What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (5 Viewers)

I honestly don't know how you guys (assuming you are previous drinkers) have the will power to stop drinking at a time like this.  Being cooped up all day and night trying to work, workout and handle the kids is hitting me hard.  I absolutely need a drink.  Kudos to you.
I haven't had a drink since...[checks notes]...Monday.  That streak will end today.

I wisely refused to buy more ever since we killed a few boxes in the Fall.  Snubbing Girl Scouts like a boss. 
I am holding steady at 168, after briefly getting just under 164. I can live without a six-pack. I am not sure I can live without Thin Mints and Tagalongs though.

Still working on strength training, with my KBs, resistance bands, and a janky little barbell set I picked up the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs. O and I drank most of the wine last night. Which is good because I don’t want to drink today. Or ever again. I much preferred not drinking. But lockdown has been hard. 
On my wife’s encroachment on the elderly, and their hour shopping spree, she bought a bunch of beer for me.  I, sort of, wish she hadn’t. But...lockdown is hard. 

Went running again today. Calves still pissed, but my knees are, remarkably, doing quite well!!  Very happy about that!

9 minute mile again. Heart rate stayed much lower this time.  Gonna wait a day or two, to run again. Gotta figure out some goofy workout, with very little equipment for the next few days. 

I improved my 5k from around 30 minutes to under 26 in a month while running 4 miles at a MAF pace slower than 42 minutes.  Your experience may be different but I bet you're faster than you think you are 
You were right BF, 5k in 28:43. Didn’t look at my heart rate or time at all, just went by feel. Average HR was 20 above MAF though. 

Might be able to get under 28:00. 

BTW I went running around 5:45 in the evening today and there were very few people out (and the weather was beautiful).  Anytime I came close to another runner/biker, we avoided each other like the plague.  It was nice to see.

You were right BF, 5k in 28:43. Didn’t look at my heart rate or time at all, just went by feel. Average HR was 20 above MAF though. 

Might be able to get under 28:00. 
Your MAF runs are getting your heart and legs used to running further before bonking.  When you can run a fast 5k without getting tired, your speed will go way up.  It turns out the best way to get to running a fast 5k without getting tired is to be able to run a slow 5 miles without getting tired.  All those MAF runs were like Mr. Miyagi making you paint the fence and now he's raining haymakers down on you and you're like wax on sand the floor HOW DID I KNOW TO DO THIS

I honestly don't know how you guys (assuming you are previous drinkers) have the will power to stop drinking at a time like this.  Being cooped up all day and night trying to work, workout and handle the kids is hitting me hard.  I absolutely need a drink.  Kudos to you.
Mrs O and I picked drinking back up during this. Everyone retreating to old comforts. 

Back into health mode.  Decided to start a new 100-day Tecumseh challenge yesterday, so I completed Day Two today.  By the way, I'm going to continue to call these "Tecumseh challenges" for eternity.  I haven't started the 30-day yoga yet because I made the mistake of asking a friend to do it with me (virtually) and she has to "research it" before deciding on a starting date.  Sigh.  Did gain a pound last week, which wasn't so bad considering taking four days off from working out, and all the wine and the pizza and the tequila and the pizza and the wine.  Back to healthier eating today, new Tecumseh challenge, yoga sometime after the research is completed...BRING IT.
Getting back on board on Saturday. Going to start a new 100 days, with a 30 minute minimum. I have a week off (since I was supposed to be in Italy :rant:  )so I shouldn't have any problem getting into a pattern. Looking to drop 15 pounds in 30 days.

Getting back on board on Saturday. Going to start a new 100 days, with a 30 minute minimum. I have a week off (since I was supposed to be in Italy :rant:  )so I shouldn't have any problem getting into a pattern. Looking to drop 15 pounds in 30 days.
:thumbup:   I completed Day Five today!  We'll just be six days apart, so let's keep in touch on how we're doing.

Jan 1 - 257.7

Mar 27 - 241.0

Been stuck at this weight for a while.  I just can't break below 240.

I did beat my 21 mile running goal (28 this week).  I have revised the goal from 10% increase/week to 1 mile increase/week with a max of 28.  I just don't have time to run much more than that.

Page 3 - oh my. Tough March.

Back in the game tomorrow. Seems like all previously discussed challenges are fizzling out. I am shooting for 1,000 minutes of exercise in April if anyone cares to join in - figured it would be open to a wider audience if it wasn't just meters rowed 🙂

sort of joined a push up challenge in the 10 k thread.  just trying to get some exercise in everyday.  i'm attempting to train my body to run again..

eta:  and i'm drinking more than usual.

At this point, I feel like I just need to buy a treadmill.  My wife and I now will need to start home schooling our son on top of our day jobs (I'm sure many of you are in the same boat here).  It's going to be almost impossible for me to get a run in outside of the weekends.   :(

At this point, I feel like I just need to buy a treadmill.  My wife and I now will need to start home schooling our son on top of our day jobs (I'm sure many of you are in the same boat here).  It's going to be almost impossible for me to get a run in outside of the weekends.   :(
where to put it my problem.  things are f'ing huge

I am attempting an @Otis-lite wakeup tomorrow to attempt to get the exercise in prior to the day kicking in. Back when all I had to do during the day was work it wasn't too bad to workout after bed time. Adding wrangling the 2 year old to the daily responsibilities has changed the evening energy levels a tiny little bit. 

where to put it my problem.  things are f'ing huge
I actually have a space in the basement for it but I don't want to spend the money.  We are paying a lot of money for our Y membership (and before Covid we used it a ton) and I just don't think it makes sense to buy a treadmill for the short term.  But if this situation doesn't improve, I may not have a choice.

I am attempting an @Otis-lite wakeup tomorrow to attempt to get the exercise in prior to the day kicking in. Back when all I had to do during the day was work it wasn't too bad to workout after bed time. Adding wrangling the 2 year old to the daily responsibilities has changed the evening energy levels a tiny little bit. 
Yes I guess waking up at 4:30 every morning would be one solution.  I'm just not sure I'm wired like that yet.  

I start work at 6am but I'm used to taking my "lunch break"at 8 to take my kid to school.  He's still waking up around 7 even without school so I'm thinking of using that time to get a walk in and get him some exercise before he goes wild all day. 

Back in the game tomorrow. Seems like all previously discussed challenges are fizzling out. I am shooting for 1,000 minutes of exercise in April if anyone cares to join in - figured it would be open to a wider audience if it wasn't just meters rowed 🙂
I'll do the April 1000-minute challenge with you!  :norowing:

I'll do the April 1000-minute challenge with you!  :norowing:
I'd be down for that as well.

Day 1/100 (SAT)... And so it begins. Starting weight is 226 :yucky: . Played a round of disc golf, and later in the evening went for about a mile walk with my kid and the dogs.

Day 2/100 (SUN)- Went for a 30min run around my neighborhood. I expect my eyes will be crusted shut in the morning from all the pollen, but it doesn't bother me much respiratory-wise, so it was good to get out. I was very pleased that I was even able to run for 30mins straight without stopping, considering how out of shape I've gotten. 

No bank this time around. Just undoing damage.

My wife and I are each taking a one hour break to exercise each day. The other stays home with the kids. 

I went for my run last night.  Started out as a MAF run then after a mile and change I realized i just didn't feel like running for that long.  So i decided to run a fast mile and realized I can't go that fast so it became a fast quarter mile instead.  Gave in and did some intervals at 8.6 mph (7 minute mile pace). Finished with run/walk/despair-for-my-fitness-level. 

But i went.  And I'll go again tonigh.  

Day 1 success. 10k in ~44 minutes.

I'll be tracking anyone who posts they want in to the April 1K minute x-ercise challenge. Once we are going just post your minutes each day and I'll keep a running tally going and update periodically. 

Day 1 success. 10k in ~44 minutes.

I'll be tracking anyone who posts they want in to the April 1K minute x-ercise challenge. Once we are going just post your minutes each day and I'll keep a running tally going and update periodically. 
Wait - you ran at a 7 minute mile pace for 10 KM?  Why aren't you hanging out in the 10K thread with the pros?

ETA - Are you talking about rowing?

Users who are viewing this thread