, and shtick/pseudo-good-cause charities also welcome.
  • 3-month contest.  Two optional weigh-in/weigh-out dates -- start on whichever date you prefer, just make it clear in the thread when you do your initial weigh-in:

Initial weigh in on 1/1, weigh out on 3/31, OR
  • Initial weigh in on 1/2, weigh out on 4/1

[*]Winner determined based on percent of total weight lost

[*]Must do regular checkins with progress.  No showing up 3 months later and being all "HAHA SURPRISE, I LOST A BRZILLION POUNDS I WIN"

[*]No you can't do your first weigh-in with sand in your pockets--all weigh-ins must be totally naked, for god to smile down on you in all your fat splendor.

[*]We're on the honor system.  Not the cstu honor system, but like, actual honor.  So don't be a Richard.

[*]Otis will arbitrate any dispute in his sole O-discretion.  

Updated contestant listing for those in for the charity payouts (others also welcome to play along):

1. Otis
  2. James Daulton
  3. Tiger Fan
  4. ProstheticRGK
  5. Woz
  6. kutta
  7. AcerFC
  8. matuski
  9. Sabertooth
  10. East Coast Bias
  11. glvsav37
  12. fantasycurse42
  13. Yankee23Fan
  14. BassNBrew
  15. AAABatteries
  16. ragincajun
  17. ditka...mike ditka
  18. Keerock
  19. Sabertooth
  20. rick6668
  21. Mister CIA
  22. chet
  23. shadyridr?
  24. rascal?
  25. Annyong?
  26. Cold Dead Hands?
  27. belljr?
  28. cheeseypoof?
I edited the first post with the rules and list of participants (on the money/charity portion).  Quoted here above for posterity.  I have question marks next to some folks who I wasn't sure are interested in buying in or not--if we don't hear confirmation from those folks by tomorrow I'll assume they're out.  Since we're allowing starting weigh-ins tomorrow, we can probably extend entries till then too.  If anyone else is interested, post now or forever hold your fat gut.  We've change the parameters a bit here since we first started the list, so if anyone of you heartless bastards decides you now want OUT since it isn't about cheating us out of our money I mean winning money, let us know.

We could always set up a secure google sheet with the before/after shots only participants can access.  I'd volunteer to set it up if you want. 
I'm embarrassed to look at myself in a mirror.  I'm not sure I need those pictures floating around the intertube.  Let's do before and after pictures, and we can have just the winners send those to me alone (and perhaps two other folks who are well out of the running, whom I will elect at contest end) to confirm the results.  That way we don't need all of our pictures of all of our fat rears floating around.  That work?

Sounds like good clean fun, especially the naked weigh-ins.  Unfortunately, I don't weigh enough to have a prayer.  What type of percentage might it take to win this thing?

Honor system we would've had 75 entrants by end of day.

For $5k to the winner, would've actually been great watching the biggest cheaters try and outdo each other. Every week would've been better than the next. 

Final winner would've gone from 280 to 125 in 3 months.

GB, do it.  Momentum is a powerful force.  If you jump on board and three months from now you're made a ton of progress towards your goal, that will motivate you to keep going.  It'll be good for you overall.  And as noted, this is just the beginning.  We can start another round later.

Forget about the money part, just join the challenge. 
Yeah the money doesn't really motivate me. Me not fitting in my pants and wanting to cry every morning is motivation enough. I'll weigh in and join the challenge but no money for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Need an aria. 

Was in for money but 2800 seems like too much for healthy loss. Heck, even I would try to cut like a wrestler for that. 

I say drop the buy in or figure something else out. My 2 cents. 

Still in

krista4 said:
Seriously?  Oats, this dude has been around the board for ages.  Used to help him out in the dating threads.  I'll personally vouch for him.

Also, are there any side wagers being placed on this?  I'd like to place $$$ on matuski, depending upon odds.  (I know, I know...7-1)
I'm pretty sure 100% of us trust Otis with the money. It's the trust factor of other people lying about their weigh ins. 

I'm in with the changes. I was planning on doing a before picture with me on the scale with a penny anyway. 

I think my only gripe is that I'd still like to see the money submitted now rather than later. That makes it serious/real for me and I'll need the motivation. 

krista4 said:
Fair enough.  While I threw out the initial thought for this, I dont really think I had a chance anyway given my current weight.  Ill sit this one out but will still follow along and post updates just to follow along.  Good luck to all involved!
Seriously?  Oats, this dude has been around the board for ages.  Used to help him out in the dating threads.  I'll personally vouch for him.

Also, are there any side wagers being placed on this?  I'd like to place $$$ on matuski, depending upon odds.  (I know, I know...7-1)
To be fair, there are a lot of Ditkas on this message board.

I'm confused now. Is this happening? Everybody's throwing in 100 and winner gets to call the charity it goes to? Or are we all just holding hands, singing kumbaya, and doing this "for fun"? 

I need to know as I have quite the gluttonous menu lined up for today but am feeling a bit ill so I need to know whether to gorge myself or spend the day hydrating and eating chicken noodle soup. 

I'm confused now. Is this happening? Everybody's throwing in 100 and winner gets to call the charity it goes to? Or are we all just holding hands, singing kumbaya, and doing this "for fun"? 

I need to know as I have quite the gluttonous menu lined up for today but am feeling a bit ill so I need to know whether to gorge myself or spend the day hydrating and eating chicken noodle soup. 
Otis laid it out in his post, nobody has to pay anything now - at the end the two winners will let the fatties know where to send their donations. Good cause, good shtick, etc. 

Not participating but I PM'd Otis a pic of me naked on the scale, with full wood. YWGB :thumbup:  
I'll pay $100 for the pics.

im in regardless of the format. And none of you all have a chance of beating me- I am a thing unto iron with a singular will that can bore like a diamond studded laser through any obstacle that stands between my goal and I. 

Otis laid it out in his post, nobody has to pay anything now - at the end the two winners will let the fatties know where to send their donations. Good cause, good shtick, etc. 
I disagree with the not paying anything now part of this but okay let's do this. 

I disagree with the not paying anything now part of this but okay let's do this. 
What are you proposing? We all send Otis $100 and then he handles the charity - I don't see the purpose of that, plus unnecessary work for him.

If someone doesn't want to send $100 to charity at the end, well then #### them.

What are you proposing? We all send Otis $100 and then he handles the charity - I don't see the purpose of that, plus unnecessary work for him.

If someone doesn't want to send $100 to charity at the end, well then #### them.
Yes, basically, or do some sort of league safe thing. 

I'm a competitive guy who likes to know the stakes and know they're set. The act of paying will/would motivate me. 

I'm ambivalent.  If folks want me to collect and instantly spend all this loot, I'm happy to.  But really, I trust you folks not to take food from the mouths of the orphans.  

First two baked potatoes down.  

For the kids looking to play along at home, here's how you win a major award, get handsome, and attract the babes:

• Russet potato
  • Get out a baking sheet.  Cover with aluminum foil.  Spray once over with avocado oil spray
  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Put potato on sheet
  • Stick a fork in it three times
  • Spray potato on with sides with a light pass of avocado oil; then liberally cover in sea salt and black pepper on both sides
  • Put in oven; tell Alexa to set a timer for 75 minutes
  • Once finished, take out of oven, cut open, a very light spritz of avocado oil on the inside, with some more salt and peppter
  • Enjoy potato, and enjoy the adoring looks from all your lady friends
Easy peazy, Japaneazy 

Users who are viewing this thread