What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (4 Viewers)

I miss my Peloton as running downright sucks.  Just did a 2.8mile ru  at about a 10min per mile pace.  Not really winded since in pretty good cardio shape but my joints/back don't like the beating of even two days in a row doing a half hour run.  There is a reason I got the Peloton for low impact nature of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh..my calves have pretty much said, f you and your stupid running.  they are seriously sore and non functional.  knees feel pretty good though!

May or may not have went out with the intention of a “fast” mile. Some observations: went out waaayyyy too fast. Reverse split guy would not have condoned. I had mapped a mile on google pedometer so knew where I wanted to go. Lots of people out so veering off the sidewalk to maintain my healthy 6 feet was annoying. I also underestimated how many little turns there were - really killed momentum. I had strava going on my watch and when I had gotten to where I thought was a mile based on my google work it was saying like .7 so that was depressing and I decided to discard in a moment of annoyance. Will need to find a track methinks. 

Also chest felt like I had the coronas by the end so that was cool. 

When’s the eating contest?

"Hi I'm a 140 pound wiry athlete with olympic endurance, and I challenge you mortals to lots of body weight exercises and endurance exercises."

Fred> I'll tap in for the donut segment.  Say when.

@bostonfred You fired the first shot. 

We assumed you guys would start something and then fail to execute, per your typical habits.  We're just trying to move this forward.
Yes, that's exactly what i suggested. Starting something and failing to execute.  That's what i had in mind.  Maybe some kind of head start, or a goal where we have a chance.  This isn't the karate kid where some rando moves to California, meets an actual Asian and suddenly becomes better than guys who have been doing this their whole lives. We're like the guys in old school doing a floor routine and catching on fire in the mascot costume.  

I don't know how you got the idea that we wanted to do a planking contest instead but it's probably the same broken part of your brain that made running a hobby to begin with.  

I think the best chance we have at a fair fight is to handicap ourselves by our current best times while you all do the same. Everyone in Dorktown has posted their 1mile, 5k and 10k times, right?   We can do the same and then whoever improves more wins. That would clearly favor us if we had motivation but we don't which is the whole point.

AWe literally argued about whether a 20 minute head start in a 5k was enough.  One of us said she was drunk and the other one woke up drunk at 3am to post that he was too. A ####### plank contest?  We're uninspired and inathletic, but we're not stupid.  

Yes, that's exactly what i suggested. Starting something and failing to execute.  That's what i had in mind.  Maybe some kind of head start, or a goal where we have a chance.  This isn't the karate kid where some rando moves to California, meets an actual Asian and suddenly becomes better than guys who have been doing this their whole lives. We're like the guys in old school doing a floor routine and catching on fire in the mascot costume.  

I don't know how you got the idea that we wanted to do a planking contest instead but it's probably the same broken part of your brain that made running a hobby to begin with.  

I think the best chance we have at a fair fight is to handicap ourselves by our current best times while you all do the same. Everyone in Dorktown has posted their 1mile, 5k and 10k times, right?   We can do the same and then whoever improves more wins. That would clearly favor us if we had motivation but we don't which is the whole point.

AWe literally argued about whether a 20 minute head start in a 5k was enough.  One of us said she was drunk and the other one woke up drunk at 3am to post that he was too. A ####### plank contest?  We're uninspired and inathletic, but we're not stupid.  
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

God I love the FFA 

and drunk*

*currently have not had a drink today**

**my neighbor has beach chairs set up in his driveway.  he is drinking.  it just started raining.  i'm gonna go stand 7 feet away from him.  and probably start drinking.

:lmao:     at me thinking I could just go out there cold turkey and pull off a 7 minute mile at the age of 42.  It's much easier to run 6 miles at around 11 minute mile pace than it is to run a 7 minute mile. 
Holy #### I thought I was going to die.  I wasn't kidding when i posted that video.  I was feeling fine at the challenge of our rivals and had to stop before the second chorus. 

Yeah, apparently we’re also stupid.  Sorry.
I know.  I was just trying to make us sound better. 

and drunk*

**my neighbor has beach chairs set up in his driveway.  he is drinking.  it just started raining.  i'm gonna go stand 7 feet away from him.  and probably start drinking.
Yeah baby.  That's how team O does abs. 

and drunk*

Definitely, should.  I am working on some 12 ounce curls as we speak.  

Drove from Seattle to NC since Friday evening. Ate all the fast food and drank all the soda on the way. Likely gained 5+ pounds. Good news is I left my scale in Seattle so I won’t know. Will weigh in in a couple months once I make it back to get my stuff.

Almost slept in.  Almost.  I closed my eyes fro 30 minutes, finally willed my way out of bed and rowed 30 mins.  Figure I'll work back up, in the next couple of days, to doing daily 10k rows (about 45 mins).  Didn't yet do some push ups and crunches or planks or whatever, but thinking that'll be my evening exercise.

Had coffee and a hard boiled egg.

Let's reboot this M F.

Alarm set. 4:45am. Drink the raw eggs. Hit the erg. Maybe some push ups. Start the day. 

I’ll knock out a killer workout before any of those 10k nerds knows what’s what. 
**yaaawn**

8:05, alright I suppose I'll get up now. 

Alarm set. 4:45am. Drink the raw eggs. Hit the erg. Maybe some push ups. Start the day. 

I’ll knock out a killer workout before any of those 10k nerds knows what’s what. 
Just to be clear you aren't actually drinking raw eggs right? I thought we were past the movie superhero diets. 

Week 10 IF Check in:

Week 1 = -1 lbs. overall
Week 2 = -2 lbs. overall
Week 3 = -3.5 lbs. overall
Week 4 = -5.0 lbs. overall
Week 5 = -6.5 lbs. overall
Week 6 = -7.0 lbs. overall
Week 7 = -8.0 lbs. overall
Week 8 = -7.0 lbs. overall
Week 9 = -8.0 lbs. overall
Week 10 = -8.0 lbs. overall

Stalleriffic.  I'm trying to drink less.... It's not working.  Goal after COVID crisis passes: 1) My family is healthy and unscathed.  2) I am healthy and unscathed. 3) I'm not worse off than I was at Week 1.

The atypical thing is perhaps that this year March regression waited until March to appear ;)  
Nah, he has a history of success through February. Scroll backwards and fact check if you so desire. The downward spiral always begins in March. Sometimes there are brief resurgences, other times there are not. The changes he implemented this fall put him in a much better position to bounce back, but it needs to happen now...and then sustain.

Nah, he has a history of success through February. Scroll backwards and fact check if you so desire. The downward spiral always begins in March. Sometimes there are brief resurgences, other times there are not. The changes he implemented this fall put him in a much better position to bounce back, but it needs to happen now...and then sustain.
:football:

It's been pouring all day today.  I'll be doing some HIIT exercises in the basement but not planning to get in a long run today.  I still need to knock out 10 miles by Friday to stick to my schedule.   It really sucks not having the gym as a backup.  It also sucks not being able to go into work (where I've typically burned 450 calories by the time I'm done).  :sadbanana:

Ok just did an 8 minute mile. I tried for a 7.5 minute pace and bonked so I think my current speed is about 8 but I haven't been training for it at all so I can definitely improve.  I am willing to take that event and the 5k for team O.  @fred_1_15301 you've got the 10k. @krista4 and @DA RAIDERS, you've got Planking and... Drinking and Planking. @eaganwildcatsand @Otis you've got Rowing, and Drinking and Rowing.  @Tecumseh what's your event?  @Alex P Keaton are you in?  It wouldn't happen to be Drinking and Running, would it?  Anyone else?  Speak up, 

Ok just did an 8 minute mile. I tried for a 7.5 minute pace and bonked so I think my current speed is about 8 but I haven't been training for it at all so I can definitely improve.  I am willing to take that event and the 5k for team O.  @fred_1_15301 you've got the 10k. @krista4 and @DA RAIDERS, you've got Planking and... Drinking and Planking. @eaganwildcatsand @Otis you've got Rowing, and Drinking and Rowing@Tecumseh what's your event?  @Alex P Keaton are you in?  It wouldn't happen to be Drinking and Running, would it?  Anyone else?  Speak up, 
As I sit here and sip a fine Jordan Cabernet reading this suggestion, I'm nodding my head and thinking, "yeah, I've got this."

You were training for 10 miles. This is 10k. You do know that Ks are smaller than miles, right? 
I've been running 10K at about a 10:30 to 11:00 minute mile pace.  Those guys are probably averaging 7 minute mile pace.  But I'm just messing around - of course I'm in.  Just expect that I will be the weakest link.  

I've been running 10K at about a 10:30 to 11:00 minute mile pace.  Those guys are probably averaging 7 minute mile pace.  But I'm just messing around - of course I'm in.  Just expect that I will be the weakest link.  
Yes, you will be a weak link.  And it's true that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. But they will only be as strong as their weakest link, too.  And you will be one of many weak links in a weak chain. This is our advantage.  We are all weak links, and we don't give a ####.  

Ok just did an 8 minute mile. I tried for a 7.5 minute pace and bonked so I think my current speed is about 8 but I haven't been training for it at all so I can definitely improve.  I am willing to take that event and the 5k for team O.  @fred_1_15301 you've got the 10k. @krista4 and @DA RAIDERS, you've got Planking and... Drinking and Planking. @eaganwildcatsand @Otis you've got Rowing, and Drinking and Rowing.  @Tecumseh what's your event?  @Alex P Keaton are you in?  It wouldn't happen to be Drinking and Running, would it?  Anyone else?  Speak up, 
just went and ran the same route as last time.  had to avoid some lady that hasn't been outside in 3 months and her dog.  f'ing dog lunged at me as i ran past her, because she refused to move to one side or the other.  so...on my way back, i had to stop.  and let the spinster, in her puffy down jacket(it's 64 and perfect outside) and her douchey, fluff ball go by.  had to cost me 10 seconds.  sooooo....long story long, i knocked a minute off my time!  still not too winded, could probably knock another minute off pretty easily.

10 minute mile  SUCK  IT 10K NERDS!! 

i am now drinking.  

booze.  

the highest proof booze, that i have.

hope my calves don't lock up, for 2 days, this time.   :oldunsure:   my wife was not amused, at all my moaning and limping around.  but i told her, it's for inner tubes!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:   are you dragging him?  borrow one of GM's kids and put some weight on there!
We got like an inch of snow and he wanted to go sledding. I didn't think it would work but i had a sled with a tow rope a hill with a six inch drop over 30 feet, and eye of the tiger playing on repeat in my head so LFG I guess.  He had a blast - that wasn't coached, he just yelled wheee this is fun.  It probably helped that we had a terrible year for snow in my area so this is literally the first time he's gotten to do it. I'm hoping it's not all gone or frozen over by morning so i can take him out again.  

Users who are viewing this thread