What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

I know its not perfect, but last time I lost weight using myfitnesspal, all I worried about was calorie count. I often went over on sugars (mostly due to fruit and yogurts and occasional sweet snacks. Lost almost 60 lbs in 7 months.
Thanks!  This is helpful.  I think the tracking what I eat will try and keep me from scarfing down one of these.  Man that looks good.

I know its not perfect, but last time I lost weight using myfitnesspal, all I worried about was calorie count. I often went over on sugars (mostly due to fruit and yogurts and occasional sweet snacks. Lost almost 60 lbs in 7 months.
Counting calories is how I lose weight.  Myfitnesspal works great for that.  I think I am going to get back to the app because I truly hate dieting and that app helps.  Fortunately, I am too vain to ever let myself go and do not envy all of you that are facing the task of trying to lose a lot of weight.  Drink lots of water. 

Counting calories is how I lose weight.  Myfitnesspal works great for that.  I think I am going to get back to the app because I truly hate dieting and that app helps.  Fortunately, I am too vain to ever let myself go and do not envy all of you that are facing the task of trying to lose a lot of weight.  Drink lots of water. 
Yep - I try to cut out as much sweets as I can and watch what I eat.  I don't do the 20 carbs a day thing.   I have in the past but it's not fun for me anymore

weight watchers is getting really close to the range of a 80/20 paleo.  They have consistently raised the % of calories from protein over the last 15 years and now basically have banned sugar.

In the 90s their macro was in the range of 20P/20F/60C  now the range last I checked pins it at 35/25/40 and based on the point system you could easily hit 45/x/x if using lots of lean protein and stay in their points, that was never possible in the past really..

The only major philosophical differences they have now with the core tenets of paleo is that they consider saturated fat in the same category of trans fat.  I assume that will be their next change.  

I drank 40oz of just water yesterday.    I know that isn't a lot but for me that is HUGE.  I had 20oz of coffee in the morning.  16 oz of unsweet tea at lunch and the 40oz water.

I don't usually drink much during the day,  so this was a good day

Yep - I try to cut out as much sweets as I can and watch what I eat.  I don't do the 20 carbs a day thing.   I have in the past but it's not fun for me anymore
I agree.  It isn't fun.  But it really does help me out in the hunger pangs area.   If I get a sweet tooth, I take a couple shots of redi whip.  Seems to do the trick.  The insulin spikes are what get me.  If I am on sugar, I am liable to get hangry at any moment.  Then I just devour 1000 calories like nothing.  That just doesn't happen when I'm on keto. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I drank 40oz of just water yesterday.    I know that isn't a lot but for me that is HUGE.  I had 20oz of coffee in the morning.  16 oz of unsweet tea at lunch and the 40oz water.

I don't usually drink much during the day,  so this was a good day
If we ever hold a competition to see who can drink the most liquids in a day, you're sure to be one of the favorites.  

I agree.  It isn't fun.  But it really does help me out in the hunger pangs area.   If I get a sweet tooth, I take a couple shots of redi whip.  Seems to do the trick.  The insulin spikes are what get me.  If I am on sugar, I am liable to get hangry at any moment.  Then I just devour 1000 calories like nothing.  That just doesn't happen when I'm on keto. 
At lunch I'll usually grap some brown rice or something with my chicken and that's just not feasible always, for me to stay below that range

Same here with the redi whip.   Seems to do the trick.   On the other hand, something like chocolate chips although delicious do nothing to satiate me so I keep going back for more which is a disaster. 

At lunch I'll usually grap some brown rice or something with my chicken and that's just not feasible always, for me to stay below that range
I am going to start doing intermittent fasting once I am keto adapted (thinking two weeks).  I will have a 6 hour eating window.  I think 4:00-10:00 would work best for me.    

Same here with the redi whip.   Seems to do the trick.   On the other hand, something like chocolate chips although delicious do nothing to satiate me so I keep going back for more which is a disaster. 
Yeah, easy to plow through 300 calories worth of chocolate.  But that's about 2.5 cups of redi whip.  That would make me puke I'd be so full.  

At work I have a 40oz water cup and 20oz coffee cup. Generally have 1-2 of water (3 on a bad day) and 2 of coffee (3 on a bad day). Then I have 1-2 more at home over the course of the evening... so guessing I'm usually good for 125-150oz water and 30-60oz coffee. 

So you guys are saying if I start actually drinking normal amounts of water - all this weight should just fall off.....

Slow and steady is going to win this for me.

~1950 calories consumed + 1 500-1000 calorie workout daily.

I find I am able to stay well under MFP's goals for carbs and fat, easily over on protein... but according to MFP my sodium is WAY over the recommended amounts (yesterday 3600 versus 2300 goal)?

It is putting an obscene amount of sodium on my potatoe wedges which I really don't over salt/season.  Hoping that is it.

I find I am able to stay well under MFP's goals for carbs and fat, easily over on protein... but according to MFP my sodium is WAY over the recommended amounts (yesterday 3600 versus 2300 goal)?

It is putting an obscene amount of sodium on my potatoe wedges which I really don't over salt/season.  Hoping that is it.
You can adjust the macros on MFP as well. I have mine set at 40/30/30

You guys realize you always lose a ton of weight the first week. Its mostly water weight.
Certainly my issue.  Workout for 3 days, lose 5 lbs.  Take one day off, eat light, and it all comes flooding back in somehow.  I think I suck it directly from the air.

My current theory is that salt is a factor in overeating. It makes food taste better so you eat more of it. More food. More weight and more issues. 

Salt inn and of itself may not be the worst thing or something worth freaking out about. There are bigger worries. 

My current theory is that salt is a factor in overeating. It makes food taste better so you eat more of it. More food. More weight and more issues. 

Salt inn and of itself may not be the worst thing or something worth freaking out about. There are bigger worries. 
I don't disagree.. I'm more questioning MFP's stats.  Obviously I can't find the exact potatoe recipe so I am just picking a homemade potatoe wedge they have loaded.  If it is homemade you are kind of fudging it.

It is the homemade line items that are blowing up my sodium numbers, and I am intentionally using very little seasoning and salt. :shrug:

I'm still trying to figure out this 7 toe configuration.  The pinky toes are obviously going but what about that last one?  I'm right-footed so I'm thinking the (current) middle toe on my left foot.  However, IMO, its my best looking toe.  It's also my hairiest which would be a factor except for the wax/no hair plan.  I'll upload my scale pic and see if you guys have input.  TIA.

At work I have a 40oz water cup and 20oz coffee cup. Generally have 1-2 of water (3 on a bad day) and 2 of coffee (3 on a bad day). Then I have 1-2 more at home over the course of the evening... so guessing I'm usually good for 125-150oz water and 30-60oz coffee. 
That is solid.  I drink about a gallon of water each day as well.  There are a lot of benefits for drinking enough water each day.   

I don't disagree.. I'm more questioning MFP's stats.  Obviously I can't find the exact potatoe recipe so I am just picking a homemade potatoe wedge they have loaded.  If it is homemade you are kind of fudging it.

It is the homemade line items that are blowing up my sodium numbers, and I am intentionally using very little seasoning and salt. :shrug:
Why can't you actually weigh/spoon it and do it that way?  When I used MFP that was the easiest way to manage it if you did the same meal prep stuff all the time.  

I started using MFP linked up with my fitbit again.  I'm not sure how the "excercise" calories are generated from the fitbit...but they save vastle overblown.  Yesterday, I had about 9000 steps, which it converted in to 890 calories burned.  However when I did 45 minutes of circuit training at Orange Theory on Tuesday, that was about 600 calories (using the Orange Theory heart rate monitor).

When I had MFP/fitbit linked up previously (about 3 months ago), I don't remember those types of #s.

Any insight?

Why can't you actually weigh/spoon it and do it that way?  When I used MFP that was the easiest way to manage it if you did the same meal prep stuff all the time.  
I kind of do.. that is how I know that it is better than what MFP inputs, so when i use what MFP recipe inputs and try to stay in MFP guidelines - I come out ahead.

I started using MFP linked up with my fitbit again.  I'm not sure how the "excercise" calories are generated from the fitbit...but they save vastle overblown.  Yesterday, I had about 9000 steps, which it converted in to 890 calories burned.  However when I did 45 minutes of circuit training at Orange Theory on Tuesday, that was about 600 calories (using the Orange Theory heart rate monitor).

When I had MFP/fitbit linked up previously (about 3 months ago), I don't remember those types of #s.

Any insight?
In my experience, MFP always overestimates calories burned on exercise.

Any insight?
I would just not take any calories from walking.  Or set the step length such that 10,000 steps is about 100 calories.  

:lmao:  Thanks to my flu-like symptoms and despite my slight cheat snack last night, I'm down to 229.2 this morning. :lmao:  

Easily 4-5 lbs of that comes back probably once I start actually feel better/hungry.  Working today but still nowhere near 100%.  Hoping to be there by the weekend which is when I plan on getting back into a regular workout routine (thinking P90x and lots of running).  The additional hunger combined with the fact that my in-laws are coming to town for four days starting tomorrow - they love to just go out and buy everybody crap to eat (donuts in the morning, baked goods/cookies or whatever at night plus loads of alcohol and usually a dinner or two out) - and this will start to get hard. 

:lmao:  Thanks to my flu-like symptoms and despite my slight cheat snack last night, I'm down to 229.2 this morning. :lmao:  

Easily 4-5 lbs of that comes back probably once I start actually feel better/hungry.  Working today but still nowhere near 100%.  Hoping to be there by the weekend which is when I plan on getting back into a regular workout routine (thinking P90x and lots of running).  The additional hunger combined with the fact that my in-laws are coming to town for four days starting tomorrow - they love to just go out and buy everybody crap to eat (donuts in the morning, baked goods/cookies or whatever at night plus loads of alcohol and usually a dinner or two out) - and this will start to get hard. 
That's what she said...

Woz, take this from someone who's been following your "dieting" exploits for the last year or so.  It seems to me you overdue the exercise thing.  It's always P90X or Crossfit or something else super intense.  How about focusing on keeping your eating in check while doing a reasonable workout a couple days per week?  Maybe you'll be less tired and hungry and more easily able to keep your eating in check.  JMHO from reading your posts. 

Users who are viewing this thread