What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

First one of the season, from the 9 hole..

QB: Palmer (10), Mariota (15)

RB: Latavius Murray (6), Forsett (7), Ivory (8), D. Henry (9), K. Dixon (13), Ellington (16)

WR: A-Rob (1), Dez (2), Edelman (4), Treadwell (11), Gordon (12), Janis (14)

TE: Olsen (3), Barnidge (5), Tamme (17)

K: Prater (20)

Def: Cin (18), Buff (19)
Welcome to the Forsett bandwagon Gildz

I like it. You can wait on RBs this year. Forsett is a great value as long as he stays healthy. I should have grabbed Gordon instead of Palmer at 2nd qb.

Was between Forsett and Abdullah at that spot.  Was hoping whoever I didn't take fell to the 8th. Didn't happen.  Pretty happy with the result.  Thought Ivory/Henry in 8/9 presented nice value. If I hit on a couple of these backs, there is big potential here. 

Gordon, we'll see. Could be gold there, could be a complete waste of a pick.  Guess we'll find out on Aug 1.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Gildz said:
Was between Forsett and Abdullah at that spot.  Was hoping whoever I didn't take fell to the 8th. Didn't happen.  
If you had taken Abdullah i think Forsett would have still been there on the turn around.. Nice team either way.. Like the Olsen, Barnidge, Tamme trio along with your trio at receiver..

If you had taken Abdullah i think Forsett would have still been there on the turn around.. Nice team either way.. Like the Olsen, Barnidge, Tamme trio along with your trio at receiver..

Thx.  Well Gordon/Abdullah and JStew were all taken after that Forsett pick.  so not sure he makes it back.  Would really love this team if I got Deandre Washington.  Some guy was snaking every one of these rookie handcuffs.  He took 4 in a row at 1 point.  Was lucky to even land Dixon.  Seems that a lot of people are mixed on Barnidge.  Think he's probably a safe pick in that 4-6 range.  He's likely going to lead the team in Rec's again and tds as well. Dont see Coleman catching 80+.   Hue also loved throwing to Eifert in the RZ.  I could see something like 75/900/8+.  

I hate my team. From the 9th:

Rodgers (6) Palmer (12)

Johnson (1) Miller (2) Forte (4) JStew (7) DWill (8) Charcandrick (13)

Edelman (3) Sanders (5) Doctson (9) Wheaton (10) Kendall Wright (11) Malcolm Mitchell (14) Victor Cruise (15)

Donnell (16) H Miller (17) Tamme (18)

CIn (19)

Josh Brown (20)

I never, ever go RB/RB but they were the best players on the board.
Think it's probably better then you think.  Although you missed in some spots.  The Palmer pick as you noted.  Terrific value on Palmer, but with Rodgers in hand, no need picking Palmer there.  should have went TE here.  But even more so, the JStew/DWill picks.  Just overkill at RB.  You had 3 strong backs already, no need adding both these guys.  You missed out on the Ertz/Eifert/Gates/Witten tier.  Team looks a lot better with 1 of those TE's on it.  I would have went TE in both those spots. Just hard to compete in this thing w/o at least 1 strong TE.  Going 5 RB in your top 8, you're going to have serious deficiencies elsewhere.  That's pretty much what happened here. 

Think it's probably better then you think.  Although you missed in some spots.  The Palmer pick as you noted.  Terrific value on Palmer, but with Rodgers in hand, no need picking Palmer there.  should have went TE here.  But even more so, the JStew/DWill picks.  Just overkill at RB.  You had 3 strong backs already, no need adding both these guys.  You missed out on the Ertz/Eifert/Gates/Witten tier.  Team looks a lot better with 1 of those TE's on it.  I would have went TE in both those spots. Just hard to compete in this thing w/o at least 1 strong TE.  Going 5 RB in your top 8, you're going to have serious deficiencies elsewhere.  That's pretty much what happened here. 
Spot on assessment. Was hoping to get J Gordon in the round after Palmer, but he went two picks later.

Thanks for your feedback.

Drafted from the 2nd spot today.....was amazed to get Dion Lewis in the 4th.....absolutely love my team and the 4 headed RB. I had someone call me during the 16-17 rounds and it went to auto draft and took the 2 defenses....I was supposed to take a defense and James White to back up D Lewis....oh well. If Josh Gordon gets playing time this year especially in the playoffs I can run away with the league for sure

QB: Romo (12); Cutler (15); Mariota (18)

RB: Leveon Bell (1); J Charles (2); Dion Lewis (4); Rawls (5)

WR; Marshall (3); Kevin White (6); Desean Jackson (8); Travis Benjamin (9); Josh Gordon (10); Lafell (20)

TE: Julius Thomas (7); Zach Miller (11); W. Tye (13)

DEF: Sea (14); Oak (16); Jax (17)

K: Crosby (19)

11-hole:

Wilson (8), Carr (16)

Gurley (1), McCoy (4), DLewis (6), JStew (9), Artis-Payne (13), Morris (20)

Cooks (2), Torrey (7), Wheaton (10), Aiken (11), Green-Beckham (12), Doctson (15), TWill (18)

Olsen (3), Delanie (5), Hooper (19)

ARI (14), Hauschka (17)

WRs obviously weak, but there were huge runs and little value, so we took what fell to us - Delanie at 5.11 and Dion at 6.02 couldn't be passed up. Gotta hope we find some production at WR2 out of that crew.

11-hole:

Wilson (8), Carr (16)

Gurley (1), McCoy (4), DLewis (6), JStew (9), Artis-Payne (13), Morris (20)

Cooks (2), Torrey (7), Wheaton (10), Aiken (11), Green-Beckham (12), Doctson (15), TWill (18)

Olsen (3), Delanie (5), Hooper (19)

ARI (14), Hauschka (17)

WRs obviously weak, but there were huge runs and little value, so we took what fell to us - Delanie at 5.11 and Dion at 6.02 couldn't be passed up. Gotta hope we find some production at WR2 out of that crew.
Geezus.  Did this draft just despise RB's? Gurley at 11??? Dion at 6.2 is wild.  Pretty much hate all those WR's after Cooks but I'm sure 1 of them will step up as a WR2.  And you won't be starting more then 2 anyways, if things go according to plan. Well done. Team should definitely contend.  

Per D. Graziano espn:

Lev Bell suspended 4 games for missing a drug test.  In appeal process.  Ouch.  
I was going to avoid him if he got to me, but he never did. Thought there might be some value in DWill, but I never thought he'd be in line for lead back duties for the first four games.

Draft from 5 spot... Give me the $300K now.

QB: Stafford, Rivers, Mariota, Taylor

RB: Gurley, Lacey, Rawls, D-Will, Jeremy Hill

WR: DThom, Fitz, Hurns, Davante Adams, Pharaoh Cooper, Garcon

TE: Ebron, ASJ, Rodgers

PK: Aguayo

DF: Hou

You seem to be a fan of players I don't like based on the drafts you are doing making difficult for me to say I like your teams. I think your approach is a bit too RB heavy for my liking. One thing I would say is it seems you are high on Rawls. Be careful of that.....Its going to be a bit more RBBC than most anticipate

Your TEs stink...D Thom and Lacy are huge risks ....

I think Ebron is a potential breakout TE candidate this year although I'm not a fan of ASJ or Rodgers (prefer Brate and Cook on those teams)..

7 hole..

QB: Bortles (12), Carr (15)

RB: Bell (2), McCoy (3), Hill (7), Coleman (9), Henry (10), Deandre Wash (11), West (19)

WR: A-Rob (1), Baldwin (4), Decker (5), Agholor (13), Doctson (14), Boldin (17)

TE: Barnidge (6), Witten (8), Rudolph (16)

DEF: Cin (17)

K: Boswell (20)

From the 8 spot-

QB- Brees, Mariota

RB- Miller, McCoy, Foster, Dixon, Ware, Toussaint

WR- Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Decker, Coates, Wheaton (hopefully one of Coates, Wheaton break out), Bruce Ellington

TE- Ertz, Ebron, Walford

D Philly

K McManus

from the pole

Brady, Bortles

Abdullah, Yeldon, Sims, Crowell, West, Collins, Marshall, Ridley

Antonio, Jarvis, Kelvin,Michael Thomas, Boyd

Olsen, Fleener, Barnidge

Crosby

Houston

from the pole

Brady, Bortles

Abdullah, Yeldon, Sims, Crowell, West, Collins, Marshall, Ridley

Antonio, Jarvis, Kelvin,Michael Thomas, Boyd

Olsen, Fleener, Barnidge

Crosby

Houston
Would have went RB at that 4/5 elbow over Fleener there.  That run on those 2nd tier rbs with RB1 upside ends in the early to mid 6th for the most part.  From what I've seen at least.  So having last pick in 6th, u were playing with fire.   Also not a fan of flexing 2 TE's, their dud percentage is just too high.  All that said, if u hit on a couple of the backs, this team should be strong.  

Would have went RB at that 4/5 elbow over Fleener there.  That run on those 2nd tier rbs with RB1 upside ends in the early to mid 6th for the most part.  From what I've seen at least.  So having last pick in 6th, u were playing with fire.   Also not a fan of flexing 2 TE's, their dud percentage is just too high.  All that said, if u hit on a couple of the backs, this team should be strong.  
Knew the gamble i was taking but that was the plan with this team..Drafted a bunch of teams already and wanted to do something different with this one.. If an RB fell to the end of the 6th great but i wanted to go with the 3 TE on this team.. 

Pretty epic team from the 5 spot.

QBs: B+, solid

RBs: A++, stacked

WRs: A- depending on Hurns busting out

TE: B-, but with lots of potential

PK: F, unproven/much better kickers

DF: A, top five defense

P.S. Update your "interests" section of your profile, it's $300,000 not $250,000.

Did 1 more before vacation for couple weeks

QB- Eli, Dalton

RB- Elliott, Lacy, Crowell, Dixon, Howard, Ervin

WR- Allen, Maclin, Sanders, Shepard, Snead, Wright, LaFell

TE- Ertz, Ebron, Walford

K- Walsh

D- LA

Did 1 more before vacation for couple weeks

QB- Eli, Dalton

RB- Elliott, Lacy, Crowell, Dixon, Howard, Ervin

WR- Allen, Maclin, Sanders, Shepard, Snead, Wright, LaFell

TE- Ertz, Ebron, Walford

K- Walsh

D- LA
Was in this draft with you..  Like my team much better but liked yours as well.. You were sitting in a good spot with how talent fell..

Huge risks? Interesting you feel that way. I did go more RB heavy than I would have liked but thats how the draft fell with 5 teams going Zero RB. I trust in my evaluations.

regards,

Top 50 finisher from last year
Nothing personal .... I just do not like DThom this year with their QB situation....

Pretty epic team from the 5 spot.

QBs: B+, solid

RBs: A++, stacked

WRs: A- depending on Hurns busting out

TE: B-, but with lots of potential

PK: F, unproven/much better kickers

DF: A, top five defense

P.S. Update your "interests" section of your profile, it's $300,000 not $250,000.

Epic? Huh? What are you Scientist's cousin? Haha

Qb: B+? Why because he has 4 of them? Lol. Doesn't have 1 top-10 guy here.  Why take 4 qbs in this thing is anyone's guess.   Pretty silly.  C at best

RB: A++? Not nearly as egregious but still probably generous.  There are legitimate questions on 3/5 of those guys.  Could be awesome, could be meh.  I'd go A- tho. 

WR: A-? Wow.  He's got a weak WR1, weak WR2 and weak WR3 with NOTHING behind them.  How is this core an A-?  I also see every one of those top 3 regressing this year.  Especially Fitz/Hurns.  This core is a C at best.  

TE: B-??  With Ebron as his TE1? Get outta here.  The guy caught 47 balls last year.  Sure he's got potential, so do 10 other TE's.  As a TE2,  I like Ebron, as your 1, Yuck. The 2 backups are also bench fodder.   This core is a D/C-

I hope you're not a school teacher Skanker, those kids be getting A's for knowing today's date.  

Da Gildz said:
Epic? Huh? What are you Scientist's cousin? Haha

Qb: B+? Why because he has 4 of them? Lol. Doesn't have 1 top-10 guy here.  Why take 4 qbs in this thing is anyone's guess.   Pretty silly.  C at best

RB: A++? Not nearly as egregious but still probably generous.  There are legitimate questions on 3/5 of those guys.  Could be awesome, could be meh.  I'd go A- tho. 

WR: A-? Wow.  He's got a weak WR1, weak WR2 and weak WR3 with NOTHING behind them.  How is this core an A-?  I also see every one of those top 3 regressing this year.  Especially Fitz/Hurns.  This core is a C at best.  

TE: B-??  With Ebron as his TE1? Get outta here.  The guy caught 47 balls last year.  Sure he's got potential, so do 10 other TE's.  As a TE2,  I like Ebron, as your 1, Yuck. The 2 backups are also bench fodder.   This core is a D/C-

I hope you're not a school teacher Skanker, those kids be getting A's for knowing today's date.  
Well said.....that is an average team.....he better hope Eddie Lacy produces like a top 5 Rb to have any shot....

Well said.....that is an average team.....he better hope Eddie Lacy produces like a top 5 Rb to have any shot....
I sense some DaGlidz/Sweetness jealousy. Its cool though, nobody liked my 2 teams last year and they only went on to finish top 100 and top 50. I appreciate the grades Skanker....although I do think my kicker is an A+ and not an F.  

Yes I'm jealous of that team.  You got me. 

And your teams last year were better.  Good luck tho! 

I am not going to post my team in here, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my ONE fbgpc team is in no danger of winning anything.

Thanks.

zeke99 said:
I know how you feel.. Thats why i keep drafting..
Signed a contract to build a new house.  Two weeks later, found out we are expecting twins in December.  I wish I could keep drafting, but I probably shouldn't have even done that one. Oh well, the first year I did high stakes in Vegas, I walked away not really happy with my team and I won the league, so I guess its possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is my 2nd and final team.I think I did a little better this time.From the 12 spot.

QB- Bortles ( 9 ), Dalton ( 12 )

RBs- Miller ( 2 ), L.Murray ( 3 ), Martin ( 4 ), M.Gordon ( 8 ), Blount ( 15 )

WRs- Robinson ( 1 ), Fitz ( 5 ), Hurns ( 6 ), T.Benjamin ( 7 ), R.Matthews ( 13 ), T.Williams ( 14 ),

TE- Barnidge ( 10 ), Ebron ( 11 ), Brate ( 16 )

k- Santos ( 17 ), Gano ( 18 )

D- Bills ( 19 ), Jets ( 20 )

All in on the Jax air attack.

This is my 2nd and final team.I think I did a little better this time.From the 12 spot.

QB- Bortles ( 9 ), Dalton ( 12 )

RBs- Miller ( 2 ), L.Murray ( 3 ), Martin ( 4 ), M.Gordon ( 8 ), Blount ( 15 )

WRs- Robinson ( 1 ), Fitz ( 5 ), Hurns ( 6 ), T.Benjamin ( 7 ), R.Matthews ( 13 ), T.Williams ( 14 ),

TE- Barnidge ( 10 ), Ebron ( 11 ), Brate ( 16 )

k- Santos ( 17 ), Gano ( 18 )

D- Bills ( 19 ), Jets ( 20 )

All in on the Jax air attack.

Pretty solid.  A-Rob at 12 is a fleece job.  Would have went WR/Martin at the 3/4 elbow over Murray.  Murray is probably 2 rds to high there.  Plus Miller/Martin is more then sufficient as a RB duo.  Curious what WR's were available there for you?  Don't love Fitz and Hurns this year but those TE's were crazy value.  Barnidge and Ebron at 10/11?  Wow.  That's the lowest I've seen on both.  

No sense taking Dalton at 12 with Bortles in hand.  could have waited another 4-5 rds for your back qb.  1 of the rookie RB handcuffs/WR would have made a nice pick.  Overall, nice team.  Similar to the one Scientist posted that he thinks is winning it all. Only you have a better WR1, better Qb and better TE's.  Good luck!

Pretty solid.  A-Rob at 12 is a fleece job.  Would have went WR/Martin at the 3/4 elbow over Murray.  Murray is probably 2 rds to high there.  Plus Miller/Martin is more then sufficient as a RB duo.  Curious what WR's were available there for you?  Don't love Fitz and Hurns this year but those TE's were crazy value.  Barnidge and Ebron at 10/11?  Wow.  That's the lowest I've seen on both.  

No sense taking Dalton at 12 with Bortles in hand.  could have waited another 4-5 rds for your back qb.  1 of the rookie RB handcuffs/WR would have made a nice pick.  Overall, nice team.  Similar to the one Scientist posted that he thinks is winning it all. Only you have a better WR1, better Qb and better TE's.  Good luck!
Tate,Decker,Matthews and Maclin were all available.I decided that since everyone else is going WR heavy in the early rounds this year I would try to grab 4 quality RBs in the first four rounds since I was drafting at the 12 spot.Peterson went 2 picks before me or I would have went 4 rbs out of first 4 picks.Elliot was still there but just a little gun shy with him.So settled on 3 rbs out of 1st 4 picks.

Tate,Decker,Matthews and Maclin were all available.I decided that since everyone else is going WR heavy in the early rounds this year I would try to grab 4 quality RBs in the first four rounds since I was drafting at the 12 spot.
I did the opposite in my 1st draft as well. Now that the hipster millennials are going WR/WR/WR it leaves a lot of RB talent laying around. I think you see things shift back next year as this year is a huge overreaction to last years poor RB performances. Personally I think you go best player available but I see a lot of people forcing WR/WR/WR because fantasy "experts" are telling them thats what they should do.

You have a nice team!

Also wanted to try something a little different this year by going all in with the Jax air game.I think it was Coots I was in a league with a few years ago that tried this with Denver and he was pretty successful if I remember correctly.I think he won the league ( I might not be remembering right I have a terrible case of CRS )not sure how he did in the champ round.I know that Bortles is no Peyton but I think he can repeat what he did last year.I watched him a lot when he was at UCF and he was always a gamer.

Here's the team I took him in the 5th round from the 5 spot

Brady, Rivers

Forte, Rawls, Stewart, Forsett, Prosise, Michael

Hopkins, Cooks, Demaryius,Cruz, Lafell, Green-Beckham

Barnidge, McDonald, Tamme

Catanzaro

Cin, Rams
Hey were you just in a draft with the team name Zeke's team10? If so, I think you got a steal with David Johnson at 1.11.

Hey were you just in a draft with the team name Zeke's team10? If so, I think you got a steal with David Johnson at 1.11.
Yes, that was me.. Nice of everyone to let him fall to 11.. What team were you brun? 1 hour and 38 minute draft.. fastest draft I've been in..

Yes, that was me.. Nice of everyone to let him fall to 11.. What team were you brun? 1 hour and 38 minute draft.. fastest draft I've been in..
I'm az5. I think we're H2H week 1. I like your team and think the starters are especially strong. I rather be playing you in week 4 or 9. Good luck!

Edit: So, it's a good thing I took Theo. Otherwise you might have ended up with the entire Detroit backfield. ?

David Johnson seems to be my unicorn this year...when I've picked 6-12 he goes 4th, when I pick top 3 he goes 10-11.....1H 38m??? I don't think I've squeezed one in under 2 hours yet, color me jealous

I'm az5. I think we're H2H week 1. I like your team and think the starters are especially strong. I rather be playing you in week 4 or 9. Good luck!

Edit: So, it's a good thing I took Theo. Otherwise you might have ended up with the entire Detroit backfield. ?
You got yourself a good trio of receivers after Gurley and Gio or Theo will be good RB2..  Was all set to take Washington as a handcuff to Murray and he got swiped 2 picks before me so i settled for Zenner and Ridley later in the draft should Abdullah go down.. You got Gio and Theo and I've got their counterparts Abdullah and Hill.. Not looking forward to week 9 the bench will have to step up..

David Johnson seems to be my unicorn this year...when I've picked 6-12 he goes 4th, when I pick top 3 he goes 10-11.....1H 38m??? I don't think I've squeezed one in under 2 hours yet, color me jealous
First time I've got Johnson in this show.. Got him once in the other show also.. Draft started at 11:00 and was over at 12:38

My 1st one ever. Won a 35 dollar league last year. From the 11 spot.

1.11 - A. Rob

2.02 - L. Miller

3.11 - J. Maclin (was really bummed that Tate and Cobb went right before me)

4.02 - D. Martin

5.11 - A. Luck ( I got thrown off that all 3 of my targets went in about last 5 picks before it got to me)

6.02 - T. Lockett ( A little bit of a reach, but he would have never made it back to me)

7.11 - G. Barnidge

8.02 - J. Hill

9.11 - T. Austin

10.02 - I. Crowell

11.11 - W. Tye

12.02 - N. Agholor

13.11 - C. Walford

14.02 - R. Woods

15.11 - M.Mariotta ( Wanted Winston, but he went 2 picks before me)

16.02 - P. Cooper

17.11 - Philly Def. ( Like their match up at home week 1)

18.02 - J. Crowder

19.11 - Cincy Def.

20.02 - B. Walsh.

I will gladly explain any picks I made.

msudaisy26 said:
My 1st one ever. Won a 35 dollar league last year. From the 11 spot.

1.11 - A. Rob  I like him. Seen him go anywhere from 1.06 to2.04

2.02 - L. Miller  I like him a lot.

3.11 - J. Maclin (was really bummed that Tate and Cobb went right before me)    I like him just as much as the other 2.

4.02 - D. Martin  I like him. Some might prefer other RB's that might be available here, e.g. Forte or Lewis. IMO, the league isn't usually won/lost in the 1st 4 rounds anyway.

5.11 - A. Luck ( I got thrown off that all 3 of my targets went in about last 5 picks before it got to me)   I like him, but not much for the early QB picks. I have done it just for variety.

6.02 - T. Lockett ( A little bit of a reach, but he would have never made it back to me)   I read good things about him. I'm just not confident enough to pick him here. As you said though, if you want him you probably can't wait another round.

7.11 - G. Barnidge   I like him, but really prefer him in best ball. I think I have him as TE1 on one of my teams though. Hoping he's close to last year's production.

8.02 - J. Hill   Lukewarm on him. Curious what RB's were available at 5/6 turn.

9.11 - T. Austin   I like him in best ball  a lot. If he becomes more consistent or you happen to plug him the right weeks, he could be productive for you

10.02 - I. Crowell

11.11 - W. Tye

12.02 - N. Agholor

13.11 - C. Walford   I like him and think he could end up flexing for you.

14.02 - R. Woods   Not a fan myself. I don't even remember him being drafted in any of my leagues.

15.11 - M.Mariotta ( Wanted Winston, but he went 2 picks before me)   Agree with you.

16.02 - P. Cooper

17.11 - Philly Def. ( Like their match up at home week 1)   I agree with you.

18.02 - J. Crowder

19.11 - Cincy Def.

20.02 - B. Walsh.

I will gladly explain any picks I made.
Just some random thoughts. I'm not good at analyzing other people's teams, but for some reason I started typing. Good luck.

zeke99 said:
First time I've got Johnson in this show.. Got him once in the other show also.. Draft started at 11:00 and was over at 12:38
Just curious. Maybe a dumb question. What's the "other show"?

I wanted Duke Johnson at 5.11, but he went 5.09. The guys that went after 5.11 and before 7.11.

Gio, DeAngelo, A. Foster, M. Jones, J. Langford, R. Matthews, F. Gore, J. Forsett

So I got three teams in the FBG contest. Got draft slots of 9, 11, and 12. I'm kind of pissed at that. I didn't have a shot at Brown, Gronk, Julio, or OBJ in any. $1k with no shot at any of the top players sucks. The odds would be that I'd get at least one top five draft slot in the three drafts.

So I got three teams in the FBG contest. Got draft slots of 9, 11, and 12. I'm kind of pissed at that. I didn't have a shot at Brown, Gronk, Julio, or OBJ in any. $1k with no shot at any of the top players sucks. The odds would be that I'd get at least one top five draft slot in the three drafts.
Mind posting your 11th spot draft? I would like to compare yours to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread