What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (8 Viewers)

The late 80s called, they want their workout back.

HARHARHARHAR!!!

I pick things up and put them down!

NOXPLOOOOOOOSDE!@#!!!!12121!!@

:flex:
It should be more complicated?

And I just got done with a 2 mile run. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@cheeseypoof I'm so proud of you and more importantly I know your wife is proud of you. Keep doing what you're doing. It's great to see you saying "#### it, I'm a survivor and it's what my wife would have wanted". I know she's smiling down for heaven or maybe she's saying "you waited until I was gone to start looking sexy? Thanks a lot!"

Jk of course. 

And send me a friend request on myfitnesspal... Shadyridr

Anyone else is welcome to friend request me as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing it wrong.
Modern accepted use of the terms epicurean and Epicureanism refers often to the appreciation of, and indulgence in good food (gourmet), luxury, hedonism, and sensual pleasure. This strays significantly from the original philosophic intent of Epicureanism. The philosophy indeed elevated pleasure and happiness as the most worthy pursuit, but specifically warned against fine food and frequent sex, for it could lead to dissatisfaction later. Instead, the goal was a long-term pleasure, marked by serenity and temperance, achieved through moderation rather than indulging. Modern senses of gourmet, luxury, hedonism, sensual pleasure and lust are mostly in contrast with the original ancient teachings.

DocHolliday said:
Cheesypoof gets it.  He is not trying some crazy fad diet to drop weight quickly.  Those types of diets cannot last forever.  He is trying to build better habits in regards to eating and exercising. 

Good luck.   
Thanks

shadyridr said:
@cheeseypoof I'm so proud of you and more importantly I know your wife is proud of you. Keep doing what you're doing. It's great to see you saying "#### it, I'm a survivor and it's what my wife would have wanted". I know she's smiling down for heaven or maybe she's saying "you waited until I was gone to start looking sexy? Thanks a lot!"

Jk of course. 

And send me a friend request on myfitnesspal... Shadyridr

Anyone else is welcome to friend request me as well. 
You're probably correct on both accounts regarding my wife.  LOL

Request sent @shadyridr.

ProstheticRGK said:
Modern accepted use of the terms epicurean and Epicureanism refers often to the appreciation of, and indulgence in good food (gourmet), luxury, hedonism, and sensual pleasure. This strays significantly from the original philosophic intent of Epicureanism. The philosophy indeed elevated pleasure and happiness as the most worthy pursuit, but specifically warned against fine food and frequent sex, for it could lead to dissatisfaction later. Instead, the goal was a long-term pleasure, marked by serenity and temperance, achieved through moderation rather than indulging. Modern senses of gourmet, luxury, hedonism, sensual pleasure and lust are mostly in contrast with the original ancient teachings.
Which one covers Taco Bell?

culdeus said:
I think he mainly means he's just lifting high reps with little rest so his heart rate stays up.  Most of my routines are about 40-45 minutes where the first 20 are relatively low reps and I ramp up to higher reps, and then ultimately supersets. But really all programs work, just need to find one you can manage and make progress in it.  
I just like variety, so I don't get comfortable in my routine. Easier to avoid plateaus. Logically there's no reason my workouts bomb when I try that approach, but every time it does. 

I just like variety, so I don't get comfortable in my routine. Easier to avoid plateaus. Logically there's no reason my workouts bomb when I try that approach, but every time it does. 
Probably aren't fueling correctly for it. 

That makes sense. Any suggestions? Usually have oatmeal, banana, greek yogurt with fruit, and if I feel I'm short on calories a couple handfuls of nuts before working out. 
That seems mostly ok I would think.  I think broscience would say to avoid fat prior to a workout as dietary fat is a fairly poor fuel for training.  But I mean no real red flags there.  

Broscience also would have you lift first, cardio second.  There's enough evidence to say you want to bonk out in the cardio portion then eat a ton post-workout that I buy it.  I sort of combo the two by getting the heart rate up for a more sustained period towards the end of a lifting session.

It seems the people in the apartment under me are having a party. This means no sleep until five am, at least

I think I'll have some more rum on the rocks

I am so looking forward to going home to Denmark in three weeks

I've had a tough week. I got stupid busy at work and had to clock out past 11pm twice this week. My breakfasts and lunches are brought from home every day, but for dinner there is not much around but fast food and pizza, esp open that late. Plus it kept me out of the gym most of the week. Not looking forward to weigh in. 

Cheated slightly yesterday in that I needed a drink when I got home. Spent the entire day trying to help a client whose former spouse decided that punching their son because he wanted breakfast was the right way to go.  And in the middle of the day as I'm getting court papers ready the kid gets rushed to the ER.

So yeah, eff my liver, I needed a drink. I effing hate people today. That feeling might continue for several...... years. 

4 days of taters = over 3lbs down. And this isn't that easy early water weight (already down 12ish). 

Starting: 249.6 (Jan 4)

This AM: 235.0

Down 14.6lbs and 5.9% in 16 days

resuming normal healthy eating today. May do taters again in a week or two if things plateau.

"Woah, Otis, is that a platefull of crispy, delicious potatoes??"

Sure is, boss.

"Wow.  Must have been really hard to make huh."

NOPE.

1. Get those microwaveable bags of potatoes

2. Microwave for 8 mins, they get steam cooked

3. Throw em on a baking sheet with a light cooking spray, some salt, some crushed red pepper

4. Bake for 30 mins at 450

5. Be a healthy, lean, sexy sumbish like a boss half your age

No breakfast this morning and had late lunch. It was actually supposed to be just a snack of a small baked potato and a couple of hard boiled eggs, while I was waiting for the veggie saag to finish, but now I'm not hungry any more. Saving the saag for dinner!

Great workout today. Warm-up jog , followed by weights, followed by intense 3-mile run. Burned over 1,000 calories this morning.

Also watched some dudes playing pick-up basketball. I think they argued about fouls more than they actually played ball. Could only stand there and laugh. Was very entertaining.

Going to drink lots of whiskey tonight. 

Been sick all bloody week, so gained a couple lbs as I did basically nothing physical.  Got in a good bike ride today, so a 1700 calorie deficit on the day.  

BTW, for those that have commented that getting over 150 HR for an extended period - my ride today.  Relatively easy compared to my typical rides and hit 158 for 2 hours.  Not that I'm special, but to point out that some exercises (particularly swimming and cycling) are low impact enough that hitting and holding relatively high HRs isn't too tough. 

Couldn't wait any longer to weigh in after eating potatoes since Tuesday evening.  Weighed in this morning at 282.6!  Down another 4.8 in 6 days.  Feeling really good this morning, having some oven fried potatoes for breakfast  Will weigh in tomorrow morning for the official number but I'm definitely pleased with 17.8 lbs in 19 days.

Will continue potatoes through today, but then I am thinking back to lean proteins and veggies as part of a balanced healthy diet for at least a few days to add some variety back in.  Potatoes will definitely be part of my plan going forward.

Couldn't wait any longer to weigh in after eating potatoes since Tuesday evening.  Weighed in this morning at 282.6!  Down another 4.8 in 6 days.  Feeling really good this morning, having some oven fried potatoes for breakfast  Will weigh in tomorrow morning for the official number but I'm definitely pleased with 17.8 lbs in 19 days.

Will continue potatoes through today, but then I am thinking back to lean proteins and veggies as part of a balanced healthy diet for at least a few days to add some variety back in.  Potatoes will definitely be part of my plan going forward.
If you alternate, a few days on potatoes, a few days of proteins and veggies, I have no doubt the weight will continue to melt off. 

Lean meats, veggies and potatoes.  That's the winning formula.  Its really hard to eat too much of that.   

So, I've got my food scale - do I weigh my Pizza Pocket with the microwave sleeve on or off?
All jokes aside, if you weigh out your food for a week, you'll likely find your portion sizes have been way off. Mine were almost triple in some meals.  Do with that info whatever you want. 

So, I've got my food scale - do I weigh my Pizza Pocket with the microwave sleeve on or off?
All jokes aside, if you weigh out your food for a week, you'll likely find your portion sizes have been way off. Mine were almost triple in some meals.  Do with that info whatever you want. 

I'm doing smaller portions but just doing it myself - I'm attempting as best I can to train myself to just be aware of what I'm doing and not just eating whatever I want and as much as I want.  

Users who are viewing this thread