Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️

10 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

Day 1 success. 10k in ~44 minutes.

I'll be tracking anyone who posts they want in to the April 1K minute x-ercise challenge. Once we are going just post your minutes each day and I'll keep a running tally going and update periodically. 

I'm in. I might make 2K minutes at the rate I'm currently going.

• Like 2

One hour,  5 miles counting warm up and cool down.  2 miles at 6 mph, 2 miles at 5 and change, and the rest walking between 3 and 4mph to finish in the hour.  

Food today was oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, pasta with red sauce and ground turkey for lunch, a cookie with my kid, a Gatorade on the treadmill and now I'm going to have a quick salad and some water.  Total calories is just over 2000, minus about 700 in exercise.  Two weeks to Easter and then I will open that bottle of port. 

• Like 4

Alright lady and gentlemen, today marks the beginning of our 30 day march toward 1,000 minutes of exercise. Personally, I have reinforced early morning wake ups are not for me - so will be doing mine at night. Thus far, the following folks have noted they are in:

eaganwildcats

Krista4

Tecumseh

Da Raiders

Otis

Instinctive

Kevzilla

cheeseypoof

Post your times in here and I will keep track of things and provide periodic updates. Happy April, everyone - let's get ripped.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Alright lady and gentlemen, today marks the beginning of our 30 day march toward 1,000 minutes of exercise. Personally, I have reinforced early morning wake ups are not for me - so will be doing mine at night. Thus far, the following folks have noted they are in:

eaganwildcats

Krista4

Tecumseh

Da Raiders

Otis

Instinctive

Kevzilla

cheeseypoof

Post your times in here and I will keep track of things and provide periodic updates. Happy April, everyone - let's get ripped.

I think I want in on this as well.  My daily routine will mostly be HIIT/Tabata with long runs scheduled for the weekends.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

eaganwildcats

Krista4

Tecumseh

Da Raiders

Otis

Instinctive

Kevzilla

cheeseypoof

Thanks for tracking. I calendar blocked 6pm-7pm every day and will be aiming for something in that range.

Edited by Instinctive

1 hour ago, eaganwildcats said:

eaganwildcats

Krista4

Tecumseh

Da Raiders

Otis

Instinctive

Kevzilla

cheeseypoof

Add me in please.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

Gave back two pounds so time to get back on track. April goal is 14.6 pounds. That’s about 3.5 per week but I think I can make it as I still have a lot to lose.

Everything I've seen says 2 lbs per week (not counting the water weight at the beginning) is the maximum safe amount.  Please be careful..

• Like 1

I took a video of myself yesterday (long story) and it dawned on me that, maybe due to all the alcohol lately, or the extra 20lbs I’m still hauling around, but I look like I’ve been stung by a thousand bees. 

Im not sure I can make the drinking stop at this point. Quarantine with little kids is tough. But surely I can at least stop speed gobbling racks or Oreos?

plz help 

3 minutes ago, Otis said:

I took a video of myself yesterday (long story) and it dawned on me that, maybe due to all the alcohol lately, or the extra 20lbs I’m still hauling around, but I look like I’ve been stung by a thousand bees. 

Im not sure I can make the drinking stop at this point. Quarantine with little kids is tough. But surely I can at least stop speed gobbling racks or Oreos?

plz help 

How soon before you just run out of booze?  That's actually what I'm counting on to make me stop.  

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, Otis said:

plz help 

You know what the problem is. It's on you to fix it. Or deal with the consequences. Life throws curveballs. Each one is unique to prior ones. But they're always being thrown. There is no such thing as normal. At least normal meaning that all things associated with your life are in some form of stability. Normal is dealing with those curveballs.

Adapt or die.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Otis said:

plz help 

:lmao:  my brother!  i hear ya..  i was supposed to do, a no booze April, with gm.  i'm not sure that's workable atm.  figuring out my exercise routine, with  next to no equipment is hard.  i envy you and your rowing.

get in on this 1000 minute deal.  i'm shooting for 1350

do the 100 push up challenge(that i think i'm doing by self @gruecd :mellow:  ) 

come up with a challenge for the rest of us.

don't drink 4ish? days a week :sadbanana:

i'm more or less unemployed.  with a 13 year old daughter.  that, i'm now home schooling.  :banned:  

we can do this!!!!

• Like 1

I'll get on this train - I already have a 45 min walk this morning and will be going on another one this afternoon.  

I'll also join in on the 100 push up challenge. I assume that it's the 100 per day, right? 

Being on lockdown has increased the alcohol quota, but I'm a gin/soda or bourbon/rocks type of guy, so at least there's not a ton of filler.

• Like 2

TLDR Kev is a fat tub of goo, but getting smaller

The high-water mark was 352 pounds. I could stand for about ten minutes before my back would start screaming. I had eaten myself into an incurable disease, and when I turned 50, I was not a particularly good bet to outlive my parents. My brother is over four bills, and I didn't wish to join him. I was able to get into the 320s without incident, then stayed there for years.

My doc, a personal friend, urged me to try the Ideal Protein stuff that is hawked out of his office. It does, in fact, work, and it opened my eyes to the low-carb possibilities. With it, I broke my long plateau and got to 311. But it costs far too much, and I determined I could do this myself with Atkins products from the store. I know the real health nuts look down their noses at that stuff, but you have to understand that I used have a double cheeseburger and fries for lunch...and again for dinner. Having two Atkins bars for breakfast and another two for lunch is a huge improvement.

The real breakthrough, I think, was about a year ago. I started going to the gym first thing in the morning, and I started on hormone replacement therapy. My T was less than half of the bottom of the normal range, so this wasn't vanity. I feel like the quality of my sleep has improved. And when I eat right and exercise, I lose weight.

Does that mean I've lost a metric hell-ton since? No.  I weigh as much as Aaron Donald and JJ Watt, without really resembling either of those dudes. But I left the 300 Club for the first time in about 15 years. I lost weight over the holidays. I got down to 283 in January. Most importantly, my last two A1c tests were in the normal range.

Then my bipolar friend reappeared in my life and I started eating my feelings again. I was back up to 297  before I knew it. I would rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than hurt her, but people who make you unhealthy can't be in your life. Hoping she doesn't require rescue again anytime soon. :oldunsure: 

Losing access to the gym can't be an impediment either. Like Mac said, adapt or die. In my case, quite literally. I'm getting about 50 minutes of walking in at lunch, and after work, I take the long way to the mailbox by making two laps of my complex first, which takes about 15 minutes. Today I felt so good I took a third lap. Now at 291, the next intermediate goal is 272, which is what I weighed when I got married in 1996. The ultimate goal is 225, which doesn''t sound like a high bar, but my old age at that weight will be much better than at 352.

• Like 9
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

The high-water mark was 352 pounds. I could stand for about ten minutes before my back would start screaming. I had eaten myself into an incurable disease, and when I turned 50, I was not a particularly good bet to outlive my parents. My brother is over four bills, and I didn't wish to join him. I was able to get into the 320s without incident, then stayed there for years.

My doc, a personal friend, urged me to try the Ideal Protein stuff that is hawked out of his office. It does, in fact, work, and it opened my eyes to the low-carb possibilities. With it, I broke my long plateau and got to 311. But it costs far too much, and I determined I could do this myself with Atkins products from the store. I know the real health nuts look down their noses at that stuff, but you have to understand that I used have a double cheeseburger and fries for lunch...and again for dinner. Having two Atkins bars for breakfast and another two for lunch is a huge improvement.

The real breakthrough, I think, was about a year ago. I started going to the gym first thing in the morning, and I started on hormone replacement therapy. My T was less than half of the bottom of the normal range, so this wasn't vanity. I feel like the quality of my sleep has improved. And when I eat right and exercise, I lose weight.

Does that mean I've lost a metric hell-ton since? No.  I weigh as much as Aaron Donald and JJ Watt, without really resembling either of those dudes. But I left the 300 Club for the first time in about 15 years. I lost weight over the holidays. I got down to 283 in January. Most importantly, my last two A1c tests were in the normal range.

Then my bipolar friend reappeared in my life and I started eating my feelings again. I was back up to 297  before I knew it. I would rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than hurt her, but people who make you unhealthy can't be in your life. Hoping she doesn't require rescue again anytime soon. :oldunsure: 

Losing access to the gym can't be an impediment either. Like Mac said, adapt or die. In my case, quite literally. I'm getting about 50 minutes of walking in at lunch, and after work, I take the long way to the mailbox by making two laps of my complex first, which takes about 15 minutes. Today I felt so good I took a third lap. Now at 291, the next intermediate goal is 272, which is what I weighed when I got married in 1996. The ultimate goal is 225, which doesn''t sound like a high bar, but my old age at that weight will be much better than at 352.

Get it done GB. 225 totally doable.  And as a guy who is still around 225/230 and eats and drinks a ton of garbage, I promise you don't even have to give it all up.  I'm struggling to get closer to 200, and all that crap eating and drinking is standing in the way.

Point is, you can do this.  And you'll feel like literally a new person once you do.

28 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Wow, I didn’t know you’d lost so much already.  Amazing work, my friend.  :heart: 

4 minutes ago, gruecd said:

@DA RAIDERS - I’m still in on the push-up challenge! Today is day #8. I’ve got 80 done, only 20 to go.

Oh, and 83 minutes of exercise today - 30-min Peloton ride this morning and 7-mile run this afternoon. That puts me in on pace for almost 2,500. :boxing:

165 pushups today.  ran my lame 9 minute mile today 65 pushups at the start, 50 at the end.   added a little more distance to it.  gotta keep the feet and joints happy.  i want to go farther, but i've seriously got to be careful.  i've got years of hard living/skiing on my knees.  baby steps. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gruecd said:

@DA RAIDERS - I’m still in on the push-up challenge! Today is day #8. I’ve got 80 done, only 20 to go.

Oh, and 83 minutes of exercise today - 30-min Peloton ride this morning and 7-mile run this afternoon. That puts me in on pace for almost 2,500. :boxing:

@bostonfred  i think we have found another event i might have a chance at.  add pushups to the planking.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Love it kev.  Please post in here more. 

I've been meaning to post that opus for a while. I've always felt I need to be accountable to myself before I could be accountable to others, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. I mean, look at all the abuse Otis has taken, and all the good it's done him.

• Like 2

• Otis changed the title to Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️