What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (2 Viewers)

I know.  Crazy.  The one guy twisting his ankle or knee sucks.  Would be hard to keep going with that kind of injury, but the other guy just gave up.  
He got spooked by Bears in his camp because he left his rations out. Dude was 19?  This isn't a young man's game... bad casting, but I understand where he's coming from.

But wasn't the guy who sprained his ankle the guy that was supposed to hike?  I thought he should camp a night at least and see how he feels in the morning.  Again, those guys were too young.  This is midlife crisis and up type stuff. 

He got spooked by Bears in his camp because he left his rations out. Dude was 19?  This isn't a young man's game... bad casting, but I understand where he's coming from.

But wasn't the guy who sprained his ankle the guy that was supposed to hike?  I thought he should camp a night at least and see how he feels in the morning.  Again, those guys were too young.  This is midlife crisis and up type stuff. 
Nope.  He was the camper was but looking for 'flat ground' and got quite a distance from his beach.

The married couple seem like the obvious choice. Both sets of brothers are so big, it's gonna be hard to sustain them. The father/son team, I think he may be to old. The husband/wife team seem like they got it going on plus finding that net and buoies could be huge! 

Always confuses me when people leave their nets in the same place day after day when they get nothing... Hey, nothing for the last 3 days but today's the day!!! 

Move the dam net you idiot, it's not like you don't have the time.  :wall:

What's the deal this season? Dropping quick! 
Yeah, it's making watching the season really difficult for me.  Just so boring.  The team concept is terrible - one of the two being a weak link means they're out.  And there are a lot of weak links.

Husband/wife team are impressive.  Her stomping that duck in the head was...wow.
I like the teams.  Those brothers are funny.  But the guy that tapped last week should have never even gone. It was beyond obvious that he wouldn't make it long from the first ep where his family didn't want him to go.  You can't make it in a contest like this if you don't have your family's blessing.  Unless you're some kind of sociopath narcissist.

One good thing about this season is that it should put to rest the debunking that some people were doing, saying there were roads nearby and stuff.  It took people 10 days to travel 10 miles.  That's some deep bush and people would never find someone 15-20 miles away.

At this rate Brooke and her husband will get about 3/4ths of their cabin built before they win.

Their current Shelter is 10 times better then anything the other teams built.
Not to mention the indoor Fireplace is one of the best ideas in all of the seasons so far. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
At this rate Brooke and her husband will get about 3/4ths of their cabin built before they win.

Their current Shelter is 10 times better then anything the other teams built.
Not to mention the indoor Fireplace is one of the best ideas in all of the seasons so far. :thumbup:
agreed. It's them and then everyone else by a wide margin.

Last season will never be topped.

I missed the episode on Thursday and just got caught back up. I will be surprised if the brothers are not the next two out. Making lots of mistakes, no food, fighting like brothers, etc.

The married couple is still impressive and I think the father/son combo are doing great as well.

Didn't one of the groups bring a bow? Surprised no one has tried to hunt. Maybe they have and they just haven't shown it. 

I am thinking the cons of having two to feed are outweighing the pros of having the companionship. 

This season has been better then I thought it would be.

I've mentioned it before during other season....  I don't understand why more people don't use/bring Gill nets. :whoosh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess what is surprising to me is that when people go foraging and all they bring back are limpets and slugs. Is there no vegetation to forage? Especially with the one brother having GERD, I thought they would look to make some kind of herbal tea to help things along.

Just finished watching. Shocked that the better shelter didn't win. Shocking how quickly the food supply seems to shift. I thought the father/son team had it.

Awful season overall. 

That wasn't about surviving. 

That was about who could put up with the most crap the longest. The Bros were eating garbage by the end, living in a hole in the dirt, and just existed longer. No skills, no work. Not like they were going to really live like that for any real amount of time. Just put up with more crap than the other guys, until the rest of them break. 

That was just attrition. 
Agreed. This got closer to naked and afraid than I'd like. The cabin that the couple put together was amazing. At least the Bros seemed to have a cook shelter and a sleep "shelter", I didn't see anything similar for the others. Its clear that the food gathering is a huge problem. 

Agreed. This got closer to naked and afraid than I'd like. The cabin that the couple put together was amazing. At least the Bros seemed to have a cook shelter and a sleep "shelter", I didn't see anything similar for the others. Its clear that the food gathering is a huge problem. 
Agree. Different location next season. Hopefully it will change the "last one to starve" dynamic. 

Agree. Different location next season. Hopefully it will change the "last one to starve" dynamic. 
One thing I found odd as the fishing dried up was that noone was trying to trap mice, or other land animals. This played a role in earlier seasons there and yet no one was shown trying it this season. Both Sam from Season 1 and Larry from Season 2 were shown making/using traps for the mice, for example. The fishing is good and all, but its way too active. These guys need stuff that works while they are no spending active calories on the effort.

Oh, and gunnel fish look gross. 

I wonder if any of these participants do any permanent damage to themselves. Starving causes organ damage that I imagine would be tough to come back from.

I gotta think Dave, the dude who got pulled in season 4, had to hurt himself badly. He looked bad. They kinda mentioned it in passing, during the wrap up show, that it took him a fair bit of time to recover. I'd want to know what happened with the dude who fell in this season too. That looked bad as well. 

Not sure I am liking that they are bringing back old participants to the next season. I don't need to see any more Larry, for example.

has anyone seen all 4 seasons?  how do they rank?  about to binge them all after enjoying this last season.  curious what everyone thinks.

has anyone seen all 4 seasons?  how do they rank?  about to binge them all after enjoying this last season.  curious what everyone thinks.
For the first 3, I'd probably go 1,2,3.  One and two were pretty good, in Vancouver.  3 was in South America and was nice, but quite a bit different.  

I need to watch 1 and 2. 

Man the host of the finale / wrap up is brutal. I think he was calling a preseason game on fox yesterday which was surprising to me. 

I missed the wrap up show for this  last season. Did they preview anything for next season? If so, are they doing partners again? 

I missed the wrap up show for this  last season. Did they preview anything for next season? If so, are they doing partners again? 
Didn't miss much. Only the last three pairs were on the wrap up. Kinda lame. Next season has new location and I think back to singles. The big thing was that it seems like old competitors will be back. No faces, only voices. I am pretty sure I heard Jose's voice. I thought a couple of others were familiar, but I couldn't figure out who they were that quickly. 

Didn't miss much. Only the last three pairs were on the wrap up. Kinda lame. Next season has new location and I think back to singles. The big thing was that it seems like old competitors will be back. No faces, only voices. I am pretty sure I heard Jose's voice. I thought a couple of others were familiar, but I couldn't figure out who they were that quickly. 
If they are doing previous competitors I want to see the guy who had all the smoked fish and still was pulled out for losing too much weight and the artsy chick who built the amazing campsite, sauna, guitar, etc.

Has it been confirmed next season is returning competitors? I thought History was still casting, but my info could be wrong.
My info comes from the wrap up show. I can't remember the line exactly. But it was something like  "and you might recognize some old faces" and then had some voice overs. I recognized Jose's voice. A few others were familar too, but they were streaming by too fast for me to put names/faces to all the voices. I don't know if it is all re-treads or there are some new faces too.

Gotcha. I didn't watch the wrap-up show. I hated the season too much to bother.
Yeah, it wasn't the best season they've ever had. I kinda liked the idea of having to find each other, but in the end, that was all I really liked. This season didn't feel as compelling. They seemed to show less of the craft work this year. The couple had some nice stuff, the shelter(s) were outstanding. The hearth, checkerboard and even some of the fishing rigs were cool, but the show seemed to gloss over all of that. Thats a part that I always liked from previous seasons. I also found my self want to have a little more knowledge about how the food supplies were going. Oh well. I'll watch the next season, but it needs to pick up, or I'll move on.

Season 5 and its location

While there isn’t yet a confirmed renewal, the production is currently looking for locations, and assuming it returns, the new set of contestants will definitely not be on Vancouver Island or season three’s location of Patagonia, Argentina.

“The series is dong well enough that we currently have boots on the ground scouting new locations that we’ve never been to before and significantly farther away than anywhere we’ve been before—some pretty dramatic foreign landscapes,” Witt said.

And just to confirm: “It will 100 percent be somewhere new,” he said.

Season 5 and its location

While there isn’t yet a confirmed renewal, the production is currently looking for locations, and assuming it returns, the new set of contestants will definitely not be on Vancouver Island or season three’s location of Patagonia, Argentina.

“The series is dong well enough that we currently have boots on the ground scouting new locations that we’ve never been to before and significantly farther away than anywhere we’ve been before—some pretty dramatic foreign landscapes,” Witt said.

And just to confirm: “It will 100 percent be somewhere new,” he said.
I think somewhere tropical could be interesting...  especially w/ some hot chicks.

These are the contestants.I really liked Carleigh her season.Hope she fattened up for this season.

Sam - 55 days

Larry - 64 days

Nicole - 57 days

Randy - 21 days

Carleigh - 86 days

Dave - 73 days

Britt - 35 days

Brooke - 49 days

Jesse - 6 days, brother evacuated

Brad - 1 day, brother evacuated

These are the contestants.I really liked Carleigh her season.Hope she fattened up for this season.

Sam - 55 days

Larry - 64 days

Nicole - 57 days

Randy - 21 days

Carleigh - 86 days

Dave - 73 days

Britt - 35 days

Brooke - 49 days

Jesse - 6 days, brother evacuated

Brad - 1 day, brother evacuated
Was she the spider bite chick?   :wub:

I always liked Sam (a guy) from Season 1.  

There's a lot of contestants on this season that I remember and liked from past seasons.  This could go on for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread