What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2016-17 Fantasy League*** League is set - Good Luck! (1 Viewer)

You can consider me tentatively in,  but not if we increase the number of teams. WW was already crazy thin and theres basically nobody worth picking up after the first few weeks (other than players who come in during the winter transfer)

Not in love with the scoring system either, but it's hard to come up with anything better for defenders and goalies.

You can consider me tentatively in,  but not if we increase the number of teams. WW was already crazy thin and theres basically nobody worth picking up after the first few weeks (other than players who come in during the winter transfer)

Not in love with the scoring system either, but it's hard to come up with anything better for defenders and goalies.
Plenty of talent available

The notion is ridiculous. Hell, well over half my initial team last year was scrapped. I won the year before in great part because of a waiver pickup 1/3 of the way into the season.

Soccer has higher churn than other fantasy sports I've played.  I turned over 14 out of 17 roster slots during last season.  Only Lukaku, Mane and Payet were drafted.  The year before, my two keepers were the only holdovers.

That said, I think 14 is probably the upper limit to maintain some kind of roster flexibility.  20 real life teams divided by 16 pretend ones would spread talent too thin.  Empty lineup slots through injury, suspension and rotation are a problem in this format so it's important to give teams the chance to field a full squad.

Soccer has higher churn than other fantasy sports I've played.  I turned over 14 out of 17 roster slots during last season.  Only Lukaku, Mane and Payet were drafted.  The year before, my two keepers were the only holdovers.

That said, I think 14 is probably the upper limit to maintain some kind of roster flexibility.  20 real life teams divided by 16 pretend ones would spread talent too thin.  Empty lineup slots through injury, suspension and rotation are a problem in this format so it's important to give teams the chance to field a full squad.

That's all I'm saying. I'm fine with 14 teams but there was some talk about going bigger if there was interest.  To me, 16+ would be too many.

The Waiver Wire was basically bare the 2nd half the year (other than winter transfers and a couple of younger guys that came up late). Not saying that's a bad thing (your team should be set by then) but I just didn't want it to get even more shallow.

Yeah, the number of quality players available throughout the season is pretty high.  Not all of them turn out to be long-term fixes, but I picked up Alli last year in week 5, among others, on the WW.  There are also a number of short-term injury fill-ins that become available every week.

I"d love to do this, but I'd guarantee that by the 9th or 10th week I'd start to flake out. I got the guts, I don't got the fuel.

count me out. but I'll happily kibbitz any owner that wants.

I"d love to do this, but I'd guarantee that by the 9th or 10th week I'd start to flake out. I got the guts, I don't got the fuel.

count me out. but I'll happily kibbitz any owner that wants.

Maybe you and Kafka can join forces and flake in and out all season?

Okay, are we going with these 12? Adding 2 more? WTF ARE WE DOING?

I'm in the middle of a GD trial and feel like I'm the only one paying any attention to this.

Don't wait on me guys.  I'm just here for the draft.  I don't want to burden the league with a dead team.

Edit:  Again

Last edited by a moderator:
So, there are 16 days left until the season starts. Worth noting that last year it took 3 days to do the dice and 11 days to do the draft.  At this rate United might actually sign Pogba before we start this thing. 

Seven in so far:

Christo - 940

Drunken Slob - 845

Gator - 589

FreeBaGel - 556

Brady Marino - 527

Bonzai - 274

Poke4Life - 64

Christo said:
Seven Nine in so far:

Christo - 940

Drunken Slob - 845