What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (3 Viewers)

BTW - can we get Adriene to stop doing these ridiculous balance poses?  She's standing there gracefully holding her balance while slowly pulling into a squat position.  I'm standing there attempting to balance while swinging my arms around like a lunatic until my high foot inevitably meets its fate.   
We really should start filming our yoga sessions.

I sat there at 5:30 this morning telling myself I needed to get out there again, just get it done because my schedule later today thru tomorrow is full, won't be able to really run or bike until Sunday again. And I decided to play breakfast hubby instead and brew up coffee and try and wake up my wife. It was cloudy for a long time this morning to the point when she left at 9 for an appt I decided to try and sneak in a run  :lmao: ...my gawd is it warm even with the sun partly hidden behind thinly layered clouds 🤮

I managed to crawl the final 1/2 mile, ended up 3 Miles in a very long and humid 36 minutes out there, ran about 2/3 of the way and my sides started to hurt at one point and yet I can tell you that as I sit here finally cooling down that I'm happy I am done for the day if I choose and I can go enjoy some lunch with the Mrs and relax, just not too much and maybe skip the alcohol today.   

Missed it - what’s the science with the 2 a day yoga sessions?
Yoga with Adriene has some 45 and 60 minute sessions but it's mostly 15 to 30.  It's a little short for a Serious Workout, but awesome for the goal of doing 30 consecutive days because it's not as much of a time commitment.  When people miss a day sometimes, it also makes it possible to double up to catch up.  

@DA RAIDERS was doubling up because he'd already started the original 30 days with Adriene, but wanted to join us for the "advanced" version, so he did both for a while. 

Are you joining us?

Love my yoga. It won’t make me lose that 30lbs. That’s a whole other equation I need to solve. But we’ll get there. 
You know the answer.   It’s the booze and food.   I haven’t had a drink since Saturday and am not going to drink this weekend.  I don’t drink much but when I do, I eat snacks.   To stand a chance at not snacking the booze has to go for a bit.   

You can have a drink and any food that you like.   It’s the volume that matters.   

Only dongs I want to talk about are ding dongs. Could easily crush 2 or 3 packs of those right now. I’m lit. Not Fred lit, but lit. Everyone else is sleeping so I guess I’ll sleep. 

Love my yoga. It won’t make me lose that 30lbs. That’s a whole other equation I need to solve. But we’ll get there. 
talk to me after you do some hour long vinyasa flow.  pre cornavarious age, when i would do yoga at the gym.  there were no fat dudes, in the 60-90 minute, heated flow.  and the dudes that were  there, were mostly ripped, or bean pole thin.  it was comical, how sweaty everyone would get.  i miss it.  

Yo, MFP peeps.  I've been tracking workouts in google fit on my watch then sync to MFP, as well as syncing my fitbit aria into MFP.  

Things worked well until this Tues.  All the fit data is there and all the fitbit data is there, yet none is reaching MFP.

Ideas?

Feel like there is going to be a diminishing return at some point vs. simply walking for the time spent.
For me it's more about the finishing what i started, on time, along with the group.  I committed to 30 days of yoga, from August 3rd to September 1st. So did everyone in this little group. I never told anyone to double up but I'm proud of the people who did early on and made it the accepted approach here because the whole group has found this awesome sticktuitiveness that is in stark contrast to the people complaining about not having any GAF back in July.  It technically doesn't matter whether I lie and tell people I did the whole yoga flow today or i actually do it, but seeing other people get after it makes me want to follow through too.

It's been really hard for a lot of people to stick to healthy habits during this lockdown.  The alcohol use in this country is at an all time high, gyms are closed, races and other events are cancelled, it's hard to get personal training... what we've got in this thread is special.

In the 5 months, people have committed to full months of cardio, tracking calories, pushup nand  yoga.  My weight has improved but also I have added muscle and am just visibly in better shape. I am not able to do all the things I want right now but I am doing everything I can to improve myself so I can do them later. A lot of us are doing the same. 

And a big part of that is having this ragtag group of athletic ne'erdowells that look like an 80s underdog sports comedy.  We've got the muscular guy with bad knees, the guy with a million wacky ideas that sound cool but never actually work, the token girl who's secretly better than all the boys, the guy who gives inspirational speeches and says we can beat the better team, whatever ####### character MoP is, the list goes on and it's awesome. 

Don't come in here and question the ####### science. This is not the fitness science experts thread. This is the thread where real people are supporting each other through a pandemic and meeting real health goals and our training methods might be unorthodox but we are going to beat the Pandemics in the playoffs!

Today's advanced practice is called Yoga for when you're sore. 

It's not like any of the other days so far. You literally never get on the mat. In fact it might be easier on a hard surface.  I have my mat on plush carpet and it was harder. 

It features a raspy voiced adriene in bangs with curly hair and no ponytail.  She looks and sounds like a different person. 

It features a 6 month old benji jumping up on her mid practice and in total adriene fashion she says look how good he was today.  

And it starts out super easy then sneaks up on you and makes your left leg jelly with balance poses while you dread the fact that you're going to have to repeat the same on your right.  Notice that she doesn't even do the whole thing on one leg today and loses her balance at least once - it's ok if you need to put a foot bdown at some points but i will say it's agood stretch and good strengthening for those leg muscles.  My favorite thing about balance poses is that they work on the thing you need most, because you're going to have to adjust the most around whatever muscles are weakest.  For me it was my hip/pirifornis and a little of my ankle/ calf today. 

Tomorrow's a little longer weight loss yoga session for the advanced crowd so plan accordingly.  

It's not like any of the other days so far. You literally never get on the mat. In fact it might be easier on a hard surface.  I have my mat on plush carpet and it was harder. 

It features a raspy voiced adriene in bangs with curly hair and no ponytail.  She looks and sounds like a different person. 

It features a 6 month old benji jumping up on her mid practice and in total adriene fashion she says look how good he was today.  

And it starts out super easy then sneaks up on you and makes your left leg jelly with balance poses while you dread the fact that you're going to have to repeat the same on your right.  Notice that she doesn't even do the whole thing on one leg today and loses her balance at least once - it's ok if you need to put a foot bdown at some points but i will say it's agood stretch and good strengthening for those leg muscles.  My favorite thing about balance poses is that they work on the thing you need most, because you're going to have to adjust the most around whatever muscles are weakest.  For me it was my hip/pirifornis and a little of my ankle/ calf today. 

Tomorrow's a little longer weight loss yoga session for the advanced crowd so plan accordingly.  
I noticed the perm in the screenshot.  It scares me.

All right, I'm going in now.  Didn't have time this morning due to work, but instead of doubling up tomorrow I'll go kill my legs tonight.  Afterward:  wine.

So I’ve been doing pretty good low carb 

had a late work assignment, wife’s friend across the street texts and asks if we went  some White Castle (apparently they have them a extra order of like the whole damn menu)

I tell her to give me one of each, she brings by 5 cheeseburgers, 4 fish sandwich, 2 chicken sandwich and a breakfast sandwich 

i e already eaten the cheese burgers, working o. The rest 

0 willpower :porked:

So I’ve been doing pretty good low carb 

had a late work assignment, wife’s friend across the street texts and asks if we went  some White Castle (apparently they have them a extra order of like the whole damn menu)

I tell her to give me one of each, she brings by 5 cheeseburgers, 4 fish sandwich, 2 chicken sandwich and a breakfast sandwich 

i e already eaten the cheese burgers, working o. The rest 

0 willpower :porked:
Would kill for five WC cheeseburgers right now.

Love Fred’s description above. Dead on.

One more day of vacation today and home tomorrow. Overdid it with the drinking two nights ago and felt awful. Also walked around the pool shirtless and realized how damn fat I am. It’s dawning on me that all of what I’m doing now is abusing my body. It’s just not good for now or for later. So I think I’m just going to give up alcohol. There’s not another solution for me. I feel awful in the morning and I have no doubt that I’ll lose 20lbs simply by giving up alcohol. After that, some diet adjustments will be required to go further, but really I’m pretty confident if I give up alcohol my diet will improve automatically as a result.  Mrs O is also sick of being “overweight” (her version is a lot different than mine...maybe she wants to lose 15lbs??) and is on board.  So when we arrive home we begin a new healthy chapter. 

namaste (or whatever it is that Adriene says when she does prayer pose)

Hundredpushups.com week 3 day 2 complete

I have officially completed my first one hundred pushup day with sets of 20, 25, 15, 15 and then a set of 25 that just seems insurmountable when I'm struggling during the 15s. When I tried this a couple days ago, it was. I got through 15 of that last set and was cooked.  This time when I started that last set, I started counting 76, 77, 78.. and believe it or not, that made a huge difference in my head.  

It feels so good to have hit that milestone, even after failing in my first try.  I'm going to have to redo more days between now and the end of "week 6". Some maybe more than once.  There's zero chance I finish this in 3 weeks.  But as strange as it sounds for someone who just struggled with a set of 25 pushups, I am going to do a single set of 100 consecutive pushups before my birthday in October. 

Now... I'm going to make a ham egg and cheese on a pretzel roll. 

Went for my first walk of August this morning. Pretty creaky, but I survived.

More importantly, I weigh 1.4 lbs less than I did two weeks ago. In between, I spent five days and nights eating like a lumberjack and drinking like a sailor. So while a vacation may impede your progress, it doesn't have to derail it.

Love Fred’s description above. Dead on.

One more day of vacation today and home tomorrow. Overdid it with the drinking two nights ago and felt awful. Also walked around the pool shirtless and realized how damn fat I am. It’s dawning on me that all of what I’m doing now is abusing my body. It’s just not good for now or for later. So I think I’m just going to give up alcohol. 
This was the key for me, along with diet.    dropped from 240 to 175 over 18-19 months.   If you want to do it you can.   I have recently allowed one day a week for drinks, corresponds with a rest day in my workout schedule.   Good luck, how's the puppy?

Went for my first walk of August this morning. Pretty creaky, but I survived.

More importantly, I weigh 1.4 lbs less than I did two weeks ago. In between, I spent five days and nights eating like a lumberjack and drinking like a sailor. So while a vacation may impede your progress, it doesn't have to derail it.
Happy to hear this but would have been happier if you mentioned thos AFTER OTIS GOT BACK FROM VACATION you ####### jackass. 

Did this one this morning; will catch up to today's this afternoon.  This one was deceptively difficult!  Even with your warning, it was harder than I thought, especially when balancing on my left leg.  I'm much better on the right.  Baby Benji was the highlight!

Day 20 on the advanced route is great!  Short (22 minutes) but seemed like a lot of bang for the buck, without ever feeling too difficult.  This is one of my two favorites from this program so far and one I could see doing often.

I hadn't really felt the progress in the poses that many of you have reported, but then today I accidentally bonked my nose hard with my knee on part of a three-legged dog, so I guess I am getting better at it after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 20 on the advanced route is great!  Short (22 minutes) but seemed like a lot of bang for the buck, without ever feeling too difficult.  This is one of my two favorites from this program so far and one I could see doing often.

I hadn't really felt the progress in the poses that many of you have reported, but then today I accidentally bonked my nose hard with my knee on part of a three-legged dog, so I guess I am getting better at it after all.
https://www.gif-vif.com/So-graceful

Just finished this after dreading it all day post pushups. Totally agree - the  only parts that seemed difficult for me were the abs, but the squats and warriors were no joke if those are difficult poses for you.  I didnt touch, but my knee gets close now which is amazing considering I 100% remember thinking that nose to knee was a descriptive term but obviously figurative because it's impossible. I now know what my knees smell like, and it's not good. Kind of like sweat and yoga mat mixed with manliness and whatever soap reached there from the runoff of my belly last time I showered. I finished by repeating her mantra of i am strong before pouring myself a glass of wine. 

No run today for me but I did some hiking and outside play with the kid earlier so I feel good for exercise.  I made my ham egg and cheese for late breakfast, shared some hotdogs with my kid for a later lunch and dumped half a salad onto a wrap with some guacamole for dinner after going to a wake and avoiding the steak tips and potatoes.  Not exactly ideal nutrition and my sodium is probably high but I'm getting a little veggies and a little protein while keeping the calories low enough to earn a glass or two... this is not the diet recommended by Men's Health but it's good enough that a week of this will probably net a pound of weight loss. Or break even when i inevitably pour another. 

Yoga with Adriene has some 45 and 60 minute sessions but it's mostly 15 to 30.  It's a little short for a Serious Workout, but awesome for the goal of doing 30 consecutive days because it's not as much of a time commitment.  When people miss a day sometimes, it also makes it possible to double up to catch up.  

@DA RAIDERS was doubling up because he'd already started the original 30 days with Adriene, but wanted to join us for the "advanced" version, so he did both for a while. 

Are you joining us?
Intrigued. I do her golf yoga workout 3-4X a week

worked 15 of the last 24 hours. Yay?

didnt complete the last advanced  class. Will do it tomorrow  

Did manage to walk 17 miles, at work, in that 15 hours. Plus 3 miles in the canyon outside of work.  

Also, ran hills yesterday,  did 150 push-ups and whatever that stretchy yoga was  :lame: 

Whole family is starting up Monday.

Wife wants to lose 10-15ish

Me probably 30 at this point on vacation.

Daughter 6-7

The covid doldrums were real

Today I stop drinking.  Committed. 

May also try vegetarian for a bit, but at a minimum plan to eat clean and well. 
Bell if you do myfitnesspal and want a buddy let me know.  I've been focused on body recomposition instead of weight loss recently but still have weight to lose and would love an accountability buddy.  Otis same thing with the booze, I might get in trouble a bit with one friend who likes to zoom happy hour but I'll join you if you're serious about this. 

Bell if you do myfitnesspal and want a buddy let me know.  I've been focused on body recomposition instead of weight loss recently but still have weight to lose and would love an accountability buddy.  Otis same thing with the booze, I might get in trouble a bit with one friend who likes to zoom happy hour but I'll join you if you're serious about this. 
I'm in, and serious about it -- no drinking for either of us.  At some point I'd like to dial it back, i.e., so that I can have a couple beers at a backyard BBQ; a scotch (1) and cigar; a bottle of wine out at a restaurant on a nice occasion.  But for now, and until I have my health truly under control, going cold turkey for a while.  Let's do it.

belljr, having the whole family on board is a huge help.  Same here -- me and Mrs. O both fully committed.  I went shopping for some fruits and vegetables, some healthier snack food (pretzels and nuts), and a bunch of bottled waters and flavored seltzers (i.e., stuff to drink instead of alcohol).  Off we go...

Today's advanced yoga is called detox flow. Perfect timing. 
I don't really recommend today's.  I did like that it ended in eagle arms while standing on one leg, and there were a few good moves in a wide-legged position, but otherwise pretty boring.

Users who are viewing this thread