What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (2 Viewers)

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

Two 60 minute walks with the dogs, the 2nd with Mrs J and our youngest longboarding next to us. I'll get another 30 in a little bit. Of course, I'm sipping a Bulleit Rye rocks while I type this, so there's that. Still, I'm averaging 16k steps per day, so that's not too shabby. 

Ministry of Pain said:
4/5- 50 Minute walk this morning, 2.5 miles with the Mrs. 

Supposed to get some much needed rain this afternoon and this evening. 
Was able to convince Mrs to come with me for an afternoon ride right before the skies started to bring in the rain, we're supposed to get plenty overnight and into tomorrow. 

60 Minutes Bike will bring the total up to 425 going into Monday, Mrs is already at 365. Definitely feel the knees today/tonight, whether that was due to poor Courts yesterday, or pushing myself to get this kick started, might need a more mild day tomorrow. 

Did a good job of not over eating today. Feel pretty good in general. Love reading all these minutes folks are logging.  

Increased my long run to 5.6 today so i can try for 6.2 (10k) next weekend.  Did an easy MAF pace, 5.3 mph about 64 minutes. Plus a little warm up cool down

75 minutes total 

April total 355 goal 2000
What is your average MAF pace these days?  Your immediate improvements were remarkable.  I ran 5 miles in 54 minutes today but my average HR was around 150 (although I did run a route that had more hills than usual).  

What is your average MAF pace these days?  Your immediate improvements were remarkable.  I ran 5 miles in 54 minutes today but my average HR was around 150 (although I did run a route that had more hills than usual).  
I didn't monitor it closely this time. Just went 5.3 the whole time.  By the end i was up in the high 140s to 150ish but i don't think lowering my speed would have helped unless i was practically walking.  It was under my target for enough of the run that I'm calling it MAF pace.  

Increased my long run to 5.6 today so i can try for 6.2 (10k) next weekend.  Did an easy MAF pace, 5.3 mph about 64 minutes. Plus a little warm up cool down

75 minutes total 

April total 355 goal 2000
I hope I can join you in that club but I'm shooting for 1,500 right now. 

Are you guys consuming more calories than usual being home?

On one hand, the answer might be yes due to all the snacks being readily available at home but on the other hand, you're not taking in the additional calories from eating out and going to the bars.

On one hand, the answer might be yes due to all the snacks being readily available at home but on the other hand, you're not taking in the additional calories from eating out and going to the bars.
Big yes for me generally.  It's been ... ungood.  That stops today.  

Yesterday I had coffee with creamer and sugar for breakfast, two baked chicken breasts, a grilled cheese, a Gatorade, a can of progresso chicken and wild rice soup and a couple chocolate chip cookies.  That would have been almost a 1000 calorie deficit even if i didn't do my long run.  I used to overeat by a thousand calories.  Now I'm having days where I'm under eating by almost 2000. 

That said, I'm going to the grocery store this week and fully plan to pick up lots of booze and chips that i gave up for lent. A month in quarantine without either has been rough.  

The temptation to start pouring drinks slowly creeping in.  Filling the void with seltzers....
Think about the triggers that are sabotaging you right now.  

1) You are eating because you are bored or anxious.  You know you're not really hungry or thirsty so you're able to replace it but you feel compelled to have some kind of food. 

2) You are drinking because you think it will make you feel better.  You want it to fill a void for you.  

3) You are drinking because that's your reward at the end of the day. Giving up a reward is hard. 

4) You are drinking and lowering your willpower,  so you eat more when you drink 

5) You drink with your wife and it's easier for both of you to indulge when the other does first. 

6) You eat and drink because you are actually thirsty.  

I think this is everything but number 6. Seltzer doesn't fill you up.  It's not thirst quenching.  It's just something you can fill the time with until later tonight when you've already secretly decided to binge unless some miracle of willpower stops you.

That's not how willpower works. Willpower doesn't stop you from doing something when you want to do it. Willpower helps you do the thing you're trying to do. You are trying to eat and drink right now. You aren't trying not to.

You aren't failing to diet.  You're choosing to eat and drink. When you actually choose to diet, you will. 

Week 12 IF Check in:

Week 1 = -1 lbs. overall
Week 2 = -2 lbs. overall
Week 3 = -3.5 lbs. overall
Week 4 = -5.0 lbs. overall
Week 5 = -6.5 lbs. overall
Week 6 = -7.0 lbs. overall
Week 7 = -8.0 lbs. overall
Week 8 = -7.0 lbs. overall
Week 9 = -8.0 lbs. overall
Week 10 = -8.0 lbs. overall
Week 11 = -7.5 lbs. overall
Week 12 = -7.0 lbs. overall

Yeah, I don't think that losing weight will be possible while working from home like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantastic question. 

-I didn't realize how much snacking I was doing. I was already working out of the house 2-3 days a week, but now Mrs is home and it is "work-from-home" for her so she doesn't just loaf around but we do find ourselves watching way too much TV. We are trying to not turn it on in the morning at all. We are trying to use it to watch a movie at night after the sun is gone. Free movies by most of the premium networks on Comcast right now. 

Now that my wife is around I feel a bigger responsibility to lead the charge and try to motivate her to come with me. So far she seems to want to join me most of the time. 

I am trying to find snacks that are more nutritious and approach my meals not as much for pleasure but more for fuel with some degree of taste but cutting back on sugars for sure. Next post will have my updates for today, still kicking around a bike ride as darkness takes over tonight, entire inside of the rims light up and attract a lot of attention, fitting I know. 

-Not eating at restaurants and not drinking draft beers plus hard liquor is having a big impact on my weight I think. 

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

6am-Woke up very well rested, slept like a baby last night and I think the increased activity is having a big impact on something I have a hard time with, being a night owl. 

7am-60 minute walk, Mrs with me, YAY! 

2pm-60 minute walk, me only. I was climbing the walls today. 

7pm-60 minute walk, Mrs wanted to go again and I thought 3 times the charm today. 

Somewhere close to 20,000 steps today, I was shocked. Walked about a 1/3 of a marathon today in total. My legs are sore but not like unbearable or nothing. 

Breakfast-Oatmeal with berries, nuts, cinnamon, and a little maple syrup...and a while later I had a little more maple syrup(straight from Vermont) 

Lunch-Sandwich, ham n swiss, nothing major. 

Dinner-Chix breasts with skin, mash potatoes, corn, green beans. 

Lot of coffee...

Totals thru 4/6- 605 and 485  

Got in a 2 mile run in 18 minutes and avg HR was around 154.  Walked for about 12 minutes.  Played a lot of catch and punt with my son but won't count that.  I was planning to do a 15 minute HIIT workout tonight but my arms are sore as hell from the body combat workout on Saturday so I'm going to take a break.

Total for today = 30 minutes

Got in a 2 mile run in 18 minutes and avg HR was around 154.  Walked for about 12 minutes.  Played a lot of catch and punt with my son but won't count that.  I was planning to do a 15 minute HIIT workout tonight but my arms are sore as hell from the body combat workout on Saturday so I'm going to take a break.

Total for today = 30 minutes
HIIT? High Intensity Something Training?

HIIT? High Intensity Something Training?
High Intensity Interval Training.  The way it works out is you do a series of circuits (e.g. burpees, planks, pushups, situps, mountain climbers, etc) at 20-30 second intervals and then 10 second rest before hitting it back up.  The total workout can range from between 15 minutes to 45 minutes (probably longer but you would be insane to do that IMO).  You can just youtube "Full body HIIT workout" and there are tons out there.  Lots of fun but you will sweat.  The 15 minute ones are no joke!  You can also try Tabata which is fairly similar.  I'm loving mixing my daily routines with running vs HIIT/Tabata.  I also do the HIIT with my little ones (they can't really do it but they have fun)

High Intensity Interval Training.  The way it works out is you do a series of circuits (e.g. burpees, planks, pushups, situps, mountain climbers, etc) at 20-30 second intervals and then 10 second rest before hitting it back up.  The total workout can range from between 15 minutes to 45 minutes (probably longer but you would be insane to do that IMO).  You can just youtube "Full body HIIT workout" and there are tons out there.  Lots of fun but you will sweat.  The 15 minute ones are no joke!  You can also try Tabata which is fairly similar.  I'm loving mixing my daily routines with running vs HIIT/Tabata.  I also do the HIIT with my little ones (they can't really do it but they have fun)
I don't have little ones in the house, I think it makes a huge difference. We already use work as an excuse why we can't exercise and watch what we eat better, add in a couple of young ones and I would be eating all the time.  

I don't have little ones in the house, I think it makes a huge difference. We already use work as an excuse why we can't exercise and watch what we eat better, add in a couple of young ones and I would be eating all the time.  
@bostonfred   is a pretty good motivator in this thread.  Read his posts but do what works for you to stay healthy.  

Can't eat what's not there. If you stock your house up with crap then you're gonna eat crap. If you don't stock your house up with crap then you're not gonna eat crap. 

Lots to catch up on! Work has been bonkers so 0s for me, but hopefully folks are keeping on! Will update at some point today when I need a mindless activity. 

52 minute row today.

Yesterday was a good day.  Bad in the sense that I didn't get exercise in.  But good in the sense that I ate well.  Didn't eat garbage.  At night I had two (2) glasses of red wine with my wife.  But I didn't go overboard, I didn't eat snacks and garbage.  I then switched over to water, and went to bed.  And I got up early this morning and rowed for almost an hour.  Good behaviors beget good behaviors.  Today off to a good start again eating well.  I may not drink tonight.  Or I may have one, or a maximum of two.  But if I eat well all day, and I work out, and I don't pig out and go overboard, I can absolutely do that and be doing great.  

Another new adventure today.  Nice weather here in the NYC area.  I plan to get a second workout in later today as the daughter and I go for a bike ride.  It won't be anything crazy, but would be nice to at least get in another 30 mins of exercise.  Possibly a walk with the family as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
52 minute row today.

Yesterday was a good day.  Bad in the sense that I didn't get exercise in.  But good in the sense that I ate well.  Didn't eat garbage.  At night I had two (2) glasses of red wine with my wife.  But I didn't go overboard, I didn't eat snacks and garbage.  I then switched over to water, and went to bed.  And I got up early this morning and rowed for almost an hour.  Good behaviors beget good behaviors.  Today off to a good start again eating well.  I may not drink tonight.  Or I may have one, or a maximum of two.  But if I eat well all day, and I work out, and I don't pig out and go overboard, I can absolutely do that and be doing great.  

Another new adventure today.  Nice weather here in the NYC area.  I plan to get a second workout in later today as the daughter and I go for a bike ride.  It won't be anything crazy, but would be nice to at least get in another 30 mins of exercise.  Possibly a walk with the family as well.
I love that you're recommitting on the food side.  Yesterday when I stuff

Willpower doesn't stop you from doing something when you want to do it. Willpower helps you do the thing you're trying to do. You are trying to eat and drink right now. You aren't trying not to.

You aren't failing to diet.  You're choosing to eat and drink. When you actually choose to diet, you will. 
What I mean is that you need to change your mindset to focus on your diet, and it sounds like you're doing that, and that's great.  

But I also want to put in a pitch to record your food. No judgement, just track everything you eat, down to the cookie.  Be honest about it and you will find that just seeing what you've got left for calories for the day becomes your motivation to stay under your goal.

It's something that you can actively do, instead of actively not doing something like eating big meals or drinking or snacking at night. Iknow it sounds like more work than just not eating so much but trust me, it's a lot easier to actively do something than to not do something.  

Think of it this way - you only have to write down your food a few times a day when you eat or drink. You have to avoid eating hundreds of times a day. 

For last night: 31 minutes. Just going up and down the stairs in our apartment. 10 stories. I did the math on how many trips and stairs per story - 1020 stairs up and down. my calves are angry.

11/100- Too tired to ride after work this morning, and when I woke up it was raining, so I just did a 30min low impact HIIT routine off youtube. Now back to wearing the same janky surgical mask that I wore last night for another 12 hour shift! :excited:

Wife and I were doing great for more than a month. Working out together every day except Sat/Sun. She stopped about 3 weeks ago and other than a few push-ups and a few squats I haven't done anything. 

I worked out a little light today just to get the rust off. Ill take it slow tomorrow and then ramp it back up. 

With the wife and both TEENAGE daughters home all day we've been treating it almost like a vacation. Time to get back on a schedule. 

:TightensHeadbandLikeRambo:

50 minutes of walking today. My back tried to talk me out of it, but I managed my regular midday walk. There will be no evening walk, I barely made it to the mailbox and back.

We're expecting rain, and I haven't had a day off since 3/15. Kinda rooting for bad weather.  :lmao:

50 minutes of walking today. My back tried to talk me out of it, but I managed my regular midday walk. There will be no evening walk, I barely made it to the mailbox and back.

We're expecting rain, and I haven't had a day off since 3/15. Kinda rooting for bad weather.  :lmao:
Umbrellas down?

Users who are viewing this thread