What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (10 Viewers)

Did a 24 hour fast between 5:30PM Sunday and 5:30PM Monday.  It wasn't even hard.  I am still doing Keto diet so I think that makes it much easier.  I was low energy but that can possibly be attributed to having a new puppy and getting up 3 times in the middle of the night.  I think I am going to make this part of my weekly routine.  I did pull off an addition .6 pounds in a day which was nice too.  

I might go for a 36+ fast in a few weeks.  I figure stop eating at dinner on Sunday, then don't eat anything until breakfast on Tuesday.  It's also a nice mental challenge.  But to be honest I didn't even really get hungry until my eggs were cooking last night.  

Lifted this AM.  40 minutes on the elliptical this AM.  Cooked the wife and daughter breakfast this AM.  Currently working and bringing home mad cash (ok maybe more annoyed than mad cash tbh).

Lets Go!

4 x 10 min (aerodyne, row, treadmill, spin bike) with 7/10's of a mile walk.  728 cal burned.

Rewarding myself with 4 egg whites and in honer of Otis, a potato pancake.  270 cal.

Starting Taters today....  oven roasted a huge bowl of wedged yellow and red potatoes. Dusted lightly with salt, and liberally with garlic powder, black pepper, and oregano. then roasted till firm and slightly charred. 

B: 10oz Roasted Potatoes
L: 10oz Roasted Potatoes
D: 10oz Roasted Potatoes + 6oz Mashed potatoes

Doubling down on water intake during the tater process too... Would love a good weigh in tomorrow to land at 13+ lbs down in the first 14 days. Going for a run tonight. 

Good job guys. Looks like I was the only idiot who went backwards. I was in one of my most gluttonous environments and I couldn't resist. 

My weekend really was a great microcosm of how you can out eat any exercise routine. I started diverting from the diet last Thursday. Really went off the rails over the weekend (although I honestly did consume less than I would have pre contest). Despite that I ran 5k twice, played 6 games of softball (the serious business kind), an hour of full court basketball, and 27 holes plus range time. Still gained like 3 lbs. 

Good job guys. Looks like I was the only idiot who went backwards. I was in one of my most gluttonous environments and I couldn't resist. 

My weekend really was a great microcosm of how you can out eat any exercise routine. I started diverting from the diet last Thursday. Really went off the rails over the weekend (although I honestly did consume less than I would have pre contest). Despite that I ran 5k twice, played 6 games of softball (the serious business kind), an hour of full court basketball, and 27 holes plus range time. Still gained like 3 lbs. 
You had to be consuming 6000 cal plus a day to gain 3 lbs with that amount of exercise.

Jesus dude! I always thought of you as a pretty fit guy based on the pictures you shared during your Hamline days. What happened to you?
Three major things happened in 2011-2012. Met my wife (so I stopped caring about my diet), blew out my knee (couldn't run for six months, causing my cardio to significantly drop and I never got it back), and joined a private practice which gave me the opportunity to make Fbg money provided I work more hours (meaning less time to workout/play sports and more money to go out to eat and buy copious amounts of alcohol). Plus I have never been overweight in my life so I was in complete denial of the gain and had no idea how bad it was until I stepped on the scale in like spring 2015 and weighed 244. 

Salt. Had lots of food with salt the last couple of days. 
Nothing makes me crazier than seeing people shower their food with salt. Most foods already have plenty of salt. And I'll see people just pouring it all over a basket of chips or on top of their burger. It just kills me.

Congrats to everyone sticking with this. 

I joke around about this crap because, well, it's my defense mechanism.  Truth is, I have a family that I desperately want to spend as much time with as I possibly can before I am called home for good.  And they are worth it. 

Although now that I'm thinking about it my son isn't nearly as entertaining as he used to be and I have a $150 bottle of bourbon in my bar just calling my name...... no, no, gonna be good.  Better man.  All that jazz.  Seriously, one of my kids better cure cancer or something. 

Nothing makes me crazier than seeing people shower their food with salt. Most foods already have plenty of salt. And I'll see people just pouring it all over a basket of chips or on top of their burger. It just kills me.
Kills you?  Why does it kill you?  I'm a salt glutton, which is why the Keto diet is perfect for me.  I can consume as much salt as I want!!

Same here.  Until going on this potato run, I never added salt to anything besides when I'm cooking.  My wife makes eggs for the kids and puts salt on them.  I pretty much eat anything that's left over, but I couldn't eat those.   

Dinner last night, potatoes, cut in fry shape, tossed with seasoned salt and cayenne and roasted in the oven on parchment.

A little ketchup to go with.  Was satisfied.  May try this potato thing soon.

Breakfast, oatmeal, yogurt and blueberries

Lunch, Romaine and tomatoes with lemon juice, sides of celery, carrots, mini peppers and cucumber.  2 medium potatoes.  Apple.

Keeping a catalog of pics.  I'll ask the gym manager if they can print card key access date.
Id love to see a side by side pic of 2 weeks ago vs today. 20 lbs is noticable. Do people ask you if you have AIDS?

jk obviously. Keep doing what works for you. I would be very concerned about organ shutdown if it were me.

No, but I was just looking at one a couple days ago. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. They work well? Not too big a hassle to clean up? 
We were given one for Christmas. Very simple to clean, it really does use as little oil as it says. We've made french fries a few times and just made home fries on the weekend, they're really good. I've found cooking a little longer than the suggested time gives them a nice crispness that I enjoy.

I guess the thing that is different from baking them is that they recommend cutting the potatoes to the shape/size you want, then rinsing them after they've been cut in water to remove as much starch as possible, then drying them out as much as you possibly can to ensure they crisp up. This is obviously a but more work than just slicing and throwing them in the oven but it does work very well and I'm a huge french fry guy.

proninja said:
Actually, salt makes food taste more like itself unless you totally overdo it. It amplifies the flavors that already exist in the food you're eating, save for bitterness, which it masks. If you google "salt flavor amplifier" or something similar you'll find lots of information and probably learn something. Certainly you can add salt to the point where all you taste is salt, but imo most people under-salt their food (assuming made from scratch.)
Just lol at the guys hating on salt.  Enjoy your bland food.  As for me, I'll add salt when I cook until it brings out the flavor as Ninja noted.  Oh and I'll drink plenty of water, exercise, and maintain a reasonable weight.  If I had a Cardiologist he'd pat me on the back.

You should see the amount of black pepper I put on stuff.  On sandwiches I'll open up the "pour" side and make it black.  I hope it's good for you or I'm in trouble.  

@fantasycurse42

OFFICIAL WEEK 2 WEIGH-IN

Starting Weight: 246.6

Last Week: 250

Current Weight: 240
####### huge turnaround!  Did you cut off a leg here?

Users who are viewing this thread