What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, NE (1 Viewer)

I didn't think that JuJu knew he was taunting an injured player. I think he thought he just cleaned his clock on a good block.

Whatever, the team will pay his fine and they'll be fine with Bryant as WR2 for the next week or so.  

I think it’ll be a game but not guaranteed. I do think the guy laying on the field comes into it. There’s gotta be guys in the office who are tired of Burficts antics as well and think its about time.

Bayhawks said:
FYP.

There is no evidence of premeditation, you're making that up, AFAIK. 

There is no revenge; Burfict never hit JuJu with anything dirty & JuJu wasn't on the team when Burfict hit Brown, Bell, Roethlisberger.  If you want to call it revenge for Burfict kicking the Steeler in the earlier game this year (can't remember which player it was), that's really weak.

JuJu has NO history, and based on how the league has handled these incidents in the past (most notably with Burfict himself), first-time offenses aren't always suspensions.  Besides, how do we know Burfict wasn't faking?  I mean, even if he is medically diagnosed with a concussion, even if he misses the next game (even if it's a playoff game), he could still be faking, right?  Maybe a Steeler can claim that saw him wink after the hit?
Who needs a wink?  He rolled over, reached out and tried to trip JuJu when he was walking away. Then, NBC's on-field reporter said that once they reached the locker room, Burfict was jumping up and down shouting, "I told you I'm OK." 

Clean or dirty hit aside - it will give Juju huge points in that locker room with the other Steeler players.  Kinda like when we saw Juju in on all the TD celebrations a few weeks ago and I said he's "one of the guys now" - that hit just solidifies that for me.

Clean or dirty hit aside - it will give Juju huge points in that locker room with the other Steeler players.  Kinda like when we saw Juju in on all the TD celebrations a few weeks ago and I said he's "one of the guys now" - that hit just solidifies that for me.
Doing it the AFC North Way!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think that JuJu knew he was taunting an injured player. I think he thought he just cleaned his clock on a good block.

Whatever, the team will pay his fine and they'll be fine with Bryant as WR2 for the next week or so.  
I agree with this.  It didn't look good standing over him, but I don't think he realized he was hurt initially.  JuJu is a known fierce blocker from college and he was leading with his shoulder on the play.  I'm simply not seeing the outrage.  I can understand some thinking it's a dirty hit, but I've seen worse for sure that didn't even draw flags and I think he was just trying to level the guy really hard, not take his head off.

his fantasy role looks like ####, unless it was the matchup.  All he ran were out flare routes from the slot.  martavis coming back has killed it

his fantasy role looks like ####, unless it was the matchup.  All he ran were out flare routes from the slot.  martavis coming back has killed it
Juju is a rookie.  Very few rookies are totally established WR1 or WR2 players.  In the .5 PPR 12 team league I am, Juju is currently the #32 receiver.  For redraft, I'm looking for something more consistent if I can find it, but there's not a lot left to be found.  Like many WR3, he should have a decent floor and high ceiling potential.

go away?  i'm not trolling, i'm providing my insight.  with martavis lining up on the outside and Ben zeroing in on AB, his floor is very low and his ceiling is not 30 like i thought it might be.  He is used as a blocker a ton and he ran very short routes that were like the 4th read for Ben.  Maybe its his hammy.  I'm not saying he's not good or won't be, but i would not want to be starting him this year.

love the kid - 21 and blocking like Hines Ward and laying out dirty defensive players for this teammates

bright future for him

Had to roll with Diggs over JuJu due to the GTD.  Have a feeling JuJu is going to have a big game today 

JuJu Smith-Schuster caught all six of his targets for 114 yards in the Steelers' Week 15 loss to the Patriots.

Smith-Schuster was on his way to a disappointing fantasy day, especially considering Antonio Brown left in the second quarter, but that changed when he got loose for a 69-yard catch-and-run with less than a minute left in the game. The rookie looked like he had set Pittsburgh up to at least send the game to overtime, but Ben Roethlisberger threw a pick in the end zone to end it. With Brown out for the rest of the regular season, Smith-Schuster and Martavis Bryant will take over as the primary options in the passing game. With a great matchup against the Texans on Christmas Day, Smith-Schuster will be an upside WR2 for the fantasy Super Bowl.

Dec 17 - 8:21 PM

I’m really tempted to start him next week but benching Hopkins and Julio Jones will be difficult to do. I could start him over K. Allen in my flex spot.

Tex

I’m really tempted to start him next week but benching Hopkins and Julio Jones will be difficult to do. I could start him over K. Allen in my flex spot.

Tex
Wow that's tough I could see him out scoring 2/3 of those guys.  With no Brown next week he's going to explode!  

Tex
I can see starting him over JJ too.

I'll have to start him with Adams likely out now.

I can see starting him over JJ too.

I'll have to start him with Adams likely out now.
I’m really tempted and just might pull the trigger. I will take a closer look at the matchups and decide this weekend. This is the Championship game and my opponent has a good team as he finished the season as the #2 seed and I finished #1 so this game is going to come down to choosing the right lineup. Rarely do the #1 seed face the #2 seed in the Championship.

Tex

Tex
Love Juju next week but no way could I bench him over Hopkins or Julio. First, Hopkins has been a season-long stud who is proven matchup proof. And Julio is Julio.

Allen? Maybe but that's tough too since Allen could catch 10+ balls on any given game. 

But with Brown out and a dreamy matchup I'm gonna be real disappointed if Juju doesn't get 20+ in PPR.  

I’m really tempted and just might pull the trigger. I will take a closer look at the matchups and decide this weekend. This is the Championship game and my opponent has a good team as he finished the season as the #2 seed and I finished #1 so this game is going to come down to choosing the right lineup. Rarely do the #1 seed face the #2 seed in the Championship.

Tex
Same here. I am the #1 & will be facing the #2 so I have to choose right!

Lots of choices to fill that WR #2 spot this week. JuJu is high on the list since Big Ben has become the QB as I lost Wentz. Other choices include: big play T Hill, R Woods, or (gulp) M Evans. Leaning Hill, but might go JuJu as the week progresses. I think JuJu is ranked right along with all of the aforementioned in week 16. Mid to High end WR #2 guys with WR #1 upside.

Lots of choices to fill that WR #2 spot this week. JuJu is high on the list since Big Ben has become the QB as I lost Wentz. Other choices include: big play T Hill, R Woods, or (gulp) M Evans. Leaning Hill, but might go JuJu as the week progresses. I think JuJu is ranked right along with all of the aforementioned in week 16. Mid to High end WR #2 guys with WR #1 upside.
I have to decide between Juju, Mike Evans, Hill, Fournette, Goodwin, and Keelan Cole for 3 spots. Right now I have Evans, Hill, Juju. Not feeling great about it.

My choice is JuJu over Theilen or Mark Ingram. Hate to do it over either, but leaning over Theilen. JuJu is gonna go off.
My fear is it looks almost too good on paper...Monday game, great match-up, no Brown...championships on the line...good or bad JuJu has a chance to make or break some hearts...

Will start Ju Ju and Thielen and send B Cooks to the pine.
Ju Ju and Theilen and send T Hill to the bench is my strong scenario as well. Hill does make a big play here and there, while Ju Ju is going to be more heavily involved as more of a consistent receiver, unless PIT blows them out? Still 3 1/2 quarters PIT will keep going hard then L Bell. Cooks for you - hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. Ju Ju could be the one who wins or loses a championship this year?

If Julio is not healthy then I’m going with JuJu and Hopkins BUT ..........I want to start him so badly. Time to dive into the numbers and CB vs WR matchups that’s what I’m really on besides Julio being healthy or not.

Tex

Don't want to tempt fate, but this was a fun thread to revisit.

Youngest WR in the top 20 dynasty WRs here:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-wr.php

I feel like this list looks pretty fluid. Not a world of separation between most of the guys in the top 10-15. You've got your aging mega stars like Brown, Green, and Julio, and then some younger guys who probably aren't quite that talented. Can definitely see a case for someone like JuJu being valued on par with people like Allen, M Thomas, and Adams. Don't really think that group has more talent than him. Think he's headed for a strong career if his health and focus stay sharp. Somewhere in the range of Crabtree---Boldin--Demaryius in terms of what he looks like. Real deal. Great player to own in dynasty.

Shuster has skills and will put up some numbers no doubt...but with Brown and Bell around how much will be left over?

Users who are viewing this thread