What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

In my experience, MFP always overestimates calories burned on exercise.
By a good bit.  For cycling it claims 1050 cals/hour at racing effort.  Ridiculous.  Even for a hard effort (which I pretty much always do) you can count on ~700 cals/hour, or as MFP classes it - 12-14mph speeds.  Yeah, 12-14mph heading up Pike's Peak, maybe.  

Yesterday

3 egg omelette with 5 slices of turkey breast 

Spicy Thai chicken salad from Panera, got an apple instead of baguette 

Grilled chicken breast/thigh with a 1/4 cup of spanished rice

'is this even a diet?'  /Otis 

At home is easy.  The make or break for me is going to be how I do on the road.  Need to master an eating out routine that I can replicate in every town I go to.
No joke.  Next week will be a huge challenge.  Fly out early Monday, business meetings, and then try to control myself when my alma mater (Clemson) plays that night - I will be in a sports bar somewhere near LAX and not inhaling about 6k calories will be tough.  Then more meetings, fly back, and go straight to New Orleans.  There is a reason NO is the fattest place in the US - the food is awesome. :bag:  

Oh, and trying to work out in HIE excercise rooms is the suck of all sucks.

I would just not take any calories from walking.  Or set the step length such that 10,000 steps is about 100 calories.  
Thx, didn't realize you could do this.  Just looked up an article on runners world where:

Net Calories/Mile burned by walking = .3 * Body Weight

The "Net Calorie Burn" measures calories burned, minus basal metabolism. Scientists consider this the best way to evaluate the actual calorie-burn of any exercise. The walking formulas apply to speeds of 3 to 4 mph. At 5 mph and faster, walking burns more calories than running.
Looks like my calories were off by a factor of 4.  I simply divided my stride lengths in the settings by 4....does that make sense?

By a good bit.  For cycling it claims 1050 cals/hour at racing effort.  Ridiculous.  Even for a hard effort (which I pretty much always do) you can count on ~700 cals/hour, or as MFP classes it - 12-14mph speeds.  Yeah, 12-14mph heading up Pike's Peak, maybe.  
I've seen in that ball park in other places as well.   Your weight will obvious have a large affect on calories burned just like it does with bmr.

http://www.bicycling.com/training/weight-loss/cycling-calories-burned-calculator

I'm giving you guys a head start. I packed two potatoes, a jar of Rao's marinara and a container of parmagiano reggiano for dinner last night. I actually ate 5 slices of dominos pizza, two slices of some brownie/cookie bar and a jelly doughnut. I'm not weighing myself and going straight to bed.

real weight loss gurus know you have to make your body submit by bludgeoning it with its own excesses, first. 

Woz, take this from someone who's been following your "dieting" exploits for the last year or so.  It seems to me you overdue the exercise thing.  It's always P90X or Crossfit or something else super intense.  How about focusing on keeping your eating in check while doing a reasonable workout a couple days per week?  Maybe you'll be less tired and hungry and more easily able to keep your eating in check.  JMHO from reading your posts. 
You have a good point.  I've thought about it.  I just feel better and more motivated when I'm working out.  I think I'm going to lay off the super intense stuff though in the hopes that that keeps me away from the hour after working out super hungry mode I go into.  

155 cal breakfast - omelette (1 brown egg, 3 egg whites), mushrooms, onion, no salt steak seasoning, 3 tbsp pico and a cup of coffee.

That was a reward for my 3.1 mile walk.

Might just go and be a total beginner by stepping on the scale.

At home is easy.  The make or break for me is going to be how I do on the road.  Need to master an eating out routine that I can replicate in every town I go to.
Salads and lettuce wrap sandwiches are my go to.  Found I can eat almost anywhere as most places now almost always have a salad or offer a lettuce wrap/bunless option for a sandwich or burger. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunch:  3 cups of romaine topped with 2 tomatoes, salt and pepper no dressing (forgot my lemon dammit)  4 hard boiled eggs, celery, carrots, mini sweet peppers, some kosher dill spears and an apple.

Never realized how much sodium is in pickels until I entered them in myfitnesspal.  Woah.  I really don't care about sodium at this point.

32 oz of water.  Going to be hungry later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even 700 cals/hour seems like a lot.  I think you'd have to be busting your ### and sweating your balls off to average 700.  When the bodybugg was still supported (most accurate otc calorie counter), after about a 3hour/28 mile ride, I'd have spent around 1,500 calories.  I sweated quite a bit during these rides but they weren't balls to the wall the whole time or anything. 

weight watchers is getting really close to the range of a 80/20 paleo.  They have consistently raised the % of calories from protein over the last 15 years and now basically have banned sugar.

In the 90s their macro was in the range of 20P/20F/60C  now the range last I checked pins it at 35/25/40 and based on the point system you could easily hit 45/x/x if using lots of lean protein and stay in their points, that was never possible in the past really..

The only major philosophical differences they have now with the core tenets of paleo is that they consider saturated fat in the same category of trans fat.  I assume that will be their next change.  
What's their take on dairy?

No joke.  Next week will be a huge challenge.  Fly out early Monday, business meetings, and then try to control myself when my alma mater (Clemson) plays that night - I will be in a sports bar somewhere near LAX and not inhaling about 6k calories will be tough.  Then more meetings, fly back, and go straight to New Orleans.  There is a reason NO is the fattest place in the US - the food is awesome. :bag:  

Oh, and trying to work out in HIE excercise rooms is the suck of all sucks.
pffft.  I will be at Disney for a week at the end of this month.

You have a good point.  I've thought about it.  I just feel better and more motivated when I'm working out.  I think I'm going to lay off the super intense stuff though in the hopes that that keeps me away from the hour after working out super hungry mode I go into.  
I've done P90X.  You can basically do a lite version of it and keep track just like you are doing the main program.

So day 1 is chest and back I think with ab ripper right?  Instead of doing it for an hour and half, do the first round of chest and back but not the second.  Instead of ab ripper, just do 100 hammers

day 2 is plyo-x... you can either do it at half speed, full speed, go for a short run, play a game of hoops - whatever.  All this day is is impact exercise which you can do a bunch of different ways.

day 3 is legs and ab ripper.  You can do almost anything for legs.  The best testosterone workout is simple squats for the most part and it works your legs so just do them and then do the full ab ripper instead of cutting it

day 4 is yoga - basically stretching day to limber you up so that the muscle building works.  So, do yoga or stretching.  Nothing too great.  half hour tops.

day 5 is arms - curls.  Do as many thousand of those suckers as you want.  with whatever part of ab ripper you want - again, you can just do the hammers until you can't move.

day 6 is kempo - boxing.  Same as plyo just no jumping. 

day 7 is stretching or rest.  No donuts.

It's not that hard to do an easy P90x that still follows the formula.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
'Ohana  'Olordyouaregoingtogain10lbsatOhana
Not if he sticks to shrimp only

Then he will be in the bathroom all day

win/win

Actually, the chicken and shrimp arent bad there. You can do a dinner there. With all the walking you do, you can even have the bread pudding. Hmmmm, Ohana bread pudding

Not if he sticks to shrimp only

Then he will be in the bathroom all day

win/win

Actually, the chicken and shrimp arent bad there. You can do a dinner there. With all the walking you do, you can even have the bread pudding. Hmmmm, Ohana bread pudding
I'm not paying $60 for a few shrimp and no potstickers or bread pudding - not happening.  I'd cancel the reservation first.

Anyone try the steamed BibiGo Dumplings from Costco?  A little high in sodium but 250 cal / serving and they're delicious.

Do you know how much your skins weighs?  20-25 lbs.  For those really dedicated to this I suggest a macrodermabrasion appointment in late March.  This will hurt like hell but it could be the 3-5 lbs you need.   <---  THE MORE YOU KNOW....

Even 700 cals/hour seems like a lot.  I think you'd have to be busting your ### and sweating your balls off to average 700.  When the bodybugg was still supported (most accurate otc calorie counter), after about a 3hour/28 mile ride, I'd have spent around 1,500 calories.  I sweated quite a bit during these rides but they weren't balls to the wall the whole time or anything. 
From the in depth looking I've done that's about right, and I generally turn myself inside out a few times during a ride.  I very rarely do easy rides.

Anyone try the steamed BibiGo Dumplings from Costco?  A little high in sodium but 250 cal / serving and they're delicious.
Very solid.   I got these vegetable rolls (look like thin egg rolls) yesterday which were pretty good.   160 calories / roll if you include the plum sauce which is a must.

Do you know how much your skins weighs?  20-25 lbs.  For those really dedicated to this I suggest a macrodermabrasion appointment in late March.  This will hurt like hell but it could be the 3-5 lbs you need.   <---  THE MORE YOU KNOW....
I was just going to cut off an arm, but this sounds easier. 

I've done P90X.  You can basically do a lite version of it and keep track just like you are doing the main program.

So day 1 is chest and back I think with ab ripper right?  Instead of doing it for an hour and half, do the first round of chest and back but not the second.  Instead of ab ripper, just do 100 hammers

day 2 is plyo-x... you can either do it at half speed, full speed, go for a short run, play a game of hoops - whatever.  All this day is is impact exercise which you can do a bunch of different ways.

day 3 is legs and ab ripper.  You can do almost anything for legs.  The best testosterone workout is simple squats for the most part and it works your legs so just do them and then do the full ab ripper instead of cutting it

day 4 is yoga - basically stretching day to limber you up so that the muscle building works.  So, do yoga or stretching.  Nothing too great.  half hour tops.

day 5 is arms - curls.  Do as many thousand of those suckers as you want.  with whatever part of ab ripper you want - again, you can just do the hammers until you can't move.

day 6 is kempo - boxing.  Same as plyo just no jumping. 

day 7 is stretching or rest.  No donuts.

It's not that hard to do an easy P90x that still follows the formula.

I don't like the idea of doing splits on a cut.  P90x is mostly for people that have the last 20% to go for their goal.  If on a massive cut IMO need full body routines that involve HIIT or something that resembles HIIT, there are P90x routines that do have HIIT.  

What's their take on dairy?
Who? Weight Watchers takes a very anti-dairy approach just like hardcore paleo. They always have.  Though I think WW doesn't like lactose, and paleo has other reasons to avoid dairy that I can't really be bothered to figure out what they are anymore because I don't really give a ####.  

:lmao:  Thanks to my flu-like symptoms and despite my slight cheat snack last night, I'm down to 229.2 this morning. :lmao:  

Easily 4-5 lbs of that comes back probably once I start actually feel better/hungry.  Working today but still nowhere near 100%.  Hoping to be there by the weekend which is when I plan on getting back into a regular workout routine (thinking P90x and lots of running).  The additional hunger combined with the fact that my in-laws are coming to town for four days starting tomorrow - they love to just go out and buy everybody crap to eat (donuts in the morning, baked goods/cookies or whatever at night plus loads of alcohol and usually a dinner or two out) - and this will start to get hard. 
Please cough into a ziploc and fax it to me.  TIA

They having trouble getting you in the air?

AHAHAHAHHA
No. Just rearranging the passengers to balance out the load so the plane doesn't lean to one sideNo. Just rearranging the passengers to balance out the load so the plane doesn't lean to one side

Users who are viewing this thread