Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Otis fad diet thread — Also rowing, yoga and pillows (and let’s not be fat)

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Otis

• AAABatteries

• bostonfred

• DA RAIDERS

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woke up today at 324.6 lbs.  Down 29.4 lbs since the end of November.  At this point all I've done is change my eating habits. Smaller portions, better choices, as little refined sugar as possible, tr

Finally reached my first goal of 208 lbs I'd set based on the trainer's body fat measurements.  Far from obese but I'm not exactly svelte either.  Will lose another pound or two so I'm firmly below 20

I see the obvious problem here. A guy whose magnum opus on FBGs starts with "so I loan this chick I don't know 3 racks" called BS on me for saying I averaged a loss of 8 lbs a week on a diet. That is 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Not participating but I PM'd Otis a pic of me naked on the scale, with full wood. YWGB :thumbup: 

I'll pay $100 for the pics.

im in regardless of the format. And none of you all have a chance of beating me- I am a thing unto iron with a singular will that can bore like a diamond studded laser through any obstacle that stands between my goal and I. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Otis laid it out in his post, nobody has to pay anything now - at the end the two winners will let the fatties know where to send their donations. Good cause, good shtick, etc. 

I disagree with the not paying anything now part of this but okay let's do this. 

1 minute ago, Zow said:

I disagree with the not paying anything now part of this but okay let's do this. 

What are you proposing? We all send Otis $100 and then he handles the charity - I don't see the purpose of that, plus unnecessary work for him.

If someone doesn't want to send $100 to charity at the end, well then #### them.

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

What are you proposing? We all send Otis $100 and then he handles the charity - I don't see the purpose of that, plus unnecessary work for him.

If someone doesn't want to send $100 to charity at the end, well then #### them.

Yes, basically, or do some sort of league safe thing. 

I'm a competitive guy who likes to know the stakes and know they're set. The act of paying will/would motivate me. 

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

I'm ambivalent.  If folks want me to collect and instantly spend all this loot, I'm happy to.  But really, I trust you folks not to take food from the mouths of the orphans.  

First two baked potatoes down.  

For the kids looking to play along at home, here's how you win a major award, get handsome, and attract the babes:

• Russet potato
  • Get out a baking sheet.  Cover with aluminum foil.  Spray once over with avocado oil spray
  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Put potato on sheet
  • Stick a fork in it three times
  • Spray potato on with sides with a light pass of avocado oil; then liberally cover in sea salt and black pepper on both sides
  • Put in oven; tell Alexa to set a timer for 75 minutes
  • Once finished, take out of oven, cut open, a very light spritz of avocado oil on the inside, with some more salt and peppter
  • Enjoy potato, and enjoy the adoring looks from all your lady friends

Easy peazy, Japaneazy 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

Within a minute of posting my stats, I got a notification from the McDonald's app on my iPhone.  Today is Panther's game day and I can celebrate with a buy 1 get 1 free quarter pounder with cheese. 

This seems like a terrible thing to have on your phone

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Zow said:

Yes, basically, or do some sort of league safe thing. 

I'm a competitive guy who likes to know the stakes and know they're set. The act of paying will/would motivate me. 

League safe? We're making charitable donations - if someone doesn't pay $100 to charity, that's some CSTU kinda stuff.

I see no point in any of that, but if you want I'll send to Otis.

I don't get this. Pretty simple:

- weight from 1/2 - 4/1 ... based on total percent lost

- $100 donation from the losers to the top 2 winner's charity of choice

There, just summed it up in two lines. Nobody wants in for the charity?

• Like 1
Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

I don't get this. Pretty simple:

- weight from 1/2 - 4/1 ... based on total percent lost

- $100 donation from the losers to the top 2 winner's charity of choice

There, just summed it up in two lines. Nobody wants in for the charity?

Yes I think most people are still in for the charity.   Only one previous yes (Sabertooth) has dropped out so far.

13 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

League safe? We're making charitable donations - if someone doesn't pay $100 to charity, that's some CSTU kinda stuff.

I see no point in any of that, but if you want I'll send to Otis.

It's all good. I think I'm in the minirity here. 

In for the charity thingy.

Weighed 208.8 this morning - my highest in a year. That's not official though. I'm going to pack on another pound or so today by eating a last-hurrah burrito from Ricardo's and do my official weigh tomorrow.

• Like 2

The Last Supper:

• Black-eyed peas with smoke pork sausage served over Royal Blend rice (white, brown, wild and red)
  • Grilled chicken breast - took out of the freezer Thursday, so need to cook today (not something I normally prepare on NYD)
  • Spinach w/bacon
  • Cabbage dumplings w/Mornay sauce
  • Polenta
Edited by Mister CIA
15 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I'm still in but I liked it much better when it was a friendly bet between innerweb ibuddies.  I was looking forward to spending Otis's ill gotten loot.

I'm more excited to get you ####ers to donate to the charities you prob hate. That Otis Pit Bull charity would be excellent shtick.

Edited by fantasycurse42
46 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Pretty sure Otis makes enough loot and would be easy enough to doxx (not that I have that info) that nobody has anything to worry about with him providing escrow services.

haven't read the previous pages, but people don't trust Otis? 

Thanks, CSTU

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I'm still in but I liked it much better when it was a friendly bet between innerweb ibuddies.  I was looking forward to spending Otis's ill gotten loot.

This.. call me an #####, but I give to charity all the time.  

I don't get to take fantasy football message board legends' money..... well, ever, to date.  This was motivating.

Edited by matuski
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm more excited to get you ####ers to donate to the charities you prob hate. That Otis Pit Bull charity would be excellent shtick.

:D I was actually already planning on spending your money on a meal of every kind of potato served at a restaurant and posting a pic of the dinner receipt. With me holding the receipt, wearing an old Casio calculator watch.

well, It made me laugh.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, matuski said:

This.. call me an #####, but I give to charity all the time.  

I don't get to take fantasy football message board legends' money..... well, ever, to date.  This was motivating.

Well you would get the value of the tax write off and being a FBG should be about 40%.

14 minutes ago, The Gator said:

haven't read the previous pages, but people don't trust Otis? 

Thanks, CSTU

Everyone trusts Otis, although it would be the greatest schtick ever for him to take the money and run.

Contest swelled from like 10 to 25 and I'd bet we'd be at like 40 by end of the day on the honor system.

To be realistic, I'm sure someone here would be slightly dishonest for like $3k, it is what it is. 

• Like 4

I don't have a scale, and I'm not really looking to lose a bunch of weight, but I do think checking in on this thread helps me be healthier.  When I read these posts I think "let's not drink/eat garbage, let's be healthy instead" and that's a pretty useful guiding light.  So I'll keep checking in here, even though I can't really participate.  But hopefully I'm looking my best in 3 months, anyway.

Gluttonous day slowed by this apparent winter cold that came on strong this morning. Not happy about this. Will be even less happy if I'm still feeling sick tomorrow. 

I am well over 400 lbs and I recently turned 40 and this is the year I am going to freaking do something about it. I'm tired of making excuses. I'm tired of deluding myself into thinking that I "carry the weight well" on my 6'7 frame. I really want to make a significant change and I hope it's not too late. Not going to buy in to the 3 month contest because I need to make a wholesale lifestyle change, not just work towards short-term gains. (losses)  I think a LCHF plan is probably my best bet, but I am more than willing to listen to advice from FBGs thinner than me. (Pretty much everyone then.)

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Donny Loved Bowling said:

I am well over 400 lbs and I recently turned 40 and this is the year I am going to freaking do something about it. I'm tired of making excuses. I'm tired of deluding myself into thinking that I "carry the weight well" on my 6'7 frame. I really want to make a significant change and I hope it's not too late. Not going to buy in to the 3 month contest because I need to make a wholesale lifestyle change, not just work towards short-term gains. (losses)  I think a LCHF plan is probably my best bet, but I am more than willing to listen to advice from FBGs thinner than me. (Pretty much everyone then.)

Why don't you join in and post your progress just for fun. The accountability might help keep you on track.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Donny Loved Bowling said:

Yeah, c'mon down. I want to see how you progress.

I'm Pseudo-in. Again no money but will update and check in here. Will begin 1/3. Will do the first 21 days doing the Purium Cleanse which is normally a 10 day program. Then will take a bday or two of real food and reassess based on progress to that point. Likely just healthy eating and excercise. Will figure it out later. 

26 minutes ago, kutta said:

Why don't you join in and post your progress just for fun. The accountability might help keep you on track.

Agreed. Don't try and win though. Slow and steady wins the race. 

• Like 1
  • Otis changed the title to Otis fad diet thread — Also rowing, yoga and pillows (and let’s not be fat)