What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 "How did I do" Thread (3 Viewers)

Like the opinion of some expert sharks here. From the 6 spot:

QB- E.Manning....T.Taylor

RB- D.Johnson...D.Freeman...J.Starks...S.Vereen...J.McKinnon...A.Ellington

WR- J.Landry...E.Decker...L.Fitzgerald...J.Gordon...J.Shepard...J.Kearse

TE- J.Witten...D.Allen...J.Heuerman

PK- C.Santos...B.Walsh

DEF-Arizona
Not in love with your WR and Te upside...gonna need monster years out of Johnson and Devontae to contend.

From the 3 hole..

QB: Eli (11), Mariota (17)

RB: Charles (3), Foster (6), Jennings (8), Henry (10), Ware (12), West (14), Marshall (19)

WR: ODB (1), Decker (5), Hurns (7), Torrey Smith (9), Perriman (15), Boldin (16)

TE: Reed (2), Fleener (4), Tye (13)

K: Tucker (20)

Def: NE (18)

Pretty solid team, will likely depend on Charles/Foster combo although Henry could be a second half gem.  WR depth could struggle.

When you go doube TE early it really hurts you at WR/RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strong, balanced squad...I like the WR early and then Latavius later strategy.  A lot of roster spots on TE...and some risk with a shallow WR bench.

Pretty solid team, will likely depend on Charles/Foster combo although Henry could be a second half gem.  WR depth could struggle.

When you go doube TE early it really hurts you at WR/RB.

Yea I've been working the 2 early TE strategy in almost all of my drafts.  It's a risky strategy for sure.  Pretty happy with the results tho.  Now if Fleener ####s the bed, it won't be pretty.  

Huge risks? Interesting you feel that way. I did go more RB heavy than I would have liked but thats how the draft fell with 5 teams going Zero RB. I trust in my evaluations.

regards,

Top 50 finisher from last year
Trust in your evaluations? How is the Demaryus Thomas as your WR1 pick looking now with Siemen and Paxton Lynch throwing to him all year? :D

Trust in your evaluations? How is the Demaryus Thomas as your WR1 pick looking now with Siemen and Paxton Lynch throwing to him all year? :D
Looks the same as it did with Sanchez throwing to him. Targets are targets and noobish QBs tend to lock onto WR1s so Im cool with either. I actually hope Lynch gets the job.

Who threw to DeAndre Hopkins last year? DThom is more talented than Hopkins.....its all about the targets bro. I like WR1s in Kubiaks offense. 

DThom is more talented than Hopkins.....

Yea don't agree with this. Faster, bigger, more athletic, ok.  But Nuuuuk is easily the superior talent of the 2.  He's basically the younger version of Fitz.   Best hands in the game right now.

10 team league drafted (first pick).  Start QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, Flex, Flex, K, D:

1) Antonio Brown

2) Allen Robinson

3) Mike Evans

4) Latavius Murray

5) Jonathan Stewart

6) Jeremy Hill

7) Frank Gore

8) Ben Roethlisberger

9) Larry Fitzgerald

10) Ameer Abdullah

11) Travis Benjamin

12) Derek Carr

13) Devontae Booker

14) Javorius "Buck" Allen

15) Pats D

16) Chandler Catanzaro

First draft in couple weeks. Drafted from 4 (least favorite spot in draft):

QB: Romo, Tannehill

RB: Gurley, Langford, Crowell, Booker, Tevin Coleman, Dixon, Chris Johnson

WR: Brandon Marshall, Evans, Jordan Matthews, Shepard, Torrey Smith, Coates

TE: Fleener, Ebron, Green

K/D: Gould/LA

Looks like another top 50 team for me from the 8 spot...

QB: Stafford, Carr, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Rawls, Foster, D Henry, Crowell, Dion Lewis, Keith Marshall

WR: Hopkins, Nelson, Cooper, Benjamin, Periman, Devante Adams

TE: Julius Thomas, Eifert, Jimmy Graham

K: Hausch Money

D: Seahawks D

Now seriously bros... U can hate on me but this team is legit

Wow...... That's the $300k winner bro

First draft in couple weeks. Drafted from 4 (least favorite spot in draft):

QB: Romo, Tannehill

RB: Gurley, Langford, Crowell, Booker, Tevin Coleman, Dixon, Chris Johnson

WR: Brandon Marshall, Evans, Jordan Matthews, Shepard, Torrey Smith, Coates

TE: Fleener, Ebron, Green

K/D: Gould/LA

Seems solid. Although not really that strong in any area.   RB depth is pretty shaky after the 2. WR's while deep, Don't really have a WR1 on team.    Looks to me like  a middle of the pack sorta squad.  

This is 1 of the worst "zero RB" Teams posted. And how don't you cuff Rawls with Michael at this point.  

Rawls may not even play week 1.

Amateur hour.

This is 1 of the worst "zero RB" Teams posted. And how don't you cuff Rawls with Michael at this point.   Rawls may not even play week 1. Well played  

Amateur hour.  
Glad you don't like it.... Had you liked it I would be worried. Kiss the ring. All my teams were free this year. 

Glad you don't like it.... Had you liked it I would be worried. Kiss the ring. All my teams were free this year. 

Kiss what ring.  You've won crap haha. Great 2 top 100 teams last year.  WOW!! That's Amazing!! 

-said no one. 

Your teams are mediocre at best.  

Kiss what ring.  You've won crap haha. Great 2 top 100 teams last year.  WOW!! That's Amazing!! 

-said no one. 

Your teams are mediocre at best.  
Broski.... my track record speaks for itself. 

Lets keep the insults to a minimum and talk football. Amari Cooper at pick 3.08.... Yes please. Those TEs..... Hell ya.

Broski.... my track record speaks for itself. 

Lets keep the insults to a minimum and talk football. Amari Cooper at pick 3.08.... Yes please. Those TEs..... Hell ya.
How in the hell did the people you were drafting with allow you to get cooper at the end of the 3rd. Everything other than your RB's is great, you need lewis to come back from injury strong. Henry could be the X factor of your team. Overall i'd give this team an A. congrats

How in the hell did the people you were drafting with allow you to get cooper at the end of the 3rd. Everything other than your RB's is great, you need lewis to come back from injury strong. Henry could be the X factor of your team. Overall i'd give this team an A. congrats
Thanks! I was shocked he was there. He was someone I would even consider reaching for in the second I like him so much this year. I agree on the RBs. We picked Foster in the 6th and that pick we debated for some time and picked him with 2 seconds left. Im not sure about him, but we will see. I haven't been a fan of his in the past. Maybe I'll get something out of him this year. 

ImTheScientist said:

Running backs suck (except maybe Henry) but decent WRs although I hate Hopkins. Thinking this is a middle of the road type team.

Da Gildz said:
Seems solid. Although not really that strong in any area.   RB depth is pretty shaky after the 2. WR's while deep, Don't really have a WR1 on team.    Looks to me like  a middle of the pack sorta squad.  
I think Brandon Marshall is a steal in the mid second- far better then someone like Hopkins who is drafted almost a round higher. Take a look at this #'s from last year and you will see that on a PPR basis he was even with Julio Jones last year. 109 catches last year for 1,502 yards and 14 touchdowns with no real reason the numbers should decline this year. Redraft Ill take him WR1 all day long (dynasty maybe not)

Marshall had a career year last year at age 32.  Fitz also had a career year.  I don't see either guy coming near last year #'s.  Oh and their schedule is brutal.  Hopkins is 8 years younger , softer schedule and will continue to be a target monster.  I actually think there's a case to be made for Hopkins over Odell.  Dude had 192 targets last year.  That's insane,

Marshall had a career year last year at age 32.  Fitz also had a career year.  I don't see either guy coming near last year #'s.  Oh and their schedule is brutal.  Hopkins is 8 years younger , softer schedule and will continue to be a target monster.  I actually think there's a case to be made for Hopkins over Odell.  Dude had 192 targets last year.  That's insane,
So you do love my team.

Per Rappaport:

TE Tyler Eifert, who just started jogging, is targeting Weeks 4-6 for his return from ankle surgery, per source. 

Probably a rd 12 choice now IMO

Per Rappaport:

TE Tyler Eifert, who just started jogging, is targeting Weeks 4-6 for his return from ankle surgery, per source. 

Probably a rd 12 choice now IMO
I thought that timeline was expected and people were drafting him with the assumption he would miss 4-5 weeks........guess I don't consider that news but just rappaport regurgitating what people know. 

The finale. From the 12 hole 

QB: Bortles (10), Winston (15)

RB: Bell (1), CJA (3), Jennings (7), Deangelo (8), Booker (12), Kelly (18)

WR: Gordon (4), Floyd (5), Parker (6), T Smith (9), Matthews (11), Perriman (14), Rogers (16)

TE: Reed (2), Tye (13), Cameron (17)

K: Hauschka (20)

Def: NYJ (19)

Yes I took Gordon at 4.1.  F it.  Get me to 2-2!

WR: Gordon (4), Floyd (5), Parker (6), T Smith (9), Matthews (11), Perriman (14), Rogers (16)

Hey, You never Know

Funny thing in that I was debating Floyd at that spot but still get him 24 picks later.    Now if I reverse it, don't think Gordon lasts until 5.12.  Who knows.  

Worst team posted.

Did a midnite with the lefties loaded on vodka

2 hole

Ben, Stafford

David Johnson, Rawls, Matt Jones, Abdullah, Zenner, Kelley, Marshall

Hilton, Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Sheppard, Hogan, Boldin

Miller, Graham, Green

Santos

Zona

I thought that timeline was expected and people were drafting him with the assumption he would miss 4-5 weeks........guess I don't consider that news but just rappaport regurgitating what people know. 
Yea people including yourself were drafting him in rds 7/8 expecting him to miss 4-5 weeks.  

Yawn.

Did a midnite with the lefties loaded on vodka

2 hole

Ben, Stafford

David Johnson, Rawls, Matt Jones, Abdullah, Zenner, Kelley, Marshall

Hilton, Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Sheppard, Hogan, Boldin

Miller, Graham, Green

Santos

Zona

Don't like passing on those 2 WR's.  Pick 4 was giddy I'm sure.  Seems solid nonetheless.  You wanted that Skins backfield pretty badly huh? Lol.  Good luck 

People are drafting Bell in round one and he is missing 3 games and Josh Gordon in round 4 and he is missing 4 games. 8 seems about right for eifert.... 

They're also not hurt. 

And I'll still take Bell/Deangelo combo to be the #1 RB total end of year.  Maybe, maybe 2nd to DJ...

Gordon gave you a glimpse last night.  He's not lasting past 5 moving fwd.  I wasn't following the crowd at 12.  I'd rather be 11-0 or 0-11 then 5-6.  

GL 

First FPC draft of the year. From the 10 hole last night.

Have historically had good success with WR heavy teams, but felt like that was virtually everyone's strategy so often didn't like WR value.

Wilson (6)

Zeke (1), L. Miller (2), Hyde (5), J. White (11), McKinnon (12), J. Allen (13), K. Dixon (14)

Maclin (3), Moncrief (4), C. Coleman (9), R. Matthews (10), Pryor (15), D. Adams (16), Agholor (17)

Gates (7), Bennett (8), Hooper (19)

Vikings (18)

Given the WR weakness, I don't dislike it. Will be interesting to see how this squad fares.

QB- Luck

RB- Lacy, Forte, Vereen, Booker, Ware, Richard

WR- Julio, Hilton, Parker, Coleman, Wheaton, Eli rogers, Conley, Mitchell

Te- Fleener, J.Thomas, Mcdonald

Def- Seattle

K- Tucker

Thoughts??

From the 3 hole tonight. Complete opposite of WR heavy draft room from last night. 

Wilson (6)

Freeman (2), Hill (7), Henry (10), J. Allen (12), T. West(17), J. Williams (19)

OBJ (1), Cooks (3), Fitz (4), Jo. Brown (8), Diggs (9), Sanu (13), D. Adams (15)

Walker (5), Clay (11), M. Williams (14), J. James (16) 

Giants (18) 

Some Kicker (20)

From the 3 hole tonight. Complete opposite of WR heavy draft room from last night. 

Wilson (6)

Freeman (2), Hill (7), Henry (10), J. Allen (12), T. West(17), J. Williams (19)

OBJ (1), Cooks (3), Fitz (4), Jo. Brown (8), Diggs (9), Sanu (13), D. Adams (15)

Walker (5), Clay (11), M. Williams (14), J. James (16) 

Giants (18) 

Some Kicker (20)
I like this squad. Great draft bruh.

Couldn't resist doing one more before the start of the season. Went with a different strategy to try something new out. From the 10 spot.

QB- Brees, Dalton

RB- Doug Martin, Deangelo Williams, Crowell, Vereen, Chris Johnson, Morris, Rob Kelley

WR- Allen Robinson, Marshall, Maclin, Sanders, Hogan, Eli Rogers

TE- Ertz, Ebron, Gillmore (hopefully takes over BAL TE)

K/D Who cares

f upped and put on shark talk.

Please give some info; i.e., size of league, etc.

Footballguys $350 drafted today.  12 teams, PPR, 1 1/2 PPR for TE's.  The rest pretty standard.  Start 10, draft 20.

Starting from the 3 hole:

O. Beckman

A. Jeffrey

A. Cooper

Forte

L.Fitzgerald

Ryan Mathews

J. Hill

J. Cook(TE)

M. Thomas

J. Forsett

Z. Miller

Eli Manning

Won't bore you with the rest.  Thought I did good to a little better than that.  Really wanted M. Evans but he went at about 2.4 mark.  Also wanted McCoy, but was not to

f upped and put on shark talk.

Please give some info; i.e., size of league, etc.

Footballguys $350 drafted today.  12 teams, PPR, 1 1/2 PPR for TE's.  The rest pretty standard.  Start 10, draft 20.

Starting from the 3 hole:

O. Beckman

A. Jeffrey

A. Cooper

Forte

L.Fitzgerald

Ryan Mathews

J. Hill

J. Cook(TE)

M. Thomas

J. Forsett

Z. Miller

Eli Manning

Won't bore you with the rest.  Thought I did good to a little better than that.  Really wanted M. Evans but he went at about 2.4 mark.  Also wanted McCoy, but was not to
I think you left off a bunch of your team. Will help in analyzing

Users who are viewing this thread