What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** Trevor Siemian latest to pilot the Jets! (2 Viewers)

Cecil's hatred for Seimian is paralleled only by his love affair with Ronnie Hillman. 

Biased much?  Geez...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cecil's hatred for Seimian is paralleled only by his love affair with Ronnie Hillman. 

Biased much?  Geez...
seems like Lammey makes a stand on a guy and sticks to it like concrete. Siemian hasn't looked great. He hasn't looked like a starter, but he hasn't looked any worse than Sanchez. Kubiak has a way of protecting his QB, whether it be Plummer, an aged Manning, Brosweiler, or possibly Siemian. The QBs threw the ball 57(!) times in the last preseason game for evaluation purposes. that's not happening in a regular-season game, not with this D. Siemian (or Sanchez) probably isn't going to be startable in most fantasy leagues, but if he can take care of the ball, that's likely what Kubes will settle for to begin the season. Sanchez has proven throughout the offseason proces that he's not a guy who is going to take care of the ball.

that said, I think it's Siemian who keeps the seat warm for Lynch as long as Siemian doesn't trip all over himself this weekend.

FWIW Cecil Lamey said today that Sanchez wasn't benched and that the snaps were predetermined before practice.  He also said that Sanchez is ahead of him and he give's Siemian a 5% chance of winning job.  
The FBG braintrust of Denver sets themselves up for failure attaching numbers to this. If he's wrong, it's going to look very stupid.

***Meant to post this a long time ago. Not looking good for Mr. Lammey. Not surprised with the rhetoric FBG's has used throughout the years.

I know it's not official yet, but the likelihood of Trevor Siemian starting the regular season as Denver's QB is shocking the crap out of me.

How do ya not pull for the 7th round kid from Northwestern to take over the Super Bowl champs over smarmy Marc Sanchez and the 1st round hotshot. This is Hollywood stuff

to murky up the water a little bit, Sanchez is practicing with the 1s today.  Apparently Siemian hurt his shoulder trying to make the tackle on the pick-6 last Saturday.

I remember a thread once, where a few knew his name rookie QB in SEA would never get the start over the FA QB signed from GB

until R.Wilson did

not apples to apples .... but not apples to tomatoes either

I remember a thread once, where a few knew his name rookie QB in SEA would never get the start over the FA QB signed from GB

until R.Wilson did

not apples to apples .... but not apples to tomatoes either
More like apples to a ham sandwich.

Appearing on Mike Clay's Sirius Fantasy show, ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold stated that Trevor Siemian "has won the starting job."
Siemian apparently "won the starting job" in a preseason game he was pick sixed by 49ers FS Eric Reid. More accurately, Mark Sanchez outright lost the starting job with three turnovers in Denver's first two exhibitions, and Paxton Lynch isn't quite ready yet. Siemian is on track to start Week 1, but if he starts the season slow, coach Gary Kubiak could have a quick hook.

Source: Mike Clay on Twitter 
Aug 25 - 6:25 PM

Glad I picked this guy in a one league, another one didn't put enough dough to get him and still kind of mad to myself.

For all the non-believers, nothing is certain in NFL- every year something strange like this and selling DGB happens and the fantasy community is blind to see what's happening until it's too late. 

Glad I picked this guy in a one league, another one didn't put enough dough to get him and still kind of mad to myself.

For all the non-believers, nothing is certain in NFL- every year something strange like this and selling DGB happens and the fantasy community is blind to see what's happening until it's too late. 
I was surely a non-believer. I even went against my mantra of "never speaking in absolutes" about this game in saying there's no way he beats out Sanchez.

Unless you are in a very deep league or a start 2QB league I wouldn't kick myself too hard about getting outbid. I can't see him really being a difference maker as far as fantasy football is concerned and it's pretty likely that Lynch takes over eventually, even if that's not until next season.

Some one offered him to me for a third round pick in a league where Sanchez was to be my backup - I immediately declined it. To me it was a no brainer even if it wasn't a team that was in a rebuilding stage where I didn't care much about my backup QB yet. 

The Bronco OLine struggled the other night against a good Rams front in the run game. I'm not certain that the OLine has improved by an appreciable amount and this is going to be a key for Siemian to be effective. His decision making is better than Sanchez but he's quick to use the check down - look how he's found a link with Sanders. He was blitzed a few times and made some decent reads but poor throws - but no harm came. One problem is vision over the middle with the pick by the safety the other night as example - I think came as he moved too quickly through progression. He's a rookie and needs to wait that split second longer. Can he improve on 19TD/23 picks - I think so. But something tells me that this will be like Plummer/Cutler - at some point if this is going bad or just not looking like it clicks Lynch will get the reps.

I don't see big things here.  This is not the second coming of Kurt Warner. 

Positives:

• good size
  • good arm
  • seems to be a quick study
  • has nice accuracy
  • gets the ball out quickly
  • great receiving crew in Demaryius Thomas and Emanuel Sanders.
  • teammates seem to like and support him.
negatives:

• essentially a rookie - has never thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game.
  • may not be reading defenses well.  Pick in SF pre-season game was a result of mis-reading defense (IMO).
  • doesn't seem to be going through progressions (could be function of the offense though)
  • will be running a run-first offense
  • OL is suspect
  • has 1st round QB waiting in the wings.  The minute Siemian struggles, there will be calls for Lynch.
  • not much track record for 7th round QB's making it (if you put stock into such things).

Go to the link to see the chart of Simian's QB comparison chart where you will see such household names like:

•  Donovan Peterie
  • Bret Meyer
  • Brandon Cox
  • Anthony Boone
  • James Vanderberg
  • Steven Jyles
  • Austen Arnaud
  • Jeff Tuel
  • Paul McCall
  • Zack Mills
  • Jeff Kelly
Not the sort of QB comparison chart that would give you lots of good fantasy vibes.

https://twitter.com/LordReebs/status/770282352232632322

Rich Hribar@LordReebs

Not that it's a tell all, but Siemian's collegiate portfolio is one of the most grotesque things I've ever looked at

I don't know why I ever aligned myself with Cecil.  Lesson learned. 
He means well.  I just think people tend to overlook the obvious trying to get a scoop.   Did you know he was talking with Demarcus Ware the other day and also he was doing a mock draft with Adam Schefter?  He's all about the name drop.  And good on him to be quite honest.  Guy has a way ####### cooler job than me.  He's living the dream.  He's just not a great source for fantasy information.  

Which is more surprising? Siemian winning the starting job or Sanchez still somehow earning $4.5M per year to not play

I was surely a non-believer. I even went against my mantra of "never speaking in absolutes" about this game in saying there's no way he beats out Sanchez.

Unless you are in a very deep league or a start 2QB league I wouldn't kick myself too hard about getting outbid. I can't see him really being a difference maker as far as fantasy football is concerned and it's pretty likely that Lynch takes over eventually, even if that's not until next season.

Some one offered him to me for a third round pick in a league where Sanchez was to be my backup - I immediately declined it. To me it was a no brainer even if it wasn't a team that was in a rebuilding stage where I didn't care much about my backup QB yet. 
How's a roster size of 53. At the moment 65. So, kind of as deep as it gets. But the thing is, even if he's a starter, that does not make him Rodgers. In the other hand, Rodgers wasn't Rodgers until he was. But still glad I saw this coming as no way Sanchez should play as a starter in this league anymore if you ask me.

Not the sort of QB comparison chart that would give you lots of good fantasy vibes.

https://twitter.com/LordReebs/status/770282352232632322

Rich Hribar‏@LordReebs

Not that it's a tell all, but Siemian's collegiate portfolio is one of the most grotesque things I've ever looked at
I think Jeff Tuel did get to play in the NFL, and Steven Jyles has played several years in the CFL, not sure about those others but they don't ring a bell,

However if Siemian is a success maybe NFL front offices need to recalibrate how they evaluate QB's.

One thing I notice about all those QBs is they did not come from big passing offenses in college.

To be fair you are showing him against the Wisconsin Badgers who have had one of the top 3-5 defenses the last few years..... He was also at Northwestern not exactly crawling with big time pass catchers.
I know. For some bizarre reason I've actually seen a few NW games too, probably because I'm always pulling for underdogs. I remember him. He doesn't look "bad" in that video either. My question was more swerious though, what has stood out for people who have seen him this PS or in college?

I know. For some bizarre reason I've actually seen a few NW games too, probably because I'm always pulling for underdogs. I remember him. He doesn't look "bad" in that video either. My question was more swerious though, what has stood out for people who have seen him this PS or in college?
It's not that pretty but he has a unflappable quality to just keep playing consistently even after a bad play.

I have seen kind of the same thing here against the Panthers. He has had some bad throws, but a short memory.

He shows some awareness of the pass rush and can get out of bad plays. Seems to understand the offense well. Knows where his hot reads are and where to go with the ball.

Kids got ice on his veins.  Throws a nice ball.  He made some rookie mistakes, but he looks adequate as a caretaker/game manager QB.  The only really bad play I saw was the pick he threw off his heels.  Can't get away with that.

The first pick - that was bad luck.  Who throws an int to a DL on a screen?  Sometimes #### happens.

Outside of that, he just got the W against a very good, SB caliber team, on the largest regular season stage, against last year's MVP, erasing a 10 point 2nf half defecit...all in his first NFL start.  Not bad.

Kids got ice on his veins.  Throws a nice ball.  He made some rookie mistakes, but he looks adequate as a caretaker/game manager QB.  The only really bad play I saw was the pick he threw off his heels.  Can't get away with that.

The first pick - that was bad luck.  Who throws an int to a DL on a screen?  Sometimes #### happens.

Outside of that, he just got the W against a very good, SB caliber team, on the largest regular season stage, against last year's MVP, erasing a 10 point 2nf half defecit...all in his first NFL start.  Not bad.
I like what I saw from him.  Kid is ice.

game 1 far exceeded my expectations. he was poised and made a lot of plays. looked really confident out there. nice work

game 1 far exceeded my expectations. he was poised and made a lot of plays. looked really confident out there. nice work
my take as well

Panthers got a nasty defense

This guy doesn't strike me as being fantasy relevant for redraft but he should be competant

Users who are viewing this thread