What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Tyler Higbee, LAR (1 Viewer)

What are thoughts on him for week 1?  FBG projections have Kendricks getting more.  Any Rams homers watching this that have some insight?  (Confession - I am a Gronk/Higbee owner looking to see if I should stick with Higbee through the storm or go for someone else that may have a higher floor.)
I like Higbee a lot, but it is hard to trust a rookie in his first game, especially a TE.  I would prefer to go with someone like Jesse James or Vance McDonald over Higbee, at least for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are thoughts on him for week 1?  FBG projections have Kendricks getting more.  Any Rams homers watching this that have some insight?  (Confession - I am a Gronk/Higbee owner looking to see if I should stick with Higbee through the storm or go for someone else that may have a higher floor.)
I am in the same boat Pan Putski...I am rolling with Tyler Higbee. I drafted him for a reason so I'm going with my draft day instincts.

The Higbee Train is ready to leave the station...all aboard...train leaves in less than six hours.

I had drafted him to backup Gronk with the last pick in my main league's draft.  With Gronk out for the week I got cold feet (rookie TE, questionable offense, etc) and cut him for Jesse James.  Likely losing in that league now anyway, and most likely he will take off this week while lining up at WR like Colston his rookie year as a result.  YWIA.

I have my doubts with Fisher as coach.  He managed to kill Cooks value, using him as a downfield blocker and not trying to use him as a pass catching mis-match.   Not the most inventive coaching staff has me concerned where Higbee landed.   He will definitely need a unique chemistry between QB-TE to get past the coaching effects in my view, as the QB could do a lot of check downs.   Too many games I've seen with a Fisher coaching staff use star players as 'decoys' or try to focus on just one player in a game and not adjust or take what the defense gives them.  Too conservative of an approach.  I guess I'm not really a fan of the way the LA offense is run to have hope that Higbee would be anything more than a 3-40 type of stat line with the occasionally 6-80-1.    I'd figure a 60-700-5 type year would be typical under Fisher, which isn't TE1 territory.  Not to mention Kendricks will steal touches...  So it might take 3-4 years for TE1 numbers, with new coaching staff and Kendricks less in the picture.

I have a feeling this is the week Higbee finds the endzone vs Det.   5 weeks of part time and blocking, he will get a some targets and possible endzone catch.  3-30-1

dmac37 said:
With Kendricks gone, let the Higbee era begin!
Definitely a guy that should be on every Dynasty FF radar. Kendricks blows and still caught 50 passes. With McVay there calling the shots, Higbee should be a solid #2 TE this year alone.

Higbee is good, I thought there would be more talk about this. Unless the Rams draft a TE this is Huge. I read somewhere that the Rams showed a lot of interest in Howard but so did Washington and the Giants showed even more interest.

Tex

LATEST NEWS

Rams | Big expectations for Tyler Higbee (Thu Mar 2, 01:07 PM) - Los Angeles Rams TE Tyler Higbee has been given high praise from general manager Les Snead. Snead said to expect big things from Higbee in the tight end's second season.

So did the drafting of Gerald Everett just totally kill any of the fantasy hope for this guy?  No one seems to even be considering him any more.

So did the drafting of Gerald Everett just totally kill any of the fantasy hope for this guy?  No one seems to even be considering him any more.
He's still on the team so there's a chance he starts or they use 2 te sets sometimes but with no ties to the current coaching staff I'd be looking to throw him in on a trade or something.

I don't know how this years te class will ever live up to expectations. Ebron didn't come out firing and max Williams has been a bust so Henry lasted in fantasy drafts until rd 2-3. Henry had a solid rookie season so now Howard/njoku/engram are going 7-15 and several later picks are being coronated as the starter already even though they are long shots. 

The Rams TE situation screams Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener all over again to me.  I'll buy a piece (likely Higbee as he's cheaper), and hope he hits going into a 2nd year so he's likely more comfortable than a rookie coming in.  A few good games and maybe I can flip for a solid 2nd round pick in '18 and not worry about the headache of figuring it out.   Of course that implies things break right for me, eternal optimism on my own players of course.  

ESPN Rams reporter Alden Gonzalez still expects second-year TE Tyler Higbee to be counted on "heavily" following the selection of Gerald Everett in the second round.

Higbee was a hyped fourth-rounder last year — he likely would have gone higher if not for an off-field incident — but drew only 28 rookie targets. Higbee maintains pass-catching upside, but the fact that Everett was handpicked by new coach Sean McVay on Day 2 of the draft bodes poorly. Neither player is likely to make 2017 fantasy noise with Jared Goff, but Everett is probably the slightly better bet.

Source: ESPN Los Angeles 

Jun 12 - 2:13 PM

Rams TE Tyler Higbee pled guilty to second-degree assualt for his 2016 Kentucky incident.

The news comes on the same day Rams WR Mike Thomas was suspended. Higbee will be in a diversion program for five years and must perform 250 hours of community service as part of his plea deal. He'll be subject to league discipline now that his legal situation is resolved.

Source: Los Angeles Times

Jul 14 - 6:50 PM

I was listening to Adam Caplan's training camp tour this morning on the Satellite radio and he said that he is keeping an eye on Higbee this preseason. He said that Higbee is the starting TE and that he was 'unstoppable in practice' when he dropped by the Rams camp.

I was listening to Adam Caplan's training camp tour this morning on the Satellite radio and he said that he is keeping an eye on Higbee this preseason. He said that Higbee is the starting TE and that he was 'unstoppable in practice' when he dropped by the Rams camp.
Good of Higbee to drop by the Rams camp.  What is he doing in his spare time?  :P

Thanks for the constant stream of updates, Faust!  

Tyler Higbee caught 4-of-8 targets for 98 yards in the Rams' Week 5 loss to the Seahawks.

Higbee's career-high 98 yards led the Rams, while his eight targets tied Cooper Kupp for the team lead. He has 145 yards over his past two games after totaling 21 yards across his first three. That's enough to put the talented sophomore on the TE2 radar in an unsettled year for the position.

Trending up. Looked very good last week and Rams will be facing several defenses who will blanket Sammy very well.

Tyler Higbee caught 6-of-7 targets for 63 yards in the Rams' Week 11 win over the Chiefs.

Higbee set new season-highs across the board, and his 63 yards were the second-most of his three-year career while the six grabs are the new high bar for him. He and Gerald Everett combined to see 11 targets, turning them into a 9-112-2 line. Josh Reynolds went 6-80-1 on eight looks. All three performed exceptionally well in the absence of Cooper Kupp (knee), but it'll be difficult to really pin down who will benefit week to week. Reynolds and Everett are higher on the add list at the moment with the Rams going on bye before Week 13 in Detroit.

Nov 20 - 1:01 AM

Rams signed TE Tyler Higbee to a four-year extension through 2023.

The contract carries a base value of $31.025 million, a max of more than $36 million and plenty of incentives with a guarantee of $15.5 million. Higbee's deal will make him one of the league's top-10 highest-paid tight ends. The agreement indicates that athletically-gifted TE Gerald Everett likely won't see much of an expanded role in 2019. Overall, Everett played on just 35% of the offense’s snaps compared to 72% for Higbee last season. The Rams haven't made a habit of heavily involving their tight ends in the passing game, as Everett and Higbee combined for just one game with over 50 yards last season (including playoffs).

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:50 AM ET

Higbee should be owned in all dynasty leagues now.  He probably should have before... He is pretty good as an overall TE. 

Tyler Higbee was taken to the hospital after suffering a lung injury in Sunday's Week 2 win over the Saints.

Higbee coughed up blood after exiting Sunday's game with what the Rams had originally labeled as a chest injury. His stint in the hospital was merely precautionary and according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, he won't miss much if any time. Higbee's potential absence would open up snaps for Gerald Everett at tight end.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 16, 2019, 11:24 AM ET

Coach Sean McVay said Tyler Higbee (chest) is day to day.

It's a minor injury -- as long as it didn't happen to you -- and Higbee may not end up missing any actual game action after being sent to the hospital following his exit from Week 2 against the Saints. Higbee is not a fantasy option.

SOURCE: J.B. Long on Twitter

Sep 16, 2019, 8:06 PM ET

Rams TE Tyler Higbee (bruised lung) will return for Week 4.

The word came straight from coach Sean McVay on Thursday. Higbee caught six passes for 41 yards across the Rams' first three halves of the season before going down against the Saints in Week 2. Gerald Everett did nothing in his absence. If the Rams have a "fantasy play" at tight end, it's Higbee, though his TE2 appeal is limited.

SOURCE: Gary Klein on Twitter

Sep 26, 2019, 4:28 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 3-of-3 targets for 47 yards in the Rams' Week 5 loss to the Seahawks.

Not a bad night, especially after Higbee went 4/41 in Week 4. The problem is, Gerald Everett went 7/136 after going 5/44/1 on Sunday. Everett was second to only Cooper Kupp in targets this evening. Everett's breakout is going to make it difficult for Higbee to establish himself as a weekly TE2.
Goff targeted his TEs a ton in this game, if this isn't an outlier Higbee is going to put up numbers.

A lot came with Cooks out, but it still makes you wonder if they have decided on a new strategy for Goff.  Ignored the TE last year.

Tyler Higbee caught 7-of-11 targets for 116 yards in Week 14 against Seattle.

The yards and targets were both team highs. Higbee continued to shine with Gerald Everett sidelined, going over 100 yards for the second straight week. His blocking was also on full display on some of Todd Gurley's longer runs. Higbee has made the case to be featured even when Everett returns, though it's going to cut into his target share. He'll get a matchup with Dallas in Week 15.

Dec 9, 2019, 12:07 AM ET

12 catches and 111 yards today.  Last three games: 26 catches, 334 yards, and a TD.

One of my better long term holds in dynasty (I have a lot of bad holds).

Tyler Higbee caught 12-of-14 targets for 111 yards in Los Angeles' Week 15 loss to the Cowboys.

The Rams once again made a concerted effort to get Higbee involved as a receiving threat, seeing the 26-year-old spike gains of 26, 12, 12, 10, and nine yards as Jared Goff reared back for a whopping 51 pass attempts in an uphill struggle. It's happened without Gerald Everett (ankle) available, but Higbee's ranked as fantasy's TE2 since Week 13 due in part to his 23 percent target share in the former's stead. Higbee should be treated as a top-five option against the Niners in Week 16 (despite the concerning matchup) as long as Everett remains sidelined.

His garbage time was epic today. If he would’ve scored that last TD, I might’ve written him a love letter.

If by some miracle I advance, next week I’m starting my jumbo package with Andrews at flex.

Benching Hunter Henry for this guy won me the game today. Fortune favors the bold! Huzzah!

Probably going back to Henry next week though. Thanks Tyler!

He’s a must start with Everett out. Even so he was producing more than Everett so why would the Rams back down from him? Looks like they have lots of ways to use him.  Difficult to defend and great chemistry with Goff. I’m starting him  again in a non-TE mandatory league 

Users who are viewing this thread