Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Otis fad diet thread — Now kind of a rowing thread (but also let’s not be fat)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woke up today at 324.6 lbs.  Down 29.4 lbs since the end of November.  At this point all I've done is change my eating habits. Smaller portions, better choices, as little refined sugar as possible, tr

Finally reached my first goal of 208 lbs I'd set based on the trainer's body fat measurements.  Far from obese but I'm not exactly svelte either.  Will lose another pound or two so I'm firmly below 20

I see the obvious problem here. A guy whose magnum opus on FBGs starts with "so I loan this chick I don't know 3 racks" called BS on me for saying I averaged a loss of 8 lbs a week on a diet. That is 

Posted Images

I’ve gotta say yoga has been helping a lot this week.  I’ve had a very bad sore throat this week that has really made me feel weak.  I tried 30 minutes of body combat yesterday (normally do 45-55 minutes) and could only finish 15 before having to stop.  Yoga has kept me active.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

An early morning with a lot of hectic stuff getting the dog fed, walked, over to the stupid doggy daycare place, getting the girls fed, and getting the girls ready for the day, as Mrs. O and I are about to jump in the car for a day trip.  Lots of good reasons I could blow today off.

 

Instead I crept upstairs to the attic at 6 while everyone was sleeping and did Day 4 with Sophia, focusing on back cracking (easiest one so far I must say, and my downward dog may even be improving), and then went and snuck in a row ( @eaganwildcats -- this was a quick one, and it was really poorly explained, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do with it, but it ended up being less than 10 minutes; basically they keep throwing 100 meters at you and you have to finish it in shorter and shorter time -- I was only able to do 1k, because I didn't pace myself, the explanation was horrible and I didn't know what I was looking at, so I just pulled all out for the first couple hundred meters; it then dawned on my what the game was; I'm sure I could have gone a couple thousand more meters had I known... anyway...  other weird blip -- it says my next workout up is the first one with Eric Murray; like the very intro one.  WTF?  I've gone into some terrible asensei program loop nobody ever caught in testing, and it's giving me weird crap... not sure how to resolve ... I'll figure it out tomorrow, but I really don't want to redo the easy intro workouts at this point...)

I splurged and had two (2) hard boiled eggs for breakfast with my coffee.  Figure it'll help me make less bad choices while on the road.  

Go get 'em today gang.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Otis said:

Mrs. O and I are about to jump in the car for a day trip. 

I splurged and had two (2) hard boiled eggs for breakfast with my coffee.  

You should stop for bran muffins and chili while you're at it. 

Does she have an n95?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bostonfred said:

 

The advanced flow today is a short flow for the arms, only 15 minutes and not very intense, so I'm  going to call an audible here and have you do day 6 of the 2015 flow instead (or in addition, if you're looking for a longer workout). This is entitled six pack abs and it has more of those yogi bicycles we did yesterday, plus a bunch of other good core strength exercises.  I actually love the little stir thing she does later in the flow.  https://youtu.be/tWPpdP4IhEY.  Tomorrow and the next day are 45 minutes and 60 minutes, so enjoy the shorter practice today - or do the original plan with https://youtu.be/7agiIk9KgyI - or maybe both.

 

I did the one from the program instead of the audible, and it was actually harder for me than any of the first three.  When it comes to me...flexibility?  Check.  Core strength?  Check.  Balance?  Check-ish. Upper body strength?  None.  So all those push-ups were really difficult for me.

I'll try to do the other one later today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krista4 said:

I did the one from the program instead of the audible, and it was actually harder for me than any of the first three.  When it comes to me...flexibility?  Check.  Core strength?  Check.  Balance?  Check-ish. Upper body strength?  None.  So all those push-ups were really difficult for me.

I'll try to do the other one later today.

You're pretty much the only one I wanted to do the audible so

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

You're pretty much the only one I wanted to do the audible so

My plan was to do them in succession, but that first one was more difficult for me than expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krista4 said:

My plan was to do them in succession, but that first one was more difficult for me than expected.

Good to know. I already knocked out my pushups for the day so I'll do the audible first and if I've got time will try this one. Eventually plan to do home day 6 so we finally know what the other was talking about 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this has become a bit of a grind.  doubling up on the yoga is tedious.  i don't enjoy the return to the warmup, when i start the 2nd one.  very interested to see if i like Andie's longer sessions.  i need to find a series that are all around an hour.  at LIFETIME, in the heated room, i would be a sweaty mess at the end of 60/90 minutes.  this has only occurred once in double ups.  the day 1/15 combo.

am i correct, that are only 20 sessions of courage?

Link to post
Share on other sites

:lmao:  day 4/18 combo with 100 push ups in between 18 and 4  got me going.  4 was basically planks and pushups for 10 minutes.  i was cursing pretty good on the shoulder touches.  oh, and side planks  #fsideplanks

careful what i wish for, eh?  loved it though.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the dreaded day 6, 6 pack abs with Adrianna.  

I don't know how only 17mins could have me shaking so badly afterwards.  Ugh.  I know I have abs somewhere in my gut, but maybe today I got closer to seeing them?

Keep it up chumps! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone was talking about day 4 being more difficult than it looked so i tried it. After my pushups day.  F me. First time in all of these that i had to tap out. I will definitely revisit this one on a rest day but man my arms are jelly.  Time to do the same to my abs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok @krista4

I did your day 6 from the Home series just to compare.  I regretted it immediately because of all the early planks moving side to side and forward/backward, but those were manageable. The crunches were fine, no big deal. It was those low boat to boats that were brutal.  I think that was the toughest exercise of the two say sixes, but man those crossover dribbles at the end of the original day 6 were tough the first time too.  Verdict - we were both doing tough core work and I'll probably do both of these again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Ok @krista4

I did your day 6 from the Home series just to compare.  I regretted it immediately because of all the early planks moving side to side and forward/backward, but those were manageable. The crunches were fine, no big deal. It was those low boat to boats that were brutal.  I think that was the toughest exercise of the two say sixes, but man those crossover dribbles at the end of the original day 6 were tough the first time too.  Verdict - we were both doing tough core work and I'll probably do both of these again. 

I did the extra credit Day 6.  It's been a while since I did the other one, but remember it being a little bit more challenging, too, even though I did "option 4" (hardest) of the crossover dribble options at the end of this one and was definitely struggling for the last several of those.  I did haven't a block, but this was lying on the floor near me so I used it.  :lol: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

I did the extra credit Day 6.  It's been a while since I did the other one, but remember it being a little bit more challenging, too, even though I did "option 4" (hardest) of the crossover dribble options at the end of this one and was definitely struggling for the last several of those.  I did haven't a block, but this was lying on the floor near me so I used it.  :lol: 

The hardest part for me with my day 6 was holding my legs up after running every day. That hurts. The crossovers are just brutal abs but after holding my legs up for 20 minutes I'm fn done. 

Also I need to apologize to my wife.

But your day 6, honestly I don't know if I even did one good low boat to boat transition. It's the hardest thing I've been asked to do during these. 

Anyways, good luck newbs, you're almost there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Otis said:

An early morning with a lot of hectic stuff getting the dog fed, walked, over to the stupid doggy daycare place, getting the girls fed, and getting the girls ready for the day, as Mrs. O and I are about to jump in the car for a day trip.  Lots of good reasons I could blow today off.

 

Instead I crept upstairs to the attic at 6 while everyone was sleeping and did Day 4 with Sophia, focusing on back cracking (easiest one so far I must say, and my downward dog may even be improving), and then went and snuck in a row ( @eaganwildcats -- this was a quick one, and it was really poorly explained, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do with it, but it ended up being less than 10 minutes; basically they keep throwing 100 meters at you and you have to finish it in shorter and shorter time -- I was only able to do 1k, because I didn't pace myself, the explanation was horrible and I didn't know what I was looking at, so I just pulled all out for the first couple hundred meters; it then dawned on my what the game was; I'm sure I could have gone a couple thousand more meters had I known... anyway...  other weird blip -- it says my next workout up is the first one with Eric Murray; like the very intro one.  WTF?  I've gone into some terrible asensei program loop nobody ever caught in testing, and it's giving me weird crap... not sure how to resolve ... I'll figure it out tomorrow, but I really don't want to redo the easy intro workouts at this point...)

I splurged and had two (2) hard boiled eggs for breakfast with my coffee.  Figure it'll help me make less bad choices while on the road.  

Go get 'em today gang.  

Idk what you did but maybe it was the same thing. Asensei thought I was faster and stronger than I am though so by the end felt like I was going to stroke out. Might need to go back to MAF. 

Day 4 was easy though so yay for that. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 5 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

Beginner flow is not too bad today - about 15 minutes and checks in across all your muscle groups.  There's a couple challenging poses but nothing too bad. If you have a block or a little pillow or something it might help.  https://youtu.be/mHb71QonmXo

Advanced flow is longer today - 45 minutes - and it's called deep stretch. Sounds like a nice way to wind down the week. https://youtu.be/GLy2rYHwUqY

Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day for beginners or advanced people - it's Six Pack Abs day for the beginners, and a full hour of "weight loss yoga" for the advanced people - so set aside some time when you can sweat.  It's also the first weekend day since we started this 30 days so dont forget to structure your day to fit this in. As always love to hear results and see how people are doing with this so please post after you finish. 

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the beginner flow as a warmup today prior to a lot of unilateral leg stuff and it helped a lot.  

I think I'll have a chance to hit the deep stretch later also.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Day 5 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

Beginner flow is not too bad today - about 15 minutes and checks in across all your muscle groups.  There's a couple challenging poses but nothing too bad. If you have a block or a little pillow or something it might help.  https://youtu.be/mHb71QonmXo

Advanced flow is longer today - 45 minutes - and it's called deep stretch. Sounds like a nice way to wind down the week. https://youtu.be/GLy2rYHwUqY

Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day for beginners or advanced people - it's Six Pack Abs day for the beginners, and a full hour of "weight loss yoga" for the advanced people - so set aside some time when you can sweat.  It's also the first weekend day since we started this 30 days so dont forget to structure your day to fit this in. As always love to hear results and see how people are doing with this so please post after you finish. 

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life

Beat you to it; did this one about 90 minutes ago.  Loooooooooooved it.  It’s the sort of thing I’d love to find time for several times a week.  Stretchy stretchy!

Edited by krista4
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Day 5 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

Beginner flow is not too bad today - about 15 minutes and checks in across all your muscle groups.  There's a couple challenging poses but nothing too bad. If you have a block or a little pillow or something it might help.  https://youtu.be/mHb71QonmXo

Advanced flow is longer today - 45 minutes - and it's called deep stretch. Sounds like a nice way to wind down the week. https://youtu.be/GLy2rYHwUqY

Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day for beginners or advanced people - it's Six Pack Abs day for the beginners, and a full hour of "weight loss yoga" for the advanced people - so set aside some time when you can sweat.  It's also the first weekend day since we started this 30 days so dont forget to structure your day to fit this in. As always love to hear results and see how people are doing with this so please post after you finish. 

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life

I'm going to be out almost all day and night tomorrow so thinking of just knocking out 5 and 6 this afternoon (beginners).  Then, follow up with a 45 minute body combat tonight.  Any concerns doing 2 yoga workouts in one day?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I'm going to be out almost all day and night tomorrow so thinking of just knocking out 5 and 6 this afternoon (beginners).  Then, follow up with a 45 minute body combat tonight.  Any concerns doing 2 yoga workouts in one day?

You do you boo boo or as the kids today say YOLO

Your abs will be sore though from all 3 together 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I'm going to be out almost all day and night tomorrow so thinking of just knocking out 5 and 6 this afternoon (beginners).  Then, follow up with a 45 minute body combat tonight.  Any concerns doing 2 yoga workouts in one day?

none.  go for it.  i wasn't sore from day 6

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ragincajun said:

I lasted 6 minutes on the first beginner yoga with Adrienne.💪

Day 1?  Is this your first time doing yoga?  What types of exercises do you typically do?  As others have stated in this thread, if you keep going things will improve dramatically.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

??? 

For over a month I have been talking about day 6 crushing my abs the first time i did it and ive been redoing it again and again when ive got time. I know you're like sure, you can do a workout and another yoga before starting this one, it's nothing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krista4 said:

Beat you to it; did this one about 90 minutes ago.  Loooooooooooved it.  It’s the sort of thing I’d love to find time for several times a week.  Stretchy stretchy!

Yeah this was awesome stretching today.  Probably even more awesome  if you have internal genitalia. That cow leg twisty legs move was invented by a woman, guaranteed. 

  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, berndog said:

100 pushups/day x 5= 500 pushups this week 💪

It took 50+ years and this thread to encourage me to do that many pushups in a week.  :thanks:

I may just jump on the yoga train next. 
 

 

This thread has been a Godsend quite honestly.  When can we remove "fad" from the title?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Yeah this was awesome stretching today.  Probably even more awesome  if you have internal genitalia. That cow leg twisty legs move was invented by a woman, guaranteed. 

That was my favorite part!  :lmao: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

For over a month I have been talking about day 6 crushing my abs the first time i did it and ive been redoing it again and again when ive got time. I know you're like sure, you can do a workout and another yoga before starting this one, it's nothing.  

But Day 5 and 6 work out different parts of the body.  I was then planning to do body combat (which works out pretty much everything) later in the night.  I'll skip the Ab/core part of the body combat workout.  I don't know - I'm going to give it a shot and post results later tonight.  Then I'm going to pour some drinks.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ragincajun said:

I lasted 6 minutes on the first beginner yoga with Adrienne.💪

OK, I have a goal for when I do this.

23 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

This thread has been a Godsend quite honestly.  When can we remove "fad" from the title?

They're all fads to Otis. :kicksrock:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Killer row this morning. I logged out and into asensei and there were a bunch of other workouts available. It still recommends the intro workout with Eric Murray so I just grabbed another of his 30 minute workouts.  
 

The I did yoga with Monica. Pretty easy one today. 
 

I don’t know how I’m going to make time for both on the weekend.  Going to do my damndest. 
 

Now for alcohol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think you all know I'm a couple of days ahead of the rest of you doing bending w/ Annabell.  Well day 7 is the introduction to side planks.  #### side planks.  This one still wasn't bad over all, lots of stretching before and after all the hard stuff.  

Keep it up chumps and chumpette.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

But Day 5 and 6 work out different parts of the body.  I was then planning to do body combat (which works out pretty much everything) later in the night.  I'll skip the Ab/core part of the body combat workout.  I don't know - I'm going to give it a shot and post results later tonight.  Then I'm going to pour some drinks.  

It's really not that bad. Interested to hear what you think since you have probably been doing a lot of the same exercises already, maybe not the exact same way. The iversons are brutal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just did Day 5 and 6 (Beginners).  Not too bad actually.  Day 5 is fairly easy but Day 6 will definitely challenge most of us.  The last exercise is scissors and I'm truly amazed at how far back she can get her high leg.  I couldn't even come close so I improvised a little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

For over a month I have been talking about day 6 crushing my abs the first time i did it and ive been redoing it again and again when ive got time. I know you're like sure, you can do a workout and another yoga before starting this one, it's nothing.  

i'm not following you at all.  if i offended you in some way, i apologize.  for me, day 6 was relatively easy.  :shrug:  i could easily string together 2 or 3 of these beginner sessions and then do a gnarly workout.  i'd be tired, maybe sore the next day, but it would be well within my wheel house.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up doing a 20 minute body combat before dinner.  Below was a push up routine that was part of the 20 minute workout (easily the hardest part).  When Sally goes up, you go up.  When sally goes down, you stay down (until she goes up again).  I had to go on my knees several times.  Give it a shot  @DA RAIDERS

Bring Sally Up Pushups

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...