What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Mind posting your 11th spot draft? I would like to compare yours to mine.
Here's a team from 11 spot Daisy

Rodgers,Ryan

David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Abdullah, Hill, Alex Collins, Zenner, Ridley

Jordy, Tate, Treadwell, Hogan, Michael Thomas, Cruz

Kelce, Zach Miller, Pitta

Boswell 

Hou

Mind posting your 11th spot draft? I would like to compare yours to mine.
Palmer (9) Mariota (14)

Miller (1) McCoy (3) Ivory (10) CJ?K (9)  Hillman (16) Charcandrick (17)

Allen (2) Benjamin (4) Sanders (5) JGordon (6) DJax (7) Andre Johnson (18)

Gates (8) Witten (11) Jordan Cameron (12) Donnell (19)

LA (11)

Vinatieri (20)

It's okay I guess. Just wish that I had a shot at Gronk in one of the drafts.

Here is one I did the other night, has a lot of upside if some starting RBs get hurt and my handcuffs hit..

Stafford, Ryan

Hyde, Foster, Riddick, D. Williams, Starks, D Washington, Ferguson, K. Drake

Brown, Cooper, Allen, Gordon, Benjamin, J. Strong

Fleener, Rodgers

Vinatierri, Rams

How does Allen fall to 2.12.  Geez.  Guess if you're doing 30-40 of these, you'll find some wacky drafts mixed in.  

Just did one from the 5th hole .... Almost picked Josh Gordon in the 7th but went for Crabtree and hoped Gordon came back in the 8th but he was drafted the very next pick in 7th.....

Thoughts? I liked a lot of the value I got in this draft (Benjamin in 11; Jordy in 2nd....I might have reached for Foster maybe one round earlier but I really wanted him)

QB: Cutler (14); Romo (15); Fitzpatrick (18)

RB: Rawls (4); Foster(5); Jeremy Hill (8); Rashad Jennings (9); Shane Vereen (16)

WR: Jordy Nelson (2); TY Hilton (3); Crabtree (7); Travis Benjamin (11); Tajae Sharpe (20)

TE: Gronk (1); Barnidge (6); Witten (10); Will Tye (12)

DEF: Denver (13); LA Rams (17)

K: Graham Gano (19)

Just did one from the 5th hole .... Almost picked Josh Gordon in the 7th but went for Crabtree and hoped Gordon came back in the 8th but he was drafted the very next pick in 7th.....

Thoughts? I liked a lot of the value I got in this draft (Benjamin in 11; Jordy in 2nd....I might have reached for Foster maybe one round earlier but I really wanted him)

RB: Rawls (4); Foster(5); Jeremy Hill (8); Rashad Jennings (9); Shane Vereen (16)

WR: Jordy Nelson (2); TY Hilton (3); Crabtree (7); Travis Benjamin (11); Tajae Sharpe (20)

Looks very boom or bust to me, but that isn't a bad thing. If your rbs hit and you pick the right qb most weeks you could run away with your league.

As long as Rawls and Foster are healed and stay that way team is very solid.

Here's a similar team from the 6 spot

Rivers, Flacco

Latavius Murray, Matt Jones, Ivory, Crowell, Deandre Washington, Marshall

Jordy, Maclin, Crabtree, Coates, Sanu, Cruz

Gronk, Olsen, Brate

Catanzaro

Den, Sea

Nicely done.  I like this team a lot.  And agree you got tons of value here.  Hill and Jennings at 8/9 is great IMO.  Both guys should offer RB2 #'s.  Or better.  

If I had to nitpick, probably a little thin at WR.  Not much behind Crabtree.  Not high on Benjamin.  Too many target hogs in SD.  What's his Rec-upside? 60? 

But nonetheless, very strong squad   

Here is one I did the other night, has a lot of upside if some starting RBs get hurt and my handcuffs hit..

Stafford, Ryan

Hyde, Foster, Riddick, D. Williams, Starks, D Washington, Ferguson, K. Drake

Brown, Cooper, Allen, Gordon, Benjamin, J. Strong

Fleener, Rodgers

Vinatierri, Rams

Allen AND Cooper??? are you &#*($)#(&$&$(#)$* kidding me????

ParkwayWoof said:
Allen AND Cooper??? are you &#*($)#(&$&$(#)$* kidding me????
I have one team where D. Johnson went 2.7 to me...  paired him up with Gurley..  That will be a unique team..  Doesn't mean good but unique for sure

How does Allen fall to 2.12.  Geez.  Guess if you're doing 30-40 of these, you'll find some wacky drafts mixed in.  
Keenan Allen @ 2.02

Had higher ranked WRs in front of him and started second guessing myself, but with Stevie J out now it may work out.

Keenan Allen @ 2.02

Had higher ranked WRs in front of him and started second guessing myself, but with Stevie J out now it may work out.

Sorry that post was referring to Coots team above.   He got Allen at the 2/3 elbow.  But yea Allen should catch 100+ blindfolded this year.  

1-hole:

Tannehill (14), Fitzpatrick (17)

CJ Anderson (5), D Murray (7), Forsett (9), Henry (10), Booker (12), Crowell (13), J Allen (15)

Brown (1), DThom (2), Cooper (3), John Brown (6), TBenj (11), R Matthews (16)

DWalker (4), Bennett (8), Watson (18)

Gano (19), BUF (20)

1-hole:

Tannehill (14), Fitzpatrick (17)

CJ Anderson (5), D Murray (7), Forsett (9), Henry (10), Booker (12), Crowell (13), J Allen (15)

Brown (1), DThom (2), Cooper (3), John Brown (6), TBenj (11), R Matthews (16)

DWalker (4), Bennett (8), Watson (18)

Gano (19), BUF (20)

Very solid. Looks like lot of value fell to you.  Going 3 straight WR's then having CJA fall to 5.1, that's as good as you could have hoped I'm sure.  Forsett I'll be backing off of for now, they're now talking up T West as the possible front runner.  That's just a cluster%#^ of a backfield.  I would still be looking at Dixon late.  He's probably the most talented of all 4.  But nonetheless looks strong.  

from 4

Rodgers, Winston

Miller, Forte, Gio, Theo, Booker , Ellington

Hopkins, Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Travis Benjamin, Bolden, Lafell

Allen, Cameron, Rodgers

Crosby

Den, Car

From the 3 hole..

QB: Cousins (12), Taylor (14)

RB: Rawls (5), Abdullah (8), Coleman (9), Henry (10), Deandre Wash (11), Michael (19)

WR: ODB (1), Watkins (3), Parker (6), Lockett (7), Perriman (15), Agholor (17)

TE: Reed (2), Walker (4), McDonald (16)

D: Cin (18)

K: Walsh (20)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 3 hole..

RB: Rawls (5), Abdullah (8), Coleman (9), Henry (10), Deandre Wash (11), Michael (19)

Nice team Gildz..

Parker and Lockett went way later than the drafts I've been in.. Last nite they went 5::7 and 5::10..

As long as you get production from your RB's this team will hang.. 

From the 3 hole..

Team looked familiar to me..I've got a team with a lot of the same players that was drafted 3 weeks ago..

From the 4 spot

Ben,Cousins

Rawls, Abdullah, Woodhead, Forsett, Prosise, Michael

Odell, Cooks, Hogan, Garcon, Boyd, Lafell, Green-Beckham

Reed, Barnidge, Cameron

Gano

NYG

Seems that zero WR may be the best strategy this year. In the drafts I have done (haven't done one in couple weeks) there are always at least three people who go zero RB in the first 4-5 rounds which creates unbelievable value for RBs versus second or third rate wr's in the round 3-5 period especially

Seems that zero WR may be the best strategy this year. In the drafts I have done (haven't done one in couple weeks) there are always at least three people who go zero RB in the first 4-5 rounds which creates unbelievable value for RBs versus second or third rate wr's in the round 3-5 period especially

I disagree.  Only have done 3 so far but from what I've seen and what's posted on this board, there's tons of RB value in the 6-10 range.   End of the day, WR's are just a lot more consistent.  And especially the Elite ones.  You hit on just 1 RB in those middle rds, you're golden.  I'm convinced zero-RB is the optimal strategy.  Especially in a tournament format like this.  Just my .02

Guy drafting in the 12 spot last nite took 6 WR to start.. He took 7 WR,  2 TE and 1 RB with first 10 picks..

Allowed for some real nice RB value to fall.. I got Forte in the 5th, Gio in the 7th and Theo in the 9th along with Aaron Rodgers in the 6th

6-hole:

Rivers (11), Tannehill (18)

Ingram (3), CJ Anderson (4), Abdullah (8), TJ Yeldon (10), Ware (16), Hightower (17)

Hopkins (1), KAllen (2), Hurns (6), John Brown (7), Torrey (9), Funchess (13), Dorsett (14)

Ertz (5), Tye (12), Donnell (20)

SEA (15), Gano (19)

From the end:

Tyrod Taylor, Ryan

Miller, Duke Johnson, Coleman, Deandre Washington, West, Drake

Allen Robinson, Maclin, Cobb, Lockett, Shepard, Mitchell

Barnidge, Ebron, Brate

Gano, Washington

From the end:

Tyrod Taylor, Ryan

Miller, Duke Johnson, Coleman, Deandre Washington, West, Drake

Allen Robinson, Maclin, Cobb, Lockett, Shepard, Mitchell

Barnidge, Ebron, Brate

Gano, Washington
Well rounded, solid club. Deep at WR.  RBs after Duke are a bit of a shot in the dark. Curious, where did you get Ebron?  Assuming this draft was today - after the injury news?  Could be a big pick if he's ok.  

I'll preface this by saying I really like this team, and it's the first time I've had the opportunity to draft WR with my first four picks.

The value was simply too much to pass up drafting from 1.8:

QB: Drew Brees (9.8)

RB: Thomas Rawls (5.8), Matt Jones (6.5), Ameer Abdullah (7.8), Kenneth Dixon (12.5), Alex Collins (14.8), Jalen Richard (20.8)

WR: A.J. Green (1.8), Mike Evans (2.5), Jarvis Landry (3.8), Donte Moncrief (4.5), Michael Thomas (11.8), Jalen Strong (15.8), Kenny Stills (17.8), Tajae Sharp (18.5)

TE: Antonio Gates (8.5), Zach Miller (10.5), Will Tye (13.8)

Defense: Houston (16.5)

Kicker: Chris Boswell (19.8)

I'll preface this by saying I really like this team, and it's the first time I've had the opportunity to draft WR with my first four picks.

The value was simply too much to pass up drafting from 1.8:

QB: Drew Brees (9.8)

RB: Thomas Rawls (5.8), Matt Jones (6.5), Ameer Abdullah (7.8), Kenneth Dixon (12.5), Alex Collins (14.8), Jalen Richard (20.8)

WR: A.J. Green (1.8), Mike Evans (2.5), Jarvis Landry (3.8), Donte Moncrief (4.5), Michael Thomas (11.8), Jalen Strong (15.8), Kenny Stills (17.8), Tajae Sharp (18.5)

TE: Antonio Gates (8.5), Zach Miller (10.5), Will Tye (13.8)

Defense: Houston (16.5)

Kicker: Chris Boswell (19.8)
It's solid but where is the value you're referencing?  All these guys are pretty much where their ADP's are.  Rawls at 5.8 is nice now that he's activated. But he was going rd 4-5 in every draft tho also.  Also would have taken Michael over Collins and way too high there for him as well.  Collins is barely draftable IMO. 

But should be solid assuming those backs don't flame out. 

Decided to go against the grain last night..  Has a different feel but overall I like it..

Brees, Big Ben

D. Johnson, Miller, CJ Anderson, D. Lewis, J. Ferguson, J. White

Maclin, J. Gordon, M. Jones, W. Snead, B. Ellington, B. Perriman, D. Amendola

Gates, Wilford, Amaro

Gostkowski, Seattle

Should be different as everyone else keeps going no RB strategy..

Decided to go against the grain last night..  Has a different feel but overall I like it..

Brees, Big Ben

D. Johnson, Miller, CJ Anderson, D. Lewis, J. Ferguson, J. White

Maclin, J. Gordon, M. Jones, W. Snead, B. Ellington, B. Perriman, D. Amendola

Gates, Wilford, Amaro

Gostkowski, Seattle

Should be different as everyone else keeps going no RB strategy..
Interesting to see how it pans out. If you can get production out of your receivers till Gordon comes back and he shows no signs of rust   being out of the game so long it should be fine as the rest of your positions are solid. 

I took sort of the same approach with a draft a couple nites ago

From the 9 hole

Bortles, Dalton

Elliot, Miller, Lewis, Crowell, McFadden, White

Kelvin Benjamin, Mathews, Gordon, Crabtree, Hogan, Cruz

Eifert, Miller, Warson, Pitta

Santos

Philly

Have done 3 so far

11th pick

QB - Bortles, Mariota

RB - Miller, Hyde, McFadden, Crowell, Hightower, Spiller, Starks, Morris

WR - Robinson, Maclin, Hurns, T Smith, Wheaton

TE - Kelce, Green (ugh)

Prater, CIN, PHI

1st pick

QB - Carr, Winston

RB - Bell, Charles, Foster, Abdullah, West, Ellington

WR - Brown, Baldwin, Wheaton, V Jackson, Agholor, Green-Beckham, T Williams

TE - Ertz, Graham, V Davis

Bailey, DEN

4th pick

QB - Mariota, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick

RB - Mathews, Riddick, Stewart, Blount, Crowell, McFadden, Starks, Spiller

WR - Julio, Cooks, Cooper, Crabtree, T Smith

TE - Fleener, Walker

Gano, CAR

6-hole:

Rivers (11), Tannehill (18)

Ingram (3), CJ Anderson (4), Abdullah (8), TJ Yeldon (10), Ware (16), Hightower (17)

Hopkins (1), KAllen (2), Hurns (6), John Brown (7), Torrey (9), Funchess (13), Dorsett (14)

Ertz (5), Tye (12), Donnell (20)

SEA (15), Gano (19)
Love this team. Great value in Funchess and Hightower. May want to see if you can get another TE. The Eagles went with a lot of three TE sets tonight, and indications are they may do that a lot this season. Not sure if that means Ertz sees less targets.

Have done 3 so far

1st pick

QB - Carr, Winston

RB - Bell, Charles, Foster, Abdullah, West, Ellington

WR - Brown, Baldwin, Wheaton, V Jackson, Agholor, Green-Beckham, T Williams

TE - Ertz, Graham, V Davis

Bailey, DEN
KEY LARGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I disagree.  Only have done 3 so far but from what I've seen and what's posted on this board, there's tons of RB value in the 6-10 range.   End of the day, WR's are just a lot more consistent.  And especially the Elite ones.  You hit on just 1 RB in those middle rds, you're golden.  I'm convinced zero-RB is the optimal strategy.  Especially in a tournament format like this.  Just my .02
I actually agree with him. Its much better to do the opposite. I talked a bit with you about this last year when I went TE, QB, WR and you thought the team sucked. Ended up top 50 and a lot of it was because I zigged while those other punks zagged. Going zero RB is all the rage currently (so very hipster) and while I do agree WR's are more consistent it still comes down to selecting the right WRs. Now that tons of people are going WR,WR,WR it allows for value in others places. I won't be going zero RB this year....thats for sure. I did so last year but Im thinking this year the forward thinkers are going to adjust and take advantage of the zero RB crowd. 

I actually agree with him. Its much better to do the opposite. I talked a bit with you about this last year when I went TE, QB, WR and you thought the team sucked. Ended up top 50 and a lot of it was because I zigged while those other punks zagged. Going zero RB is all the rage currently (so very hipster) and while I do agree WR's are more consistent it still comes down to selecting the right WRs. Now that tons of people are going WR,WR,WR it allows for value in others places. I won't be going zero RB this year....thats for sure. I did so last year but Im thinking this year the forward thinkers are going to adjust and take advantage of the zero RB crowd. 

Keep thinking that with your 10 pt flexes .

:)

Keep thinking that with your 10 pt flexes .

:)
Thing with this game is we don't know what strategy will work from year to year unless you are a psychic or have divine intervention .. I have neither so I started out drafting teams WR heavy then went to balanced teams and now am goin RB heavy.. Figured I'd cover all the bases and still be a loser..

Thing with this game is we don't know what strategy will work from year to year unless you are a psychic or have divine intervention .. I have neither so I started out drafting teams WR heavy then went to balanced teams and now am goin RB heavy.. Figured I'd cover all the bases and still be a loser..
In the end, you have to pick the right players regardless.  Me personally, I've had a lot more success going zero RB.  There are still too many questions with the rbs who are going early, to bypass elite WR's.  In my mind at least.  

For the most part, I'll put my eggs in those rbs in the 6-9 range and hope to strike gold there.  Also as a couple noted, RB's pop up out of nowhere a lot more then stud WR's do.  

Here is my first FFPC classic draft(not FBG)

QB:  7.09 - Drew Brees

QB:  9.09 - Eli Manning

RB:  3.09 - Matt Forte

RB:  4.04 - Carlos Hyde

RB:  8.04 - Melvin Gordon

RB:  10.04 - Isaiah Crowell

RB: 12.04 - Chris Johnson

RB 14.04 - Alfred Morris

RB 17.09 - Shane Draughn

RB 19.09 - Cameron Artis Payne

WR 1.09 - Dez Bryant

WR 2.04 - Brandon Marshall

WR 5.09 - Larry Fitzgerald

WR 13.09 - Mohamed Sanu

WR 16.04 - Bruce Ellington

TE 6.04 - Zach Ertz

TE 15.09 - Charles Clay

TE 18.04 - Jacob Tamme

DEF 11.09 - AZ

My draft going right now is interesting...

1.05 - David Johnson

2.08 - Adrian Peterson

3.05 - Mark Ingram

Never intended to go RB heavy, but just how the draft fell with Peterson sliding...really hate the value of WR in the third round

From the 3 hole..

QB: Eli (11), Mariota (17)

RB: Charles (3), Foster (6), Jennings (8), Henry (10), Ware (12), West (14), Marshall (19)

WR: ODB (1), Decker (5), Hurns (7), Torrey Smith (9), Perriman (15), Boldin (16)

TE: Reed (2), Fleener (4), Tye (13)

K: Tucker (20)

Def: NE (18)

Nice drafting w/you Zeke.  This one was a bit unconventional for me.  Charles hasn't been on my radar all offseason.  But at 3.3, had to take him.  Sucks having to waste 2 picks on handcuffing him but what can ya do.  good luck.  

Da Gildz said:
From the 3 hole..

QB: Eli (11), Mariota (17)

RB: Charles (3), Foster (6), Jennings (8), Henry (10), Ware (12), West (14), Marshall (19)

WR: ODB (1), Decker (5), Hurns (7), Torrey Smith (9), Perriman (15), Boldin (16)

TE: Reed (2), Fleener (4), Tye (13)

K: Tucker (20)

Def: NE (18)

Nice drafting w/you Zeke.  This one was a bit unconventional for me.  Charles hasn't been on my radar all offseason.  But at 3.3, had to take him.  Sucks having to waste 2 picks on handcuffing him but what can ya do.  good luck.  
Good thing I took Sterling Shepard or you'd have the entire starting offense of the Gmen.. I seriously thought about Jamaal at 3.1 but with Freeman already ended up going with Hilton.. Glad i did cause i had no idea Duke would drop to the end of 6th.. Should be a fun league

Rodgers, Flacco

Freeman, Duke Johnson, Forsett, Coleman, Dixon, Jordan Howard, Zenner

Antonio, Hilton, Tate, Shepard, Hogan, Charles Johnson, Tajae Sharpe

Miller, McDonald

Gostkowski

Arizona

Good thing I took Sterling Shepard or you'd have the entire starting offense of the Gmen.. I seriously thought about Jamaal at 3.1 but with Freeman already ended up going with Hilton.. Glad i did cause i had no idea Duke would drop to the end of 6th.. Should be a fun league

Rodgers, Flacco

Freeman, Duke Johnson, Forsett, Coleman, Dixon, Jordan Howard, Zenner

Antonio, Hilton, Tate, Shepard, Hogan, Charles Johnson, Tajae Sharpe

Miller, McDonald

Gostkowski

Arizona

Was between Duke and Foster there in the 6th.  Figure for the games I get out of Foster, he's still likely a top-15 RB option at worst.  I'll sign for 7 Arian Foster games right now and be happy.   Was hoping to get Ajay at a discount, didn't happen.   Don't think I would have taken Shepard over Lockett or Hurns tho. Wanted Lockett there and the guy takes him right before me, but times out and hits the pause button.  Was semi excited that he would throw him back, but he was fine with the auto pick.  Ugh.  

How about the guy who went 7 WR's in his first 8 picks?? Does he realize you can't trade in this thing? Ha

Like the opinion of some expert sharks here. From the 6 spot:

QB- E.Manning....T.Taylor

RB- D.Johnson...D.Freeman...J.Starks...S.Vereen...J.McKinnon...A.Ellington

WR- J.Landry...E.Decker...L.Fitzgerald...J.Gordon...J.Shepard...J.Kearse

TE- J.Witten...D.Allen...J.Heuerman

PK- C.Santos...B.Walsh

DEF-Arizona

Final one of season. From the 7 hole..

QB: Eli (12), Carr (17)

RB: Lacy (3), Gio (6), Jennings (7), Abdullah (9), Alf Morris (14), West (18), Karlos Will (20)

WR: Hopkins (1), Parker (5), Boyd (8), Diggs (10), Dorsett (11), Adams (16)

TE: Reed (2), Fleener (4), ASJ (15)

Def: Den (13)

K: Catanzaro (19)

GL to all. 

Final one of season. From the 7 hole..

QB: Eli (12), Carr (17)

RB: Lacy (3), Gio (6), Jennings (7), Abdullah (9), Alf Morris (14), West (18), Karlos Will (20)

WR: Hopkins (1), Parker (5), Boyd (8), Diggs (10), Dorsett (11), Adams (16)

TE: Reed (2), Fleener (4), ASJ (15)

Def: Den (13)

K: Catanzaro (19)

GL to all. 
Pretty good squad...gonna need some of those WRs to reach their potential to have a shot. You've got a few of my late round targets in Morris/Adams/ASJ.

Users who are viewing this thread