What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (9 Viewers)

Under points for the day which is good, but I ate so many veggies that I ended up way too low on calories (only 1300). I even ate a small pudding cup to get the calories up a bit. 

3 mile run to keep the streak going for the month. 

Exercise minutes for May:

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total.

belljr said:
I think I finally snapped out of my lethargic/depression/covid/binging

I'm still not working out regularly but I'm on day 4 of no bad food or snacks.  Am able to go to bed without eating a snack.   Hopefully the scale starts to move again.  
I feel strongly if you do not get at least a few pieces of fruit in your system daily, the sugars and snacks at night start to be uncontrollable. 

I also want to add to this topic, the TV...the Television, The Box, that thing is everyone's biggest problem and I will list quickly why that is if it's not obvious...

-Sitting down watching TV doesn't use much energy, mostly you lay there sitting still with few exceptions and it's easy to let several hours slip by doing nothing. 

-The TV is loaded with Ads and even on A DVR you sorta see them or find yourself seeing them even if you don't want to...how many times can you watch Dominos, Taco Bell, Frito Lay, Coca Cola, Miller, Oreos and the list is endless of tempting treats they pile on and if you enjoy Sports you get even more of them served up your way. It's very difficult to reprogram your brain when it's getting a constant message to eat. 

-The TV tends to ignite responses in your brain and emotions whether you know it or not. And if you tune into the news or something upsetting you might have to reach for some emotional food even faster. Sometimes an old movie can take you back but that's not always a good thing as many folks have bad memories, not all memories are good ones. 

I understand the depression, I'm really fighting it myself...(edited for some graphic content). 

-Honestly, it was a great day here in MOPLand and I have some really big news that I'm going to want to share but I want to let it marinade a little so I don't get too excited. I'm trying to not get too high or too low, important to be balanced which is one of the main reasons I jumped in. I'll explain more about how the food impacts my personality directly in the coming days but I know I am on to something with this. Maybe different people react differently but I find sugars to have a major impact on me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
day 8 update:  -76 calories which gets me to +1188 calories for the challenge.  Over 12K steps that day.

day 9 update: -550 calories on the day (no drinks)  and I'm at +638 for the challenge with over 10K steps.

Leave it to MoP. Only guy who can’t measure pizza, has to come into a weight loss thread and muck it up with that noise. 

I ate well today. And rowed a 10k this morning. And I’m not shhammered. Back on track. 
The point of the TV was a good one and I don't think it's fair when folks bring up depression to totally ignore what is causing at least some of that. 

I happen to live in an area where there are two worlds going on simultaneously, it's a little stressful. I know many of you are going thru a lot more stress. I wasn't trying to to derail, more trying to be understanding. 

Visual Stimulants loaded with food ads BAD, we can all agree on that I'm sure. 

Day 42- Sorry but we just continue to have incredible weather in Florida, the wind or breeze blowing around South Florida was strong today. Really felt it when I was on my bike and having to downshift in order to pedal into the gusts. 

I had taken off for a walk this morning, bike this afternoon and then my wife wanted to get her walk in so I joined her for a beautiful sunset and we ended up "trespassing" on to the 18th hole of the golf course and sat there just thinking about what we were feeling. I think 20 years ago something else would have happened on that 18th hole but i was happy to watch the pink sky fade to darkness with the Mrs. 

155 Minutes

1,520 Total and it sure looks like we are going to try to make a run at 3,000 again although that wasn't really the plan.   

No worries!  I'm eager to hear your big news when you're ready to share.
Current Crisis made me want to re-set. 

Feel strongly because I have been focused on this and NOT THAT...THAT WHICH WE HAD TO EDIT 😂  

But seriously, something wonderful and tailor made for MOP came across my desk today, actually it was an amazing phone call from a long time mentor and friend who is full system go now on his consulting company in the IT field, he's got books on Amazon, social media content the whole nine yards and I believe I will be his first hire to head up marketing and sales, it's going to be a blast to build something with someone you have so much respect for. I don't believe that happens if I wasn't dialed in to the health right now.  Hate to use this Van Halen but yeah Right Here Right Now something is happening and I can feel it. 

There's more to it as well but much like the health journey, it's better if I just take it one step at a time and not get too far ahead of myself. Still in the beginning phases but very optimistic we can make this happen. Imagine at the end of this terrible crisis, I end up shedding a bunch of unwanted weight, engage in new activities like bilateral self propulsion AND perhaps finding something new to bring me happiness but ultimately challenge myself to think and create. It's all possible with the choices I make moving forward. 

Current Crisis made me want to re-set. 

Feel strongly because I have been focused on this and NOT THAT...THAT WHICH WE HAD TO EDIT 😂  

But seriously, something wonderful and tailor made for MOP came across my desk today, actually it was an amazing phone call from a long time mentor and friend who is full system go now on his consulting company in the IT field, he's got books on Amazon, social media content the whole nine yards and I believe I will be his first hire to head up marketing and sales, it's going to be a blast to build something with someone you have so much respect for. I don't believe that happens if I wasn't dialed in to the health right now.  Hate to use this Van Halen but yeah Right Here Right Now something is happening and I can feel it. 

There's more to it as well but much like the health journey, it's better if I just take it one step at a time and not get too far ahead of myself. Still in the beginning phases but very optimistic we can make this happen. Imagine at the end of this terrible crisis, I end up shedding a bunch of unwanted weight, engage in new activities like bilateral self propulsion AND perhaps finding something new to bring me happiness but ultimately challenge myself to think and create. It's all possible with the choices I make moving forward. 
Congrats and good luck.

I have more terrific news to share, some mornings when you wake up you can just feel your body and you know something is different and I knew it was going to be a good day to jump on the scale even though i was going to wait until Friday, wife also felt similar this morning. 

We/Me went from 220 on 3.20.20 to around 200 by May 1st and we are at May 13th,

194.8 Baby! 

No beer or alcohol the last...this is Day 3 on that. We're not trying to magically be sober or anything, but it's likely making me a bit cranky. 

The goal for June 1st had originally been about 193/194, not going to move the goal posts but would be pretty pumped if we could push well past that. I've never in my adult life been much lighter than I am at the moment and I didn't stay there for more than a second. 

This is amazing, there's no other way to say it. I never thought I would allow Fred to put me on the MFP. 

I'm very humbled this morning, thank you.    

bostonfred said:
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/785353-its-not-too-late-to-start-the-may-challenge-keeping-track-of-your-eating-with-other-fbgs/

Posting daily here.

@belljr @Bull Dozier join us. Just try tracking what you are doing and reading along.  A lot of us are doing this at the same time and going through similar things like realizing what alcohol was doing to our diets and finding ways to still have good food while tracking/losing.  
Will jump in when I start tracking.  I'm starting with exercise as the only change for now so I can get in that habit without being preoccupied with results.  The first week of exercise, I gained 3.5 pounds.  Likely due to the additional calories of actually eating breakfast daily to fuel the morning workout, protein shakes, creatine, my birthday, mothers day, etc etc.  I'm going to weight in again Friday and see where I am.  If I'm flat or losing, I probably won't start tracking yet, but if I'm still gaining weight, I'll definitely start tracking and jump in to that thread. :thumbup:

day 8 update:  -76 calories which gets me to +1188 calories for the challenge.  Over 12K steps that day.

day 9 update: -550 calories on the day (no drinks)  and I'm at +638 for the challenge with over 10K steps.
Wanted to know what part of Florida you hang out in, I'm on the County line of Palm Beach/Martin, technically on Martin side. 

Great job!

Still struggling to get back in the workout mode. It's funny a couple months ago I used to get really agitated if I didn't go to the gym for at least an hour every day. Now I can't even be bothered to walk down the hall and swing a kettlebell around for half an hour.

But I am back on a serious low carb diet. For whatever reason, I find being extremely strict much easier to manage than "use your best judgement". 

Have already dropped from just under 177 to just under 173.

Ok I've been here before, tbh the shutdown took all my motivation.....I'm 100% sure I finally turned the corner.

Down 4 pounds already.    

Goal 1: 7 more

Goal 2: 23 more

Stretch Goal 3: 37

Super stretch goal 4: 45

Tbh if I get between 2 and 3 I'll be back to my normal comfortable after college weight.  The difference will be I won't look like I did then with no fat 😂

1733 consumed yesterday. still 533 under my combined total.  and i ate, A LOT.  i was starving.  i've been working out very hard.  i needed fuel.  kept it clean, so the count was low.  i'm pretty sure my calorie needs, are going to fall in the 1800-2200 range, when i'm working out hard.   it's been an interesting experiment  thanks @bostonfred

Ate 30 out of 35 allowed. 
didn’t run today because I needed a break. I did walk 90 minutes though, so I think that is a fair trade. 

I am still saying perfect on diet and exercise goals for May. 

I am getting a physical in the morning. I am anxious to see if my cholesterol has dipped since I haven’t eaten red meat in a few weeks and have been loading up on vegetables.  

Day 43 and despite incredible weather and a strong 20 mph+ gusts coming in from the Atlantic, just couldn't seem to carve out time early in the day and once I weighed in, I kind of chilled out and relaxed. 

Just a simple 60 minute walk after dinner tonight. 

1,580 total and Friday is starting to look like the start of Hurricane Season down here, supposed to rain almost all day and even into Saturday but occasionally the weather men are wrong around here. 

Probably won't have the calorie deficit of some other days but that's OK too.  

Exercise minutes for May:

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total minutes.

When I first started walking a lot several months ago, I just walked. Eventually I started listening to audiobooks while walking. I generally don't like audiobooks because my mind wanders too easily and it's a pain to go back and find the place where I stopped paying attention, so I miss a lot. Then I started listening to podcasts and music instead -- but I got my monthly bill for cellular data streaming and stopped that immediately.

More recently, I started walking while reading on my kindle paperwhite and it's an absolute game-changer. It sounds like it'd be hard to walk while reading, but it's really not. I very quickly got the hang of alternately glancing at the text and scanning my environment without much conscious effort. Maybe I'm just super talented and others would find it more difficult, but I don't think so. Try it before dismissing it. It's easy even without this nifty strap thingy, and the strap makes it even easier. (I'm sure walking with a paperback would also work, but a kindle is much lighter and easier to operate with just one hand, and it also helps to make the font really big.)

It used to take me six hours to walk for three hours and read for three hours. Doing both at once is way more efficient. Highly recommended.

Maurile Tremblay said:
When I first started walking a lot several months ago, I just walked. Eventually I started listening to audiobooks while walking. I generally don't like audiobooks because my mind wanders too easily and it's a pain to go back and find the place where I stopped paying attention, so I miss a lot. Then I started listening to podcasts and music instead -- but I got my monthly bill for cellular data streaming and stopped that immediately.

More recently, I started walking while reading on my kindle paperwhite and it's an absolute game-changer. It sounds like it'd be hard to walk while reading, but it's really not. I very quickly got the hang of alternately glancing at the text and scanning my environment without much conscious effort. Maybe I'm just super talented and others would find it more difficult, but I don't think so. Try it before dismissing it. It's easy even without this nifty strap thingy, and the strap makes it even easier. (I'm sure walking with a paperback would also work, but a kindle is much easier to operate with just one hand.)

It used to take me six hours to walk for three hours and read for three hours. Doing both at once is way more efficient. Highly recommended.
Say what? Straight Talk, Cricket, even TMobile all have unlimited plans very affordable, I haven't been on a data plan for years. 

Maurile Tremblay said:

More recently, I started walking while reading on my kindle paperwhite and it's an absolute game-changer. It sounds like it'd be hard to walk while reading, but it's really not. I very quickly got the hang of alternately glancing at the text and scanning my environment without much conscious effort. Maybe I'm just super talented and others would find it more difficult, but I don't think so. Try it before dismissing it. It's easy even without this nifty strap thingy, and the strap makes it even easier. (I'm sure walking with a paperback would also work, but a kindle is much easier to operate with just one hand.)

Can't you just download the podcasts and music when you are on wifi at no cost?  

Say what? Straight Talk, Cricket, even TMobile all have unlimited plans very affordable, I haven't been on a data plan for years. 
My plan is great. (Google Fi.) My average monthly cost, based on my normal usage habits, is about $25. But while phone and wi-fi are unlimited, data is $10 per GB for the first 6 GBs (free/unlimited after that). I used it all.

day 10 update: I have a one day streak with no  boozed during COVID-19!!   :towelwave:

Hit the sauce pretty hard yesterday for no (legitimate) reason so ended up +458 on the day and I'm now at +1096 for the challenge.  Sometimes you need those DGAF days even during a FBG challenge :)  

Maurile Tremblay said:

More recently, I started walking while reading on my kindle paperwhite and it's an absolute game-changer. It sounds like it'd be hard to walk while reading, but it's really not. I very quickly got the hang of alternately glancing at the text and scanning my environment without much conscious effort. Maybe I'm just super talented and others would find it more difficult, but I don't think so. Try it before dismissing it. It's easy even without this nifty strap thingy, and the strap makes it even easier. (I'm sure walking with a paperback would also work, but a kindle is much lighter and easier to operate with just one hand, and it also helps to make the font really big.)

:lmao:  My wife's uncle used to do this at the beach. He'd grab a book and disappear for hours, just wondering, and reading. I always thought it was hilarious. Never heard of anyone else doing it. I know I couldnt. 

Maurile Tremblay said:

I just don't know what to say.

had to take a break from the killer workouts.  my body needed it.  went on a leisurely 2 mile walk with the wife.  current consumption 1734...pending a glass of wine or 2.  i'll more or less break even today.
Systematic fatigue is real.  Resistance training gives you that immediate feedback that you have hit a wall.  

More bodyweight  isometric type workouts don't seem to accumulate nearly the CNS fatigue for me lately.  I usually feel like walks don't quite do it for me, though.

had to take a break from the killer workouts.  my body needed it.  went on a leisurely 2 mile walk with the wife.  current consumption 1734...pending a glass of wine or 2.  i'll more or less break even today.
Good decision. You can't always be rising in the not so wonderful world of exercise. No matter what you're doing at some point that accumulating stress you're demanding of your body needs a moment to breathe, so you can proceed onward and upwards again.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Then I started listening to podcasts and music instead -- but I got my monthly bill for cellular data streaming and stopped that immediately.

My plan is great. (Google Fi.) My average monthly cost, based on my normal usage habits, is about $25. But while phone and wi-fi are unlimited, data is $10 per GB for the first 6 GBs (free/unlimited after that). I used it all.
:no:

I sat on and broke right through two chairs today. In succession. These are patio lounge chairs we’ve probably owned for 7 or 8 years. I’ve sat on them hundreds, maybe thousands of times. As have many others. 

It’s getting bad. 

Users who are viewing this thread