What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

I usually change up about every 3 months between the ones found on reddit.  Im too lazy to make my own up
My problem as well. I'm totally unfamiliar with Reddit, care to link it?

eta:  I'm trying an orange theory class with my wife today. :mellow:   pray for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
OTF was pretty cool. i like all the tracking the heart rate monitor does and the follow up email and what not.  going to go for the next 3 days as a trial run to support the wife.  

Oats, hope the daughter is okay. My 1.5 year old boy had a seizure too, actually happened on our anniversary - almost a year later, all is well with FCjr the 2nd.

We tried to get him to sleep for a Cat scan, but every time we got him in the machine he'd wake up and freak... Looking back, I'm glad we didn't go through with all that radiation as we couldn't get him in the machine. Anyways, hope all is well with your daughter. 

I also had a shoulder problem - before I fell off from the gym last summer, couldn't even try incline bench and flat hurt too... After 6 months out of the gym and now being back for the last couple, feels like it is in the past. Although, I stay light on flat/incline/shoulder press to avoid injuring again. 

I'm down from low 230's to 220ish, diet has been good (mainly yogurts/salads/fish/less carbs/less snacking/smarter eating), exercise has been great... Wife wants to join a beach club this summer, so I really have to move. Not far from my weight goal, but need to kick it into high gear to get to my physique goal. 

DA RAIDERS said:
My problem as well. I'm totally unfamiliar with Reddit, care to link it?

eta:  I'm trying an orange theory class with my wife today. :mellow:   pray for me. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/recommended_routines

From these I've gone between

"Reddit PPL"

GZLP

PHAT/PHUL

I would like to do Nsuns or Wendler but I feel very bad taking up a squat rack or a bench as long as it would take to do those types of routines.  Plus if boredom is an issue I figure you would just want to drop a barbell on your neck by about the 2nd month.

Starting point: 290 lbs

Updates:

June 28:  290 lbs
July 6:     277.4 lbs
July 10:   274.0 lbs
July 14:   270.0 lbs
July 19:   266.8 lbs
July 23:   261.7 lbs
Aug 1:     261.2 lbs
Aug 7:     254.6 lbs
Aug 13:   250.0 lbs
Aug 21:   244.8 lbs
Aug 30:   244.8 lbs
Sep 5:     244.0 lbs
Sep 11:   242.8 lbs
Sep 18:   237.0 lbs
Sep 25:   236.6 lbs
Oct 3:      235.8 lbs
Oct 17:    239.0 lbs
Oct 23:    236.6 lbs
Nov 3:     234.6 lbs
Nov 9:     230.8 lbs
Dec 1:     230.8 lbs
Dec 6:     227.2 lbs
Jan 2:      230.8 lbs
Jan 9:      228.8 lbs
Jan 15:    226.0 lbs
Jan 22:   224.8 lbs
Jan 31:   224.6 lbs
Feb 6:    223.8 lbs
Feb 12:  221.0 lbs
Feb 19:  217.0 lbs
Feb 26:  215.8 lbs
Mar 5:    214.2 lbs
Mar 12:  212.6 lbs
Mar 19:  207.8 lbs           Initial Goal of 208 lbs reached
Apr 3:     208.2 lbs
Apr 11:   207.2 lbs

Total weight loss:  82.9 lbs
Had a little weekend splurge before the diet started back up, but back at it again now. 

How are you doing over there @Tecumseh.  We both need to get to 190!   :excited:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/recommended_routines

From these I've gone between

"Reddit PPL"

GZLP

PHAT/PHUL

I would like to do Nsuns or Wendler but I feel very bad taking up a squat rack or a bench as long as it would take to do those types of routines.  Plus if boredom is an issue I figure you would just want to drop a barbell on your neck by about the 2nd month.
Too. Much. Information. 

Knowing you, I'm not surprised. I'm looking for something simpler, maybe with pictures :mellow:   I know there are apps out there that give you a new daily workout, with pictures!  I was wondering if anyone used one in here. 

I need to get back into the groove.  I will say, a guy in my office who repeatedly busts my chops about being out of shape out of nowhere today starts complimenting me that I look like I lost weight and got more muscular.  I weigh basically what I did a year ago this time when I started lifting regularly, but I guess I added some muscle and trimmed some fat.  I'll take it.

Still want to lose 10-20lbs more of fat before I'm happy with where I'm at.  But, well, it's just that booze and potato chips and Twix bars are just so good....

DA RAIDERS said:
Too. Much. Information. 

Knowing you, I'm not surprised. I'm looking for something simpler, maybe with pictures :mellow:   I know there are apps out there that give you a new daily workout, with pictures!  I was wondering if anyone used one in here. 
JEFIT does stuff like this in an app form, if that's what you are looking for.  I mean they also map the major reddit workouts to if you search from within the app.  I'm sure there are other apps out there now, JEFIT is old and clunky IMO.

Was 220

Now 216

I have been doing Yoga, but haven't started running yet due to a sports hernia. The Yoga has helped a lot, so I plan to start running next week.

the orange theory fitness classes are pretty cool.  i've done them 2 days in a row with my wife, and will do another one tomorrow to complete the 3 day trial.  i'm very pleased with how in shape i am, these classes would have kicked my ### 12-18 months ago.  now, i'm merely a little sore, using muscles i don't normally use and am in the top 10% of the class as far as results*. i could see someone getting good results from the program.  back to my regular routine friday.

*mostly fat house wives  :flex:  

Updates:

Jan 22:    224.8 lbs
Jan 31:    224.6 lbs
Feb 6:     223.8 lbs
Feb 12:   221.0 lbs
Feb 19:   217.0 lbs
Feb 26:   215.8 lbs
Mar 5:     214.2 lbs
Mar 12:   212.6 lbs
Mar 19:   207.8 lbs           Initial Goal of 208 lbs reached
Apr 3:      208.2 lbs
Apr 11:    207.2 lbs
Apr 17:   205.6 lbs

Total weight loss:  84.4 lbs
Successful week, though should have been better. Overdid it on the weekend with some homemade pizzas.

Scaled back my exercise bike riding slightly, which seems to have helped lessen some ongoing issues like tight calves, etc. Hoping that will mean fewer big issues that required multi-day rests to go away.

Updates:

Apr 29:   206.6 lbs

Total weight loss:  83.4 lbs
Disappointing step back. Was going well, and was down to 203. Then had a traffic accident resulting in some wicked headaches any time I was up on my feet for more than an hour or two.  During which I was pretty much a sloth. A pizza-ordering, comfort-eating, non-exercising sloth who put three pounds back on.

Feeling better this weekend. Still getting some mild headaches which seem to be caused by my neck. Exercises for it are helping. Did my first ride in a week on the exercise bike which seemed to help a bit, even if just burning off some stress in general.

Struggling to regain my previous level of motivation right now. Though I've gone back to my diet for the most part the last two days, it's been a struggle.

Sorry to hear about your accident, GB GregR. Keep doing what you've been doing- you're an inspiration.

@Otis 248 today. Likely to go backwards with a birthday party today and ribs and beer. 

Sorry to hear about your accident, GB GregR. Keep doing what you've been doing- you're an inspiration.

@Otis 248 today. Likely to go backwards with a birthday party today and ribs and beer. 
How much have you lost GB?

I’m stalled around 233.  The upside is that the gut and love handles are ever so slowly shrinking, and the muscles are ever so slowly growing.  So at this point, hell, if my weight freezes here, but I convert another 15-20lbs of fat to muscle, I’ll be thrilled.  But still, for purposes of our bet, that won’t help me much...

How much have you lost GB?

I’m stalled around 233.  The upside is that the gut and love handles are ever so slowly shrinking, and the muscles are ever so slowly growing.  So at this point, hell, if my weight freezes here, but I convert another 15-20lbs of fat to muscle, I’ll be thrilled.  But still, for purposes of our bet, that won’t help me much...
I had to go back and look. I started at 276.6 :porked:  so, i guess around 28 lbs.

i'm gonna have another beer. And some deviled eggs.

and some tater salad. 

Updates:

Apr 29:   206.6 lbs
May 16: 206.6 lbs

Total weight loss:  83.4 lbs
Eh.  After headaches cleared up from the car accident, I briefly got motivated again and got back down to 203 for the second time. Then hit a lack of motivation and have been yo-yoing since.  Refocused on the diet and exercise this week. Back to where I was last check in. 

Frustrated with myself.  If I'd stuck to my guns I could have been completely done with loss by now and just worried about maintaining.   :angry:

Eh.  After headaches cleared up from the car accident, I briefly got motivated again and got back down to 203 for the second time. Then hit a lack of motivation and have been yo-yoing since.  Refocused on the diet and exercise this week. Back to where I was last check in. 

Frustrated with myself.  If I'd stuck to my guns I could have been completely done with loss by now and just worried about maintaining.   :angry:
What is your maintenance plan?   

What is your maintenance plan?   
Eat more than I am during the diet.  :)

Which is mostly serious. My diet has been a 9 month study in finding things I'm satisfied eating that are lower calorie than what I was eating. When I get to maintaining, I'll mix back in some higher calorie things that I enjoy, but also keep some meals the same as during the diet to keep the total calories in line.  

My biggest pitfalls I'll have to watch out for are probably overall motivation, and portion control.   If I just don't care and start comfort eating, it's all out the window.  And there's a few things I have a really hard time with portion control on.  Like pizza.

Just going to have to find the willpower to either keep the portions down... or else limit how often I have them so the other, diet-friendly meals, make up for those extra calories.

Will also keep riding the bike, and then start lifting weights.  

Eat more than I am during the diet.  :)

Which is mostly serious. My diet has been a 9 month study in finding things I'm satisfied eating that are lower calorie than what I was eating. When I get to maintaining, I'll mix back in some higher calorie things that I enjoy, but also keep some meals the same as during the diet to keep the total calories in line.  

My biggest pitfalls I'll have to watch out for are probably overall motivation, and portion control.   If I just don't care and start comfort eating, it's all out the window.  And there's a few things I have a really hard time with portion control on.  Like pizza.

Just going to have to find the willpower to either keep the portions down... or else limit how often I have them so the other, diet-friendly meals, make up for those extra calories.

Will also keep riding the bike, and then start lifting weights.  
You have been more or less flat for 30 days. Any increase over that mdee without some sort of macro tweak will backslide you. One of the things that is often overlooked is that you need to adjust to the new normal.  Forever. 

*Forever is in reality 2+ years. 

Man what you’ve accomplished is amazing. Just regroup and put your mind to it, you can obviously do it. Wish I had your will power, I need to drop 20 at least. 

You have been more or less flat for 30 days. Any increase over that mdee without some sort of macro tweak will backslide you. One of the things that is often overlooked is that you need to adjust to the new normal.  Forever. 

*Forever is in reality 2+ years. 
Was flat because I got a concussion in a car accident and spent a week comfort-eating pizza and delivery food while I couldn't be on my feet for more than a couple of hours at a time without getting a headache.  Followed by a good diet week which undid those gains, followed by a low motivation week I overate during which I'm now again working on losing the gains from.

Was flat because I got a concussion in a car accident and spent a week comfort-eating pizza and delivery food while I couldn't be on my feet for more than a couple of hours at a time without getting a headache.  Followed by a good diet week which undid those gains, followed by a low motivation week I overate during which I'm now again working on losing the gains from.
Well, you at least have an idea of a happy medium at this point. (Glass half full)

Sorry to hear about the wreck. 

New diet craze but expensive except for the FFA elite. For the rest of you there are a couple of books.

High Fiber - High $ Diet

Katie Couric is doing it. So is supermodel Molly Sims as well as a slew of New York City’s elite.

“We have CEOs and CFOs from all disciplines whether it’s finance or fashion. We’re really dealing with people who work hard, but still want to play hard, therefore we have to cater to their lifestyles,” Tanya Zuckerbrot, CEO of F-Factor, a weight management and nutrition counseling center in New York City tells FOXBusiness.com.

Zuckerbrot is a registered dietitian and founder of The F-Factor diet, a fiber-rich weight loss program that has high-profile clients paying upwards of $15,000 dollars to get her diet advice.

I charge $15,000 dollars for my startup package which includes an initial consultation and a two-hour education class as well as follow-up visits. My associates charge $4,500 for their packages,” she says. Zuckerbrot says the education part is the key to her success, as well as her clients.

“Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation in the weight loss space. People have not been provided the right plan, so we take the time here to educate our clients rather than dictate to them and we explain the science behind our principals,” she says.

That science is adding fiber-rich foods like fruits, vegetables, and GG Bran Crispbread crackers, her secret weapon, to every meal with a protein.

“That cracker is the cornerstone of F-Factor. We use it instead of bread because your body can’t break it down so you get to eat these throughout the day and feel super full. It’s also revving up your metabolism so you’re going to lose weight without hunger,” says Zuckerbrot.

GG Bran Crispbread, is an appetite control cracker that is grown in Norway and manufactured by Health Valley Company, a division of The Hain Celestial Group Inc. (NASDAQ:HAIN). Each cracker contains four grams of dietary fiber and only 20 calories per serving.

“It boosts your metabolism, it absorbs fat and calories and leaves you feeling full,” she says.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends 14 grams of fiber for every 1,000 calories consumed. So, if a person is eating 2,000 calories a day, they should aim to get 28 grams of fiber daily.

“We recommend 35 to 40 grams of fiber a day. Unfortunately, we’re in a fiber deficiency. We have refined all of our foods and the average American is only eating 9 to 11 grams of fiber a day,” says Zuckerbrot.

F-Factor generates over a million dollars a year in revenue but Zuckerbrot knows her price point isn’t for everyone.

“For people who are interested in the diet but they can’t necessarily afford to work with us, there are two books available, ‘The F-Factor Diet,’ and ‘The Miracle Carb Diet.’

Mrs. Woz now down 72 lbs. and fitting into her clothes from 10th grade. 

I'm starting my low carb diet for like the 8th time the past few years.  Well, not this week because I have a big work conference with a good spread.  So maybe next week. 

I think I'm down a grand total of 5 lbs. and... holding steady? I may very well be the first person to lose to Otis in a weight loss challenge. 
I’m maybe down the same. Was doing well but then went off the rails and am on vacation this week letting it all hang out. Getting super duper serious starting next week. 

I’m maybe down the same. Was doing well but then went off the rails and am on vacation this week letting it all hang out. Getting super duper serious starting next week. 
Do you ever just think maybe you are meant to be fat?  :popcorn:

Following Otis and some other elephant battling to see who can lose 3-4 pounds in 90 days isn’t exciting. It would be great to see a contest where whoever puts on the most weight wins. Let’s see these fat pigs do what they do best, release them to the hog trough with no restrictions and watch the numbers fly.

Sounds like the race is back on since you are both still standing at the starting line.   Good luck gentlemen.   

Mrs. Woz now down 72 lbs. and fitting into her clothes from 10th grade. 

I'm starting my low carb diet for like the 8th time the past few years.  Well, not this week because I have a big work conference with a good spread.  So maybe next week. 
Wow - just reading this but congrats to her.  I know you guys went through some rough personal things lately so this has to feel good for her.  Hopefully she has kept it up.  :thumbup:

Following Otis and some other elephant battling to see who can lose 3-4 pounds in 90 days isn’t exciting. It would be great to see a contest where whoever puts on the most weight wins. Let’s see these fat pigs do what they do best, release them to the hog trough with no restrictions and watch the numbers fly.
Agreed, we’ve all seen this movie before. Let’s let the big dogs get after it. 

Wow - just reading this but congrats to her.  I know you guys went through some rough personal things lately so this has to feel good for her.  Hopefully she has kept it up.  :thumbup:
She’s down 80 lbs now and looks way better than me. 

I just ate oysters Rockefeller, escargot, filet and lobster. Yeah I’m down nothing. 

Me too. 

Another bet? Go acouple hundred this time?

Holidays are approaching so it's time to bump this thread.  You fatties (not me any more!) should start packing on the pounds for the 2019 competition.

Quick update from me - after winning phase 1 last year I put a lot back on.  Was at 227 and feeling miserable again.  I really started studying the science behind Keto and weight loss - something I didn't really do before.  I'm more of a believer now than when it helped me lose the 50+ during the competition.  I've adopted this as my lifestyle now.  It's been pretty easy for me - I still "cheat" if you want to call it that on vacation or a special meal out but even them I'm very carb conscious.  I'm trying to tell myself I'm no longer on a diet but have changed my diet.  I was at 185 this morning - feeling great, lots of energy, exercising more than I have in a while and just enjoying life more.  Thursday I may eat some carbs or I may not - haven't really decided and don't want to stress over it either way.  Plan to fast Friday and go for a long run on Saturday so even if I have a piece of pecan pie I'll survive.

@Otis   @ProstheticRGK  - let's get an update.

@GregR - how are you doing in maintenance?

@The Gator - eat me

I would be interested in the results from the start of the 2016 timeframe.  If there were 100 people starting, odds are only 5 are left anywhere close to the stated goal weight.  Probably more like 2, and of those 80 are 5-10% higher than start weight.

I would be interested in the results from the start of the 2016 timeframe.  If there were 100 people starting, odds are only 5 are left anywhere close to the stated goal weight.  Probably more like 2, and of those 80 are 5-10% higher than start weight.
My Jan 2, 2017 weigh-in -

5'11"

I don't think I did a 2016 weigh-in but ~240 is the heaviest I've ever been (and been there a few times).  Today I'm 185 but I've yo-yo'd in the last 23 months so not sure what, if anything, that tells you.  I know you've mentioned before that you need about 2 years to acclimate to a big weight change - is that something you can link to?  I'd be curious to read/watch.  I sat in on a talk at my work with a Dr. and it was about "set point" - I'm assuming it's basically what you are referring to?  Is there any way for them to measure set point or is it still just mostly theory?

Users who are viewing this thread

• 3C's