What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

15k steps yesterday and 4 glorious beers.  i was going to stop at 3, but i had another half of football to watch.   :shrug:

i weighed myself before i drank the beers.  180.5  i think it's fairly obvious what keeps from ever dipping into the 170's   :lmao:   :banned:   :pickle:  

keep on keeping on people!  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tired.  I'm not exercising, I'm not eating well.  I'm tired.  Sigh.
Change occurs when the pain of change is less than the pain of staying the same. I was at the corner of Fremont and Las Vegas Blvd when I realized I couldn't wait for the pride parade to go by, I needed to hobble back to my room before the back spasms dropped me. When you're too de-conditioned to enjoy your vacations, you make changes.

Work is pretty slow this week with many people taking off.  Got in a very nice, long body combat workout in yesterday.  Did tons of yard work over the weekend so I’ve been easily hitting my exercise/calories goal every day.  My eating has been ok but still drinking as if the holidays are already here.  The good thing is I’m visiting my sister-in-law over the holidays.  She doesn’t drink and has no booze.  I suggested to my wife that perhaps we can bring a few beers with us but we both quickly agreed that this is a great opportunity to take a few days off from booze.

This is the time of year when I normally put on 5 pounds.  I’m not letting that happen this year.  I can do this.  We can do this.  

One of our plants was short workers this week so I worked 10 hour shifts on Monday and Tuesday doing manual labor.  That was brutal but good for me.  I need to work out harder and now that my whole body doesn’t hurt too much I am working out tonight.  

I ate like a total pig yesterday and now have to pay the piper.  

I'm tired.  I'm not exercising, I'm not eating well.  I'm tired.  Sigh.

One Plus Pushup A Day.

Day 1 - One pushup.

Day 2 - Add 1 pushup to the previous day's total. So two pushups.

Day 3 - Add 1 more and three total pushups

At a little over three months, you'll be doing 100 push ups a day.

For the last few months of the year, you'll be doing 300+ pushups a day.

Are you telling me that if you just added one more pushup a day for a full year, that you wouldn't get some positive results in your fitness, health, mood, self esteem and discipline?

Do it for a year. Challenge yourself. It starts with just one pushup.

Well it was a holiday weekend.  Lots of food and booze.  I did do yoga twice over the four days, but I ate all the food.  I did get over 10k steps Saturday and Sunday and lots of yard work and also put up Xmas lights.  Still feel so bloated and know I ate/drank away some recent losses.  

Just got off the mat again.  Did a 40-min down dog session with core strength focus.  It was a challenge.  Crows were shaky, boats were a pain, and wheel didn't even happen.  Need to shed these 5-8 lbs of turkey quickly.  Will walk the dog later today.

Keep up the good work!  Get back to it this week!

Cut into my 400k challenge with a 37 mile ride yesterday.... which is the longest I've done yet.  Just need 34 miles over the next two days to complete it, and I intend to get another 20-25 in this evening.

Nice work!!

I'm still here.  Somehow managed to lose just over a pound last week despite the holiday.  Lots of yoga and walking.  I've been hunkering down since Friday and see another good week on the horizon.

i have not been posting in here a lot but just keeping on keepin on as good as i can through my dads passing and all my buddies bringing over food man if you want to find out who your italian friends are throw a funeral jeez loiuse do they cook for 20 when you have a family of 2 anyhow now  i am having more injections and an mri on my back tomorrow and maybe a surgery depending on what the mri says so look if your body is braking at you dont be a stubborn jester and get checked out I didn’t for way too long for way too many years and now im paying for it take that to the bank brohans 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the body combat workouts just on youtube?  Couldn't find 1 so I started with 2.  Love it.

Since the pandemic started (and I quit my gym membership), I started subscribing to a program called Les Mills (see link below).  They developed the body combat programs.  For $10 a month, you get access to a huge range of body combat, yoga, body pump (basically like a cardio/weight program), HIIT, core, etc programs.  I absolutely LOVE it and can't envision ever going back to a gym again.  They have a 30 day free trial period if you're interested.  

Les Mills

Well yesterday went off the rails.  Food was fine but one glass of wine turned into three.  Ugh.  

Already did a 30-min down dog yoga session with upper body strength focus.  Was able to do wheel today for a bit, so that's an improvement.  Arms are a little shaky now.  Will walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!

Well yesterday went off the rails.  Food was fine but one glass of wine turned into three.  Ugh.  

Already did a 30-min down dog yoga session with upper body strength focus.  Was able to do wheel today for a bit, so that's an improvement.  Arms are a little shaky now.  Will walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!
Wait, this is off the rails?   :oldunsure:  

Hello again!

Thanksgiving taught me that my body had adjusted to fairly consistent healthy eating, because by the end of the week I felt like total garbage. Was supposed to get back on track yesterday, and then I gorged myself on Taco Bell due to some extenuating circumstances. So...today is the day! Started with a healthy breakfast this morning and brought a protein shake for lunch. Want to put in a solid 3 weeks before the next holiday rolls around. :lol:  

Even though I totally let myself go on the diet front, I did keep up my running throughout the holiday week, logging 21 total miles. On track to do that again this week, running 4 miles yesterday and 5 miles today. My knees are a little sore but all the weird tendon pain I was dealing with has virtually disappeared (for now). Hope everyone else is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread