What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

You’re doing so great.  I can’t go with no alcohol at the moment due to two moves within six days, plus work nightmares, but maybe in January.  Rooting you on now.
we are going skiing in utah and wyoming, for almost 3 weeks in January.   :banned:   i'll root for you!

Oh man, I’m sorry.  I don’t mean to discourage push-up chat at all.  I can easily scroll on by.  Please, this is a thread for all of it and all of us.

I don't have to read both this and the fred-centric thread about losing weight, do I?  This is my "home" thread for fitness/diet.

Btw, keeping up on my 4+ miles per day but skipped Adriene.  I am taking her "find what feels good" seriously and thought a day off would feel good.  I'll likely add today's skipped workout to another day, because I don't like to fail.
This strategy has worked for me too. For years I struggled finding the right balance between running and strength training, but once I started doing what you described I've had substantially less hiccups. If my body is asking for a break then listen and double up the next day.

This strategy has worked for me too. For years I struggled finding the right balance between running and strength training, but once I started doing what you described I've had substantially less hiccups. If my body is asking for a break then listen and double up the next day.
I did yesterday's routine this morning and am glad I listened to my body as it was a difficult one!  Now I'll double up later today.  I'm glad to hear this has worked for you; makes me feel better about my decision.

in what way?  she's talking too much for my taste.   was it the farting?
:lmao:   What?  You guys are having a different yoga experience.

Since I'm posting yet again in this thread today, I also want to beg bfred to come back and post more here, as well as encourage push-up talk.  I feel awful about potentially driving that away.

Since I'm posting yet again in this thread today, I also want to beg bfred to come back and post more here, as well as encourage push-up talk.  I feel awful about potentially driving that away.
:lmao:   fred ate a lot of chili.  i had no chili.  yet found myself farting a bit, in yesterday's session.  these threads are about shared experiences and encouragement.  i didn't want my brother to stand alone in his moment of soul baring vulnerability.   :lmao:   

anyway...she's talking a bit much much for my tastes.  and it's not hard enough, yet.  i may start adding one of her core sessions every day.

:lmao:   fred ate a lot of chili.  i had no chili.  yet found myself farting a bit, in yesterday's session.  these threads are about shared experiences and encouragement.  i didn't want my brother to stand alone in his moment of soul baring vulnerability.   :lmao:   

anyway...she's talking a bit much much for my tastes.  and it's not hard enough, yet.  i may start adding one of her core sessions every day.
I think I fart in almost every yoga session.  Might be why the wife says she wants to do the 30 days of yoga, but when I put it on she clears the room.

You didn't at all. It's just good to have a separate thread and we got almost 40 people involved which is especially awesome because I didn't know 40 people still posted here. This thread is for fun and encouragement and sometimes making fun of Otis fad diets.  

Day 3 of camp was a lot of lie down, do a figure four, now put one hand on each sit bone and pull them apart gently then press on your belly, gently but firmly, now roll yourself up like a tube of toothpaste and remember your mantra today is push. Not a great day to have overeaten turkey chili for lunch. 

She definitely talked too much and she might have been drunk.  Who would know?  At one point she did lion's breath and started laughing because she hurt her jaw.  Um ok. 

And she was also peak Adriene cuteness. 

it was strange farting so much while being so entranced by someone so goofy. 

I hate this weather. Or sure, it's sunny and in the 50s, a lot of people wouldn't complain. But I have to have that hoodie to survive the first part, then inevitably carry it for the last half-mile. Anyway, not what anyone would call an insurmountable problem. Still can't slow down enough early on. Here we go!

Oh man, I’m sorry.  I don’t mean to discourage push-up chat at all.  I can easily scroll on by.  Please, this is a thread for all of it and all of us.
No need to apologize.  I'm not posting much in this thread because at this point I don't have much to update on.  I'll do the push-up thingy every day and then I'll do some combination of body combat, weights, HIIT or bike.  That's pretty much it -  booooriiiingg.  I still drink too much (although quitting on weekdays has felt great), eat moderately healthy and go to sleep way too late.  I don't post in the other thread because I'm not interested in losing weight - just repurposing the weight.  

No need to apologize.  I'm not posting much in this thread because at this point I don't have much to update on.  I'll do the push-up thingy every day and then I'll do some combination of body combat, weights, HIIT or bike.  That's pretty much it -  booooriiiingg.  I still drink too much (although quitting on weekdays has felt great), eat moderately healthy and go to sleep way too late.  I don't post in the other thread because I'm not interested in losing weight - just repurposing the weight.  
same.  it's tedious. 

i am working on changing my sleep habits.  i'm going to bed and waking up earlier.  it's a very hard habit to change.

Yea, I'm the same.  Not interested in losing a massive amount of weight really quickly.  I am taking the slow and steady "lifestyle" approach.  I still haven't invested in an actual scale, but am still dropping pounds.  Yesterday was another notch in the belt.  I'm down 4 holes on the belt.... and based on the wear patterns I'm not sure this hole has ever been utilized before.  Glad I maintained hope that I wouldn't always be a fatass because I kept a lot of my old clothes that I couldn't fit into but wished I could, so I haven't had to buy a new wardrobe.... I am heading towards being down to a waist size I haven't had since college, so probably going to need to do some pants shopping in the near future.

You guys are still killing it in here - I'm setting records for number of consecutive days of drinking.  I've gained some weight but still 20 pounds less than when I started this weight loss effort in 2019.  The main goal for the year was to average 10K steps per day for the entire year (probably seems lame to some people, but it's getting me off my ### and moving so it's working for me).  I'm still in range of completing the goal although I need ~12,500 steps per day to reach it.  I'm off the last 2 weeks of the year so I should make it.  Interim goal to finish the year is to get back under 200 by 12/31 -- it sucked to lose that "1" on the scale.  I've drastically cut back on calories (except booze) the last week and I'm headed back to sub 200.

Next year will be less drinking, fewer steps per day :lol: , and more weight training / stretching / yoga - I'll probably do the 30 days with Adriene thing, and no drinking in Feb... I'll probably refine these to something more concrete but for now I'm focused on making both  of the 2020 goals by the end of the year (10K steps, sub 200).

Yoga camp 

Day 1 - mostly on the floor, 30 minutes of easing back into it

Day 2 - almost an hour. I might have skipped it. Will try to do it this weekend. 

Day 3 - salute the sun with trumpets! 30 minutes of Fartapalooza. 

Day 4 - sun salutations with some warrior 1 and a really nice hip opener at the end

Yoga camp 

Day 1 - mostly on the floor, 30 minutes of easing back into it

Day 2 - almost an hour. I might have skipped it. Will try to do it this weekend. 

Day 3 - salute the sun with trumpets! 30 minutes of Fartapalooza. 

Day 4 - sun salutations with some warrior 1 and a really nice hip opener at the end
I didn’t look at day 2, before I started it. I was a bit surprised at the length of it. 🤣

very happy to get off the mat today. 

I know RAIDERS at least is always looking for a little more, and I'd like to recommend yesterday's "side body flow" from Adriene's December calendar as something you could use one day when you're seeking something extra.  It was deceptively difficult - nothing you can't do but just a little harder than it would seem on the surface.  Could be a good addition to a nice sweaty yoga you're already doing.

I know RAIDERS at least is always looking for a little more, and I'd like to recommend yesterday's "side body flow" from Adriene's December calendar as something you could use one day when you're seeking something extra.  It was deceptively difficult - nothing you can't do but just a little harder than it would seem on the surface.  Could be a good addition to a nice sweaty yoga you're already doing.
I just saw that one recommended to me on YouTube and was thinking about doing that. I used to hate side planks but now that I can actually do them, I kind of look forward to them. 

Not tonight I though. I just made an unexpected discovery. I thought i was out of wine and was planning to ride it out until Christmas. I forgot that I had bought a bunch of wine and left it in the bar downstairs. Honestly never occurred to me that I would have wine in the thing where you store wine. Turns out I have about a case of random bottles from a trip to wine country ten years ago, our wedding, and apparently somewhat recently because I just opened a 2012 Wild Horse pinot noir that I can only guarantee was not purchased in 2020 or in 2011 or prior.  I spent a long time in my box wine and port wine phases so I'm guessing its been sitting there for several years but it was stored on its side in a dark spot in a cooler area of the house so hey let's try it.

And the verdict is?  Probably at least as good as the 12 dollars it originally cost. 

* No pushups were harmed in the making of this post. 

It was coooold out there this morning, my fingers hurt for most of my walk. But my 19:40 pace was Goldilocks-perfect, and the scale says I lost 0.9 pounds this week. After substantial loss last week, I am quite happy.

Did an insane 55 minute body combat this morning.  My heart rate was pushing 180 at times and I actually was starting to feel a little dizzy in the last round.  Got through it though.  Pushups are a component of body combat but I haven’t been counting these towards the 100/day.  Anyways had a busy day and didn’t get my pushups in.  200 tomorrow to get back on track.

Dickies said:
Had a pretty crazy crash mountain biking. Probably have to bow out of the 30 days of yoga. 
Oh no!  I'm so sorry!  Glad you're OK.  And to think this happened before you even were introduced to happy baby.  :(  

I'm boring, too, so not posting my everyday stuff.  But I do want to say tonight that I'm a little proud of myself.  I'm moving in two weeks, and reducing my house size by about 900 sq ft and my yard size by about 95%, so not only am I doing the usual moving stress but also trying to figure out what I can keep and get rid of the stuff I won't.  And all of the packing and moving, other than the larger furniture, I'm doing on my own.  Just me, lil' ol' me.  If it fits in my Outback, I take it.

So in the midst of that amount of work and stress, it would be tempting not to do my daily yoga or my 4+ miles per day of fast walking, but I've kept it up.  And really, it feels very good to do that.  "I don't have time for this yoga" has been replaced by "I don't have time NOT to do this yoga."  Both the yoga and the walking help me (temporarily, oh so temporarily) reduce stress and get a small mental break.  And two days in a row I also cooked myself a delicious homemade meal - seared tuna with lentils and raab last night, and a vegetarian Thai curry tonight.

I'm not weighing myself, though, because I cook with wine, by which I mean I cook while drinking a #### ton of wine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm boring, too, so not posting my everyday stuff.  But I do want to say tonight that I'm a little proud of myself.  I'm moving in two weeks, and reducing my house size by about 900 sq ft and my yard size by about 95%, so not only am I doing the using moving stress but also trying to figure out what I can keep and get rid of the stuff I won't.  And all of the packing and moving, other than the larger furniture, I'm doing on my own.  Just me, lil' ol' me.  If it fits in my Outback, I take it.

So in the midst of that amount of work and stress, it would be tempting not to do my daily yoga or my 4+ miles per day of fast walking, but I've kept it up.  And really, it feels very good to do that.  "I don't have time for this yoga" has been replaced by "I don't have time NOT to do this yoga."  Both the yoga and the walking help me (temporarily, oh so temporarily) reduce stress and get a small mental break.  And two days in a row I also cooked myself a delicious homemade meal - seared tuna with lentils and raab last night, and a vegetarian Thai curry tonight.

I'm not weighing myself, though, because I cook with wine, by which I mean I cook while drinking a #### ton of wine.
Sounds like a healthy, sustainable lifestyle.   Nothing wrong with boring if it’s working.  

5/5  wine was had.  and a couple beers.  1/15

6/30

6/31

171/930

---------------------------------

went to my parent's house saturday, and hung 406 feet of xmas lights.  it was wonderful to see them(rare these covid days)  one of my favorite beers was made available.   :banned:  2 were consumed after the lights were up, during a zoom call with my cousins in new zealand.  and, as expected, a really nice bottle of wine had been purchased. some wine was had with dinner.   :shrug:  

otherwise, full speed ahead.

day 6 of yoga camp, is a gnarly ab-centric session. :thumbup:  

there was something, almost as stupid as "cow legs".  "eagle legs".  laying on your back, legs up, knees bent.  cross one leg over the other.  now, twist the crossed leg, under the other leg.   hooking your crossed foot under your ankle.  now do sit ups.   :lmao:   so unpossible, i burst out laughing.  basically, the eagle arm pose, with your legs.  ridiculous.   :lmao:   

Did days 5 and 6 of yoga camp so I'm caught up.  Thanks to @DA RAIDERS for suggesting camp and pushing to do this with someone because the accountability matters. I don't think id be caught up right now if I hadn't committed to it.

Day 6, as usual, is 6 pack abs, which I suspect is her weird numerology thing.  Hard to compare this with some previous day sixes in her other 30 days because my core has apparently gotten much stronger, almost entirely from yoga. That's pretty cool. I'd guess this one is tougher because one of my favorites from the original 30 days was doing a crossover dribble while alternating scissor kicks, and this one you do the same thing but with your back off the floor. Lots of small changes to exercises we'd already done in other sessions that made this a really good core session. 

Ate like total crap yesterday and didn't eat much better today but burnt a zillion calories running/rowing/walking/playing with my kid so I'm feeling pretty good. I've still got a few of the pounds I added back after my last push but I've been adding muscle and it's visible and that's pretty cool. 

I'm boring, too, so not posting my everyday stuff.  But I do want to say tonight that I'm a little proud of myself.  I'm moving in two weeks, and reducing my house size by about 900 sq ft and my yard size by about 95%, so not only am I doing the usual moving stress but also trying to figure out what I can keep and get rid of the stuff I won't.  And all of the packing and moving, other than the larger furniture, I'm doing on my own.  Just me, lil' ol' me.  If it fits in my Outback, I take it.

i once worked with a french chef.  his mantra, "never cook with wine you wouldn't drink".  for this very reason. :D    i had a glass, making dinner with my mom on saturday.  most excellent.

Did days 5 and 6 of yoga camp so I'm caught up.  Thanks to @DA RAIDERS for suggesting camp and pushing to do this with someone because the accountability matters. I don't think id be caught up right now if I hadn't committed to it.

Day 6, as usual, is 6 pack abs, which I suspect is her weird numerology thing.  Hard to compare this with some previous day sixes in her other 30 days because my core has apparently gotten much stronger, almost entirely from yoga. That's pretty cool. I'd guess this one is tougher because one of my favorites from the original 30 days was doing a crossover dribble while alternating scissor kicks, and this one you do the same thing but with your back off the floor. Lots of small changes to exercises we'd already done in other sessions that made this a really good core session. 

Ate like total crap yesterday and didn't eat much better today but burnt a zillion calories running/rowing/walking/playing with my kid so I'm feeling pretty good. I've still got a few of the pounds I added back after my last push but I've been adding muscle and it's visible and that's pretty cool. 
right back atcha.  

you too, @fred_1_15301 ! no way, i do my pushups, on saturday.  after hanging lights and drinking a couple of delicious, high ABV beers, without the commitment.  

I'm focused on making both  of the 2020 goals by the end of the year (10K steps, sub 200).
I logged a bunch of steps this weekend so now I only need ~12K steps per day to reach the steps goal.

But I'm updating to tell you this - I weighed 200.0 this AM - right on the dot.  I tried to "lighten the load" and I've never been so disappointed in my life.  :bag:   :toilet:   :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread