Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB DeAndre Washington, Dolphins


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I have Pryor in my lineup but I am deciding between Washington and enunwa who is questionable

I keep staring at Enunwa on my waiver wire but i have no room for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Jalen and DeAndre have looked good.  I think DeAndre is the better back overall and will get more of the carries, but it could be the hot hand.  I like DeAndre better in PPR in any case.  He passed the eye test in pre-season and has gotten more touches each week in regular season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reps and rushing production has been split right down the line between DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/10/07/raiders-rb-latavius-murray-wont-play-vs-chargers/

 

Quote

 

Murray, who has 172 yards on 40 carries with three touchdowns, has played 146 out of 273 offensive snaps — more than rookies DeAndre Washington (51 snaps) and Jalen Richard (54) combined.

However, after accounting for more than 70 percent of the Raiders rushing yards a year ago while playing all 16 games, Murray has just 33.9 percent or the yardage this season as Washington (147 yards) and Richard (144 yards) have given the Raiders much-needed depth.

 

 

But that is not all, it sounds like another back is in the mix from Vic Tafur.

No sign of Murray (foot) at practice. Looks like three-headed monster of Washington, Richard and Olawale Sunday. #Raiders

I don't know a thing about Olawale but it seems that Latavius Murray is starting and getting the bulk of carries because he excels at pass-pro over the two rookie backs so maybe Olwale is better at picking up the blitz.

Quote

 

Besides giving the backfield a power element, Murray is a more experienced and physical pass blocker.

“Latavius is the smartest one we have in terms of pass protection,” offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said. “He really works at it. He’s in there with the O-line, day in and day out, working (offensive line) coach (Mike) Tice.”

Musgrave said the rookie backs have “fallen in line” with Murray in terms of being pass blockers. When Del Rio was asked about the pass blocking ability of Washington and Richard, he said “pretty good” without elaboration.

 

 

Rookie RBs tend to take at least a half a season before they learn pass-pro well enough that coaches trust them on obvious passing downs as pass protectors.  Hopefully one of the rookies steps up his pass-pro game so we get separation and one of them challenges Murray for the starting role or becomes the primary backup because this situation is muddled.  

FWIW Matt Waldman favors Jalen Richard by a wide margin as a superior runner between the tackles but it looks like whoever shows better pass protection will get more rep going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, az_prof said:

Both Jalen and DeAndre have looked good.  I think DeAndre is the better back overall and will get more of the carries, but it could be the hot hand.  I like DeAndre better in PPR in any case.  He passed the eye test in pre-season and has gotten more touches each week in regular season.

I think we are going to see a lot of DeAndre Washington.  Richard had that 75 yard run against the Saints to open the season.  In the last three, Washington has more rushing yards than Murray. I'm expecting 80 yards, a TD and a couple of receptions.  I'm starting him where I have him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really liked DeAndre from what I saw In the preseason. He was a guy I kept my eye on as I felt Oak could be a place where someone else had the potential to emerge. I grabbed him as soon as the news broke about the Latavius toe injury. But I just dealt him. I'm not sure if I should be happy because I really wanted to see this kid in action, but felt that, at best, this would continue to be a RBBC.

For those who have him, might want to get some feelers out there. A lot of teams are desperate for RB help and guys are holding onyo whatever they have at RB because there isn't much quality RB talent available it seems.

I ended up moving DeAndre and Will Fuller for DeAngelo and Amari. DeAngelo was basically to make it an even 2 for 2 although I do have Le'Veon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tommy Collins said:

I really liked DeAndre from what I saw In the preseason. He was a guy I kept my eye on as I felt Oak could be a place where someone else had the potential to emerge. I grabbed him as soon as the news broke about the Latavius toe injury. But I just dealt him. I'm not sure if I should be happy because I really wanted to see this kid in action, but felt that, at best, this would continue to be a RBBC.

For those who have him, might want to get some feelers out there. A lot of teams are desperate for RB help and guys are holding onyo whatever they have at RB because there isn't much quality RB talent available it seems.

I ended up moving DeAndre and Will Fuller for DeAngelo and Amari. DeAngelo was basically to make it an even 2 for 2 although I do have Le'Veon.

I like that deal did you but could absolutely see you hating yourself for doing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I like that deal did you but could absolutely see you hating yourself for doing it

Yep, and I'm #1 in points scored (usually at the top but always get edged out last week of season, it's $$$ in my league). So it's always risky to make a move when you're doing well. I did immediately pick up Jalen Richard though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I've seen of them so far, I think Richard > Washington >>> Murray. 

But Murray has the team's trust when it comes to pass pro. And DWash looks to get the first crack at being the hot hand tomorrow against a weak rush D.

Picked up DWash and am starting him tomorrow with Richard still available on the wire, but have a sneaky suspicion that Richard is going to steal the show. That dude is just electric.

But DWash is fast, powerful and catch, so he may run wild before Richard even gets a chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LawFitz said:

From what I've seen of them so far, I think Richard > Washington >>> Murray. 

But Murray has the team's trust when it comes to pass pro. And DWash looks to get the first crack at being the hot hand tomorrow against a weak rush D.

Picked up DWash and am starting him tomorrow with Richard still available on the wire, but have a sneaky suspicion that Richard is going to steal the show. That dude is just electric.

But DWash is fast, powerful and catch, so he may run wild before Richard even gets a chance. 

Have similar thoughts and no room to pick up Richard too to hedge my bet.

We know how toes can be with RBs, so this is a good situation to pay attention to.

Not sure i will start him over Forte at flex (McCoy and Lacy at RB) but its tempting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have Washington in 2 dynasty leagues, and Richard in zero. Richard looked better, though I do like that they still used Washington in the 3rd quarter and he had a bit of success. In the short term this is a tough situation for owners as there are 3-4 guys getting touches, and it seems like they are in no hurry at all to feature one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, jacobo_moses said:

So with how Deandre played at the end of the year. If Murray moves on. Could this be a DW60%/ J.Richard 40% backfield next year?

Good question. I would like to hear what Raiders fans think about this as I really am not sure. I think both players are about the same in terms of talent level although they have different strengths and weakness that compliment each other.

If Murray isn't back there still could be a new RB added through the draft or free agency. I don't see either as a lock to be the lead RB in 2017.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Good question. I would like to hear what Raiders fans think about this as I really am not sure. I think both players are about the same in terms of talent level although they have different strengths and weakness that compliment each other.

If Murray isn't back there still could be a new RB added through the draft or free agency. I don't see either as a lock to be the lead RB in 2017.

 

my EYES told me that Richard is the better of the two. Power plus quickness plus explosion. He was exciting every time he touched the ball...or at least I was excited since he added a nice spark.

 

my 2 cents having watched every Raider game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, joey said:

 

my EYES told me that Richard is the better of the two. Power plus quickness plus explosion. He was exciting every time he touched the ball...or at least I was excited since he added a nice spark.

 

my 2 cents having watched every Raider game.

Do you think Richard will be the lead RB (60% or more of the snaps and RB opportunities) in 2017? Or will another RB be added or Murray retained, and them splitting 3 ways again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jacobo_moses said:

So with how Deandre played at the end of the year. If Murray moves on. Could this be a DW60%/ J.Richard 40% backfield next year?

Their RB's accounted for just 365 carries and 79 catches last year, so I think they will roll with them and make a very low end FA pickup and/or late draft pick again.  In my mind, Richard is the better player of the guys they currently have.  Making a concerted effort to get him the ball 250-300 times should be priority as long as there's a solid fallback in case he wears out. DW would be a great first crack at the fallback.

The guy I'd like to see them get is Benny Cunningham.  He's a UFA so should be easy to sign and he may be ready to get out from behind Gurley.  Dude can play, and his skill set is very similar to JR and DW.  It would be a complete mix-and-match and we wouldn't be giving any clues with personnel.  If JR and DW don't progress I'd feel fine giving Cunningham 200 touches and If he's just a stopgap that's fine.  I'd also love adding Alfred Morris, even if we have to pay him a bit more, and see if those kids can beat him out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Do you think Richard will be the lead RB (60% or more of the snaps and RB opportunities) in 2017? Or will another RB be added or Murray retained, and them splitting 3 ways again?

My sense is they'll be RBBC and each no more than a RB2-3. Wasn't Del Rio HC for the Taylor MJD days in Jax?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing they either retain Murray or get another back with the intention of having another 3 headed monster. Don't know if it was Musgrave or JDR but they like rotating all of the backs in and out. I don't expect a workhorse to come out of this backfield unless there are some injuries.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jtd13 said:

I'd think Oakland would be looking to add a bigger back as a part of the 3rbbc rotation if they don't retain Murray. Maybe Perine or Foreman if they slide to day 3, r maybe a cheaper FA. Could they be a possibility for Lacy?

This is my opinion as well. The Raiders need a bigger, bruising RB to go along with Richard and Washington. Murray is a good big RB but I can't call him bruising. So, Murray may stick around if the Raiders are comfortable with him but if he goes, it seems highly likely that there will be a messy 3-headed RB committee in Oakland. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...