What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

I had a pretty interesting ride on the mountain bike yesterday afternoon. 9 miles, 1,500 feet of climbing, 1,250 active calories burned.

My neighbor and I were riding single track about 4 miles into the ride and came across a trailrunner that said he just (within a minute prior) came face to face (within 10 feet) or a mountain lion around the turn we were making our way towards. He said it got spooked and ran away, to his relief, but cautioned us. Maybe it was the sound of our bikes that scared it because I didn’t think they were skittish. We rode on, half excited at the prospect of seeing our first mountain lion, but also half terrified of coming face to face with it. Never did see it, but it gave us about 15 minutes of not scanning for rattlesnakes. 
Oh yikes.  Mountain lions are the only creatures that scare me out on the trails.  I guess grizzlies would, but we don't have those here.  People on bikes are at more risk, because the speed will trigger their prey response.  I'm glad it ran away.  They will if you make yourself large and loud, which might be what the runner did.

If someone could invent the one day weekend I’d look like an Olympian. 
YOU.  YOU could invent it, you ####### endlessly frustrating man child, and you invent it again and again like ok I'm just going to be good 6 days a week and then I'll have a day off on Saturdays I wonder if anyone has ever tried this before and then oops it's Sunday brb need more wine and don't forget Friday Junior because you have also repeatedly invented the three day weekend and then you go from furure Olympian Michael Phelps to post Olympics Michael Phelps when he got caught with a bong and it's like you binged so hard you gave yourself a total memory wipe and some unspecified time in the future the cycle starts anew with you inventing the ####### 6 day weekend again if this were a movie about Otis' life the part of Otis would be played by Otis but the villain would be Otis and it would be like a ####ty Scooby-Doo style detective movie where you found all the evidence and just kept coming to the wrong conclusions while the camera pans to evil Otis in the mirror laughing at you and then he'd do random #### like shake the beer fridge and ho de do what was that clinking noise I should go check it out and someone would say it's the beer and you'd be like nah can't be the beer it was probably some ghost shaking chains and evil Otis just laughs and laughs and everyone would be like hey that guy in the mirror with the maniacal laugh maybe he's the bad guy and we'd all see him unmasked and then you'd be like nah, it's the guy who invented weekends, humans were never expected to have so much free time it's unhealthy and everyone would groan again. 

Oh yikes.  Mountain lions are the only creatures that scare me out on the trails.  I guess grizzlies would, but we don't have those here.  People on bikes are at more risk, because the speed will trigger their prey response.  I'm glad it ran away.  They will if you make yourself large and loud, which might be what the runner did.
I am wondering if the noise from the bikes is what scared it. The ratchets in the free hub bodies are rather noisy. I’d also think the bikes would make us look bigger, but the prey response is definitely a thing. The reality is that they are out there and there are probably other times I’ve been in close proximity to one without knowing it. I view it as a minuscule risk factor

I am wondering if the noise from the bikes is what scared it. The ratchets in the free hub bodies are rather noisy. I’d also think the bikes would make us look bigger, but the prey response is definitely a thing. The reality is that they are out there and there are probably other times I’ve been in close proximity to one without knowing it. I view it as a minuscule risk factor
Oh, it's definitely a miniscule risk.  A couple of years ago a cyclist here was killed by one, but it was the first death from a mountain lion in Washington in almost 100 years.  I'm certain they've been nearby on trails before.  For the most part they don't want anything more to do with us than we do with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU.  YOU could invent it, you ####### endlessly frustrating man child, and you invent it again and again like ok I'm just going to be good 6 days a week and then I'll have a day off on Saturdays I wonder if anyone has ever tried this before and then oops it's Sunday brb need more wine and don't forget Friday Junior because you have also repeatedly invented the three day weekend and then you go from furure Olympian Michael Phelps to post Olympics Michael Phelps when he got caught with a bong and it's like you binged so hard you gave yourself a total memory wipe and some unspecified time in the future the cycle starts anew with you inventing the ####### 6 day weekend again if this were a movie about Otis' life the part of Otis would be played by Otis but the villain would be Otis and it would be like a ####ty Scooby-Doo style detective movie where you found all the evidence and just kept coming to the wrong conclusions while the camera pans to evil Otis in the mirror laughing at you and then he'd do random #### like shake the beer fridge and ho de do what was that clinking noise I should go check it out and someone would say it's the beer and you'd be like nah can't be the beer it was probably some ghost shaking chains and evil Otis just laughs and laughs and everyone would be like hey that guy in the mirror with the maniacal laugh maybe he's the bad guy and we'd all see him unmasked and then you'd be like nah, it's the guy who invented weekends, humans were never expected to have so much free time it's unhealthy and everyone would groan again. 
:lmao:   :cry:   :lmao:   :cry:  

Yoga people might enjoy Adriene's 50-minute Deepen and Flow, as it's more challenging than most of hers.  After a whole lot of three-legged-dog/knee-to-wherever, Warriors, and lunges, she then goes into a sequence where you lift your knee for a bit, then cross your ankle over your other knee, then lift the knee, then Warrior Threes, then lift knee, then eventually, blessedly, put your leg down.  I felt proud I'd accomplished that one, with poor form but without falling over, and then she said, "We're only going to do three of these on each side."  :cry:  
I've done that one.  It sucks, but it's a good workout.

Just did Yoga with Tim Transform Day 27.

This was a mobility day, which is just a fancy term for moving your joints or commonly known as stretching.  I needed it after a weekend of suburban garden/tree/lawn warfare.  A lot of time was spent on wrists, which is good as they are used a ton in Vinyasa yoga.  Tim also has a conscious movement community, which is even more fancy stretching.  Anyway, the stretching was fine.  

So I was not sober this weekend.  On Friday I drank way too much.  So much I haven't had another drink since.  I can't decide if that's a win or just sad.

My eating was not exactly clean this weekend, but was not horrible either.  So I'm curious how the results will be when I decide to get on the scale later in the week.  

Very, very wet here this week.  My dog and I will be grumpy if we can't get to see the neighborhood everyday.  I may have to breakdown and get on the treadmill some.  I loathe the treadmill.  

Keep up the good work!

Week 0:  Goal - lose 18 pounds

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds, -5.4 pounds total

Week 2:  -0.4 pounds, -5.8 pounds total

Week 3:  -2.2 pounds, -8 pounds total

Week 4:  -1.2 pounds, -9.2 pounds total

Well, this was a weird week.

On Thursday, I shut down my walking temporarily.  I have been experiencing some significant pain in my right knee, to the extent it interfered with sleep, and I wondered if all the miles on hard surfaces were to blame.  I also shut down yoga just for one day to give a full rest.  Went back to yoga on Friday but then...

BAM!  Got hit with COVID.  Well isn't this fun.  So since my Friday yoga I've had no activity.  Zero.  On the other hand, the COVID caused me not to eat anything but a small amount of rice over the course of two days.

In summary, a lot less activity last week, but a couple of low-calorie days to supplement some high-cal ones earlier in the week (Wednesday was a disaster for food/drink and is probably also when I caught the virus), led to a moderate loss.  I'll take any progress during this odd week.  And hey, I'm halfway to my goal!
Week 0:  Goal - lose 18 pounds

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds, -5.4 pounds total

Week 2:  -0.4 pounds, -5.8 pounds total

Week 3:  -2.2 pounds, -8 pounds total

Week 4:  -1.2 pounds, -9.2 pounds total

Week 5:  -0.6 pounds, -9.8 pounds total

This is what four good days of eating/drinking, two bad days, and one truly awful day look like.  Plus a near-complete cessation of physical activity due to COVID.  This week will be better.

Also, I did the dumbest Adriene yoga practice ever today.  

Please don't do this, it engages his schtick response and he'll come back with some new plan where he only drinks the first glass of a new bottle of wine so he can't have two glasses unless they have company or Mrs. O gets #### housed.
No offense intended but I’ve been in here since Day 1 - Otis has always been about the schtick.  Eating nothing but an apple and can of tuna would be better than what he’s doing and would be entertaining.

No offense intended but I’ve been in here since Day 1 - Otis has always been about the schtick.  Eating nothing but an apple and can of tuna would be better than what he’s doing and would be entertaining.
None taken I've been here too and agree that he's always been about the schtick.  I was mostly kidding too and am a bit unnerved by him using the thinky emoji on my last post.  But credit where it's due, he really is at his lowest weight in years and maybe just maybe this is the one that sticks. 

Been busy this morning.

Did Yoga with Tim Transform Day 28 first thing this morning.  It was a strength day.  My arms and legs are a bit like Jell-O.  

Under calories yesterday and no booze.  
Now that you're almost done what were your results like?  Is it worth doing this series over a bunch of Adriene's or just a good alternative but they're both good?

Please don't do this, it engages his schtick response and he'll come back with some new plan where he only drinks the first glass of a new bottle of wine so he can't have two glasses unless they have company or Mrs. O gets #### housed.
chablis diet  i presented this  to@Otis i think it was the "no more than one bottle of wine" that held him back.

Now that you're almost done what were your results like?  Is it worth doing this series over a bunch of Adriene's or just a good alternative but they're both good?
I like his method of moving beyond just yoga to hit muscles and movements with strength and stretches that may be neglected in just a yoga practice. He spends a lot of time on making sure you're activating the right muscles to get the most benefit from different moves/poses.  

His yoga is also fairly advanced compared to most of Adriene's.  I would say he's even harder than intermediate Kassandra, but he does have easier options for most moves. The yoga sessions all have some fairly tough moves, lots of one leg balancing as well as a heavy amount of plank work.  Also lots of core work, some I still can't complete fully.  The yoga is much more vinyasa based and has options for lots of vinyasas that I usually opt to complete to help keep/add upper body strength.  His warmup and cool downs are also much shorter.  With Adriene I always felt like half the practice was warmup and cool down.  Tim usually has a brief warmup then it's right to work for a good amount of time before maybe two stretches at the end prior to corpse pose.  

It's been a good experience for me.  My yoga practice has definitely gotten better and I feel more flexible and like I've added some lean muscle.  In this month I've also been able to add crow pose and can now do the wheel decently as well.  As much as I made fun of Tim for not doing some of the workouts, he was able to use the ladies to allow him to demonstrate and point out exactly what muscles and moves were needed in some places.  

I haven’t drank in a few days and that’s been easy but as the weekend approaches, I have an increasing urge in the evening to have juuuust one.  Today felt like a perfect day for it.  Not even Thursday yet.  Eesh. 

Yesterday was my first day out of COVID isolation.  To say I overdid it might be understating my evening.  :hangover:   

I did force myself into two short but difficult Adrienes today.  Should have paid more attention when I chose them as they were both upper-body and core stuff.  Lots of side planks - yippee.  Now I'm dying.

@Poke_4_Life, I know you've been posting write-up of each Tim session, but if you have a minute would you mind recommending a few in particular for someone who is more of an intermediate yogi such as I am?  I wouldn't be able to do the advanced stuff.  Thanks!

I haven’t drank in a few days and that’s been easy but as the weekend approaches, I have an increasing urge in the evening to have juuuust one.  Today felt like a perfect day for it.  Not even Thursday yet.  Eesh. 
It's always hardest the first few days. But all schtick aside, i know sometimes your weight fluctuates above 240 but you've been maintaining around 225 to 230 for years.  Just think how awesome it would be to just be done with this and yeah sometimes your weight fluctuates above 200 but you've been maintaining around 190 to 195 for years.  Wouldn't that feel awesome?  It doesn't happen in three days of giving up booze but it can totally happen if you want it and you have been doing so many of the right things.

Think about how many mornings you woke up early to row. How many days you skipped meals or only ate potatoes or went full bale or tried keto or counting calories or noom. And think about how you rewarded yourself for all of those days of hard work.  With so many nights of just a few drinks and some snacks.  Would you really miss a few of those nights as much as you'd enjoy being done with all the weight loss and just working on maintaining?  If you could look and feel better every single day?  I have no idea what it feels like to be in great shape but I can tell you that being in better shape feels amazing.  I still #### up all the time but man I want this so badly. 

Hey kids.  Been awhile.

Pandemic restrictions combined with a lot of work stress has taken its toll.

Stress eating combined with being mentally fried when logging off the computer at the end of the work day and not wanting to do anything saw my weight creep way up.

Decided it was time to begin to address the issue.  Consciously tried to start to eat a little less and started riding the exercise bike.

May 1 I was 318.6.  This morning I was 314.2.

Started on the bike for 15 minutes a night.  I’m up to 45 minutes.  Working my way towards 60 minutes.

Other than that, I’m doing alright.  Cancer is in remission.  I have 5 immunotherapy treatments remaining.  Just dealing with borderline kidney function concerns.  That’s mostly a function of the daily oral chemotherapy medicine I’m on.  I stop the daily oral chemo when I finish my immunotherapy treatments.

Hope everyone here is doing better than me.  Lol. But I’m trying.

Cheesey

P.S.  Work still sucks but forcing myself the ride the exercise bike is helping reduce the stress, slightly.

Don’t do it.  At least get through one weekend. If you do, the next one will be easier. 
No it won't. Now, if he gets through both this weekend AND Memorial Day weekend...then he might be onto something. Still a very long way to go though. Especially heading into summer.

No it won't. Now, if he gets through both this weekend AND Memorial Day weekend...then he might be onto something. Still a very long way to go though. Especially heading into summer.
Is that the following weekend?  All the more reason to, at least, make it through this weekend.  Knowing that the next weekend, will be a #### show. 

Hey kids.  Been awhile.

Stress eating combined with being mentally fried when logging off the computer at the end of the work day and not wanting to do anything saw my weight creep way up.

Decided it was time to begin to address the issue.  Consciously tried to start to eat a little less and started riding the exercise bike.

Started on the bike for 15 minutes a night.  I’m up to 45 minutes.  Working my way towards 60 minutes.

Other than that, I’m doing alright.  Cancer is in remission.  I have 5 immunotherapy treatments remaining.  Just dealing with borderline kidney function concerns.  That’s mostly a function of the daily oral chemotherapy medicine I’m on.  I stop the daily oral chemo when I finish my immunotherapy treatments.

Cheesey

P.S.  Work still sucks but forcing myself the ride the exercise bike is helping reduce the stress, slightly.
Dude you are dealing with so much I am so proud of you for all you have been doing.  Really stop and think about it you are amazing.

It's always hardest the first few days. But all schtick aside, i know sometimes your weight fluctuates above 240 but you've been maintaining around 225 to 230 for years.  Just think how awesome it would be to just be done with this and yeah sometimes your weight fluctuates above 200 but you've been maintaining around 190 to 195 for years.  Wouldn't that feel awesome?  It doesn't happen in three days of giving up booze but it can totally happen if you want it and you have been doing so many of the right things.

Think about how many mornings you woke up early to row. How many days you skipped meals or only ate potatoes or went full bale or tried keto or counting calories or noom. And think about how you rewarded yourself for all of those days of hard work.  With so many nights of just a few drinks and some snacks.  Would you really miss a few of those nights as much as you'd enjoy being done with all the weight loss and just working on maintaining?  If you could look and feel better every single day?  I have no idea what it feels like to be in great shape but I can tell you that being in better shape feels amazing.  I still #### up all the time but man I want this so badly. 
Yeah good points. I think so far I just haven’t wanted it bad enough.  I will say though that 190–195 is a pipe dream for me these days, probably not where I should be. 205 or so would probably be perfect. I’m only 20lbs away. But damn if those 20lbs aren’t the toughest….

Hey kids.  Been awhile.

Cheesey

Congrats on your progress man. Even that 60 minutes on the bike will be a huge help. And don’t be so hard on yourself—cancer is I would say a fairly good excuse….  Jeez. Congrats on all and keep it up. 

Is that the following weekend?  All the more reason to, at least, make it through this weekend.  Knowing that the next weekend, will be a #### show. 
This could actually be a great opportunity. Otis doesn't always get his act together between December and March, but if he is going to have any successful periods it's generally during that period. It makes sense too. If his travel is limited then he's not doing much in winter and can focus on good decision making. In-structure Otis isn't the problem. But the not doing much part starts to break in March then the flood gates open come summer and out-of-structure Otis wins again. So if he's going to have some sustained success then this is when to do it, when the devil side is more likely to consistently win. If he wants it bad enough then he'll pass on the typical summer drinks and the bad decisions that follow, beating that devil - and get his health in order. 

This could actually be a great opportunity. Otis doesn't always get his act together between December and March, but if he is going to have any successful periods it's generally during that period. It makes sense too. If his travel is limited then he's not doing much in winter and can focus on good decision making. In-structure Otis isn't the problem. But the not doing much part starts to break in March then the flood gates open come summer and out-of-structure Otis wins again. So if he's going to have some sustained success then this is when to do it, when the devil side is more likely to consistently win. If he wants it bad enough then he'll pass on the typical summer drinks and the bad decisions that follow, beating that devil - and get his health in order. 
Oh god I love summer drinks 💕 

Well I just finished Yoga with Tim Transform Day 30.

Something was off with me today.  The whole session seemed hard even poses I know I have done easily before.  I haven't been sleeping all that well and work stress has been kicked up this week.  Just going to chalk it up to all of that.  The session actually was nothing special.  Lots of vinyasa flows, warriors, crow, wheel, boats, etc.  It was 40-min long but seemed short somehow.  

I'm going to do random yoga sessions the rest of the month before starting something new in June.  Still not sure what to do.  

@krista4 You can probably do any of the Tim sessions.  He has modifications for all the moves.  I believe this session is the one I did when I first tried his videos.  Plus he has his shirt off and his dog, so you should enjoy.  He also has a detox series going on this month, but I haven't tried it.  

I haven't been posting much lately but following this thread closely.  Amazing to see all the progress that everyone has made in here!    I've kept myself active by doing daily long walks during the day, push-ups and body combat (every few days).  I'm also a baseball coach for my son (almost 7 years old)  and daughter (5 years old) which keeps me on my toes (not to mention how much fun it is to coach kids where the parents are sane!).  I have 2 and a half weeks to go before my annual physical/bloodwork.  I've already successfully lowered my blood pressure and now hoping to see similar results with cholesterol and glucose.  

I haven't been posting much lately but following this thread closely.  Amazing to see all the progress that everyone has made in here!    I've kept myself active by doing daily long walks during the day, push-ups and body combat (every few days).  I'm also a baseball coach for my son (almost 7 years old)  and daughter (5 years old) which keeps me on my toes (not to mention how much fun it is to coach kids where the parents are sane!).  I have 2 and a half weeks to go before my annual physical/bloodwork.  I've already successfully lowered my blood pressure and now hoping to see similar results with cholesterol and glucose.  
Nice!  Eager to hear how your bloodwork goes.

Users who are viewing this thread