What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, NE (2 Viewers)

JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) is questionable for the Steelers' Week 10 matchup against the Bengals.

JuJu dealt with a toe injury earlier in the season and may have re-aggravated the issue. Ryan Switzer would likely work as the offense's primary slot WR if Smith-Schuster is ultimately sidelined, but Diontae Johnson and James Washington would likely see the biggest target boosts. Still, every pass catcher involved in this offense holds a low floor with Jaylen Samuels (13 targets in Week 9) largely functioning as Mason Rudolph's primary target.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:04 PM ET

JuJu Smith-Schuster (questionable, toe) is expected to play Week 10 against the Rams.

Smith-Schuster was a late addition to the injury report, earning the questionable label after being downgraded to limited participation at Friday's practice. Luckily, the toe injury won't be enough to sideline him Sunday against Los Angeles. Jalen Ramsey's presence could potentially pose a threat to his Week 10 production, though JuJu—who has lined up in the slot on nearly 61 percent of his snaps this year—figures to avoid shadow coverage.

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter

Nov 10, 2019, 10:57 AM ET

What to do with this guy in dynasty?  That may be his QB, and his offense, of the future. 
You may be able to pull some dynasty shenanigans with an owner who thinks this season is an abberation, but this is the lowest his value has ever been. He is still probably a dynasty hold util you can parlay into some higher value piece.

It is hard to watch how limited JuJu is without Ben R....   I may bench him and hope Rudolph develops some chemistry with him for the FFL playoffs...

Anyone starting him tomorrow?

Might bench him for Sanu.  He's just awful for fantasy purposes.
Nope. Flexing out for Ronald jones in one league but it doesn’t matter as that team is relegated to spoiler status thanks to him and Kamara (man I thought I was the league favorite draft day LOL!)

But the other team I have him, I’m flexing out for Brian Hill. Diggs and Chark are my WRs.

JuJu Smith-Schuster was forced from Thursday's game against the Browns with a concussion and will not return.

Smith-Schuster took not one, but two helmet shots trying to haul in a second quarter reception and immediately went down in a heap. The medical team had the backboard ready, but Smith-Schuster was eventually able to head to the locker room with assistance. Smith-Schuster did not appear well. It's a concerning development for a player who spent some time in the concussion protocol in 2017. The Steelers will finish out the evening with James Washingon, Diontae Johnson and Johnny Holton as their top-three receivers.
Even with 10 days to beat the protocol he had the look of a guy who's missing a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Had to start him in a must win game, as my WR3. (and I benched him in another start 3 WRs league)

He has been brutal this season, and Ben going down in week 1 is likely 90% of it considering his volume has been down as well.

Hopefully he is just fine..... but maybe now we can finally just cut him and let someone else have this weekly headache.

TZM

The injury stunk

But I saw something different than you guys.  5 targets in a little over a quarter - which was a designed effort to get him the ball.  I was encouraged by what I saw.

And the next three are verse the bengals, browns and cardinals.

5 targets in a little over a quarter
Who else was Rudolph going to target?  When JuJu and Washington were in the lineup at the same time, Mason focused on JuJu.  With the RB corps failing, Mason has to throw the ball to someone.  When JuJu left, Washington got all of the targets.  The opportunity will be there when he clears protocol, but that offense is extremely one dimensional now.  I'm not sure I'd rely on anyone, regardless of the matchup.

Who else was Rudolph going to target?  When JuJu and Washington were in the lineup at the same time, Mason focused on JuJu.  With the RB corps failing, Mason has to throw the ball to someone.  When JuJu left, Washington got all of the targets.  The opportunity will be there when he clears protocol, but that offense is extremely one dimensional now.  I'm not sure I'd rely on anyone, regardless of the matchup.
I am not sure that is a criticism  of my point - sounds like you are making my point for me.  I see Juju as a legit WR2/3 going forward.

I am not sure that is a criticism  of my point - sounds like you are making my point for me.  I see Juju as a legit WR2/3 going forward.
Just adding my own 2cents, if anything.  I think JuJu's targets were due to circumstance - no one else to throw to at the time.  But Mason as a QB is horrible.  I'd probably put JuJu as a WR4 at most.  He may get targets, but there is no telling if the ball will be catchable.  Not to mention he'll draw the top CB of the opposing team in the matchup.  Not a recipie for success, and no one I'd have on my team.  

Thinking of just dropping him at this point. Don't know when he'll return and when he does, it's not exactly a high flying offense he's coming back to. 

Yea I took him in 2 of 3 leagues I'm in and I've reached the point where I'm going to drop.....the Steelers offense is a dumpster fire.

3rd documented concussion since 2017.  once he gets a 4th concussion he enters very dangerous territory  

Thinking this guy is outright cuttable in re-draft. (and that's saying something, I generally play in mandatory start 3WRs leagues)

I actually felt this way after week 9, but I hate dropping these 1st round-ish talent guys unless I'm absolutely certain they are truly a waste.

The shark move would have been to try and trade him directly after week 1 - 2 with Ben's injury. In retrospect, had we gotten say 80 cents on the dollar it would have been a great maneuver.

I figured his upside to be essentially capped with Ben gone, but he has essentially sunk teams.

Once we determine some of the others in the next few weeks, JuJu is sure to be on any TOP 10 FANTASY BUST lists for 2019.

TZM

I moved D Henry and a 2020 3rd for Juju and a late 2020 1st. I think better days are ahead when Ben comes back and I think the Steelers organization does better than Rudolph to replace him. He is 22.

I moved D Henry and a 2020 3rd for Juju and a late 2020 1st. I think better days are ahead when Ben comes back and I think the Steelers organization does better than Rudolph to replace him. He is 22.
Agreed 100%. Bright prospect in dynasty. Re-draft garbage this season. (If you are trying to get WR1numbers from him anyway, which is what you drafted. He is a low end WR3 at best)

But it's looking like he has brought most redraft teams to their knees this year.  He may or may not even play this coming week, and I am just flat cutting him in at least one league.

You can likely stream WR3s with better success than what you get here.  The whole offense is now a wasteland due to the fights/suspensions/concussions the other night, and it may be a couple weeks before we even see where we can get anything dependable. Possibly some meager RB numbers........

TZM

JuJu Smith-Schuster (concussion, knee) entered the league's protocol.

Smith-Schuster was also spotted wearing a bulky knee brace earlier in the week. Officially 'uncertain' for Sunday's divisional tilt against the Bengals, fantasy players should have another receiving option on standby. With Diontae Johnson (concussion) also in the league's protocol, the Steelers could be forced to lean on James Washington and Johnny Holton as their primary wideouts in Week 12.

SOURCE: Gerry Dulac on Twitter

Nov 19, 2019, 12:25 PM ET

Been considering it, but just can’t get myself to do it. WR is one spot I’m hurting at and just worried he busts out after I drop him.  
Debating on dropping him or McLaurin?  Leaning on dropping JuJu as at lease McLaurin (as far as I know) is healthy.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee, concussion) is not expected to play Week 12 against the Bengals.

JuJu's knee injury isn't serious, but that coupled with the concussion is expected to be too much to overcome in one week. With Diontae Johnson (concussion) also ailing, the Steelers may be left with James Washington, Johnny Holton, Tevin Jones, and Deon Cain at wideout for Mason Rudolph.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 2:14 PM ET

hadn't really thought about it, but having a hard time figuring out who to cut this week in order to make another move and now Juju definitely needs to be in that mix.

Rotoworld:

JuJu Smith-Schuster (concussion) has been ruled out for the Steelers' Week 12 matchup against the Bengals.

Look for James Washington, Johnny Holton and Dionte Johnson to work in 3-WR sets. The Steelers have a pristine matchup against the Bengals' 31st-ranked defense in pass DVOA. Still, the Steelers are one of just seven teams that has fed a player at least 10 targets in a single game on two or fewer occasions this season. The two instances featured Jaylen Samuels and Donte Moncrief (lol). Mason has averaged fewer than 6.5 yards per attempt in three consecutive games.

SOURCE: Brooke Pryor on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 2:22 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread