What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (2 Viewers)

That's the thing, he didn't.  They interviewed him a few days later at base camp. No idea when he went home
we were wondering this very thing.  where do the contestants who tap out go? not home. so if he missed his wife & kid he still has to wait an undetermined number of days before actually going home. 

surely he can't just call his family from wherever they stash the competitors who tap out, can he?

we were wondering this very thing.  where do the contestants who tap out go? not home. so if he missed his wife & kid he still has to wait an undetermined number of days before actually going home. 

surely he can't just call his family from wherever they stash the competitors who tap out, can he?
I don't know how long they're kept back at base camp but the interviewer at the end of the episode said "We're talking with Jordon X days after he tapped out." I forget if it was 3 or 5 days. I was wondering if folks were routinely held for medical reasons or if he was stuck there for longer.

it would just suck if you tapped early to see your family and you're ready to fly home and they say hold on now.

I don't know how long they're kept back at base camp but the interviewer at the end of the episode said "We're talking with Jordon X days after he tapped out." I forget if it was 3 or 5 days. I was wondering if folks were routinely held for medical reasons or if he was stuck there for longer.

it would just suck if you tapped early to see your family and you're ready to fly home and they say hold on now.
Charter flights are for closers.

was thinking about this last night while watching Thursday's episode

one of my cousins moved to England nearly 40 years ago. she still has a Wisconsin accent. sure she uses some English lingo, but in a perfect Wisconsin accent. 

hell, my brother has lived in Europe for 10 years now and not adopted an accent at all.

this lady vacillating between whatever she thinks is a British accent and what i guess is a Wyoming accent (???) is really bothersome.
My BFF has lived in England for 20+ years after growing up in Michigan and living in NY and Chicago.  She sometimes sounds just a little more...formal?  I don't know how to explain it.  But after more than 20 years she has no English accent.  That woman's "accent" is complete bunk.

Ummmm, the point is he's still getting to his family, even after a 3-5 day health period or whatever, well before he would if he stayed out there 200 days.

I’m not sure what the typical practice is, but last season one of the contestant’s sister came out on the helicopter to meet them when they tapped out. 

She's such a weird one.  Just seems to spend the day wandering/moping around.

Speaking of the women, it would be hard to conceive of a person who would irritate me more than fake-accent lady.  Impressive shelter, though.
was thinking about this last night while watching Thursday's episode

one of my cousins moved to England nearly 40 years ago. she still has a Wisconsin accent. sure she uses some English lingo, but in a perfect Wisconsin accent. 

hell, my brother has lived in Europe for 10 years now and not adopted an accent at all.

this lady vacillating between whatever she thinks is a British accent and what i guess is a Wyoming accent (???) is really bothersome.
Makes me think of Madonna.  She was married to Guy Richie for like 5mins and her accent was so thick you couldn’t understand her. Lol. 

My BFF has lived in England for 20+ years after growing up in Michigan and living in NY and Chicago.  She sometimes sounds just a little more...formal?  I don't know how to explain it.  But after more than 20 years she has no English accent.  That woman's "accent" is complete bunk.
Within 60 seconds of my mom  talking to a Brit she starts sounding like Mary Poppins.

But yeah...not something shes likely to do out on a solo hike....as far as I know. But now after raising the point, I'm not so sure.

She's such a weird one.  Just seems to spend the day wandering/moping around.

Speaking of the women, it would be hard to conceive of a person who would irritate me more than fake-accent lady.  Impressive shelter, though.
What happens to a pit shelter when the weather turns wet though?  Seems to me like you'd have yourself an indoor pool pretty quickly.  She seems to know what she is doing so it will probably be fine but I keep thinking of the shelter Rupert built on Survivor.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens to a pit shelter when the weather turns wet though?  Seems to me like you'd have yourself an indoor pool pretty quickly.  She seems to know what she is doing so it will probably be fine but I keep thinking of the shelter Rupert built on Survivor.  
Fall into winter this is not likely going to be a problem, it's the spring where water would start to be a problem usually.

Rupert was my first thought accept he built his on the beach about 50’ from the ocean. 

Fake accent girl seems to know what she’s doing with the shelter but she better start getting some food ASAP or we will never get to see if this shelter will do well in the winter. 

At this point my top three are (no particular order) boat guy, pier guy and the guy that came face to face with mountain lion and chased after him. I’m thinking he gets a deer. 

+5 pls. for “out of the way, Peck”.

Doesn’t make up for the swim last week, but it’s a start.

Probabiy gets eaten by bears after this commercial break though.

Dropping like flies....  my money on Bilko since he has the most body fat and no one is catching anything...

Dropping like flies....  my money on Bilko since he has the most body fat and no one is catching anything...
This is my nightmare scenario. I do not care for him or his style and would hate to see him win simply because he has more weight to lose. Now, if he can get some food and earn it, I could handle him winning it.

Unless they just show it in the credits as a tease, I think someone gets a deer which should sustain an individual if they harvest it correctly. At the end of last nights episode someone was aiming at some game, right? I was falling asleep about that time. 

This is my nightmare scenario. I do not care for him or his style and would hate to see him win simply because he has more weight to lose. Now, if he can get some food and earn it, I could handle him winning it.

Unless they just show it in the credits as a tease, I think someone gets a deer which should sustain an individual if they harvest it correctly. At the end of last nights episode someone was aiming at some game, right? I was falling asleep about that time. 
I agree but just throwing this out of frustration...

Interesting week..

But, Was it really necessary for the producers to put a note on the screen about what a landing net is used for??? :lol:  

I thought accent lady said she moved to England as a kid then moved back as an adult? Kids often pick up the accent where they grow up after a formative years move.

Also...if somebody needs to have a leitmotif going about how judgement doesnt bother them...they usually are bothered by judgement. White dreads bare foot guy never looked ready to make it here, especially once the cold set in (st croix, s'up). Skinny lady was never going to gain weight on this...not sure anybody expected her to make it too far.

And dreads guy's shelter :lol: looked like it fit somebody, but only if they were standing up.

When the guy was doing his whole “who are you to judge, you’re home eating” shtick I was nodding my head while biting into a giant chocolate chip cookie.

I love eating desserts while watching these people starve. 
Nothing better than having a big meal and sitting down to watch Alone, Survivor, Naked and Afraid, etc. Food just tastes better. 

Because of the show intro we know someone gets a deer.  And there was a cliffhanger last episode of a guy shooting at a deer.  Gee, I wonder what happens?

My money is on him now, even tho he's pretty lean.  

Ok... I'm all in hating the faux accent. Was done in a funny way in the movie, Mr Jealousy (Baumbachs 2nd)...but this isnt funny. And shes inconsistent within a single sentence. I do wonder if shes doing it on purpose to get interest...the way the american former tour de france rider, commentator would intentionally say Tour Day France on air just to irritate francophiles.

Mission accomplished fake accent woman.

Oh...and so surprised (not by the editing, which was obvious) by the person who went home- pegged them to last long or win.

And the other woman's shelter with the new triangular door that kept "a lot of the wind out"...yeah- thats still letting a bit of that wind in, which means its letting all of that heat out come freezing temps. Even if she's catching Moby **** out there and ordering in grubhub, shes not lasting in that shelter 

Having to wait 45 days before they're allowed to use gill nets is hilariously cruel :lmao:
I missed that tidbit about the Gill net. Is that an Alone rule or some type of fishing restriction in that area?

We got caught up last night. I know it’s how they edit the show but when “Pier Guy” said “if the fish are back, I’m going to be here a long time.” My wife and I looked at each other and said, “he’s gone.” 10 minutes later in the show he was tapping. 

If “deer hunter” can preserve his food, add a fish or two each week, it’s over. He’s no Roland but he seems pretty skilled.

“Boat Guy” is interesting but I don’t think he will catch enough fish throughout the show to sustain himself. He’s my number 2. 

“Fat singer guy” could have an outside chance because he’s already so big. If he can start catching some fish I may change my mind.

Has “Fake accent girl” caught anything to eat? She only works on the shelter but I haven’t seen her eat anything. 0.5% chance of winning.

“Awful Shelter Girl” is gone next in my opinion. 0.1% chance of we winning. 

It seems like contestants are dropping faster than other seasons, at least the way I am remembering it. I think we were like 25 days in in this last episode which was the sixth episode. All but season 2 (13 episodes) have had 10 or 11 episodes. Are we at the half way point? 50ish total days??? Has this place been that much harder than other locations? Maybe I am not remembering correctly?? 

I missed that tidbit about the Gill net. Is that an Alone rule or some type of fishing restriction in that area?

We got caught up last night. I know it’s how they edit the show but when “Pier Guy” said “if the fish are back, I’m going to be here a long time.” My wife and I looked at each other and said, “he’s gone.” 10 minutes later in the show he was tapping. 

If “deer hunter” can preserve his food, add a fish or two each week, it’s over. He’s no Roland but he seems pretty skilled.

“Boat Guy” is interesting but I don’t think he will catch enough fish throughout the show to sustain himself. He’s my number 2. 

“Fat singer guy” could have an outside chance because he’s already so big. If he can start catching some fish I may change my mind.

Has “Fake accent girl” caught anything to eat? She only works on the shelter but I haven’t seen her eat anything. 0.5% chance of winning.

It seems like contestants are dropping faster than other seasons, at least the way I am remembering it. I think we were like 25 days in in this last episode which was the sixth episode. All but season 2 (13 episodes) have had 10 or 11 episodes. Are we at the half way point? 50ish total days??? Has this place been that much harder than other locations? Maybe I am not remembering correctly?? 
- They said it was a local regulation that prevented using the gill net until a certain time.  They didn't get too specific on what the regulation was.

- I agree with how quickly they seem to be dropping.  This group looked strong to start but is looking weaker and weaker each week. 

Is there a rule that you can only lose X percentage of your total weight before they pull you?  

- They said it was a local regulation that prevented using the gill net until a certain time.  They didn't get too specific on what the regulation was.

- I agree with how quickly they seem to be dropping.  This group looked strong to start but is looking weaker and weaker each week. 
I get the sense theyre pulling less food in this season. 

I'd imagine the stress of being around the bears is pretty taxing too.

Is there a rule that you can only lose X percentage of your total weight before they pull you?  
I do not know. I was assuming it is based on what is healthy for each person. Fat singer guy has already lost 50lbs but could easily lose another 50 and still be ok, whereas Fake accent girl probably can’t lose a total of 30lbs of her start weight. 

Pier guy...when they showed him saying he missed his family the second time in the episode, I knew he was gone.

Is awful shelter woman aka kill all land animals woman (kala)... I forgot if shes tapped already.

Pier guy...when they showed him saying he missed his family the second time in the episode, I knew he was gone.

Is awful shelter woman aka kill all land animals woman (kala)... I forgot if shes tapped already.
I don’t know. When there were five left last episode, we couldn’t remember the fifth person. They later showed her and I remembered her great structure.

Anybody else annoyed with the cliched post commercial replay of what happened pre commercial? Seems worse this season. And tbh, there isnt that much action here and lots of commercials...such a callous greedplay with that editing.

Oof, until you listed the final five out, I didn't realize how weak they were.  And I agree they seem to be dropping out really quickly this season.  (I would last 0.3 hours in grizzly country, so I don't blame them, but yeesh.)

I get the sense theyre pulling less food in this season. 

I'd imagine the stress of being around the bears is pretty taxing too.
the season prior they were getting a ton of rabbits and fish...this season they are eating berries and what seems to be significantly less fish.  

If the show is accurately depicting the food hauls, the deer guy has this season in the bag.

Anybody else annoyed with the cliched post commercial replay of what happened pre commercial? Seems worse this season. And tbh, there isnt that much action here and lots of commercials...such a callous greedplay with that editing.
I get more annoyed at the coming up next clip before commercial and always skip.  I don't want to see what's coming next in this episode, just show it to me.  Everything's already limited, stop with this nonsense and show more stuff.

I found myself at times admiring Matt's perspective on life. Sadly, I more often found myself convinced he has mental issues. 

Users who are viewing this thread