What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (1 Viewer)

They keep showing Fowler and his traps. I think he ends up catching a boar ... or a fox. 

Why did he never use his duck contraption again? Did they migrate away?

The hippie chicks set up is pretty amazing. The inside of her hut looks like a set from a glamor camping ad or something. Thought she would be annoying but is turning out to be quite the bad ###.

The builder guy setting up his camp 8 story hike from the waters edge is really odd. Think he's doomed.

Great show.

The hippie chicks set up is pretty amazing. The inside of her hut looks like a set from a glamor camping ad or something. Thought she would be annoying but is turning out to be quite the bad ###.

The builder guy setting up his camp 8 story hike from the waters edge is really odd. Think he's doomed.

Great show.
the sauna is ####### awesome  :thumbup:

Lots of good shelters this season. Much better than the last couple. 

Past years there were only 3 or so left after 35 days. Now they're halfway through the season at 35 days and 7 left. Some gamers in here. 
i think the climate of the area has a lot to do with that.... i think the lack of predators also helps... i also think they're getting better at casting though.

Short of a miracle can't imagine Callie makes past next week... and Dan has to get his body temp under control quick or also taps... Could be down to 4 by the end of next week's episode at this rate. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth going back to watch prior seasons? Surprised they haven't been more actively hunting bigger game prior to the cold coming but looks like is changing.  I am no hunter but thought Drywall Guy would stake out the fox instead of letting it pown him for weeks.

Almost as good as Forged in ?.

Worth going back to watch prior seasons? Surprised they haven't been more actively hunting bigger game prior to the cold coming but looks like is changing.  I am no hunter but thought Drywall Guy would stake out the fox instead of letting it pown him for weeks.

I binge watched season 2 awhile back and enjoyed it.  Seasons 1 and 2 were done in Vancouver.  Lots of bears.

I have only seen season 2 and now this year. Obviously, it has no bearing on this season but I would recommend it if you enjoy this type of program. I also think it would be better to watch in the "binge mode".

Short of a miracle can't imagine Callie makes past next week... and Dan has to get his body temp under control quick or also taps... Could be down to 4 by the end of next week's episode at this rate. :popcorn:
great season so far. Was hoping the two girls would go farther, but it's not looking too likely.

I have the sentimental feeling for Greg the drywaller from Canada. I kind of get the feeling that he feels like he never did much for his daughter and wants to do something really nice for her. He seems like he is really struggling at the moment, so he needs some things to go his way.

If the overactive guy (Fowler?) can balance out his over the top building and find some success with trapping and fishing, I think he will win it. 

Spider bite girl is in trouble IMO. 

The Alaskan girl is my dark horse. If she starts catching fish, she will be a force.

I was really starting to like hippie chick more and more.I really think if it was not for the recluse bite she could have stayed out there forever.We have brown recluse spiders in Florida and their bite is serious business can send you to the hospital for an extended stay.Don't know if a Chilean recluse is more venomous than a brown but if it is then I don't hold out much hope for her.

Every week they tease us with a possible Boar kill and every week we are left :kicksrock:

Was good to see Callie recovering and then she takes out the disease infested mouse to finish off a strong week for herself. short of an injury and/or disease she has a very good shot at winning this.. :popcorn:  

Going to be disappointed when this is over.  Good season so far.  Too bad about Greg, hypothermia is a #####.  Once you get cold like that it's very hard to get warm, especially in the wilderness.  He made a huge mistake falling in the water and then trying to move in the rain.  Any of the winners are deserving and likable.  Really happy for Callie that she didn't need to tap.  She's impressive.

The broads are really representing this season, but what's up with Megan's shelter? They've been there 2 months and her place still looks like she draped a tarp over a tree limb.

So much better than the first two seasons.  Sorry to see Greg go as well. 

Seeing Megan was a total surprise for me as well.  She hasn't been featured much at all lately.

The shelters that Dave, Zach and Callie have built are fantastic.  They could go a long way if their food stocks stay up.

So much better than the first two seasons.  Sorry to see Greg go as well. 

Seeing Megan was a total surprise for me as well.  She hasn't been featured much at all lately.

The shelters that Dave, Zach and Callie have built are fantastic.  They could go a long way if their food stocks stay up.
See the preview for next week?  Holy cow that guy looks thin.  I don't think he can keep that up.

Cheering for Callie - she's awesome. :wub:

Love this show but did they really need to open this episode with "72 days" and show the boat, then say 12 days ago, 10 days ago etc?  After every commercial break they showed the boat at 72 days over and over.  Maybe we could have seen some more footage from 12 days of them doing stuff.  It just bugged me.

Love this show but did they really need to open this episode with "72 days" and show the boat, then say 12 days ago, 10 days ago etc?  After every commercial break they showed the boat at 72 days over and over.  Maybe we could have seen some more footage from 12 days of them doing stuff.  It just bugged me.
My guess... With the lack of food most are doing nothing worth showing us.. They even showed a "montage" while Callie sang showing the rest just sitting in their Huts trying to stay warm..

They "crashed course" 12 days into 1 hour show, basically told me the contestants are in "Hunker down and survive" mode, meaning less video for the editors to show us. :shrug:

My guess... With the lack of food most are doing nothing worth showing us.. They even showed a "montage" while Callie sang showing the rest just sitting in their Huts trying to stay warm..

They "crashed course" 12 days into 1 hour show, basically told me the contestants are in "Hunker down and survive" mode, meaning less video for the editors to show us. :shrug:
Maybe, but they could have showed more of Callie gathering that meal, green and mushrooms, some more fish prep etc.  Some others fishing or checking traps.  They have hours and hours of footage to use, when these shows show the same clips over and over it just seems more scripted than it should be.  I don't need a 2 minute clip every week showing different things that have happened or will happen.  This is different than some clips to show what happened last week. (This I can understand)  It just bugs me when they come back from break and then show the same 30 seconds they just showed before break.  I don't need to see it again, just show us more.   :shrug: Rant over.

ETA: even show us more of Fowler carving the walking stick which told a story of his journey, it was really cool.

Now it's Fowler's game to lose, right? Has to be the front runner now. 
I read another forum where Fowler post occasionally. He can't share any specifics about who won or what not but he does share some nice little nuggets from time to time.

I don't know who the favorite is now, I would think Fowler but on last nights episode he was really talking about how much he missed his family and making things wasn't helping with keeping his mind occupied anymore.

Crazy no one has bagged a fox or boar (easy for me to say).

Daves fish rationing has him at 200 calories every 2 days, now that's #### for the wacky weightless thread. 

Callie didn't seem to have been hungry or skinny - she's the best herbalist since Bob Marley. 

It had to be a moment of weakness and panic. After her feast I told my wife she is the odds on favorite to win. 
I don't think so.  You can't really get in the heads of these people, especially a odd bird like her.  But it does seem silly to make that call when she seems to be thriving pretty well and it could be a week or less until the end. I definitely don't think she would say it was a moment of weakness... quite the opposite really.

I don't think so.  You can't really get in the heads of these people, especially a odd bird like her.  But it does seem silly to make that call when she seems to be thriving pretty well and it could be a week or less until the end. I definitely don't think she would say it was a moment of weakness... quite the opposite really.
Of course she will probably SAY different, "I went out on my terms" helps anyone feel better about their choices. I imagine when she reviews it and sees how well she was doing compared to everyone else there will be big time regret, even if it's only internal.

Users who are viewing this thread