What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, NE (3 Viewers)

Shuster has skills and will put up some numbers no doubt...but with Brown and Bell around how much will be left over?
65/1000/8 - 213 PPR, add 7 points for 70 yards of end arounds for 220 PPR, 13.75 PPR PPG. Year 3 jump to 250-260 PPR. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuster has skills and will put up some numbers no doubt...but with Brown and Bell around how much will be left over?
From a dynasty standpoint, JuJu is 21 and Brown is 30. Maybe Brown will be one of those guys like Steve Smith who plays great into his 30s, but it's not something I'd count on. Besides, JuJu already showed last year that he can get his.

In dynasty, I'd rather have a really good player who isn't his team's clear #1 than a less talented guy who is in a great situation. The situations change quickly, but a talented player will usually stay good for a while.

JuJu Smith-Schuster projected to be top 20 fantasy receiver

Excerpt:

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster is projected to rank 20th in fantasy points among wide receivers this year. 

WHAT IT MEANS:

Our models project Smith-Schuster to score 137.6 fantasy points this season (8.6 points per game). 

Smith-Schuster is projected to catch 66.6 passes for 861.9 yards and 8.5 touchdowns. He caught 58 passes for 917 yards and seven touchdowns as a rookie last season. 

Source: numberFire

Lots of shootouts for PIT and Brown distracting defenses = big year for JuJu apparently. 

240 yards after 2 weeks. That pace is sure to drop, but you have to like these numbers. 

Lots of shootouts for PIT and Brown distracting defenses = big year for JuJu apparently. 

240 yards after 2 weeks. That pace is sure to drop, but you have to like these numbers. 
Yes, you do.  He should have another banner day against the porous Tampa secondary in Week 3.   

AB's pretty frustrated that he's not getting his usual touches, but there's another mouth to feed in the passing game now.  

Kid is 21 years old putting up incredible numbers to start his career.  There's no need to overthink it, he is a stud and a top 15 WR in dynasty.  Will be considered top 10 next year assuming no injuries.

I'm not sure there are many better WR1 numbers out there, really. Guy dropped 18.6 in standard and 24.60 in PPR (.5) yesterday. That's a day.  He's certainly worth his ADP so far. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR -  Steelers

JuJu Smith-Schuster (abdomen) didn't practice on Wednesday.

It's possible, if not likely, that Smith-Schuster is just getting a breather following Monday night's win over Tampa Bay. After leading all rookies in receiving yards last season, JuJu has been even better this year, topping 100 yards in each of his three contests. Assuming this is only a minor setback for Smith-Schuster, the former USC Trojan will be a borderline WR1 Sunday night when the Steelers host Baltimore.

Source: steelers.com 

Sep 26 - 4:46 PM

Juju is really hard to value in dynasty for me.

He's 21 years old, putting up WR1 numbers and is definitely talented... which makes me want to put him in the top 10 dynasty players as a "cornerstone" type of guy to build around.

Then I look at the other side of it from a long term Dynasty point of view.  He's benefiting from defensive focus on Brown, and is running almost all of his routes from the slot.  His QB is also 36 years old and has mentioned retirement, and Brown is also 30 years old though showing no signs of slowing down.  Should I care that he is 21 if the situation in terms of QB and having Brown taking away defensive attention is sure to change by the time he is 25?  Is he so talented that he will retain his value after Ben and Brown decline or move on?  Can he produce the same type of elite numbers if he's playing out wide vs the slot?  I have some concern in the back of my mind that he's a rich man's Tyler Boyd in the way that he's not really a deep threat and I'm concerned about his ability to separate from elite CBs when he is the primary focus of the defense.  He kills it on underneath routes and has great after the catch skills, but what happens if the defense takes that away?

So... I really really like JuJu, but I think I'm probably selling if I can get a "safer" top 15 type of player in return.

Where are you ranking JuJu in Dynasty?

JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 3-of-5 targets for 90 yards and a touchdown in the Steelers' Week 10 win over the Panthers, adding a 13-yard reception.

Smith-Schuster scored a 75-yard touchdown on the Steelers' first play from scrimmage. James Bradberry got confused in coverage and Smith-Schuster exploded down the left sideline. He didn't do much thereafter as Ben Roethlisberger spread the ball around on a night where he posted a perfect quarterback rating, but the damage was already done. The sledding will be tougher in Week 11 against the Jaguars.

Nov 8 - 11:30 PM

xrayveggin said:
Juju dropped a very well placed 9yd fade for a TD late in game - well defended, but should have been caught. 
Well defended and "could of" refers to was the arm bare in there not allowing him to catch it?

Zyphros said:
As a dynasty asset, he has officially passed AB for me.  
Wow. From your mouth to the spaghetti monster's ears!

in the one dynasty league where I own JuJu I’m desperate for a true top 10 WR. Would be great if he’s actually that guy. 

I really hope JuJu is a top WR relied on weekly. My 10 team keeper league I'm desperate for some talent. I ended up keeping both Wentz/Rodgers (Keep 4) do to Wentz injury and being younger and wanted a good QB I could rely on. Plus the offers I was getting for Rodgers weren't anything I'd pull the trigger on. I got those two RBs of Tevin Coleman, Micheal, M Gordon and Doug Martin and WR Jeffrey, JuJu, Kirk, Tre-Quan Smith and Miller from Chi and Gronk at TE. Gronk is at that stage I might move on from him as in a 4 keeper league he's just not the automatic must have anymore. I haven't had a big time WR since Jordy Nelson and I was an idiot who trade Nuke Hopkins for DeSean Jackson during Hopkins ROY before he played a game. 

Can't beleive I only have him in 1 dynasty league (drafted @ 2.14)

One league I drafted Kizer ar 2.14 and he went at 3.01  :X   :X

One league I drafted Kizer ar 2.09 and he went at 2.13  :X   :X

The other two leagues I never had a shot at him (unless I would have traded up, which I may have tried to)

I don't want to break out the champagne just yet, but it's a sweet, sweet feeling in dynasty when you go all-in on a player and he repays your faith in droves. I have him in all five of my dynasty leagues and he's been a massive contributor this season. I can honestly say that I never understood what changed from his sophomore to junior season at USC to cause the draft community to drop him from a consensus first round talent to a late 2nd round pick in the actual draft. I said at the time he was a steal and in this case I got it right. As a long-time Pac-12 watcher, I always felt he was one of the best WR prospects to come out of the league in a long time.

I think he may face some adversity in the future when AB and Ben begin to decline, but all the same you have to be thrilled with what you're seeing. He's like the hybrid of Demaryius Thomas and Anquan Boldin. Has the same deceptive speed/quickness as DT packed onto the monster frame, yet some of the possession chain-mover qualities of Boldin. Should be a perennial 1000 yard guy as long as health permits.

I can honestly say that I drafted JuJu in my dynasty league based solely on EBF’s analysis. Great call dude! I didn’t know much about him until EBF was hyping him in college. 

• Smile
Reactions: EBF
I don't want to break out the champagne just yet, but it's a sweet, sweet feeling in dynasty when you go all-in on a player and he repays your faith in droves. I have him in all five of my dynasty leagues and he's been a massive contributor this season. I can honestly say that I never understood what changed from his sophomore to junior season at USC to cause the draft community to drop him from a consensus first round talent to a late 2nd round pick in the actual draft. I said at the time he was a steal and in this case I got it right. As a long-time Pac-12 watcher, I always felt he was one of the best WR prospects to come out of the league in a long time.

I think he may face some adversity in the future when AB and Ben begin to decline, but all the same you have to be thrilled with what you're seeing. He's like the hybrid of Demaryius Thomas and Anquan Boldin. Has the same deceptive speed/quickness as DT packed onto the monster frame, yet some of the possession chain-mover qualities of Boldin. Should be a perennial 1000 yard guy as long as health permits.
I'll eat crow I didn't see him as anything special coming from USC given their track record with Skill position players recently. Wished my Eagles took him instead of Sidney can't stay healthy Jones. 

I'll eat crow I didn't see him as anything special coming from USC given their track record with Skill position players recently. Wished my Eagles took him instead of Sidney can't stay healthy Jones. 
I don't remember the draft order. Could they have had Juju? Ugh....

That and passing up Hunt too. Damn...

JuJu Smith-Schuster hauled in 8-of-12 targets for 130 yards and two touchdowns in the Steelers' Week 14 loss to the Raiders.

Smith-Schuster was the only Steeler who met expectations in the loss, and his best catch of the game came just before halftime. On third-and-goal from the one, Smith-Schuster tipped a high pass into the air at the back of the end zone, caught the pass on the way down, and somehow tapped both toes down for the touchdown. He was mostly shut down along with the rest of the offense with Josh Dobbs at quarterback for most of the second half, but that immediately changed once Ben Roethlisberger returned. Ben missed Smith-Schuster for what should have been a long touchdown, but he made it up to him with a one-yard score to give Pittsburgh back the lead. After the Raiders retook the lead, JuJu took a hook-and-lateral 43 yards to set up what should have been a game-tying field goal, but it was missed. Smith-Schuster now has four touchdowns in his last five games and at least 90 yards in four of those contests. He will be a borderline WR1 next week against the Patriots.

Dec 9 - 7:39 PM

Tweaked groin in practice today. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster (groin) was downgraded to limited participation at Thursday's practice.

Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

Tweaked groin in practice today. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster (groin) was downgraded to limited participation at Thursday's practice.

Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter
Later game too (afternoon)

At least Lockett plays Sunday night so I can make the switch. I may make that switch anyways with Baldwin banged up and Seattle needing to keep up with KC

No practice today so if you were not worried before I think it’s time. Only positive is both AB and Washington think he plays, no idea what JuJu thinks because they won’t allow him to be interviewed today.

was hoping he would play but even if he does how effective will he be? I have Lockett and at this point I like a healthy Lockett better than a lame JuJu

As a Big Ben owner, I am really concerned.  Playing the MacDonald owner in the final (he has Mahomes and Gurley too), so I need that volume to go to Juju.

Have Odell and JuJu. Playing in the finals, but without my wingmen. 

:(
Lost AJ Green, Emanual Sanders and now possibly JuJu. Hoping he can play but I'm worried about how effective he'll be if he does. Just too many unknowns for my liking. In the championship game can't afford to risk a zero. If he does play, what are the expectations? Or it better to roll out the likes of Daeshawn Hamilton or Foster?

Lost AJ Green, Emanual Sanders and now possibly JuJu. Hoping he can play but I'm worried about how effective he'll be if he does. Just too many unknowns for my liking. In the championship game can't afford to risk a zero. If he does play, what are the expectations? Or it better to roll out the likes of Daeshawn Hamilton or Foster?
Jeez. As for the bolded, talk about limping into the finals from an otherwise great draft. I don't know what to tell you. I've got Moore in Seattle and Gallup in Dallas as back-ups. 

Sucks. This game is about luck sometimes.   

Jeez. As for the bolded, talk about limping into the finals from an otherwise great draft. I don't know what to tell you. I've got Moore in Seattle and Gallup in Dallas as back-ups. 

Sucks. This game is about luck sometimes.   
Keep 3 from the year before so I hope I'm alright with Luck, Kamara and Barkely as a core. But WRs are a patchwork right now. Picked up and starting Robbie Anderson at one spot. Really need JuJu to go and be full-strength. Hoping we get some clarity before Sunday's game. I'm favored in my matchup so I may play it safe with the likes of Hamilton in PPR league. But if I need the upside I'd probably take a chance on Smith-Schuster. Just can't risk him putting up a zero by either being a decoy or reaggravating the injury mid-game.

Precautionary tweak or more is the question? Will JuJu be JuJu or not?

He's certainly fallen in the ranks this week. He could be good to go?

Users who are viewing this thread