What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

This is my main workout plan right now.  It's the one I talked @Otis into and he kept at it longer than anything else you all have managed.  It splits the 5-day out to 6-day but has the same volume. 

https://tybp.us/2lQYHFb
I did it for a couple years. Got stronger than I ever was. And if my diet weren’t crap I’d probably have looked pretty fit. It is the workout plan that sort of got me back on the fitness horse after doing absolutely nothing for years. Good plan. 

Thanks to all for the yoga feedback. Will start working that into the plan in 2 weeks. 
I’m two days in, so basically a yoga expert, but I’m a fan. Wait until you get to the advanced move like the Boston crab. Neat!

Day 3 off to a bad start. Will need to solve and backfill. Some jackhat set an 8am video conference, so I need to get showered and ready for that, and Mrs. O slept in, so no time for a row. I’ll do a midday yoga session, but want to work in a row later too. 

Tomorrow Mrs. O and I have a day trip out of town, but it should allow me to get in my morning row, squeezing in yoga later will be tricker but hopefully doable.  

Anyone want to take my kids and dog?  TIA 

Morning yoga nerds. Day 3 of cooking with Andrea. Reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

The beginner flow (the original 2015 30 days of yoga) has some balance exercises and something you might not have tried before called a three legged dog. https://youtu.be/FqGHWXjgn-M

I just previewed the advanced flow and I have good news and bad news.  It's another short one - under 20 minutes. But it's tough.  Like the beginners, we'll be doing three legged dogs but with some extra core goodness. And side planks. ####### side planks..  https://youtu.be/6rh6pVGTqRU

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats  @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning yoga nerds. Day 3 of cooking with Andrea. Reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

The beginner flow (the original 2015 30 days of yoga) has some balance exercises and something you might not have tried before called a three legged dog. https://youtu.be/FqGHWXjgn-M

I just previewed the advanced flow and I have good news and bad news.  It's another short one - under 20 minutes. But it's tough.  Like the beginners, we'll be doing three legged dogs but with some extra core goodness. And side planks. ####### side planks..  https://youtu.be/6rh6pVGTqRU

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats  @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus
It wasn't too bad.  The more difficult stuff went quickly and then there'd be a little rest.  The bad news:  yogi bicycles!  The good news:  Benji is back!  I hated yesterday's set and no Benji - it was all very dreary. 

Which brings me to a minor complaint about this one vs. the HOME program I did the first time.  The latter was a planned 30-day program and felt cohesive, whereas this is 30 days of stuff she's done in the past that she'd repackaged as "Courage."  It doesn't feel like the flow is as good so far.  I did like today's, though - good workout without feeling impossible.  And there was no request to raise your leg in side plank!

“Otis, ok, so we know you suck at stretching and also at standing on the tops of your feet as opposed to the bottom — what else are you terrible at?”

”Oh man.  Balancing.  I suck at balancing.”

”Cool.  Let’s do that for 30 minutes.”

Day 3 of Alyssa down.  Heading downstairs to row now.....

“Otis, ok, so we know you suck at stretching and also at standing on the tops of your feet as opposed to the bottom — what else are you terrible at?”

”Oh man.  Balancing.  I suck at balancing.”

”Cool.  Let’s do that for 30 minutes.”

Day 3 of Alyssa down.  Heading downstairs to row now.....
Dude this is going to be 30 days of things you suck at but by the end you won't suck as badly at them. 

It wasn't too bad.  The more difficult stuff went quickly and then there'd be a little rest.  The bad news:  yogi bicycles! 
The good news - I laughed out loud today. 

The bad news - it was at the end when she told us it was ok to curse her name because I had literally said #### you Adriene about two minutes earlier when she said "ok, 30 more seconds!". Yup, during those yogi bicycles.

Honestly when I finished the side planks and she said to turn around and lie down on the mat I thought she was going to tell me to lie down and envision peaceful ####, not take it to yet another level.  It wasn't that bad, and I am happy that I'm getting better at side planks, but only in the sense that I'd still obviously prefer never to have to do them again. 

People must really be missing the gym.  Yesterday while out on my ride I saw some dude on an elliptical bike, just cruising down the street.  It looked exactly like what you see at the gym, except it had two wheels underneath.  

Dude this is going to be 30 days of things you suck at but by the end you won't suck as badly at them. 
Yep. I remember my first time dabbling in this. It was pilates and not yoga, but they're very similar. I was in my mid 20's and probably the bets physical shape of my life. My first several sessions were an abject disaster. 

@eaganwildcats I think I went into some portal in asensai. Today I had a totally new instructor, some boy band dude named Johan (I already miss Eric), and we walked into a place called Row Club with a class of people. Was a good 25 minute workout, I did my best ever 500m split time of 1:46. But I preferred Eric. Note, I just keep going with the next workout they offer me. Maybe it’s because I subscribed?  Oh well. 

/r/outoftheloop we just changing the poor girl's name in every post because nobody can spell it right?
The lone person identifying as a female in this thread may have asked that all the other thread participants correctly spell Alinda's name.  So all the other members of the thread have responded as would be expected from immature middle school students.

Just another day in the circus known as FFA.

Otis, what have you eaten so far today in the midst of all this rowing and yogapose madness?

Thank you for asking.  A few cups of coffee, and finally at 3:30 pm I rolled through a 190 Sabra avocado toast package.  And water.  I’ve been rolling on just that.  Oh and a thirst for glory. 

Otis, what have you eaten so far today in the midst of all this rowing and yogapose madness?

Thank you for asking.  A few cups of coffee, and finally at 3:30 pm I rolled through a 190 Sabra avocado toast package.  And water.  I’ve been rolling on just that.  Oh and a thirst for glory. 
I suddenly have great concern for Thursday Otis' decision making.

@eaganwildcats I think I went into some portal in asensai. Today I had a totally new instructor, some boy band dude named Johan (I already miss Eric), and we walked into a place called Row Club with a class of people. Was a good 25 minute workout, I did my best ever 500m split time of 1:46. But I preferred Eric. Note, I just keep going with the next workout they offer me. Maybe it’s because I subscribed?  Oh well. 
Yeah I subscribed too. Maybe they have a fancy algorithm to give you the workout you need. I think I did that one last Friday - Johan was effortlessly pulling like 1:35 if memory serves. 

aryannas day 16 + Ambuh's (she's from boston) day 3 kicked my ###.  more specifically my wrists.  and all of the one legged business is very challenging, but fun!  #fsideplanks

gonna wait a bit to do today's pushups.  

here's a positive to yoga.  getting into and out of the car, in the 2 car garage, with the door not fully open. has become much easier and graceful.  i'm not grunting nearly as much :D  

i'll take saturday afternoon, for a rack.  

he should be feeling pretty damn good about himself, so deserves a treat/s*.(this is often my downfall)

*booze
One thing's for certain - the moment Otis flips the 'this is easy!' switch failure is usually not too far behind.

This is not going to be easy. Telling yourself that is when you fail. So tell yourself that this will be hard. Go eat dinner. Stay the #### away from the liquor cabinet. And if you open the pantry I hope a loose oreo falls out of it's perch and penetrates your eyeball.

you're gonna need more fuel.  your body will get to a point where it will demand fuel.  that's when the binging begins.  this also happens to me.  if i don't eat enough during the day, i am STARVING at night.  

you're gonna need more fuel.  your body will get to a point where it will demand fuel.  that's when the binging begins.  this also happens to me.  if i don't eat enough during the day, i am STARVING at night.  
:goodposting:

Lots of different sets of circumstances trigger bad decision making, but an empty stomach and a lack of willpower is a lethal combination. 

One thing's for certain - the moment Otis flips the 'this is easy!' switch failure is usually not too far behind.

This is not going to be easy. Telling yourself that is when you fail. So tell yourself that this will be hard. Go eat dinner. Stay the #### away from the liquor cabinet. And if you open the pantry I hope a loose oreo falls out of it's perch and penetrates your eyeball.
:lmao:

I’ve had two (2) cookies each night after dinner for the past few nights.  I’m oddly to the point where I don’t want more snacks after that.   :shrug:

I am, however, continuing to drink lightly.  White wine mixed in with 50% seltzer and ice.  I have a few of those and I’m good to go.  I’ve even had a scotch and cigar here or there.  I can’t have more than 1-2 scotches, so I’m good.

Bottom line, don’t worry guys I got this, because Sabrina told me to focus on my intention when I was sitting Indian style. 

:lmao:

I’ve had two (2) cookies each night after dinner for the past few nights.  I’m oddly to the point where I don’t want more snacks after that.   :shrug:

I am, however, continuing to drink lightly.  White wine mixed in with 50% seltzer and ice.  I have a few of those and I’m good to go.  I’ve even had a scotch and cigar here or there.  I can’t have more than 1-2 scotches, so I’m good.

Bottom line, don’t worry guys I got this, because Sabrina told me to focus on my intention when I was sitting Indian style. 
It's been...**checks notes**...3 days.

You don't have this. When it's been 3 months, you still haven't relapsed, and conquered a real life hurdle somewhere along the way then maybe you can begin to tell yourself that you do. Til then, you don't.

5000m row in 23:56. First time breaking the 24 minute mark for me 👍

Knocked out another 100 pushups, up to 300 for the week 

I don’t have it but I will say this thread is helping me get there  

Beer me 🍺
Nice. Get it. And enjoy that beer. 

@berndog what rower are you on?  If a Concept2 I do recommend the asensei app. It’s pretty solid and keeps things interesting. 

Nice. Get it. And enjoy that beer. 

@berndog what rower are you on?  If a Concept2 I do recommend the asensei app. It’s pretty solid and keeps things interesting. 
I bought an older Concept2 so it has the PM3.  I think an upgrade to the PM5 is in my future which well let me use the asensei 

Ran 3 miles. Off day from pushups and did my yoga early so i tried a couple extra side planks just to see how they feel because they are my nemesis. I am able to hold them longer and longer each time.  I might add those in to my regular routine on alternate days with my pushups.  Would love to get to the point where they're just another exercise. 

Felt good afterwards. Started to pour myself a glass of wine, and looked at the last page.  Decided against it.  Thank you @Otis , in a way you are leading by example.  

DA RAIDERS said:
i don't have it yet

fred_1_15301 said:
I don’t either but I’m also willing to admit that.  And I’m ok with it.  Just trying to generally lead a healthier lifestyle.  That’s my main goal and I feel like I can accomplish that.

kevzilla said:
I don't have it. I've lost 70 pounds, none of them in the last month or so. Still have 60 to go. I'll continue to get better at it over time, because that is my intention.

berndog said:
5000m row in 23:56. First time breaking the 24 minute mark for me 👍

Knocked out another 100 pushups, up to 300 for the week 

I don’t have it but I will say this thread is helping me get there  

Beer me 🍺
We Love ya @Otis

Day 4 of doing yoga together but a reminder that anyone can start at any time. 

The beginner flow (the original 2015 30 days of yoga) is all about back health and has some new moves including a couple twists and a lot ot work starting from plank position. If you're new you might find it easier to do this one with a tablet at the front of your yoga mat/area because you'll be looking down a decent amount today. https://youtu.be/gLQsM6geGzs

The advanced flow today is a short flow for the arms, only 15 minutes and not very intense, so I'm  going to call an audible here and have you do day 6 of the 2015 flow instead (or in addition, if you're looking for a longer workout). This is entitled six pack abs and it has more of those yogi bicycles we did yesterday, plus a bunch of other good core strength exercises.  I actually love the little stir thing she does later in the flow.  https://youtu.be/tWPpdP4IhEY.  Tomorrow and the next day are 45 minutes and 60 minutes, so enjoy the shorter practice today - or do the original plan with https://youtu.be/7agiIk9KgyI - or maybe both.

Whatever you do, enjoy your day and post your results, but if you do end up trying the six pack abs, let me know what you think.  I've gone back and done it quite a few times now and it still kicks my butt but not quite as badly as it did that first time.

@krista4 @fred_1_15301 @Otis @DA RAIDERS @eaganwildcats @Dickies @Ministry of Pain @[icon] @culdeus @Poke_4_Life

I’ve gotta say yoga has been helping a lot this week.  I’ve had a very bad sore throat this week that has really made me feel weak.  I tried 30 minutes of body combat yesterday (normally do 45-55 minutes) and could only finish 15 before having to stop.  Yoga has kept me active.

An early morning with a lot of hectic stuff getting the dog fed, walked, over to the stupid doggy daycare place, getting the girls fed, and getting the girls ready for the day, as Mrs. O and I are about to jump in the car for a day trip.  Lots of good reasons I could blow today off.

Instead I crept upstairs to the attic at 6 while everyone was sleeping and did Day 4 with Sophia, focusing on back cracking (easiest one so far I must say, and my downward dog may even be improving), and then went and snuck in a row ( @eaganwildcats -- this was a quick one, and it was really poorly explained, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do with it, but it ended up being less than 10 minutes; basically they keep throwing 100 meters at you and you have to finish it in shorter and shorter time -- I was only able to do 1k, because I didn't pace myself, the explanation was horrible and I didn't know what I was looking at, so I just pulled all out for the first couple hundred meters; it then dawned on my what the game was; I'm sure I could have gone a couple thousand more meters had I known... anyway...  other weird blip -- it says my next workout up is the first one with Eric Murray; like the very intro one.  WTF?  I've gone into some terrible asensei program loop nobody ever caught in testing, and it's giving me weird crap... not sure how to resolve ... I'll figure it out tomorrow, but I really don't want to redo the easy intro workouts at this point...)

I splurged and had two (2) hard boiled eggs for breakfast with my coffee.  Figure it'll help me make less bad choices while on the road.  

Go get 'em today gang.  

The advanced flow today is a short flow for the arms, only 15 minutes and not very intense, so I'm  going to call an audible here and have you do day 6 of the 2015 flow instead (or in addition, if you're looking for a longer workout). This is entitled six pack abs and it has more of those yogi bicycles we did yesterday, plus a bunch of other good core strength exercises.  I actually love the little stir thing she does later in the flow.  https://youtu.be/tWPpdP4IhEY.  Tomorrow and the next day are 45 minutes and 60 minutes, so enjoy the shorter practice today - or do the original plan with https://youtu.be/7agiIk9KgyI - or maybe both.
I did the one from the program instead of the audible, and it was actually harder for me than any of the first three.  When it comes to me...flexibility?  Check.  Core strength?  Check.  Balance?  Check-ish. Upper body strength?  None.  So all those push-ups were really difficult for me.

I'll try to do the other one later today.

I did the one from the program instead of the audible, and it was actually harder for me than any of the first three.  When it comes to me...flexibility?  Check.  Core strength?  Check.  Balance?  Check-ish. Upper body strength?  None.  So all those push-ups were really difficult for me.

I'll try to do the other one later today.
You're pretty much the only one I wanted to do the audible so

My plan was to do them in succession, but that first one was more difficult for me than expected.
Good to know. I already knocked out my pushups for the day so I'll do the audible first and if I've got time will try this one. Eventually plan to do home day 6 so we finally know what the other was talking about 

Users who are viewing this thread