What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, NE (1 Viewer)

I sat him for Sutton.....got about the same so no loss there but unfortunately, I faced a guy with Watson and Fuller....WTF!!!! Can't catch a break. 
I sat him and should've started Sutton Or Ridley I put in Watkins and had picked up Jarvis Landry (Yeah I know not sure why he was available) from waivers and have him going tonight. Unfortunately Sammy only pulled in 4 snaps. I went up against Watson and Theilen. The guy I was going against is one of our best so I was losing no matter what

I sat him also for Mecole Hardman but the guy I played would have beat me by 100 either way. Aaron Jones tore me a new one in both my leagues. 

We've hit rock bottom. 

Started Mclaurin over him in one league. Had to start him in another. I would have lost that league anyway but still. This is bad.

Worst bust I can recall that is not based on insanity or injury (to the player... a good portion of this is losing Ben... but I don't think all...).

I think I am gonna bench him and start WW fodder over him.  Not sure what else to do.  Anyone else have any ideas? 

Also a damn shame I took him on my M.E. team which would otherwise be a legitimate contender.  Hopefully AJ Green comes back who is on my bench... maybe that is our trade target if we can get him??? 

JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 1-of-4 targets for seven yards in the Steelers' Week 6 win over the Chargers.

JuJu showed off a beautiful stop-and-go on the Steelers’ first play from scrimmage, but was badly overthrown despite getting plenty of separation from stud Chargers CB Casey Hayward. The Steelers largely didn’t look Smith-Schuster’s way the rest of the evening. His first catch came with fewer than 13 minutes left in the game courtesy of a seven-yard slant. He was overthrown on a potential contested-catch opportunity in the end zone, but overall JuJu finished well behind James Conner (seven targets) in pass-game opportunities. The return of Mason Rudolph following the Steelers’ Week 7 bye should help JuJu’s fantasy stock a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I had enough WR depth with AJ Green coming back around week 4 and Antonio Brown, but now I apparently have 2 WR that will play, and the WW is picked bare so he goes out week after week. 

All the sites have Juju ranked a few spots ahead of Evans in dynasty. I was offered his Evans straight up for my Juju in PPR. Thinking I could at least get him to add more, though. Thoughts?
Maybe if the Evans owner has been sleeping under a rock since June...I'd want something added to Juju at this point, and I still believe in his long-term WR1 prospects.

Great time to buy low on JuJu in Dynasty. When Rudolph comes back JuJu’s stats will improve some so he’s at rock bottom now. He won’t have a 3rd string QB running the offense forever. 

Ben is back next year so buy now. 

All the sites have Juju ranked a few spots ahead of Evans in dynasty. I was offered his Evans straight up for my Juju in PPR. Thinking I could at least get him to add more, though. Thoughts?
I have juju and I wouldn't have been able to hit accept fast enough on that deal. And you want more than Evans? Not a chance.

irish eyes said:
I have juju and I wouldn't have been able to hit accept fast enough on that deal. And you want more than Evans? Not a chance.
I offered Evans and Conner for Juju and Ridley and got laughed at fwiw.

PPR dynasty 

Not sure why you were laughed at. Juju is doomed to 3 catches & 25 yards every game the rest of the season. I have him & would have been all over that offer.
Yeah... I was giving up a 2nd too.   :lol:

It's hard to trade in that league. I can maybe get a deal done if I rip myself off significantly, at least according to the trade calculators. 

Hmm....trying to gauge Juju's value right now.  Would you rate him higher than someone like John Brown of the Bills or lower?

Many of us are hanging on because of his play last year, name and/or current investment.  Trying to gauge value going forward, a plus is a good schedule after his bye with MIA, IND, CIN, AZ and CLE x2.  Cons include QB play, him getting WR1 coverage and more importantly, the uber conservative offensive game plan.  Cons seem to outweigh the Pros in his case.  Like Otis said, currently he is a JAG and depending on your league, may be WW fodder.  

JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 5-of-9 targets for 103 yards and one touchdown in the Steelers' 27-14, Week 8 win over the Dolphins.

It was easily his best game of the season and JuJu's first over 100 yards after averaging just over 56 yards per game Weeks 1-7. It wasn't easy by any means, as Smith-Schuster had to pluck an underthrown ball off the top of the defensive back's helmet to secure his acrobatic 26-yard touchdown. The Steelers really made a point to challenge the Dolphins down the field, taking multiple shots and playing aggressive. The Steelers host the big play-limiting Colts in Week 9. JuJu is a prime sell-high candidate in fantasy.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:38 PM ET

I still don't know what you would get for him. I'm just going to have to hope that they learned some chemistry between on the bye week. Need JuJu down the stretch.

JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 3-of-5 targets for 16 yards in the Steelers' Week 9 win over the Colts.

JuJu had a perfectly thrown deep ball slip through his hands thanks to tight coverage on the Steelers’ first possession. He then ended the drive by letting another well-thrown pass bounce off his hands and into a defender’s lap. The Steelers largely refrained from getting their No. 1 WR involved for the rest of the game, as Mason Rudolph mostly just checked the ball down to Jaylen Samuels (13 targets). JuJu has offered WR2 fantasy value more weeks than not with Rudolph under center, but these types of duds are unfortunately in his range of outcomes without Big Ben under center. Hopefully Smith-Schuster’s slot-heavy role will help him avoid Jalen Ramsey’s shadow in Week 10.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:59 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread