What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (1 Viewer)

The dude who gave himself the haircut is going the 100 days unless he breaks a leg or something. Probably getting close to having enough fish to last. Has a good shelter. Is used to being deployed.

Stone house guy and ear bug guy also seem like they are doing well.

Crazy that it took seven seasons for us to see someone viciously attacked by a wild animal, and have to deal with the seeing the carnage and watching his suffering out there alone on his own for hours, no medical team close by enough to help, and having to manage to do first aid on his own while under continuous, unrelenting assault right there in front of the unblinking camera, no way to cut away. Granted, I thought when it did finally happen on this show, it'd be a bear or wolverine, and not a fly.
:lmao: here I thought you were talking about the squirrel

Crazy that it took seven seasons for us to see someone viciously attacked by a wild animal, and have to deal with the seeing the carnage and watching his suffering out there alone on his own for hours, no medical team close by enough to help, and having to manage to do first aid on his own while under continuous, unrelenting assault right there in front of the unblinking camera, no way to cut away. Granted, I thought when it did finally happen on this show, it'd be a bear or wolverine, and not a fly.
I was thinking I had missed an episode until the end :lol:  

Any way to stream episodes of the newest season?  We have YouTubeTV, but they don't carry the History Channel.  The History Channel site has older seasons for free, but not the newest one.

Are all these seasons as good as season 6? I just stumbled upon this last week and just finished season 6. Loved it
I think that was the best one so far.

Others are def worth watching though. Some of them turn into more “suffer fests” than that season where the winner showed some serious skills.

Are all these seasons as good as season 6? I just stumbled upon this last week and just finished season 6. Loved it
I think that was the best one so far.

Others are def worth watching though. Some of them turn into more “suffer fests” than that season where the winner showed some serious skills.
I started with 6 too, and then binged 1 and 2. Those two are similar to each other in that it's the same location...but still amazing how varied the contestants approaches and skills are. 2 adds an episode showing the final casting and training process, which in retrospect was really interesting.

He must make it to the end or crash and burn. He's the only one that I can recall that has been  on every episode. 
I think he’s the only one who has lived up there. That experience really helped the dude who won last year (he also got a noose though).

He’s also been unlucky with food and just started catching a fish or two. If he gets set up on that front he definitely has the right mentality. 

The General said:
I think he’s the only one who has lived up there. That experience really helped the dude who won last year (he also got a noose though).

He’s also been unlucky with food and just started catching a fish or two. If he gets set up on that front he definitely has the right mentality. 
:scared:

This shelter situation for the skinny California guy is pretty ridiculous :lol:

Callie coming on strong. Definitely has the right attitude. Not sure why she isn’t fishing. Maybe they aren’t showing it.

We’ll see how long they drag out the ox hunt from Stonehouse guy.

I just finished season 6 and read up on Jordan after. Laughed out loud when they said he took that giant fish he caught on the last day back to feed the production crew. They were apparently running out of food and he fed them :lmao:  

Any way to stream episodes of the newest season?  We have YouTubeTV, but they don't carry the History Channel.  The History Channel site has older seasons for free, but not the newest one.
We have YTTV too. Just went ahead and bought the season pass on Apple TV. 25 bucks. Worth it  considering I haven’t even gone to see a movie in 6 months. 

I just finished season 6 and read up on Jordan after. Laughed out loud when they said he took that giant fish he caught on the last day back to feed the production crew. They were apparently running out of food and he fed them :lmao:  
He was on Joe Rogan podcast awhile back. He could have lived up there all winter. He didn’t come out and say it but the show really had to get creative with the editing to make it look like he was being challenged.

Really interesting dude and super humble.

I'm a little confused about how the "chimney" works... looks like all she did was take an existing hole in the roof and spread some mud around the edges... is that all it takes to keep the shelter from filling up with smoke?
She also had that fire going just on some dirt right next to the plastic tarp that is roof. Seems like it could melt a hole in it pretty easily. Kind of a weird plan there. 

This shelter situation for the skinny California guy is pretty ridiculous :lol:
I just watched the episode and was literally laughing out loud at him.  "Well, it's Day 24 but I'm really skinny so shouldn't use the energy on a shelter."

I did point out at the beginning that he started too skinny.  What was he thinking?  I mean, I get that he's hot and all, but he could have foregone that for just a little while to add some pudge.

I just watched the episode and was literally laughing out loud at him.  "Well, it's Day 24 but I'm really skinny so shouldn't use the energy on a shelter."

I did point out at the beginning that he started too skinny.  What was he thinking?  I mean, I get that he's hot and all, but he could have foregone that for just a little while to add some pudge.
Yeah there’s no way once it gets cold that he’s lasting. He has a tarp and a few branches laying on it for his set-up :lol:

The South African dude is building chairs and guitars at this point.

Yeah there’s no way once it gets cold that he’s lasting. He has a tarp and a few branches laying on it for his set-up :lol:

South African guy reminds me of the woman from Lopez Island a few years ago who had built a freaking spa.  And then she quit not because she had to, but because she felt she'd accomplished what she'd wanted or some such.  Huge disappointment.

South African guy reminds me of the woman from Lopez Island a few years ago who had built a freaking spa.  And then she quit not because she had to, but because she felt she'd accomplished what she'd wanted or some such.  Huge disappointment.
Yup. She had the best set-up that show has ever seen IIRC. Had a sauna, rock floor, all kinds of gadgets. 

The SA guy did sort of hint in this last episode about home sickness and the mental side. Wonder is that’s a little foreshadowing:

He was on Joe Rogan podcast awhile back. He could have lived up there all winter. He didn’t come out and say it but the show really had to get creative with the editing to make it look like he was being challenged.

Really interesting dude and super humble.
Yea the article I read said he still had 200 pounds of moose, 60 pounds of fish and that fn badger.  :lmao:   They should paid him another 500k for every 50 days he lasted and just shown us that. I’m a big fan of that guy. 

Yea the article I read said he still had 200 pounds of moose, 60 pounds of fish and that fn badger.  :lmao:   They should paid him another 500k for every 50 days he lasted and just shown us that. I’m a big fan of that guy. 
Agreed. Check out the podcast when you get a chance. Was a couple hours of him talking about his living in northern Russia a bunch about the show as well.

I was thinking the same about the blonde's shelter until this week, but she completely turned it around- the stone fireplace was impressive work The Cali guy had a nice start to a log cabin...aside from yoga, posing and playing with his hair, wonder what he's been doing with his time other than building the rest of it.

We didn't see the guy who'd been catching all the fish on this episode. Has to be a favorite at this point.

Yup. She had the best set-up that show has ever seen IIRC. Had a sauna, rock floor, all kinds of gadgets. 

The SA guy did sort of hint in this last episode about home sickness and the mental side. Wonder is that’s a little foreshadowing:
I wondering if they all last a little longer this season.  Knowing there's an endpoint of 100 days even though it's longer than anyone has lasted before has to do wonders for the mind.  Personally I think the the not knowing what your end goal is would  be tough to deal with and make it easier to quit.

Yea the article I read said he still had 200 pounds of moose, 60 pounds of fish and that fn badger:lmao:   They should paid him another 500k for every 50 days he lasted and just shown us that. I’m a big fan of that guy. 
Wolverine right? Not that I know what the difference is

My wife thinks they should shoot off tributes fireworks every time somebody goes down like in the hunger games. 
Lol. I keep thinking the same thing.

ETA...but I wonder if some of them can see or hear the motor boat coming and going.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was waiting hours, why not whittle a spear?
I was thinking the same thing.  Nice long pole sharpened at the end.  Or attach the knife to the end of the spear.  Don't think I would have wanted to get close enough to use a knife against that thing.  He had a lot of time.

Love the guy sleeping in a ####ing tarp for 35 days getting upset that rain is coming in. Idiot. 
I'm sure the producers are setting him up to be the class-dope for the year. 

love that his answer to "what exactly HAVE you been doing" got partially answered with "crafts".

I'm not a hunter, so it's been an adjustment seeing these people trap and process their game- but I thought I'd gotten immune to it.

but I gotta say... seeing that musk-ox suffer over hours- set me back.

Users who are viewing this thread