What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

No formal workouts this weekend, but I ended up walking 20 miles and burning 1,700 active calories in the process. Was shooting for 4 drinks and I think I ended up having 5, but as of yesterday morning my blood pressure was still fine at 115/75. Probably had too much sodium, but overall my diet was pretty good by weekend standards. 

Ran another 4 easy miles at 9:30 pace this morning and felt great. Still not sure when I'll be able to resume my harder runs though. No idea what's going on with this foot--it's neither getting worse nor getting better. Pain definitely isn't severe, just persistent. At least the easy runs don't seem to aggravate it at all so I don't have to go back to the elliptical yet. :D  Hope everyone else is doing well!
you prompted me to take my blood pressure.  averaged out at 125/71  3 attempts.   :shrug:  

Did this tonight, finished all 30 without stopping but my shoulder and triceps are feeling it.  Also got on the rower tonight, might do a little more during the game but had to take a break because my kid wanted me to watch him practice drums and he's starting to actually get into it.  

Also completed Day 1 just now and finished all 30.  I thought the first day of workout challenges are supposed to be easy?  Damn that was harder than I thought.  I can already feel myself stronger.  Peeking ahead at Day 2 and that upper body challenge looks nasty.

Again not a great day eating (obviously something I need to work on) but limited the snacks (outside of those 2 pumpkin chocolate chip cookies   :lmao:  ) and no booze.  Walked 2 miles today at around a 15:30 pace which helped me hit my 600 calorie goal. 

Had been slacking on MFP so I got back to logging everything yesterday. Diet was actually really good. Despite eating a breakfast with 1,100 mg of sodium (flour tortillas—yikes!) I was somehow able to squeeze under my 2,300 mg allotment for the day. Also got 100g of protein, hit my fiber goal, and kept my sugar to <40 grams. 

Ran 4 miles at 9:24 pace this morning. Ho hum. As usual, have a rest day scheduled for Wednesday and will get back at it on Thursday. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I'm not going to be tracking while I'm on my working vacation.  I'm just not.  But I am still going to try to eat well and get exercise.  Yesterday I got in a few miles of walking and a short yoga session.  On the plane, I took the healthiest lunch option, salad with strawberries and chicken, and I didn't eat the dressing or the bread that came with it.  Same strategy at dinner, plus wine.  Then I came to my hotel room and ate every snack I'd stolen from the Sky Club.  :bag:  

I'm not going to be tracking while I'm on my working vacation.  I'm just not.  But I am still going to try to eat well and get exercise.  Yesterday I got in a few miles of walking and a short yoga session.  On the plane, I took the healthiest lunch option, salad with strawberries and chicken, and I didn't eat the dressing or the bread that came with it.  Same strategy at dinner, plus wine.  Then I came to my hotel room and ate every snack I'd stolen from the Sky Club.  :bag:  
Was it the sesame things I love those 

Did a 30-min cardio flow down-dog yoga session today.  I was looking for more cardio, but I quickly realized I don't like doing yoga for cardio, I like to hold poses for a bit to make sure I'm in the right position and to feel the correct muscle groups engage.  Not really possible with a cardio flow that is constant movement.  Oh well.  Just walked the dog for 30ish minutes as well.  

Yesterday I did well with the food.  But I had some stressful work news late in the day that caused me to break out the bourbon before dinner.  Even logging that bourbon and all my food I was slightly under calories.  So it would have been a good day...  Then I got more bourbon and my wife remembered the pumpkin snaps (like ginger snaps but pumpkin flavored) in the cabinet.  :bag:

So...  today is a new day.

Keep up the good work!

Did a 30-min cardio flow down-dog yoga session today.  I was looking for more cardio, but I quickly realized I don't like doing yoga for cardio, I like to hold poses for a bit to make sure I'm in the right position and to feel the correct muscle groups engage.  Not really possible with a cardio flow that is constant movement.  Oh well.  Just walked the dog for 30ish minutes as well.  

Yesterday I did well with the food.  But I had some stressful work news late in the day that caused me to break out the bourbon before dinner.  Even logging that bourbon and all my food I was slightly under calories.  So it would have been a good day...  Then I got more bourbon and my wife remembered the pumpkin snaps (like ginger snaps but pumpkin flavored) in the cabinet.  :bag:

So...  today is a new day.

Keep up the good work!
What bourbon?!!   :)   

AAABatteries said:
What bourbon?!!   :)   
First was Buffalo Trace, one of my personal favorites that I can actually find around here at times.  Later was Jim Beam Black, that's my go-to second pour as it tastes good enough but is readily available and relatively cheap.  

Last edited by a moderator:
First was Buffalo Trace, one of my personal favorites that I can actually find around here at times.  Later was Jim Beam Black, that's my go-to second pour as it tastes good enough but is readily available and relatively cheap.  
I won’t hijack the thread and tempt anybody trying to be good but BT is great at the price point.  Not a fan of JBB myself but their SB is great and SB BP is outstanding.

Just started Day 2 of the plank challenge.  I finished the warm-up and the 4 minute plank challenge.  I don't know if I'm supposed to go straight into the 12 minute upper body challenge but that seems a little insane.  So I'm going to take a break and do that later.  
Where is day two? I've just been doing the plank pushups every day 

bostonfred said:
fred_1_15301 said:
Well isn’t that smartfood popcorn healthier than most types of popcorn?
No. Usually worse actually because it's usually loaded with salt and flavoring. The thing that makes it "smart" is that popcorn is usually healthier than most other chips, but a serving of smartfood isn't much different than a serving of chips iirc

I didn't compare anything but calories since I'm not tracking sodium, but it also was much more calorific than the Cheez-Its.  :(  

That's the thing. The stressors in your life aren't going to go away. Since there's always going to be another one, they can't be the reason we eat poorly or don't work out. We can't say 'If I just get past X' because, I promise you, Y is just around the corner.

We have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of others.

Keep at it all.  Remember, we don't have to have a perfect week.  We have to just keep having a week that was better than the prior week.

Decent day yesterday, not perfect, but decent.  Got up early and lifted; took the dog for a walk middway.  Ate healthy throughout the day, though some wine at night and a little moderate snacking.  I didn't track in MFP--I'm just sort of generally minding what I'm eating and trying to make good choices.  But I'd like to get the tracking going again, as that seems to work best.  I'll see if I can do that today.

Keep at it all.  Remember, we don't have to have a perfect week.  We have to just keep having a week that was better than the prior week.

Decent day yesterday, not perfect, but decent.  Got up early and lifted; took the dog for a walk middway.  Ate healthy throughout the day, though some wine at night and a little moderate snacking.  I didn't track in MFP--I'm just sort of generally minding what I'm eating and trying to make good choices.  But I'd like to get the tracking going again, as that seems to work best.  I'll see if I can do that today.
I'm a strict logger but a generous estimator so for me I really need the structure of MFP. 

This isn't being a good week. Tons of stress on top of the toe keeping me off the bike. Calorie count has been up and down. I have kept up with strength training at least, stuck with stuff sitting on the bench mainly. About to give the bike a try at lunch and see how the toe does.

This thread has made a major turnaround since a visited a few pages ago.   Good for all of you that are improving your health!  You only get one ride on this crazy merry go round.  Make it as enjoyable as possible and last as long as you can. 

It’s only fair that I give updates too.  I am back from a week long horse show where I lost a few pounds even though I couldn’t work out.  Lots of walking and physical work at horse shows.  Like Otis, I’m back working out in the basement.  Working out in the basement can get boring but it is convenient. 

Another good diet day yesterday -- had more fat than recommended, but a lot of it was good fat (avocado, almonds, peanut butter). Only logged 1,900 mg of sodium which is my lowest total in a while. Whenever I meet my <2,300 mg goal, it's usually by a hair. 

Scheduled rest day from running today, but I hope to take a leisurely walk this afternoon to still burn a few calories. Was running late to work this morning, and the 0.3 mile powerwalk from my car to the office hurt my foot more than any of my recent 4-6 mile runs. It's a funny thing. Subsided pretty quickly though so my final two runs of the week shouldn't be affected. 

Well, the bike didn't go well. I rode at an easy pace and a resistance level down compared to normal and after 40 minutes when I got up to fill my water, toe was starting to flare up.

I will do so core work later instead, but don't really have a calorie burner I can do in the meantime. Will give the foot a rest and try again Friday.

Great job, everyone!  And by "everyone," I mean "definitely not me." Rather than daily posts of my successes and (mostly) failures, I'll just say that I'm trying to make daytime good choices - lighter lunches, daily yoga and walks - to balance partially all the nighttime bad choices.  I'll have to regroup when I get back next Wednesday and make my days full of better choices instead.

I was good all day yesterday - no booze and ate well - until I smashed 5 mini candy bars at around 9PM  :bag:  

Heading out for diner tonight but the place has some keto-friendly options so I should be ok, except for the beer, and the 1.5 fries I steal from my kids plate  :lol:

I'm not going to talk about last night.  I did well until then.  And then it was the Knicks opener, and it went into double overtime, and there was lots of drinks and yelling and also many snacks as a result of lots of drinks.  Facts, not excuses.  Had a good week until last night...

Back to it this morning.  Let's go.

Yesterday was another good day, was under calories until the wife got home right at dinner time and she needed wine.  I couldn't let her drink alone.  Only a small amount of wine, but it did put me over my calories.  Oh well.  

Already walked the dog today, but that's probably all the exercise I will get today.  

Keep up the good work!

I'm not going to talk about last night.  I did well until then.  And then it was the Knicks opener, and it went into double overtime, and there was lots of drinks and yelling and also many snacks as a result of lots of drinks.  Facts, not excuses.  Had a good week until last night...

Back to it this morning.  Let's go.
I, too, would not like to discuss anything that happened after 7 PM last night. Let's just say that heading into dinner I had 1,500 calories remaining in my daily budget, and I used up every single one. :)

Back on track this morning with a healthy breakfast and a 4-mile run at 9:23 pace, though. Hoping to close out the week with a good long run tomorrow. 

Huel + Bitlong for lunch yesterday (this appears to come to $10 per lunch so the bitlong bit at least is going to have to give). Dinner - carnitas burrito with bread pudding for dessert. No snacking so going to be fine with it. 

Been enjoying the "do 10 squats a bunch of times in the day" routine - printed out a calendar and am putting little tallies for each set. Up to 7 thus far today. 

As penance for last night, I did something I never do. Work got quieter at 4pm, so I threw on shorts and went and did a late day row. 30 solid minutes. I was going to try and go for a 10k, which would have been another 20mins or so, but I’ll work my way back up to that. Baby steps. 

I feel like forgetting about this whole damn week and going and getting a pizza.

Did a core workout today for 70 minutes.  And then I said screw it and rode the bike for an hour and fifty, albeit not going above my warm up resistance. And aggravated the foot in doing so.

114g protein 

55g fiber

4236mg sodium ouch

Not doing well on sodium this week.  Makes me realize how much worse I probably am when I'm not dieting.  Ugh.  Starting to get some endurance and speed back on the treadmill but not pushing it too hard, did a couple miles at my normal pace and then another mile or so of speed intervals. Finsihed under calories and no booze.  

Users who are viewing this thread