What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (4 Viewers)

That's what i want too

I don't care about which goal(s) people choose, I don't care if money is involved, i just figure we're all looking for a goal and some accountability.  

Would anyone want to do a scheduled run/row on facetime/zoom/gotomeeting/ anything?  Would probably work whether you're inside or out but just a day where a bunch of ifriends get together, see if we can schtick it up a little and have fun with it?
that would be funny at the very least.  my kid is doing her tkd class as we speak.  the master, wisely, mutes all the kids.   :lmao:  

That's what i want too

I don't care about which goal(s) people choose, I don't care if money is involved, i just figure we're all looking for a goal and some accountability.  

Would anyone want to do a scheduled run/row on facetime/zoom/gotomeeting/ anything?  Would probably work whether you're inside or out but just a day where a bunch of ifriends get together, see if we can schtick it up a little and have fun with it?
I say everyone choose a goal.  If you hit the goal you get a point.  Most points on May 29 wins bragging rights.

My goal is to run 21 miles this week and increase each week by 10%.

LEADERBOARD      3/27    4/3    4/10    4/17    4/24    5/1    5/8    5/15    5/22    5/29    TOTAL

Bostonfred                           

Otis                                         

Eaganwildcats                               

DA RAIDERS             

krista4                       

Theflyingturtle          

fred_1_15301          

Commit to a goal showing where you are now and where you want to get to. Choose a challenging but safely achievable goal (e.g. no more than a ten percent increase in long run each week).

Commit to weekly check ins

If you miss a weekly check in you give to charity 

Miss your overall goal, give to charity

And challenge the nerds in the 10k thread to throw down with the O thread. 

There has never been a more certain statement. They crazy. I saw I got mentioned over there and don't think I could back away quickly enough - "oh sure let me just go knock out 15 miles every day nbd". 
I backed out as well because they were talking about a race.  They're averaging like 7 minutes a mile for 15 miles lol.  No thanks.

Commit to a goal showing where you are now and where you want to get to. Choose a challenging but safely achievable goal (e.g. no more than a ten percent increase in long run each week).

Commit to weekly check ins

If you miss a weekly check in you give to charity 

Miss your overall goal, give to charity

And challenge the nerds in the 10k thread to throw down with the O thread. 
I'm down with this.  Is Day 1 tomorrow?  Also, is the challenge just based on total miles (not timed miles)?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down with this.  Is Day 1 tomorrow?  Also, is the challenge just based on total miles (not timed miles)?  
Choose your goal and document it in the thread.  If you want a time goal for a distance you already do, that's fine by me. If you want to increase your max distance do that instead.  I figured you would be working towards 10 miles but if you want to work on your 5k time or start rowing or whatever - it's all good

There has never been a more certain statement. They crazy. I saw I got mentioned over there and don't think I could back away quickly enough - "oh sure let me just go knock out 15 miles every day nbd". 
i wonder how they'd fare, in the awful HIIT stuff that i do?  i certainly can't run with them.

Pick skills we’re uniquely good at. It can’t be just running. There needs to be a rowing segment. Maybe an Oreo eat-off segment. 
They know they have the advantage in fitness, speed, endurance, form, motivation, follow through, willpower, general health and diet, memory, and motivation, but we have two things that they don't - we weigh more and we have so much more room to improve.  That is our battleground.  We're like braveheart with spears twice as long as a man waiting for the heavy cavalry. First we pick the fight then we win the fight. 

Who's with me?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
They know they have the advantage in fitness, speed, endurance, form, motivation, follow through, willpower, general health and diet, memory, and motivation, but we have two things that they don't - we weigh more and we have so much more room to improve.  That is our battleground.  We're like braveheart with spears twice as long as a man waiting for the heavy cavalry. First we pick the fight then we win the fight. 

Who's with me?!?
When the end of times come (I guess maybe like a couple weeks from now at this point) I’ll be following general BostonFred into battle. 

My best mile of late appears to be 8:10 but given optimal conditions and the pressure of not letting down a bunch of people from the internet I could probably get us a 7:30 or so. 

When’s race day?

My best mile of late appears to be 8:10 but given optimal conditions and the pressure of not letting down a bunch of people from the internet I could probably get us a 7:30 or so. 

When’s race day?
:lmao:

Dude. I literally have stitches in my balls still from a vasectomy a week ago. Before that I was rowing because my knees couldn’t support my fat ### pounding on pavement. I SAID LETS BE SMART ABOUT THIS. 

for s & giggles, i went for a run.  🏃‍♂️  :mellow:  

trail run.  i took it easy.  slight up and down hill.  with 2 stretches of steep down hill, so those are slow.  exactly an 11 minute mile. :oldunsure:   average heart rate was 151.  i was never very winded.  i could probably get to around 9 pretty easily.   especially with strangers from the inner tubes counting on me.

nearly blew out my ankle on a gopher hole.  currently icing both knees. :hangover:   did another 2 miles, running, walking, hiking.   heart rate spiked to 180 on the gnarly up hills.  i enjoyed it.  i love having a giant canyon, right outside my door.  we'll see how my knees and legs react.  calves and that ankle are barking a touch.

:lmao:

Dude. I literally have stitches in my balls still from a vasectomy a week ago. Before that I was rowing because my knees couldn’t support my fat ### pounding on pavement. I SAID LETS BE SMART ABOUT THIS. 
Oh pish posh one mile ain’t going to kill us. Besides what else is there to do. 

What if we all identify all downhill routes near our homes and run those?  If steep enough I could probably just fall a 10 minute mile. 
there are a couple cliffs, in the canyon by my house.  tallest has got to be 1/8 mile.  i could finish there.

What if we all identify all downhill routes near our homes and run those?  If steep enough I could probably just fall a 10 minute mile. 
I regularly walk fast down to the CVS that is 1.1 miles from my house and down a series of steep hills.  It's a natural route for me to use.  

The commentary in this thread compared to that thread is gold.
They do seem serious-y.

We can’t play into their strengths. Those guys are wiry triathletes who’ve run 18 miles while we’re still dreaming about sugarplums. We need to use our smarts here. 

PAGING ANYONE WITH SMARTS PLS 
We should make it more like a decathlon.  We choose five events; they choose five.

:lmao:  at the new thread title.

interesting by product of my run, the HIIT stuff that i do, definitely burns more calories than the steady heart rate i maintained today.  cool to know.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
We can’t play into their strengths. Those guys are wiry triathletes who’ve run 18 miles while we’re still dreaming about sugarplums. We need to use our smarts here. 

PAGING ANYONE WITH SMARTS PLS 
What about one of those weird races where you have to eat a bunch of crap halfway through. Guarantee their gentle stomachs couldn’t handle a sleeve of Oreos at the half mile mark. “zomg it disrupted the delicate balance only achived through a thoroughly planned prerun bathroom trip”

We should make it more like a decathlon.  We choose five events; they choose five.
This is brilliant.  

i choose down hill skiing.
No you fool that requires athletic skill.  You're playing into their hands. Event one distance running.  They run their marathons or whatever.  We don't even bother.  Event two it's our turn to pick. We drink those wiry ####s under the table. Event 3 begins immediately afterwards.  I can stumble one mile better than them.  You only adopted the drunk. I grew up in it.  This is our path to victory.  

What about one of those weird races where you have to eat a bunch of crap halfway through. Guarantee their gentle stomachs couldn’t handle a sleeve of Oreos at the half mile mark. “zomg it disrupted the delicate balance only achived through a thoroughly planned prerun bathroom trip”
I don't know.  They have @MAC_32 and we have a toilet paper shortage. 

This is brilliant.  

No you fool that requires athletic skill.  You're playing into their hands. Event one distance running.  They run their marathons or whatever.  We don't even bother.  Event two it's our turn to pick. We drink those wiry ####s under the table. Event 3 begins immediately afterwards.  I can stumble one mile better than them.  You only adopted the drunk. I grew up in it.  This is our path to victory.  
i can crush the downhill, hammered.  done it many times.   :bag:     :pickle:

This is brilliant.  

wait..do we all have to do each event?  or are we choosing our strongest competitor in that event?

Users who are viewing this thread