Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️

Under calories and no booze yesterday, but was a little over my sodium.

Walked the dog this morning and then walked myself so ended up with a total over a little over 3 miles.  (My dog is getting some age on him and I need to keep him to a mile or so in this heat.)

Keep up the good work.

• Like 4

Looking back at previous workout data is pretty startling. On 6/25 I did a 5.7 mile walk and my heart rate got up to 180 bpm by the end. Today I walked 6 miles at a slightly faster pace and my max heart rate was 145. :bowtie:  Will be putting a few extra croutons in my salad to celebrate.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, caustic said:

Looking back at previous workout data is pretty startling. On 6/25 I did a 5.7 mile walk and my heart rate got up to 180 bpm by the end. Today I walked 6 miles at a slightly faster pace and my max heart rate was 145. :bowtie:  Will be putting a few extra croutons in my salad to celebrate.

This is fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Speaking of feet, my plantar fascia seem to have calmed down considerably, despite a higher volume of exercise than much of last year. I attribute this to trying to stay on the asphalt as opposed to the concrete sidewalk, which often has crazy tilts and seams that invite injury. Also, I'm a bit of a stumblebum and high af at 6AM. Pace was 18:38.

Kev, I know you are a walking warrior, do you have a bicycle that you can use some fo the time or do you ever ride a bike?

Posted (edited)

Fasting Day 3

So far, so good. Been hydrating, and taking a multivitamin each morning which seems to help. Been so busy with work and home that I find I don’t have much time to sit around and think about being hungry. Boredom is such a driver of eating. 

Last night was my first weak moment, just thinking about my favorite local Mexican joint, and a nice big feast of sangria, chips and salsa, and their birria tacos which are the most amazing thing I’ve ever eaten. But I digress…

Had a cup of bone broth yesterday. Will continue to have bone broth and vegetable broth as needed. 

Haven’t exercised other than walking the dog, mostly because I’ve just been crazed. But I’ll continue to at least do that when I can, and will also try and get some yoga going again. 

One other thing that I discovered is alcohol free whiskey. It’s not whiskey at all really. But it’s no alcohol and no calories and I can pour it over a large ice cube in a scotch glass and it feels like a treat. It sort of quenches the urge for a real drink at the end of the night. It’s absurd because they charge you like $50 a bottle for water, fruit juice, and some kind of spices, but if it helps tame my alcohol cravings it’s well worth the price of admission. 

https://drinkmonday.co/products/monday-non-alcoholic-whiskey

Onwards into Day 3. Right around here is where I usually throw in the towel. Let’s see what we can do. 

Edited by Otis
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Under calories and no booze yesterday, but was a little over my sodium.

Walked the dog this morning and then walked myself so ended up with a total over a little over 3 miles.  (My dog is getting some age on him and I need to keep him to a mile or so in this heat.)

Keep up the good work.

Hard liquor makes me want to eat even more than when I smoke cheeba

12 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Crushed a 7 mile hike this morning.  2k elevation gain. Could have left an hour earlier. That HI sun is hot. Even at 7am. We hiked up to the L, above Lahaina  spectacular views!

And I have problems getting psyched up for a rather flat 3 mile trip around the golf course...sounds like you had an amazing hike. 

19 hours ago, caustic said:

I don't track the walk and bike rides as well as i should but I also see progress over time and when I stick with it. Tennis is a better reflection of how far I have come. I'm happy for you zeroing in on your heart rate over the same distance staying pretty low. That's awesome and shows a lot of progress. Many times it's not the number on the scale, we can track progress in other ways. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Otis said:

Fasting Day 3

So far, so good. Been hydrating, and taking a multivitamin each morning which seems to help. Been so busy with work and home that I find I don’t have much time to sit around and think about being hungry. Boredom is such a driver of eating. 

Last night was my first weak moment, just thinking about my favorite local Mexican joint, and a nice big feast of sangria, chips and salsa, and their birria tacos which are the most amazing thing I’ve ever eaten. But I digress…

Had a cup of bone broth yesterday. Will continue to have bone broth and vegetable broth as needed. 

Haven’t exercised other than walking the dog, mostly because I’ve just been crazed. But I’ll continue to at least do that when I can, and will also try and get some yoga going again. 

One other thing that I discovered is alcohol free whiskey. It’s not whiskey at all really. But it’s no alcohol and no calories and I can pour it over a large ice cube in a scotch glass and it feels like a treat. It sort of quenches the urge for a real drink at the end of the night. It’s absurd because they charge you like $50 a bottle for water, fruit juice, and some kind of spices, but if it helps tame my alcohol cravings it’s well worth the price of admission. 

https://drinkmonday.co/products/monday-non-alcoholic-whiskey

Onwards into Day 3. Right around here is where I usually throw in the towel. Let’s see what we can do. 

There is a lot going on in this post. I connect with the taco joint ye speak of, that's my biggest problem near my house and I don't know what a birria taco is but we have a taco that has portobello mushrooms with chimichurri on top, just devine. 

You are fasting more than 16-24 hours? Almost sounds like a cleanse. Alcohol free whiskey I might not be ready for but it's a great idea and suggestion, might even get a bottle just to have for others who visit. 

-I do think an alcohol free bar that uses those type of non alcohol liquors like you highlight and makes delicious alcohol free drinks mixed with good food could be a big hit and I know these bars exist in some of the bigger cities. 

Good Luck Otis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ministry of Pain said:

There is a lot going on in this post. I connect with the taco joint ye speak of, that's my biggest problem near my house and I don't know what a birria taco is but we have a taco that has portobello mushrooms with chimichurri on top, just devine. 

You are fasting more than 16-24 hours? Almost sounds like a cleanse. Alcohol free whiskey I might not be ready for but it's a great idea and suggestion, might even get a bottle just to have for others who visit. 

-I do think an alcohol free bar that uses those type of non alcohol liquors like you highlight and makes delicious alcohol free drinks mixed with good food could be a big hit and I know these bars exist in some of the bigger cities. 

Good Luck Otis

This is becoming a "thing" in the hipster parts of Brooklyn, for example.  An alcohol free bar, with all sorts of craft alcohol free drinks, is opening up around the block from my buddy's house.  I could see this becoming a trend as people become increasingly health conscious.  Actually, if you think about it, could alcohol eventually go the way smoking did?  Obviously a little different since alcohol has been here since the dawn of time, but the cigarette craze came and went in, what, 100 years?  Will people wake up and realize that nothing good comes from alcohol?  Anyway, I bought two more bottles of this stuff I've been enjoying it so much.  I have it out back with a cigar some nights and it seems to hit the urge.

I'm not doing a cleanse, so much as an extended fast -- my target is my first fast of 7-14 days, though I'm not sure I'll get there.  Really I'm not pushing myself crazy hard, and everything I've read basically says just listen to your body, and if you start to feel really off and not well, don't mess around, go eat some food.  I've done some 3-4 day fasts in recent months, and typically I feel amazing.  A couple of times I got light headed and didn't feel right, but I think that's because I was doing it wrong -- I wasn't taking multivitamins, and I wasn't having bone broth.  I'm doing both those things this go round, and, so far at least, feeling great. The scale also says I'm down 8 lbs in 2 days, which is kind of ridiculous, but makes sense given my overindulgence last week/weekend.  So, I'm back below 225.  I'd love to keep this up to get below 220, and I'm pretty sure a 7-14 day fast gets me there.  We'll see.  One day at time.  I may end up giving up Friday night for dinner out with the missus or something, which still would be a full 5 days, not bad.  But I think the best health benefits (full changeover to burning a meaningful amount of fat) really hit after 7 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Kev, I know you are a walking warrior, do you have a bicycle that you can use some of the time or do you ever ride a bike?

No bike. If there's anything motorists and pedestrians in Austin agree on, it's that cyclists are the worst. :lmao:

Starting my walk in the full dark again, days are getting relentlessly shorter. Pace was 18:47. Felt faster, but as long as I don't tweak something and it's >3 mph, we're good.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Otis said:

This is becoming a "thing" in the hipster parts of Brooklyn, for example.  An alcohol free bar, with all sorts of craft alcohol free drinks, is opening up around the block from my buddy's house.  I could see this becoming a trend as people become increasingly health conscious.  Actually, if you think about it, could alcohol eventually go the way smoking did?  Obviously a little different since alcohol has been here since the dawn of time, but the cigarette craze came and went in, what, 100 years?  Will people wake up and realize that nothing good comes from alcohol?  Anyway, I bought two more bottles of this stuff I've been enjoying it so much.  I have it out back with a cigar some nights and it seems to hit the urge.

I'm not doing a cleanse, so much as an extended fast -- my target is my first fast of 7-14 days, though I'm not sure I'll get there.  Really I'm not pushing myself crazy hard, and everything I've read basically says just listen to your body, and if you start to feel really off and not well, don't mess around, go eat some food.  I've done some 3-4 day fasts in recent months, and typically I feel amazing.  A couple of times I got light headed and didn't feel right, but I think that's because I was doing it wrong -- I wasn't taking multivitamins, and I wasn't having bone broth.  I'm doing both those things this go round, and, so far at least, feeling great. The scale also says I'm down 8 lbs in 2 days, which is kind of ridiculous, but makes sense given my overindulgence last week/weekend.  So, I'm back below 225.  I'd love to keep this up to get below 220, and I'm pretty sure a 7-14 day fast gets me there.  We'll see.  One day at time.  I may end up giving up Friday night for dinner out with the missus or something, which still would be a full 5 days, not bad.  But I think the best health benefits (full changeover to burning a meaningful amount of fat) really hit after 7 days.

-It's definitely a trend in places like where you are in New York. I think an affluent community like Palm Beach down here would do very well with a few of these popping up. Not everyone drinks alcohol and if you were to combine that idea with perhaps a vegetarian or fairly healthy menu, I think you'd have a huge hit even if drinkers avoided it, there's plenty of folks who would support it. 

-The amount of weight you can drop thru fasting is unreal. I've done it and your numbers are right in line with the kind of quick drop you get from one of these. I'm starting back with more exercise but somewhere in these coming weeks will be a longer fast period. I would keep drinking plenty of fluids especially water.  

• Like 1

First thing this morning I walked the dog a little over a mile (pace 19:27) and did a 40-min down dog yoga session with upper body focus.  

Under calories and sodium yesterday and off the booze.  

Keep up the good work.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Otis said:

The scale also says I'm down 8 lbs in 2 days, which is kind of ridiculous, but makes sense given my overindulgence last week/weekend.

Yes, like for me, at my current 225, my body burns about 2300 calories a day if I'm sedentary. A pound of fat is 3500 calories.  So if I didn't eat for 2 days and didn't exercise, I'd be looking at losing about 1 1/4 pounds of actual body mass.  

I sometimes have 8 lb swings over the weekend, like this last one when I made a pair of homemade pizzas, and didn't drink as much water as normal. And that happens even though I did enough exercise those days to either hold steady or even lose a little weight. It comes back off when I go back to normal meals and amounts, and drink more water.

Edited by GregR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GregR said:

Yes, like for me, at my current 225, my body burns about 2300 calories a day if I'm sedentary. A pound of fat is 3500 calories.  So if I didn't eat for 2 days and didn't exercise, I'd be looking at losing about 1 1/4 pounds of actual body mass. 

Yup, I'm also at 225 as of this morning (233 two days ago).  I figure I'm good for losing 0.5-1 lbs of fat for each fasting day once my body switches over to ketosis and starts burning fat as fuel.  So if I can go, for example, another 5 days fasted, I likely can get below 220.  

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Otis said:

Yup, I'm also at 225 as of this morning (233 two days ago).  I figure I'm good for losing 0.5-1 lbs of fat for each fasting day once my body switches over to ketosis and starts burning fat as fuel.  So if I can go, for example, another 5 days fasted, I likely can get below 220.  

This thread is 5 years old, glad you are finally getting serious. 😄

• Like 1

I do an occasional water fast. That's where you buy a bag of breakfast burritos from Wal-Mart and inhale them over the course of 2-3 days. Eventually, everything in your gut turns to water and comes out fast.

Pace was 18:33. I'll show myself out.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 4

Well, at dinner time tonight it’ll be a full 4 days fasting.  And I think I’m out for this go round.  Felt great until midday today.  It’s possible this is just keto cravings/the break from sugar, it could be that I barely slept last night, but I’ve now got a blasting headache and just really tired and out of it.  I’ll see how I feel in a couple hours, but if it doesn’t pass, I’m going to order up some kind of healthy grain bowl and a glass of wine.

Posted (edited)

I’m out. 

4 days. Pretty good. Still haven’t hit my 7 day goal, but maybe next time.  

ETA: it’s the next morning, and I’m bummed I didn’t try harder to push through. Maybe some Tylenol and salty broth would have gotten me through. Curious to know how I would have felt on the other side of that.  And I wonder if from there, it would have been smooth sailing to day 7. It could simply have been the keto flu, albeit magnified by the fact that I hadn’t just given up sugar, but calories period. 

In any event, for the next one I’ll be wary of day 4, and maybe make some special plans to be ready for that.

Edited by Otis
  • Like 6

On 7/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, GregR said:

This week:  223 lbs       Last week:  225 lbs

Change:  -2 lbs               Loss to date:  58 lbs

------------------------------

Target weight:  207 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs
May 7:       251 lbs
May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
May 28:     245 lbs
June 4:      239 lbs
June 11:    235 lbs
June 18:    235 lbs
June 25:    231 lbs
July 2:       229 lbs
July 9:       232 lbs
July 16:     227 lbs
July 23:     225 lbs
July 30:     223 lbs

Down two pounds for the week. I've focused on looking back at how much I've lost, but now I'm getting near enough to my initial goal (207) that I'm starting to look ahead to how much is left to my goal. If I can keep going at 2lbs a week I will be there in 2 months.

Mixed in more walks this week. Usually I do about 2.5 miles per walk. Did 3.2 last night, with brief jogs to keep my heart rate up.

Finished 2nd month of physical therapy. Doc referred me to an orthopedist, and he's sending me for an MRI given how long the injury has lingered. If it ends up being something that requires surgery he doesn't want to have it keep waiting. So waiting for that to be cleared with insurance and scheduled. Pain level is much improved though since I strained it in a second area a couple of weeks ago, adding small weights back into the exercises. Just going to keep doing the exercises at home, I know the routines pretty much now, and can stop back in if I need advice they said.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 7/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, kevzilla said:

I do an occasional water fast. That's where you buy a bag of breakfast burritos from Wal-Mart and inhale them over the course of 2-3 days. Eventually, everything in your gut turns to water and comes out fast.

:lmao:

I heard a comedian once on stage say they were never more than 24 hours removed from diarrhea either in their past or future, maybe it was Louis CK

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GregR said:

Down two pounds for the week. I've focused on looking back at how much I've lost, but now I'm getting near enough to my initial goal (207) that I'm starting to look ahead to how much is left to my goal. If I can keep going at 2lbs a week I will be there in 2 months.

Mixed in more walks this week. Usually I do about 2.5 miles per walk. Did 3.2 last night, with brief jogs to keep my heart rate up.

Finished 2nd month of physical therapy. Doc referred me to an orthopedist, and he's sending me for an MRI given how long the injury has lingered. If it ends up being something that requires surgery he doesn't want to have it keep waiting. So waiting for that to be cleared with insurance and scheduled. Pain level is much improved though since I strained it in a second area a couple of weeks ago, adding small weights back into the exercises. Just going to keep doing the exercises at home, I know the routines pretty much now, and can stop back in if I need advice they said.

This is beautiful Greg and congrads on shedding over 50 lbs already, amazing. You had to drop at least 2-3 pants sizes, I bet it's fun to go clothes shopping for once even if you don't get into fashion much. 

Not too familiar with this injury you reference, did that have something to do with the weight gain? Trying to lose weight while in pain or injured, that's gotta be pretty tough. 

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm getting better at listening to my body, instead of plunging forward mindlessly. Of course, it's sub-optimal that I'm having this road-to-Damascus moment at the age of 60, but better late than never, one supposes. Pace was 18:34.

• Like 4

Already today I have walked a little over 2 miles (18:17 pace) and did a 40-min down dog yoga session w/ core focus.  

Under calories and no booze yesterday.  Sodium was around 2,000mg.  

Keep up the good work!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Otis said:

I’m out. 

4 days. Pretty good. Still haven’t hit my 7 day goal, but maybe next time.  

ETA: it’s the next morning, and I’m bummed I didn’t try harder to push through. Maybe some Tylenol and salty broth would have gotten me through. Curious to know how I would have felt on the other side of that.  And I wonder if from there, it would have been smooth sailing to day 7. It could simply have been the keto flu, albeit magnified by the fact that I hadn’t just given up sugar, but calories period. 

In any event, for the next one I’ll be wary of day 4, and maybe make some special plans to be ready for that.

You also could simply limit your window to something like Noon to 8pm or even a smaller window of between Noon and 4 let's say and you don't have to go thru so much agony and can sustain it over time. 

End of week update --

Going to start with the bad, which was my diet. Family visited over the weekend and we ate out twice. They also brought us some chocolate chip cookies and an incredible coconut cream pie, which I've been working on all week. And I'm pretty sure I went over my booze goal by a couple drinks. So...yeah. There were a couple very good days sprinkled in there, so not a 100% disaster, but nowhere near good enough. In 8 days we're leaving for vacation where I don't expect my diet to be perfect either, so it's very important for the upcoming week to be solid.

The exercise side of things was really good, though. I already mentioned the heart rate improvement during my workouts which is exciting.  I walked 14 miles and ran 4.5, and on Tuesday my Apple watch said that I broke my single-day personal record for active calories burned (1,280). On my harder runs I've been getting killer side stitches, so I did a few Chloe Ting core strengthening workouts to potentially help with that. No immediate improvement but I'll keep at it for a while. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Edited by caustic
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ministry of Pain said:

You also could simply limit your window to something like Noon to 8pm or even a smaller window of between Noon and 4 let's say and you don't have to go thru so much agony and can sustain it over time. 

Actually thinking of maybe doing a weekly fast — it’s not hard for me — to just not eat on Mondays, or Monday-Tuesdays, or through Weds, etc. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

This is beautiful Greg and congrads on shedding over 50 lbs already, amazing. You had to drop at least 2-3 pants sizes, I bet it's fun to go clothes shopping for once even if you don't get into fashion much. 

Not too familiar with this injury you reference, did that have something to do with the weight gain? Trying to lose weight while in pain or injured, that's gotta be pretty tough. 

Thank you, greatly appreciated it. Yes, was wearing 42 (sometimes stretchy) before, and am into non-stretchy 36 waist now.

Shoulder, I had decided I'd do pushups before each exercise bike ride. Start with 10 each time, easy right?  Third day of that, strained a muscle in my shoulder. That was late March. 2.5 months later it had improved at first but then hadn't gotten any better for awhile, so I went to the doc. She sent me to physical therapy. Which helped, until we aggravated it one day we upped the weights. Then I strained a different muscle in it entirely moving a box I didn't expect to be heavy. 

So I haven't really done any weight lifting outside of the strengthening stuff from the physical therapy.  Just cardio and dieting to lose the weight.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've been doing something differently in my yoga in the last month or two, namely that I stay until the end instead of quitting when the "hard" parts are over.  I've forced myself to wait to turn off the video until Adriene says "Namaste."  And I also don't skip over any slow parts at the beginning.  I do each session as intended.

Do I see a difference?  Dunno.  But I figured @bostonfred would be proud of me, anyway.

Also, I wanted to recommend this week's Yoga for Climbers.  It's not a long session (about 30 minutes) but has some poses I hadn't seen in Adriene videos before, and they were fun.  Also, "climber" is as close as I've been to filling a "Yoga for _______" Adriene description, since I used to climb even though I'm a slug now.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Otis said:

Actually thinking of maybe doing a weekly fast — it’s not hard for me — to just not eat on Mondays, or Monday-Tuesdays, or through Weds, etc. 

Mon-Wed has never been your problem.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GregR said:

Thank you, greatly appreciated it. Yes, was wearing 42 (sometimes stretchy) before, and am into non-stretchy 36 waist now.

Shoulder, I had decided I'd do pushups before each exercise bike ride. Start with 10 each time, easy right?  Third day of that, strained a muscle in my shoulder. That was late March. 2.5 months later it had improved at first but then hadn't gotten any better for awhile, so I went to the doc. She sent me to physical therapy. Which helped, until we aggravated it one day we upped the weights. Then I strained a different muscle in it entirely moving a box I didn't expect to be heavy. 

So I haven't really done any weight lifting outside of the strengthening stuff from the physical therapy.  Just cardio and dieting to lose the weight.

I keep hinting at lifting weights but I never follow thru. I was going to do the road to 100 pushups but never pulled the trigger and you're not exactly making me want to start now. 😆

I was 240 last March when the pandemic started and quickly found shelter in here and got down to 180, maybe I spent an hour in the 170s but I typically bounce in the 185 range however I packed on a few and I hate to post this but I was a whopping 199 on Monday 🤮, got serious or at least busier this week, 195 this morning, hoping I can just keep moving back down. I want to look sharp when my son visits in about 6 weeks. I have a lot planned for us. 

My life has changed a lot but I think the biggest thing has been the improvement in my Tennis game, when I came back down 50 from the pandemic, I can do things with a racket and a tennis ball I could never do prior, I try not to bore these folks with endless tennis stories because most folks do not play.

My motive was honestly just self preservation when the pandemic first broke, it then became something more I would say.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I keep hinting at lifting weights but I never follow thru. I was going to do the road to 100 pushups but never pulled the trigger and you're not exactly making me want to start now. 😆

I'm doing wall pushups now. Stand 2-3 feet from the wall, lean forward, down until my nose touches the wall and push back up.  Wish I'd started with that, or maybe doing push ups from my knees instead of my feet.  Also, keep the elbows in close to the body instead of out at right angles (which was probably my biggest mistake).

But, you should give it a try. I mean, my shoulder exercises were with 1, 2, at most 3 pound weights. This wasn't power lifting. And I can see more definition in that shoulder. Therapist sees it too, he noticed it before I did even. It doesn't take a lot to make some positive improvements. Just stick with it. Every other day, do it during commercials or something.

Edited by GregR
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I spent from 2:30-5:00 this morning feeling like I was going to vomit, giving up on needing to vomit, vomiting like crazy, and recovering from vomiting. Guess who had two thumbs and didn't want to walk this morning?

I started off like nothing was wrong. For about 15 minutes, nothing was. The rest was survived with shortened strides and considerable pain, even digging my wrists into my back a couple of times. Like an old guy. Pace was 18:57.

The scale says I lost 0.7 pounds this week. Ok, fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Otis said:

Exactly why this makes sense. Strength on strength.  

You need to manage Thu-Sat better. That's where your focus needs to be and you've been avoiding it for years. If fasting is part of your routine then that's fine, but your routine must come without blowups most weekends. Otherwise your strength does not matter. If your ever to breakthrough 220 and sustain anyway.

• Like 2

I was one of those folks who couldn't log in most of the weekend. And I'm in the middle of a "white out" right now. 

-Tennis Sat Morn but here is the difference...Of the 12 guys we had on court I volunteered to play with the cripples or the 2-3 who have been trying to work their way back from injury. I don't hit the ball as hard with these guys, work on my looping and spin shots and long story short i got a good sweat in anyways and my team lost for once 6-3 6-3 but I had a good time and got to reconnect with some guys we had lost for a while. 

-Bike ride last night, 12 miles in under an hour, lot of wind and my knees/thighs were a little sore later but nothing too painful, kinda felt good in a weird way,. 

What am I going to do today? My guess is another bike ride, maybe a walk if I can find some shade or perhaps along the beach so I can go straight into the water. There's a yoga class floating around out there. And there's a grilled fish with salad somewhere out there with my name on it if I can locate it. 

I wasn't that good over the weekend eating. I met my brother and his wife and we ate things I would never otherwise have eaten. I had a little Bourbon-Whiskey yesterday not a lot but it just gives you a license to want to eat. I had ice cream, really good ice cream on Sat and some more sweets at home yesterday. Not good despite some exercise. Must tighten up this week. 

199-Last Monday

196-This Morning and on we go...

• Like 3

Walked the dog 1.5 miles this morning (19:01 pace), then did a 40-min down dog yoga session.  The session was a bit of a struggle as I moved from Intermediate 1 to Intermediate 2.  I used to do 2 but had moved back to 1 to work on 'perfecting' some of the simpler poses.  Will probably bounce back and forth between 1&2, keeping to 2 the majority of the sessions.  

Weekend I didn't drink too much and didn't eat too poorly but didn't get much exercise and didn't track food at all.  Oh well.  

Keep up the good work!

• Like 3

Still eating and drinking like I’m in Maui. 

howevah!!  

Exercising, nearly every day. Part of the family here, is vegan. Which does lead to the occasional healthy meal. 🤣🤣

I’m looking forward to not drinking every day. 🤣🤣

did 2 YWA and some cardio yesterday. 40 minute HIIT today. 

keep it up people!

• Like 5

Whoever has the voodoo doll needs to knock it off. Just as I was getting up to speed, I was afflicted by shooting pain in my right hip, followed in a minute or so by my right knee. OK, so flank speed is not available, but I continued. They slowly resolved, and I started making time again, for a while. Then the top my left foot really started hurting on every pushoff, and I thought I really wrecked my time. I limp for 20 minutes to get home, and the app says my pace was 18:30. I don't know.

An hour later the foot still hurts like hell on every step. Hope it's not a stress fracture or something. Tune in tomorrow!

• Sad 5